• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If we don't get Snake at next E3, does anyone think his time is done?

Sonic got a trailer, and E3 would be the last chance to show off a trailer.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice

Yeah I would have to say his chance would be gone as I'm sure E3 will be the final hype for Smash before the 3DS release.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

I would say it's more than likely if he's not at e3 or revealed in a direct. I'm sure all third parties will be revealed during release for promotion. It's possibly he could still be in given that scenario though.

Can I get a link to the Sal leak? or Just a repost of it. I missed it.....
Wow I like your Icon. And I made a thread about the entirety of it on gamefaqs. Don't read the replies it gets messy
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68997802
http://gematsu.com/tag/super-smash-bros
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66442330 (CAW Evolution Synopsis)
EDIT: Sorry for the double post whoever corrected that, sometimes I send stuff too quickly.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Wow I like your Icon. And I made a thread about the entirety of it on gamefaqs. Don't read the replies it gets messy
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68997802
http://gematsu.com/tag/super-smash-bros
Thank you very much for the links! Ya I photoshopped the picture myself. It came out pretty cool. :)

Hmmm his track record is pretty good. If and when Shulk is revealed I will pretty much believe these leaks. If anyone is a longshot it is Shulk (and I guess the rhythm heaven stuff).

Until then skepticism is best and always is.

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman

I don't think anyone is sure anymore. But for me, E3 is the last stand (What I'm waiting for is Pac Man and Mii being announced then the screen cuts to black with David Hayter's iconic voice stating "Kept you waiting, huh?", Snake's victory theme plays, and footage starts with Snake owning everyone. That's my pipe dream of course)

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
Little picture on 4chan I found, don't worry sfw.

Are you guys forgetting that ridley was in the "leaked sheets" for super smash bros 4's character list? He's in dont worry, sakurai is just trying to rustle everyones jimmies at the moment.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Are you guys forgetting that ridley was in the "leaked sheets" for super smash bros 4's character list? He's in dont worry, sakurai is just trying to rustle everyones jimmies at the moment.
those were fake.

not that im convinced ridleys out, but those were totally fake.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I lost track of the leaks. Can you mind post me the summary of RosalinaX's leak. I recalled that we're already discussed about him, and people believed that he was attention seeker or something like that, right?
Basically, the site admin/owner of a Mario Kart fansite said that there would be 48 characters total, with 4 cuts.

Funny, after the Direct, we no longer have to debate whether any given leaker is referring to 48 characters counting or not counting transformations, since there are none anymore.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
What are the "leaked sheets?" I never heard of those.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Have any other major leaks come up or are we still on Choir Boy?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Funny, after the Direct, we no longer have to debate whether any given leaker is referring to 48 characters counting or not counting transformations, since there are none anymore.
I think this is why I've gone from being a "40 character roster MAYBE 45 if we're lucky" believer, into a "48-50 character roster" believer after the direct.

counting Sheik and ZSS AND Charizard as seperate characters this time, means Brawl was definitely a 39 character roster and so going from that to 48-50 seems likely to me now.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
What's the possibility of Sal's tipper getting ahold of some special info before E3 (maybe a stage manager for the showfloor or something) and then making this up before the direct? I believe it's real. But I also am shocked he hasn't said anything about Mewtwo or even Ridley (less him) after the direct tease. With leaks with less credibility, I'd be less "harsh" on the leak. But since this seems like our "ChaosZero" leak for Smash 4, I want to look for ways to 100% confirm it befoe we run with it

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Or we get to play as this Ridley:

:troll:
You know what? I would be okay with that at this point. If Ridley isn't in it's probably because Sakurai doesn't see him as a playable character, and "Classic Ridley" is better then no Ridley. Besides, we would finally have a retro rep!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm merely pointing out your blatantly false statement.
How is it blatantly false? Earthbound didn't sell for CRAP in the states, and as I understand, it wasn't a massive success in Japan where it was titled "Mother", either.

"Mother 3:Butaō no Saigo" never even made it to market in Japan, ergo EB64 was in absolutely NO danger of being released in the states, ergo I stand by my statement that Earthbound was, at the time, basically dead and buried (and no, a release on the virtual console doesn't classify as a "rebirth").

Despite the fact that there would be no new EB game released in the US in the foreseeable future (or possibly ever), Ness was included in SSB64 BECAUSE SAKURAI WANTED HIM THERE, despite the fact that Lucas starred in Mother 3 which was eventually released in Japan only.

In summary, popularity and sales have little correlation to a character's inclusion in SSB, hence why the argument of "Rhythm Heaven wasn't even popular!" is in fact horribly wrong.

The end.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
What's the possibility of Sal's tipper getting ahold of some special info before E3 (maybe a stage manager for the showfloor or something) and then making this up before the direct? I believe it's real. But I also am shocked he hasn't said anything about Mewtwo or even Ridley (less him) after the direct tease. With leaks with less credibility, I'd be less "harsh" on the leak. But since this seems like our "ChaosZero" leak for Smash 4, I want to look for ways to 100% confirm it befoe we run with it
He just hasn't. From what Sal has said, he'll get an email and that's it. I think someone said that the guy is apparently very busy and doesn't have time to answer questions (from Sal anyways) or give more information than the newcomers. He just sends an email, and that's the end of it. Some people think that he had E3 information and nothing else, and it's possible. If it is fake, the guy did his research.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
It's really strange. All of a sudden I realize that the "last few months before release" that most brawl leaks were seen in is suddenly upon us, and with the release date around the corner for the 3ds, it's really only a small matter of time before there aren't any more roster leaks. (We'll probably still have some dlc and stage "leaks" for the Wii U, however.)

I don't think anyone is sure anymore. But for me, E3 is the last stand (What I'm waiting for is Pac Man and Mii being announced then the screen cuts to black with David Hayter's iconic voice stating "Kept you waiting, huh?", Snake's victory theme plays, and footage starts with Snake owning everyone. That's my pipe dream of course)
I'd like to see third parties and Mario fighting it out and Mario suddenly realize that he's been attached with C4. Once he explodes, Old snake

Starts playing.
The rest of the trailer is Old Snake slowly hobbling about and attacking between coughing fits :troll:
(in all seriousness, Snake is the absolute top of my most wanted list right now.)

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
It's really strange. All of a sudden we realize that the "last few months before release" that most brawl leaks were seen in is suddenly upon us, and with the release date around the corner for the 3ds, it's really only a small matter of time before there aren't any more roster leaks. (We'll probably still have some dlc and stage "leaks" for the Wii U, however.)

I'd like to see third parties and Mario fighting it out and Mario suddenly realize that he's been attached with C4. Once he explodes, Old snake
[collapse[
[/collapses]
Starts playing.
The rest of the trailer is Old Snake slowly hobbling about and attacking between coughing fits :troll:
(in all seriousness, Snake is the absolute top of my most wanted list right now.)
Smash brothers has changed. It's no longer about Mario, Pokemon or Zelda. It's an endless series of roster battles, fought by gamefaqs and casuals.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
How is it blatantly false? Earthbound didn't sell for CRAP in the states, and as I understand, it wasn't a massive success in Japan where it was titled "Mother", either.

"Mother 3:Butaō no Saigo" never even made it to market in Japan, ergo EB64 was in absolutely NO danger of being released in the states, ergo I stand by my statement that Earthbound was, at the time, basically dead and buried (and no, a release on the virtual console doesn't classify as a "rebirth").

Despite the fact that there would be no new EB game released in the US in the foreseeable future (or possibly ever), Ness was included in SSB64 BECAUSE SAKURAI WANTED HIM THERE, despite the fact that Lucas starred in Mother 3 which was eventually released in Japan only.

In summary, popularity and sales have little correlation to a character's inclusion in SSB, hence why the argument of "Rhythm Heaven wasn't even popular!" is in fact horribly wrong.

The end.
You just showed you were straw manning my argument at least. I KNOW where this guy came from and I don't think he qualifies as a character. Let's take that damn popularity or relevance thing out of the equation. Can the thing fight? No. Does it represent the series it comes from besides being on the box? No. Does it offer anything that can't be placed into an AT role? No. So Sakurai is telling me that Villager was originally deconfirmed for reasons that apply even more so to this character? The whole situation is a complete joke. But at this point I think I'll just take the route my friend texted me when I told him the possible news - "Whatever. It has Mega Man. That's all I care about."

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

The end.
Sales =/= dead franchise. A dead franchise doesn't make any more games, EarthBound 64 was still a sequel in development when SSB64 came out.

The N64 game was canceled, yes, after SSB64 came out. Ness was already in Smash before that happened. Also, the Virtual Console didn't even exist back then. EarthBound is dead now, it wasn't dead back then, when Ness got in. They couldn't bloody well predict if the game would end up on a Virtual Console that hadn't even been thought up yet over a decade later.

"Despite the fact that there would be no new EB game" You mean EarthBound 64? Which was still being advertised by the time Ness got in? SSB64 came out in 1999, EB64 had a planned release of 2000. It had a playable demo at Spaceworld in 1999, the year SSB came out and was not confirmed canceled until 2000. And yes, it was planned to come to the US as well.

Sales has nothing to do with this, Rhythm Heaven doesn't either. The facts are that Ness got in while his series was still well and alive.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Ah, got it. Otherwise, there's nothing to really grant that guy credibility, other than what some people in this thread have said about him being "the owner of the Mario Kart equivalent of Smashboards." Which could be something, but I'd not put faith in it yet at all.
also even if he did get a tip, his tipper could always be wrong/etc.

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
:mewtwomelee:"most popular character, never played as"
:jigglypuff:"fan favorite, everyone tells him to get out and never uses him."
:snake:"I love the taunt easter eggs"
:squirtle:"I just died with charizard, just let me switch."
:falco:"the only real clone that got in brawl."
:wolf:"sakurai tried to not make him a clone, he failed."
:falcon:"only used to falcon punch and make show me your move jokes"
:ivysaur:"Almost to charizard one more."
:ganondorf:"Y no u use sword"
:sonic:"You're too fast and too op!"
:warioc:"brawl games on motor cycles."
:toonlink:"Using pogo stick to your death."
:lucario:"Omg he has a round sphere like mewtwo! he has the same moves as mewtwo! you replaced him!"
:yoshi2:"Accidentally rolling off stage with egg."
:bowser2:"Suicide grab."
:dedede:"Big gay dance."
:diddy:"face molesting jockey monkey."
:dk2:"You only use him for his OOWOOOUU? taunt."
:popo:"Sexest."
:ike:"I used my recovery, and still died."
:kirby2:"Sucking in your opponents just because the hat looks nice."
:link2:"Getting sick of pogo sticking to death."
:lucas:"Better version."
:ness2:"fanboy version."
:luigi2:"The negative zone."
:mario2:"This is my first time playing."
:marth:"Close enough to roy."
:metaknight:"HEYEHEYHEYHEEYHAH."
:gw:"Jerking off in public."
:olimar:"just keep throwing pikmin at them."
:peach:"hey i just met you, and this is crazy, but i changed my texture, and now im daizy!"
:pikachu2:"*thunderbolt*"
:pit:"unlimited flying."
:pt:"your barrier between charizard."
:rob:"Retro."
:samus2:"Take your amour off already."
:sheik:"Wait that 3 painful seconds for max results."
:zelda:"Spam (????) Winds."
:zerosuitsamus:"Bewbies."
:drmario:"He just looks and is cooler."
:linkmelee:"Fire arrows."
:pichumelee:"Self destructing pikachu."
:roymelee:"The cooler version of marth that was directed by micheal bay."

D

Deleted member

:mewtwomelee:"most popular character, never played as"
:jigglypuff:"fan favorite, everyone tells him to get out and never uses him."
:snake:"I love the taunt easter eggs"
:squirtle:"I just died with charizard, just let me switch."
:falco:"the only real clone that got in brawl."
:wolf:"sakurai tried to not make him a clone, he failed."
:falcon:"only used to falcon punch and make show me your move jokes"
:ivysaur:"Almost to charizard one more."
:ganondorf:"Y no u use sword"
:sonic:"You're too fast and too op!"
:warioc:"brawl games on motor cycles."
:toonlink:"Using pogo stick to your death."
:lucario:"Omg he has a round sphere like mewtwo! he has the same moves as mewtwo! you replaced him!"
:yoshi2:"Accidentally rolling off stage with egg."
:bowser2:"Suicide grab."
:dedede:"Big gay dance."
:diddy:"face molesting jockey monkey."
:dk2:"You only use him for his OOWOOOUU? taunt."
:popo:"Sexest."
:ike:"I used my recovery, and still died."
:kirby2:"Sucking in your opponents just because the hat looks nice."
:link2:"Getting sick of pogo sticking to death."
:lucas:"Better version."
:ness2:"fanboy version."
:luigi2:"The negative zone."
:mario2:"This is my first time playing."
:marth:"Close enough to roy."
:metaknight:"HEYEHEYHEYHEEYHAH."
:gw:"Jerking off in public."
:olimar:"just keep throwing pikmin at them."
:peach:"hey i just met you, and this is crazy, but i changed my texture, and now im daizy!"
:pikachu2:"*thunderbolt*"
:pit:"unlimited flying."
:pt:"your barrier between charizard."
:rob:"Retro."
:samus2:"Take your amour off already."
:sheik:"Wait that 3 painful seconds for max results."
:zelda:"Spam (????) Winds."
:zerosuitsamus:"Bewbies."
:drmario:"He just looks and is cooler."
:linkmelee:"Fire arrows."
:pichumelee:"Self destructing pikachu."
:roymelee:"The cooler version of marth that was directed by micheal bay."
Am I in a character discussion thread or something?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Am I in a character discussion thread or something?
This thread has been off topic as all hell and even the mods aren't doing anything. I guess it'll die down soon, just leftover craze from that direct.

I have to admit though, I ****ing lost it at: :roymelee:"The cooler version of marth that was directed by micheal bay."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom