• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I never said that could happen. But with any leak you can do that, and, eh, what do you know, every single leak is alive again. [But really, a big chunk would be revived.] He's been protected for one reason only: He got Wii Fit Trainer. If it weren't for that, we wouldn't believe this leak like crazy. [or, you guys] You've got nothing to lose, and tons of smash fans were speculating. One guessing Wii Fit Trainer and "Animal Crossing Guy" can happen. The other 4 were pretty likely or requested to begin with. Somebody has to win the lottery, and anybody could lie and say they have a source. And if his source was anonymous, why choose that one guy? And you are being hypothetical, which when staying to the facts, you can't really do. You have to deal with leaks carefully.

Also, the chances of Jigglypuff being cut are little to none. She has plenty of fans, and she's a 64 vet. No way in hell is she at high risk.
Agree with you about Puff.... she is a safer bet then Mewtwo in my opinion.

About Sal.... I'm not 100% convinced but the guy has credibility. The ONLY thing he got wrong was that all 6 of those new comers in the initial leak would be revealed at E3 (and that could have been because of miscommunication with his source), so stop saying he was wrong multiple times. Rosalina wasn't a miss because no where in the initial leak did he say that those were ALL the new comers.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Why not add Mewtwo and make the roster a solid 50? Its not like he for sure is cut.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
has a known leaker except paul gale ever added characters that were not in to extend the leak life
Lupinko. Except he didn't outright say which characters were going to be in Ultimate. He threw out "hints", most of which were either too vague or completely unassociated with characters that ended up in, including Sigma, Cyclops, Jubilee and several others. He also "leaked" the name of the game as "Super Marvel vs Capcom 3", which was obviously wrong too.

I think the only ones he got right were Strider, Frank and Firebrand. All of which were expected anyway.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
However, transformation is what the 3DS is better at than the Wii U. Having less polygons, smaller textures and a fast card it's put on, it will load much quicker than Wii U with lots of polygon, high res textures and being put on a disk.

My guess is that mid-match transformation was removed due to the Wii U. However, transformations remains in Final Smashes.
So you're telling me that the Wii handled transformations smoothly, and yet the Wii U will have some sort of problem as opposed to the 3DS? This is just ridiculous.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I believe that when Sakurai mentioned characters being limited due to the 3DS version many of the more tech orientated people on this site were saying that it would probably effect transformation characters because of the 3DS' limited RAM (and to a lesser extent CPU.) Looks to me like that's exactly what happened.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
meanwhile the chorus men(kids) could be a wario rep my reasoning

this pic from game and wario

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, Ray has been size-compared to a human, whereas to my knowledge Olimar has not. Those could be giant pennies! (not that it matters much anyway... Ray was an AT in Brawl and he wasn't tiny) I kind of think Ray only has a shot if Nintendo wises up and wants to push a new custom robo (which would be amazingly hype, btw)

RE: transformations.. It seems like Online is the BIG focus of this game (whereas it was pretty obviously a side mode for Brawl), so I think MOST of the changes they are making are coming from that focus. A transformation causes each player's console to load a new character, which I could see causing lag. I also noticed that they seem to be removing random attacks from the moveset - big examples of this being DDD always throwing a gordo instead of a variety of things and Olimar having a set Pikmin order. There are other examples of this that I can't think of right now... I'm honestly wondering if the turnip pull or G&W's judge will be reworked similarly. all in all, I think most of the changes they are making are being made to make Online a much smoother experience (something Namco is GOOD at, if Tekken is a representation of it)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I believe that when Sakurai mentioned characters being limited due to the 3DS version many of the more tech orientated people on this site were saying that it would probably effect transformation characters because of the 3DS' limited RAM (and to a lesser extent CPU.) Looks to me like that's exactly what happened.
Remember what Sakurai said about the 3DS having issues with multiple characters? That could be why Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Charizard are now separate characters... and it could be why Olimar has three Pikmins now... maybe they might split up the Ice Climbers? Make Popo and Nana separate characters - which I am against because I don't want Nana to be a clone of Popo if they are separate - OR just go for the Wii Fit Trainer route... and make Popo the main Ice Climber... while Nana is the alternate Ice Climber (basically remove the "s" from the name "Ice Climbers")... that might be why Kirby's hammer move is changed... just so Popo (or Nana) would have Kirby's old hammer move instead of the spinning hammer move (kinda like buffing a singular Ice Climber).

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

About Sal.... I'm not 100% convinced but the guy has credibility. The ONLY thing he got wrong was that all 6 of those new comers in the initial leak would be revealed at E3 (and that could have been because of miscommunication with his source), so stop saying he was wrong multiple times. Rosalina wasn't a miss because no where in the initial leak did he say that those were ALL the new comers.
Fine, but people are acting like the only way to guess Wii Fit Trainer is to consult with god or something, and that is bs. The only reason he can't get visual cues on Greninja is because he's the 3rd hand source? What? That's not something to debunk, but it shows that getting Pokemon from X/Y is meaningless. People are acting like he's been super right, but realistically, he isn't that right. Glad you atleast aren't blindly following him and claiming he's 100000% likely to be right.

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
So doesnt that "trophy direct" rumor conflict with the sal rumor? We had kid icarus=palutena, Zelda=ganondorf, fire emblem=chrom, then metroid which can really only equal to be ridley or any other metroid character they choose but still doesnt agree with sals rumor

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Remember what Sakurai said about the 3DS having issues with multiple characters? That could be why Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Charizard are now separate characters... and it could be why Olimar has three Pikmins now... maybe they might split up the Ice Climbers? Make Popo and Nana separate characters - which I am against because I don't want Nana to be a clone of Popo if they are separate - OR just go for the Wii Fit Trainer route... and make Popo the main Ice Climber... while Nana is the alternate Ice Climber (basically remove the "s" from the name "Ice Climbers")... that might be why Kirby's hammer move is changed... just so Popo (or Nana) would have Kirby's old hammer move instead of the spinning hammer move (kinda like buffing a singular Ice Climber).
I feel like it'd be easy to convert IC's to a less-desynced character, more like Rosalina & luma... Don't let the climbers act separately from each other, and you don't have to worry about Nana's AI, and probably the computing is a lot easier. This would drastically change how the IC's are, but it would leave them in the game as a plural char, so I'm ok with it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Aside from the Palutena/Chrom leaks, I don't really like most of these leaks that are still alive mainly because they lack Duck Hunt Dog... I don't like the idea of four Japan-only retro characters getting in Smash (Takamaru, Sable, Lip, and especially Donbe & Hikari) all at once.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
I thought about this happening as well. If solo Ice Climber is confirmed, then we'll know for sure that the removal of transformations was due to 3DS limitations.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Fine, but people are acting like the only way to guess Wii Fit Trainer is to consult with god or something, and that is bs. The only reason he can't get visual cues on Greninja is because he's the 3rd hand source? What? That's not something to debunk, but it shows that getting Pokemon from X/Y is meaningless. People are acting like he's been super right, but realistically, he isn't that right. Glad you atleast aren't blindly following him and claiming he's 100000% likely to be right.
5 characters. One that was unlikely, and one that was damn near unguessable. Your justification that 'it wasn't that hard to guess' really doesn't stand up when you consider the shock (and dismay, to begin with) at WFT's reveal, and the sheer improbability of 'guessing' five characters. Seems to me you just don't want to believe this.

Staarih

Smash Master
B-but... Ice Climbers without the "s" just wouldn't feel right!

But I could see it happening though. They're essentially the same character twice and a slot could be shared by Popo/Nana like Wii Fit Trainer(s). Interesting thought.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So doesnt that "trophy direct" rumor conflict with the sal rumor? We had kid icarus=palutena, Zelda=ganondorf, fire emblem=chrom, then metroid which can really only equal to be ridley or any other metroid character they choose but still doesnt agree with sals rumor
Sal rumors doesn't state that his leaked characters are ALL the new comers, so no, it doesn't.

Ice Climbers wouldn't drop the 'S' even if you played as only one of them as long as they were both in the game. Wii Fit Trainer is now officially Wii Fit Trainers, with an s, because of the costume.

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman

By having it so that not all characters are 'leaked' it essentially makes it very hard to kill the leak as nothing short of showing that a character is unplayable can do anything to it. Could it be true of any real leaker? Probably, but anybody who wants to keep the charade going would be smart to make it hard to disprove by allowing incompleteness.

To me it seem this 'leak' is mostly safe guesses and one guess that wasn't that likely - Wii Fit Trainer. But guessing her is not exactly a grand cosmic event. There is definitely something suspect when half the characters reported to show at E3 haven't yet been shown or appeared a significant amount of time later. Not a total disproof, and like you say if it was legitimate it is possible that there was a miscommunication, but it still remains suspicious.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
If the Chorus Men (or Marshal) ends up being a character, this leak may indeed be true. None of the other characters supposedly leaked would necessarily give more credit to the leak as they are all believable. If the Chorus Men, in some form or another, doesn't end up as playable, then this supposed leak is fake, period.
Well, as I've already stated from the other thread, I guess its probably best to wait until the 3DS version comes out then we'll have the answers.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
5 characters. One that was unlikely, and one that was damn near unguessable. Your justification that 'it wasn't that hard to guess' really doesn't stand up when you consider the shock (and dismay, to begin with) at WFT's reveal, and the sheer improbability of 'guessing' five characters. Seems to me you just don't want to believe this.
While I mostly agree, it isn't out of the question that he took a wild guess based on Wii Fit sales, and then got lucky with his XY Pokemon call. Villager and Little Mac weren't mind blowing predictions. Neither is Palutena. Hell, even Mega Man was somewhat expected. For me, this rumour hangs on the Chorus Boy. Most of his remaining characters are common in leaks.

Plus, he never mentioned Rosalina.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
What if sakurai doesnt put the entire roster in the 3DS version? Newcomers would still be revealed and people would need to download them... Chances this would happen is ?% cuz nobody can predict sakurai

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
By having it so that not all characters are 'leaked' it essentially makes it very hard to kill the leak as nothing short of showing that a character is unplayable can do anything to it. Could it be true of any real leaker? Probably, but anybody who wants to keep the charade going would be smart to make it hard to disprove by allowing incompleteness.

To me it seem this 'leak' is mostly safe guesses and one guess that wasn't that likely - Wii Fit Trainer. But guessing her is not exactly a grand cosmic event. There is definitely something suspect when half the characters reported to show at E3 haven't yet been shown or appeared a significant amount of time later. Not a total disproof, and like you say if it was legitimate it is possible that there was a miscommunication, but it still remains suspicious.
I'd argue the leak avoids safe bets more than most others. WFT and Chorus Men weren't even thrown about as possibilities, and yet he's 1 for 2 on them. Not to mention Ridley, Mewtwo and King K. Rool are excluded - those three are pretty much the markers of a safe bet, and this leak doesn't include them. While E3 knocked him a bit, scheduled releases are likely in flux around E3 and plans many have changed after he was informed, which I find to be perfectly believable. He's nailed 5, so I'm inclined to believe this one.

Plus, he never mentioned Rosalina.
He also never stated that this was the full roster. Considering he's received what he has so far across two emails, it would seem his source is only leaking bits and bobs, probably to protect himself.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
What if sakurai doesnt put the entire roster in the 3DS version? Newcomers would still be revealed and people would need to download them... Chances this would happen is ?% cuz nobody can predict sakurai
He's stated numerous times thay the roster will be the same, including two days ago in the Direct. I'll hazard a prediction - 0%

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who is questioning characters like Ice Climbers reappearing due to what Sakurai said are "limitations" on the 3DS put those fears to rest. Once Rosalina was announced Ice Climbers were all but confirmed. Rosalina plays more complex than Ice Climbers. They found a way to work with those limitations.

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
Sal rumors doesn't state that his leaked characters are ALL the new comers, so no, it doesn't.

Ice Climbers wouldn't drop the 'S' even if you played as only one of them as long as they were both in the game. Wii Fit Trainer is now officially Wii Fit Trainers, with an s, because of the costume.
But doesnt it say that there will be 48 chatacters so that one extra metroid character messes it up

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
To my knowledge, Sal's leaker is the first to mention Chorus man/men/Marshall. If the char is confirmed, I don't see how we can doubt the leak.

no other revealed characters would change my mind about him having known about the three e3 characters only, though.

He's stated numerous times thay the roster will be the same, including two days ago in the Direct. I'll hazard a prediction - 0%
I could actually see new characters coming for the Wii U version and being added to the 3DS through DLC... seems like a Sakurai thing to do.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Sakurai has already said both games will have the same roster, it would be contradictive of Nintendo to hold back characters on the 3DS version and have them be held back for download later. I don't really see it happening.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Anyone who is questioning characters like Ice Climbers reappearing due to what Sakurai said are "limitations" on the 3DS put those fears to rest. Once Rosalina was announced Ice Climbers were all but confirmed. Rosalina plays more complex than Ice Climbers. They found a way to work with those limitations.
I agree. If a feature like Smash Run can exist, the Ice Climbers have nothing to fear. Anyone who has a 3DS knows how powerful it actually is.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Sakurai has already said both games will have the same roster, it would be contradictive of Nintendo to hold back characters on the 3DS version and have them be held back for download later. I don't really see it happening.
if the final roster, regardless of DLC (which I assume would be free), is on both games, then it's not a contradiction.

If 1-2 chars weren't ready for whatever reason, but the rest of the game was, I could totally see Nintendo / Sakurai putting out the game, to have a few good surprises following it. Otherwise, I'm worried the Wii U version might lose its hype...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Chorus Men are revealed, then I have no doubt it's real.

I'm already pretty convinced, but there is the obvious chance it isn't. However, I'm pretty sure guessing Wii Fit Trainer is much bigger than many people give Sal credit for. Even Sakurai said that almost nobody would have seen Wii Fit Trainer coming.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I think it'd be a great idea to add a few extra characters to the Wii U version, and allow them to be unlocked on the 3DS by connecting to the Wii U version. You could consider it cheap, sure, but it would allow the Wii U to retain an element of freshness that it's going to need to remain a console seller amongst casuals, as well as give people a reason to return to the 3DS version several months after release.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
but... rosa isn't more complex.
There's no AI on the luma... once it's released, it just bounces back to Rosa. no recovery AI or anything. if rosa does a move, it does... It's a pretty 'dumb' object, as far as programming/processing power is concerned.

IC's could be controlled separately from each other through desyncs and such, and Nana required her own set of AI when they were separated. They actually could cause Melee to lag (go play 4forall IC's on Fountain). They're a lot to process.
Now, as I said before, it'd be really easy to "attach" Nana to Popo, and remove the desync/AI from them to really cut down on processing. I expect them to make it just fine.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
There's no AI on the luma... once it's released, it just bounces back to Rosa. no recovery AI or anything. if rosa does a move, it does... It's a pretty 'dumb' object, as far as programming/processing power is concerned.

IC's could be controlled separately from each other through desyncs and such, and Nana required her own set of AI when they were separated. They actually could cause Melee to lag (go play 4forall IC's on Fountain). They're a lot to process.
Now, as I said before, it'd be really easy to "attach" Nana to Popo, and remove the desync/AI from them to really cut down on processing. I expect them to make it just fine.
"if you use the luma shot the luma wanders around untill you use it again" sakurai's words

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
d
I agree. If a feature like Smash Run can exist, the Ice Climbers have nothing to fear. Anyone who has a 3DS knows how powerful it actually is.
Look at Pokemon X and Y... 719 individual character moels and animations, and those are just Pokemon. Everything's gonna be fine.

Last edited:

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice

You could've fooled me.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
But doesnt it say that there will be 48 chatacters so that one extra metroid character messes it up
Two things here. The Sal leak does NOT mention 48 characters. That would be the Mario Kart leak, which is a completely different and unrelated leak. A lot of people are just trying to fit rosters currently into both leaks. The second thing is that the 48 slot Mario Kart leak also mentions 4 cuts, which would put the total roster at 47 and still leave room for Ridley. (So he is not too big for that specific leak.)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think the other thing that bothers me about this leak is how many characters are from the 2000's. I know that's a weird thing to be annoyed about, but I want more old school/ retro character. Even Little Mac and Palutena aren't considered retro, as their popularity stems from recent reboots. At the moment, only Mega Man seems like an old school character.

It's the same as what I was saying about it having too many new series' represented. I don't think Smash can have too many series represented, however I do think it needs to be a balanced roster. This leak introduces 8 characters from new series, yet only three from current series'. Just seems odd to me.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I'd argue the leak avoids safe bets more than most others. WFT and Chorus Men weren't even thrown about as possibilities, and yet he's 1 for 2 on them. Not to mention Ridley, Mewtwo and King K. Rool are excluded - those three are pretty much the markers of a safe bet, and this leak doesn't include them. While E3 knocked him a bit, scheduled releases are likely in flux around E3 and plans many have changed after he was informed, which I find to be perfectly believable. He's nailed 5, so I'm inclined to believe this one.
Chorus Man is so out there that it will take the game being released to disprove it (at which point it no longer matters), unless it is shown explicitly as an assist trophy (which I doubt). If I see Chorus Man on top of Wii Fit trainer then I'll be a lot more inclined to believe it, but Wii Fit Trainer alone is certainly not credible imo. With so many people guessing there's likely to be somebody out there who gets a character like that. Considering the large number of 'leaks' out there it stands that there is a reasonably large probability that some will survive a few 'vetting' processes, and this one seems structured to resist tests that could falsify it - the largest being the incompleteness.

I don't agree that Ridley, Mewtwo and K. Rool are 'safe bets'. We didn't even get a comment on Mewtwo until E3 after all (and this 'leak' explicitly only concerns newcomers) while Ridley is often widely considered unsuitable (and is one of the easiest to disconfirm - definitely something to avoid if you want to seem credible for as long as possible). K. Rool, along with assuming a third DK rep, is a character who hasn't appeared in a long time.

wrt E3 schedule, while things probably fluctuate it seems to me that the character reveals are at least planned a reasonably amount of time ahead - as it can probably take more time than is anticipated to create some of those CGI trailers (and the pool of 'known' characters that can appear needs to be anticipated).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom