• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
As long as Shulk I don't care who else. But I would love Shulk, and Shulk.
For a second, I almost thought you missed the most important character: not Isaac. Must have been hallucinating.

Nah, just kidding. I'd honestly love Isaac, too. I'm a decently big fan of the Golden Sun series, honestly. But since he and Shulk are seen as "rivals" by Smash Bros. fans for some reason, I have to side with THE CLEARLY SUPERIOR my favorite character. I still don't understand their "rivalry" though, at least beyond their incredibly loose physical resemblance. Their playstyles are completely different, even in their respective games, after all. But what do I know?

Micaiah frankly doesn't have a chance in hell, even though it'd be nice to see a non-Lord FE character. Dixie Kong I have mixed feelings about. I like her a lot, but I'm not sure she really deserves a moveset of her own in a game like this.

Shroob

Sup?
I still think Ridley is in the game. If Sakurai wanted to finally put this thing to rest he would have showed him instead of teasing us with a shadow.
To be fair, he teased the Yellow Devil as some sort of stage element in Wily Castle for the longest time before he flat out finally said he was a boss. Until then, we had no idea 'what' it was.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
To be fair, he teased the Yellow Devil as some sort of stage element in Wily Castle for the longest time before he flat out finally said he was a boss. Until then, we had no idea 'what' it was.
But the Yellow Devil isn't the #1 most requested character so the stakes are just a LITTLE different here...

Regardless we're getting off topic here. Back 2 the rumors?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I still think Ridley is in the game. If Sakurai wanted to finally put this thing to rest he would have showed him in full instead of teasing us with a shadow.
Nah, even if its is shadow we know is Ridley what difference does that make when he was showed in Pyrosphere with a big text saying "Boss Battle" (don´t remember clearly).
.n_n.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
The crown symbol on for the Find Mii stage is probably the Mii's emblem. It's support for this is that when you faveorite a Mii it get's a little crown symbol on it's profile, so...

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
All this talk of the Chorus Kids/Marshal got me thinking about what the reveal trailer will be like when they are announced. I can only imagine how the other characters will react. I bet even they are going to be saying "WTF?". If I'm right about that detail, I really hope they have Wii Fit Trainer as one of those reacting characters, the irony would be very funny stuff. With that in mind I think I am now hoping more than ever for Sal's info to be true.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
The crown symbol on for the Find Mii stage is probably the Mii's emblem. It's support for this is that when you faveorite a Mii it get's a little crown symbol on it's profile, so...
Sorry, but this has already been discussed. I wondered this myself, but the crown used for the Find Mii stage's symbol resembles the "Regal Crown" your captured Mii from Find Mii wears.

The red symbol next to favorite Miis, and the gold symbol next to system Miis neither match the Find Mii symbol's design.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Sorry, but this has already been discussed. I wondered this myself, but the crown used for the Find Mii stage's symbol resembles the "Regal Crown" your captured Mii from Find Mii wears.

The red symbol next to favorite Miis, and the gold symbol next to system Miis neither match the Find Mii symbol's design.
Didn't know it was discussed cus I didn't wanna binge read 20 pages.

Even still, that's some slight nod to Miis.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Didn't know it was discussed cus I didn't wanna binge read 20 pages.

Even still, that's some slight nod to Miis.
No problem lol. I can't blame you for it. Anyway, I don't know. Maybe? It's possible, I guess. It could be seen as a symbol for all of StreetPass Mii Plaza, if nothing else. And to be honestly, I don't really know what symbol a Mii would have, unless it's literally the word "Mii" or the favorite crown.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Does anyone has saw the rumor or conspiracy about the 55 characters and 16 new comers in the Smash Direct Thread XD, it would be funny if it was real.
.n_n.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
No problem lol. I can't blame you for it. Anyway, I don't know. Maybe? It's possible, I guess. It could be seen as a symbol for all of StreetPass Mii Plaza, if nothing else. And to be honestly, I don't really know what symbol a Mii would have, unless it's literally the word "Mii" or the favorite crown.
Maybe the symbol is the crown on 3DS and the plane on the Wii U?

Prob not, though.

D

Deleted member

They're from the minigame Glee Club in Rhythm Heaven DS, which was the second minigame in the game, and the prominent one used to promote and sell it.

A particular "chorus man" named Marshal appears as the mascot for Rhythm Heaven Fever on the Wii. So it's possible, if not a little far-fetched. Probably the best representative the series has, save for Karate Joe, who is the only character to be in all three games.
Wrong.
Kodenrikkoku/Wandering Samurai/Samurai Steve also appeared in all three games. And more, when Game & Wario is taken to account.

D

Deleted member

Betting on the Salo leak being true. Take that along with Mewtwo, new retro character and confirmed newcomers and we're sitting at fourteen, which is a good amount of newcomers. More is certainly possible, but I'd imagine just one or two more should we get lucky.

So outside of the Salo leaked/confirmed characters, I'm thinking our last newcomers are going to be Mewtwo, Mach Rider and K. Rool, though there are certainly other candidates out there.
If we don't get Snake at next E3, does anyone think his time is done?

Sonic got a trailer, and E3 would be the last chance to show off a trailer.
To be fair, if the game was released in September, that gives us room for one more chance of Snake's reveal even if he fails to show up at E3. But yeah, if E3 is our last chance at a trailer, then it's show up or die for Snake.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Wrong.
Kodenrikkoku/Wandering Samurai/Samurai Steve also appeared in all three games. And more, when Game & Wario is taken to account.
Ahh, thank you for correcting me. I forgot that he appeared in Rhythm Heaven DS/Gold. Also, I (still!!!) have yet to play Game & Wario, so I wasn't aware that he was in that game. That's actually really neat, though!

D

Deleted member

I don't like how people correlate Marshal with the Chorus Men/Kids aspect.
Unlike "Pokémon from X/Y" there's nothing vague about "Chorus Men"; it implies the trio from the DS game, not a singular look-alike. Especially considering from a few pages back, it has been stated that Sal Romano's source does not see visuals.

Ahh, thank you for correcting me. I forgot that he appeared in Rhythm Heaven DS/Gold. Also, I (still!!!) have yet to play Game & Wario, so I wasn't aware that he was in that game. That's actually really neat, though!
No problem.
He appears in one of the microgames you play in 9-Volt's Gamer stage.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't like how people correlate Marshal with the Chorus Men/Kids aspect.
Unlike "Pokémon from X/Y" there's nothing vague about "Chorus Men"; it implies the trio from the DS game, not a singular look-alike. Especially considering from a few pages back, it has been stated that Sal Romano's source does not see visuals.

No problem.
He appears in one of the microgames you play in 9-Volt's Gamer stage.
As been said before, it could just be a placeholder name. Wasn't Roy's "Fire Emblem2"?

D

Deleted member

As been said before, it could just be a placeholder name. Wasn't Roy's "Fire Emblem2"?
No.
His Debug character select name was "Emblem", but that has more to do with the fact that it wasn't initially decided who the clone of Marth would be.

However, that's a legitimate case of a placeholder. In this particular case, it would be using one label (Chorus Men) while something completely different was used (Marshal).
It would be like if the Debug character select name for Roy was "Leaf", which would be a mislead.

Shroob

Sup?
No.
His Debug character select name was "Emblem", but that has more to do with the fact that it wasn't initially decided who the clone of Marth would be.

However, that's a legitimate case of a placeholder. In this particular case, it would be using one label (Chorus Men) while something completely different was used (Marshal).
It would be like if the Debug character select name for Roy was "Leaf", which would be a mislead.
Well, we'll have to see what happens in this case. I can't see Sakurai claim to have issues with a duo character, Ice Climbers, and then go ahead and put in a trio character, but we'll see.

Regardless, I still think you'd play as the one you control.

Last edited:

Shel

Smash Cadet
There was a rumor that stated your mii would be the king mii version with a crown. Though I think the rest of the rumor was disproven by the leak as I don't think they mentioned Greninja and it was a full roster "leak".

Even though fake, it could have been on to something. You guys shouldn't let the crown throw you off too much. There are plenty of explanations.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
There was a rumor that stated your mii would be the king mii version with a crown. Though I think the rest of the rumor was disproven by the leak as I don't think they mentioned Greninja and it was a full roster "leak".

Even though fake, it could have been on to something. You guys shouldn't let the crown throw you off too much. There are plenty of explanations.
Where did you see that from?

Shel

Smash Cadet
Where did you see that from?
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-492#post-16430347
Newcomers:
+Paper Mario
+Dixie Kong
+Vaati
+Mewtwo - Will play like the Melee Mewtwo
+Bandanna Dee
+Ridley - He states he uses the Other M Design
+Black Shadow
+Palutena
+Hades
+Shulk
+Isaac
+Chibi-Robo
+Chrom
+Takamaru
+Lip
+Prince Sable
+Donbe & Hikari
+King Mii
+Pac Man

-Snake is back.
-Claims the game was originally going to have only 12 newcomers.
-Saki was considered, didn't make the cut.
-The Hyrule Castle N64 stage is coming back, to be used for Ganondorf's reveal.
-Sakurai is aware of the Palutena leak because it is real.
-Ray MK is still a AT, Sakurai stated that he was too small to be playable.
-Lucas is back.
-Sakurai hates Project M.
-Might cut Ike.

Release date: December 2014 - Q1 2015
Im inclined to believe the Sal leaks, but this one isn't bad at all. Perhaps its not a complete list?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Working on from the Sal leak and on the assumptions that only Squitle and Ivysaur are dropped, that gives us a 49 character Roster.

Things to note
*Rhythm Girl stands in for Rhythm Heaven character
* Newcomers (12 total) are in Green
* High risk Veterans are in Red

Personally I'd be very happy with that Smash Roster but I can't help at feel it may be a bit smaller.

Mad Princess

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4725-7930-2632
Working on from the Sal leak and on the assumptions that only Squitle and Ivysaur are dropped, that gives us a 49 character Roster.

Things to note
*Rhythm Girl stands in for Rhythm Heaven character
* Newcomers (12 total) are in Green
* High risk Veterans are in Red

Personally I'd be very happy with that Smash Roster but I can't help at feel it may be a bit smaller.
I think Jigglypuff will be in the game for sure, and I hope no one is cut, even Squirtle and Ivysaur, but that's unlikely. Just please Sakurai, don't cut Ike!

And I'd love Marshal or anyone from Rhythm Heaven!

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I find the lack of Pac-Man in this leaked roster disturbing, given how we have a Galaga Namco Assist trophy. Again, I call bull.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I find the lack of Pac-Man in this leaked roster disturbing, given how we have a Galaga Namco Assist trophy. Again, I call bull.
....?

If you're refering to the second part of the Gematsu leaks...the leaker was just revealing other characters that weren't leaked/announced.

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
However, transformation is what the 3DS is better at than the Wii U. Having less polygons, smaller textures and a fast card it's put on, it will load much quicker than Wii U with lots of polygon, high res textures and being put on a disk.

My guess is that mid-match transformation was removed due to the Wii U. However, transformations remains in Final Smashes.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I think Jigglypuff will be in the game for sure, and I hope no one is cut, even Squirtle and Ivysaur, but that's unlikely. Just please Sakurai, don't cut Ike!

And I'd love Marshal or anyone from Rhythm Heaven!
For me it's different. I'd be really glad if they'd cut some veterans to have more newcomers. Especially Brawl's Newcomers. I feel like Smash should feel more fresh again, since Melee and Brawl were very similar rosterwise. But I might be pretty alone with this opinion. Also, I think Jiggypuff has a good chance beeing cut. He really isn't current anymore and everybody seems to hate him or don't care about him anyway.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
What are you talking about? Sonic is famous! He's that blue thing from that one Progressive commercial and Wreck-it-Ralph right? :troll:

Why is all this Sonic and Pac-Man chatter going on in the leaks thread anyway?

So I hear that the same guy who made up that E3 leak made another leak before the direct, and apparently he got Greninja right. Sounds like a load of bull to me, he already didn't have much credibility before, even if he got the Wii Fit Trainer, he called Villager "Animal Crossing Guy," someone with inside information would have the exact name. And he didn't even get Greninja, he just said "X/Y Pokemon," that's so incredibly vague that it's astounding that people actually believe this. This guy is completely screwing with everyone and people are just falling right into it. Any other leak that gets a single bit of information wrong would be marked off as fake in an instant, yet this guy keeps going even though he's been wrong on multiple occasions simply because he had the Wii Fit Trainer. I know R.O.B. happened before guys, but lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice, or so the saying goes. Don't just blindly follow something until you have direct proof, so to speak.
I kinda said it would be better of to reveal Ridley, Chrom/Lucina, or Palentuna at E3 instead of the Mii, but somehow Pac-Man got thrown in there.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now that I think about it... I want DLC's, I need more characters :(
True, I'd buy a Missing Pokemon Pack in a heartbeat. Wonder how Ivysaur would work when Tethers seem to be on the out.

Mad Princess

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4725-7930-2632
For me it's different. I'd be really glad if they'd cut some veterans to have more newcomers. I feel like Smash should feel more fresh again, since Melee and Brawl were very similar rosterwise. But I might be pretty alone with this opinion. Also, I think Jiggypuff has a good chance beeing cut. He really isn't current anymore and everybody seems to hate him or don't care about him anyway.
I understand your point. But I just don't want some veterans to be cut because I hope that they rework some of the clones like Ganon, then they would be kinda like newcomers, don't you think?

Anyway, I don't really care about Jiggly or Wolf, tbh, but I just don't see them being cut.
Now that I think about it... I want DLC's, I need more characters :(
As long as they're free :p

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Nothing much new exactly with the exception of Sal Romano's tipper claims.

What is your opinion of the claims by the way?
If the Chorus Men (or Marshal) ends up being a character, this leak may indeed be true. None of the other characters supposedly leaked would necessarily give more credit to the leak as they are all believable. If the Chorus Men, in some form or another, doesn't end up as playable, then this supposed leak is fake, period.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
This doesn't even make sense, let alone disprove the leak. Like it or not, a good portion of his leak has come true, not to mention that he nailed Wii Fit Trainer and Villager. Nothing you've said (or tried to say) above casts him in a particularly bad light - it's perfectly believable that a scheduled release for E3 can be postponed in favour of something different. Quit acting like this is the most unbelievable, outlandish leak you've seen. What proof do you have he's unreliable in the slightest? There's more going for him than against.
I never said that could happen. But with any leak you can do that, and, eh, what do you know, every single leak is alive again. [But really, a big chunk would be revived.] He's been protected for one reason only: He got Wii Fit Trainer. If it weren't for that, we wouldn't believe this leak like crazy. [or, you guys] You've got nothing to lose, and tons of smash fans were speculating. One guessing Wii Fit Trainer and "Animal Crossing Guy" can happen. The other 4 were pretty likely or requested to begin with. Somebody has to win the lottery, and anybody could lie and say they have a source. And if his source was anonymous, why choose that one guy? And you are being hypothetical, which when staying to the facts, you can't really do. You have to deal with leaks carefully.

Also, the chances of Jigglypuff being cut are little to none. She has plenty of fans, and she's a 64 vet. No way in hell is she at high risk.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
-Ray MK is still a AT, Sakurai stated that he was too small to be playable.

Sakurai says Ray MK is too small to be playable but he puts a character who is the size of a quarter on the roster? Sakurai logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom