• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
I can't imagine the backlash if this Adam character was to get in but Ridley doesn't, think the metroid fan base would collectively **** itself.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Adam would be the fella that gets all the bad rap/(flak Wii Fit Trainer used to get during her reveal, except he will never be warmed upon, I bet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How can we be sure that this rumour is true? All he said is he was laughed at for spilling ROB but where's the verification?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Holy crap this got pinned

And it looks like the one with Ashley being a assist trophy and rosalina being the only mario newcomer is back on top

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
After years of no representation, we get some new guy from other m, instead of a villain who actually matters to the series.

I personally am not the type to get mad, I happen to love superior spiderman and mega mewtwo y, but I can understand why many fans would

Toots

Smash Rookie
Reply to my closed thread http://smashboards.com/threads/i-have-played-the-new-smash-bros-wii-u-version.346330/#post-16231274
You guys wanted those pics really badly.
There's nothing in them that showcases anything Smash. They're tourist pics, really.
I also looked into it and the Pokemon I meant was Oshawott.
As for the artwork of the new characters, I only saw them from head up. Chrom was facing to the right, Dixie Kong had her mouth open and looking down, Issac and Adam looked sorta neutral. Shulk was also looking to the right.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This one is safe

MARIO

*Rosalina is the first and only Mario newcomer for the game.

*There were plans Waluigi to be playable but he was scrapped and his Assist has been greatly updated and is more devastating than ever before. After Waluigi, the plan was originally to have Toad playable but he was later decided to remain as Peach's B move.

*There were never any plans for Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and Daisy to be playable. The former was considered to be an Assist Trophy, but that idea was quickly rid of in favor of a cult favorite Mario character.

*Fawful is the new Mario Assist Trophy, he replaces Hammer Bro. Fawful is kind-of like this game's Mr. Resetti and he flies around the screen talking in his amazingly hilarious voice and will attack players at random.

DONKEY KONG

*The next character revealed will be Diddy Kong for Tropical Freeze's JP release date.

*There will be a DK newcomer, though. It's King K. Rool...AND Dixie Kong. K. Rool is a standalone player and the heaviest fighter on the roster. Since he is heavy, he is also very powerful and is capable of launching fighters like Kirby and Olimar off the screen with two heavy Smash attacks. He does use the blunderbuss as his final smash. He jumps in the air and releases cannonballs from the top of the screen while launching mini-cannonballs from the side of the screen. Gangplank Galleon is confirmed to be a stage.

*Dixie Kong will be paired with Diddy Kong. Although, they'll play more like Zelda/Shiek than the Ice Climbers. Dixie has her own separate moveset but her moves are not confirmed as she not fully worked on yet.

ZELDA

*There is a Zelda newcomer but who that is, I do not know. They are keeping it a real secret. I did hear the Japanese names for Ghirahim and Tingle but if they're playable, I do not know.

*Ganondorf will retain some of C. Falcon's moveset but he has been buffed. His moveset now includes his sword. The sword can be equipped by crouching down and pressing B.

FIRE EMBLEM

*The newcomer for Fire Emblem is Chrom. As if it wasn't obvious enough, he uses the Falchion as his main attack and does NOT replace Ike. Marth, Ike and Chrom are the Fire Emblem characters. Chrom is planned to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the very first game.

*The Assist Trophy for the series is now King Gangrel and Aversa, actually. Lyn does not return. Gangrel runs fast across the stage using his Levin Sword while Aversa flies in the air using her 'Aversa's Night' as an attack. They are considered by Sakurai to be the most "unexpected" additions.

WARIO & YOSHI

*There are no major changes but Wario's classic attire is his default attire. I dunno if movesets are changed or not.

*Ashley is Wario's Assist Trophy and replaces Kat & Ana.

METROID

*Ridley is Metroid's newcomer. They scaled him down to size. Remember that Brawl video showcasing him against the PT Trainer? He looks almost exactly like that. What they did is amazSTAR FOX

*There are no major changes but Falco is further away from being a Fox clone and Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.

ANIMAL CROSSING

*Villager does have a female alt but nothing is changed.

*Tom Nook is the Assist Trophy alongside Mr. Resetti. He will go around randomly dropping bells, causing players to slip.

KID ICARUS

*Palutena is a newcomer. Her arsenal is almost entirely based from Uprising, is what I heard.

*Magnus is the KI Assist Trophy. He goes around swinging a sword and plays similar to Little Mac: fast, strong, but at times, suicidal.

POKEMON

*Mewtwo returns.

*Jigglypuff returns

*No cuts are made.

*Mewtwo and Lucario are not clones and their movesets barely resemble each others'.

KIRBY

*No newcomers for the Kirby series.

*Meta Knight will be revealed in the Summer of 2014, is what I remember.

MOTHER

*There are no major changes made to the Mother series.

RANDOM SERIES

*All misc. characters return with the addition of Little Mac. He looks like he does in the Wii reboot of Punch-Out!!

*WFT's male alt plays almost exactly like the female WFT.

*Yes, WFT does have a butt attack. HFT is given a headbutt instead.

*King Hippo and the Ghosts from Luigi's Mansion are Assist Trophies.

*I may have left out a few more veterans and stuff, but I am only retelling what I was told.

THIRD-PARTY

*We have Sonic and Mega Man in the third party slot.

*Snake does indeed return.

*Pac-Man will be the final newcomer revealed. Well, he won't be revealed...he'll be a secret character.

Go ahead and don't believe me. I know it's a lot to swallow but trust me, I know what I'm doing.ing according to Sakurai. [/collapse]

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
That one is too safe. No cuts at all? Sakurai already said there would be cuts.

Also, Sakurai prides himself on being unpredictable.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I can't imagine the backlash if this Adam character was to get in but Ridley doesn't, think the metroid fan base would collectively **** itself.
If this was all true, it would prove that Sakurai really doesn't give a flying **** about what anyone wants in Smash. Wii Fit Trainer isn't a terrible choice, but if those are the only newcomers we get, then it's a complete waste. Not to mention adding 3 sword characters (granted, all 3 I want to be playable). But having half of the newcomers be more European swordsmen and totally failing to add characters like K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena (to a lesser extent), etc. would be absolutely ridiculous.

However, I don't think Adam is entirely farfetched if Snake has been cut. Adam would be a fairly compatible husk to stuff his moveset into.

Regardless, this "trip to the Namco office" doesn't have Little Mac, Mii, or Pacman in it, so I would file that away as almost entirely bull****.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

Here's a mock-up roster from the "Trip to Namco" Rumor. If this were the final roster, I'd be mad. (Sorry, my version of roster maker is really outdated).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
How come all these leaks with Rosalina and Luma come only after she was shown (which wasn't that long ago)?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I want Lazy Sunday Morning Samus for the new Metroid representative, not Adam. She could have reading glasses and pajamas with little Metroid prints on them, and a coffee mug.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd be pretty enfuriated if all we got were a bunch of humans, a robot in a human disguise, and a monkey who tries to dress up like a human. That's not the kind of creativity I love Nintendo for.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace

Here's a mock-up roster from the "Trip to Namco" Rumor. If this were the final roster, I'd be mad. (Sorry, my version of roster maker is really outdated).
Dang... That is a depressing roster, lol. Also, out of curiosity, doesn't it work out to be less than Brawl if you count the transformations and the Pokemon from the Trainer?

I really hope this guy is wrong, but I feel a bit sick, it's usually the bland and simple guys who are right.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Adam can be debunked imo. All his moves would involve commanding Samus to follow GFA regulations.
Samus, you are not authorized to recover. Any objections, lady?

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
Reply to my closed thread http://smashboards.com/threads/i-have-played-the-new-smash-bros-wii-u-version.346330/#post-16231274
There's nothing in them that showcases anything Smash. They're tourist pics, really.
As for the artwork of the new characters, I only saw them from head up. Chrom was facing to the right, Dixie Kong had her mouth open and looking down, Issac and Adam looked sorta neutral. Shulk was also looking to the right.

Do you have the world's most blurry camera or can you link us to what 360p video off youtube you got these from?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Anything Project M in a future Smash game would be amazing.

Dr. Mario and Dr. Luigi outfits for Mario and Luigi (with pills instead of fireballs, although they are just aesthetic changes with new sound effects) would be hype!

After the Miis/Little Mac/Pac-Man/Mega Man/Villager/Wii Fit Trainer rumor I would say it is the most believable one.

Granted, the back story is total BS, but if it were real, I'd use a BS story.

As for Dixie Kong/Diddy Kong as a team, I hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it, but I might be okay with it if it works like Sheik and Zelda instead of two of them there at the same time.

This is because Diddy is already overpowered enough, and might be even better in Smash 3DS and especially Wii U given his offense looks to be nothing if not improved much more than nearly all of the roster.

Also, if I'm right and Yoshi and Ike are a part of this, that's 51 characters, aka my magic number. As much as I don't like Chrom or Palutena, and as much I can't stand the idea of a Dixie/Diddy combo, I can't be disappointed with a roster with the current 21 confirmed characters along with the unconfirmed 22 Brawl characters coming back, along with Mewtwo's return, Little Mac's big entrance, K. Rool's arrival, and especially Ridley's crash landing.

I just can't.
real-talk-1.jpg

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Of course the roster wouldn't be finished, because **** no they aren't cutting Ganondorf and throwing Pokémon down to 2, not to mention other characters like R.O.B. We don't see Little Mac, Mii or Pac-Man either, which is a bit odd since that leak has quite some credibility. An addition like Adam would instantly kill my hype in one quick sweep, and I'm not too keen on the other guys/monkey either.

Just hoping that there's something that'll debunk it soon.

ndayday

BRoomer
They fused another (likely troll/fake) leak thread with this one, which apparently moved AP's post down (post #14)

I swear I had nothing to do with this.
Correct, I have failed you all...
I'm working on it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
My ninja skills precede me.

If nothing else/for the time being, I could edit that post with all of the content of the real OP. Also wouldn't mind running this thread, since apparently APC is busy nowadays.

ndayday

BRoomer
That'd be great for the meantime. If you wanna take over the thread get permission from APC first.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
If You click on one of the pics, they take you to some random guy's photo bucket library. Tom Cresci (TeekyCres). No idea who that is. At least he is putting more effort into this than most.

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
=( I´m really mad if there is no Krystal or King K Rool or Mii at least. =) Oh well but Dedede my favorite character is in!
Sakurai said something about costumes I´m really sure this is when Mii get into action.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice

PlayerOneTyler

I made a 50-man roster using the four most believable leaks (Mii/Pac/Mac, Diddy/Dedede, Translator, and this new "Namco Visit" one). They all seemed to coinside with one another, with the only problem being Diddy and Dixie being together in the Translator leak, but not the Namco Visit leak. They could easily have been separated on the roster for whatever reason between the leaks, or just separated on this version that the Toots guy apparently played, but I don't know. I don't think I'd mind this roster at all, really.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
If You click on one of the pics, they take you to some random guy's photo bucket library. Tom Cresci (TeekyCres). No idea who that is. At least he is putting more effort into this than most.
Now we know that he's entirely bull****. No one who was actually running the risk of being sued would link to an account that shows their real name.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I made a 50-man roster using the four most believable leaks (Mii/Pac/Mac, Diddy/Dedede, Translator, and this new "Namco Visit" one). They all seemed to coinside with one another, with the only problem being Diddy and Dixie being together in the Translator leak, but not the Namco Visit leak. They could easily have been separated on the roster for whatever reason between the leaks, or just reparated on this version that the Toots apparently played, but I don't know. I don't think I'd mind this roster at all, really.

This Roster is honestly too good to be true. It has every character I want and more.

PlayerOneTyler

Just realized that Chrom doesn't replace Ike in one of the leaks, and forgot to include him, making the roster and awkward 51. Ah, well. I'm pretty sure the Namco Visit rumor is total bull****, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom