• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
That makes me even more confident that it's Mewtwo. It would make a fair amount of sense that Mewtwo wouldn't be grouped in with the other newcomers his source knows about, since he's a veteran.
Wasn't the MK8 leak proven false? Anyways, Sal's source missed Rosalina, and so even if accurate I highly doubt that Sal's source has given us every character which will appear in SSB4.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Wait.. So why do people think the trophy theory seems legit?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wasn't the MK8 leak proven false? Anyways, Sal's source missed Rosalina, and so even if accurate I highly doubt that Sal's source has given us every character which will appear in SSB4.
Sal's source missed Rosalina and all of the new ones (Palutena, Chorus Men, etc.) in his first batch of info, then didn't include her or the other four confirmed ones in his second batch of info. That checks out with me. Last I heard, the MK8 leak was on ambiguous ground; apparently, the guy made some claim about drifting or some driving mechanic where, based on what we see in trailers, his accuracy or lack thereof isn't quite clear yet. If he's right, we have just one character left. If not, then we have no idea how many are left.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Sal's source missed Rosalina and all of the new ones (Palutena, Chorus Men, etc.) in his first batch of info, then didn't include her or the other four confirmed ones in his second batch of info. That checks out with me. Last I heard, the MK8 leak was on ambiguous ground; apparently, the guy made some claim about drifting or some driving mechanic where, based on what we see in trailers, his accuracy or lack thereof isn't quite clear yet. If he's right, we have just one character left. If not, then we have no idea how many are left.
People in that MK8 thread were claiming that inside drift does not exist in MK8 as currently portrayed.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
People in that MK8 thread were claiming that inside drift does not exist in MK8 as currently portrayed.
They came to the conclusion that the new drift is a hybrid of inside and outside drift, which checks out to me because the guy said that inside drift was being tweaked. That, and we don't know which karts have the drift and which don't. I'd rather wait until MK8 to call it completely wrong.

Espio264

Smash Ace

Not sure if this has been pointed out, but is that Snake behind the boxing ring?
This is definitely the best picture to hide Snake in. If you hadn't pointed that out, I would have never noticed it. I would have never made it past the big... gun.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
That makes me even more confident that it's Mewtwo. It would make a fair amount of sense that Mewtwo wouldn't be grouped in with the other newcomers his source knows about, since he's a veteran.
Exactly. Plus Charizard wasn't part of the leak even tho he's "new" he's also a veteran. probably the same situation with mewtwo, he's a veteran even if he's an odd circumstance

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Sal leaks have been wrong too often. If you sticked to the facts instead of this "Sal's the 3rd hand leaker" "His source doesn't have all the info and Sal just made it seem like that was the full roster [referring to Rosalina]" "The source got confused behind the scenes and thought Mii, Pac-man, and Little Mac where going to be announced at E3" BS you would have to count it as fake. This is getting ridiculous.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
They came to the conclusion that the new drift is a hybrid of inside and outside drift, which checks out to me because the guy said that inside drift was being tweaked. That, and we don't know which karts have the drift and which don't. I'd rather wait until MK8 to call it completely wrong.
and this is why im still playing the 48 spots 4 cuts game, "inside drifting being tweaked" is tough to know until people play the game, even if it apears to be gone from video footage, could still be considered "tweaked" because of this hybrid drifting

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
You do know that Ness was put in SSB64 merely a few years after his game came out and while a sequel was in development for the N64, right?

You do know that your ignorance towards a character doesn't mean anything either, right? I had no idea who the bloody hell Mega Man was until around Brawl.
You might want to go back and check on the context of this discussion.

I was arguing that Ness wasn't very popular because EB was almost completely unknown, yet he was still included in SSB64 because Sakurai wanted him in, which is the same reason ANY character gets into SSB.

So again, a character being unknown isn't at all a logical reason for their exclusion from SSB, not as far as Sakurai is concerned, at any rate.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One of my thoughts why there are gaps in characters (versus an outright leak of the roster) and vagueness on certain character's titles whomever this leaker is might be, or knows someone, playing different test builds of the game.

Another credible user on NeoGAF, who's part of the SSB4 community, said his buddy played a test build around the time of E3 last year. Granted, his friend wouldn't give him any major information (because he is smart) other than a few minor tidbits, but the possibility is there that the original leak may have originated from a test build that existed at that time.

Considering what little I know about test builds from Brawl and where the game is at development now, no one is likely playing with the full roster; so the idea there are more newcomers under the radar is not too far fetched. The only question then becomes the overall size of the roster itself, and obviously whether these leaks are valid to begin with.

Last edited:

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
Wait.. So why do people think the trophy theory seems legit?
It's not legit at all, but it's the easiest thing most people can assume means something. However there are far better clues than that to look at such as the assist trophies and items for not yet revealed veterans like:

Samurai Goroh AT - Captain Falcon returns
Mr. Saturn item - Ness returns maybe even Lucas but I doubt there will be 2 unlockable Earthbound/Mother characters
The Polar Bear AT or Stage Harzard - Ice Climbers return
Ashley and Waluigi having Wario's emblem - Wario returns
A Mii in the cage on the Find Mii stage - Possible Mii as a Newcomer
Trolling Palutena again - Possible Palutena as a Newcomer

There were some others but the Trophy thing doesn't make sense for all of them. It makes more sense for it being another way Sakurai can troll Palutena but that's it.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
and this is why im still playing the 48 spots 4 cuts game, "inside drifting being tweaked" is tough to know until people play the game, even if it apears to be gone from video footage, could still be considered "tweaked" because of this hybrid drifting
Both of these rumors are things that could easily be predicted or guessed. Maybe I'm biased because I'm afraid of Ike being one of the cuts, but I don't want to believe this until I know for a fact it's true.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ah, got it. Otherwise, there's nothing to really grant that guy credibility, other than what some people in this thread have said about him being "the owner of the Mario Kart equivalent of Smashboards." Which could be something, but I'd not put faith in it yet at all.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Ah, got it. Otherwise, there's nothing to really grant that guy credibility, other than what some people in this thread have said about him being "the owner of the Mario Kart equivalent of Smashboards." Which could be something, but I'd not put faith in it yet at all.
right. he's credible just because of who he is and the fact that he wouldnt lie, BUT he is getting info from someone else sooo THAT person could be lying... we are basing this on the fact that a reliable guy (not some anonymous " i made this account to leak stuff"), a site owner/administrator is the one trusting someone elses info for what we assume is a good reason.

but nothing proving it and something "sort of" disproving it (no more inside drift) even tho "tweaking" that could mean its removal or incorporated into just one type of drift or something, its hard to say here.

anyway 48 characters and 4 cuts sounds reasonable so i'm working with it just in case, but its by no means an ultra credible leak like we are treating Sal's info.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Sorry if I'm a bit behind, but what's the Sal leak?
Is the one that claimed Villager, WFT, Mega Man, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii. Now he recieve another piece of information with more characters from the same source, the characters are: Chrom, Palutena, Shulk, Chorus Men (I believe is Marshal from Rhythm Heaven) and finally a Pokemon from X / Y (He did get right Greninja) all of this before the Smash Bros Direct.
.n_n.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think he's missing two characters as well. If I had to place my bet on any characters, it would be Dixie and Mewtwo. Tingle, Ridley, Taka, and K Rool could replace them though.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
Seeing the general consensus if that the character's Sal leaked are most likely included in the game, I honestly can't complain even though I still would want more characters in. The newcomers as of now is a lot better than I expected and I am still getting Palutena, Chrom, and Shulk as characters I would've loved in the game.

Even though I am somewhat "meh" on Mii and the Chorus Men, I think asking for more characters I want (Takamaru, Isaac, etc.) is being a little greedy at this point. With that said, we cannot rule out the possibility of there being more characters that weren't mentioned.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
The thing that gets me most is that ever since the Direct, we've had next to no good leaks at all. They're all horrendous and obviously fake, except the Sal one, which is why we're still discussing it. Sakurai killed the leak trends with his randomness, and I think that's pretty awesome, but also having the effect of causing this thread to grasp at straws.

Speculation is fun though, and I really like some of these rosters you guys are creating. I think we're getting closer and closer to narrowing in on the final choices. It's going to be incredibly interesting to see what characters are actually in the game come summer.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
How much do we beleive Sal Romano? Like is he known for leaking false information, or relaying leaks filled with false information?

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I was guessing him and Ridley, to be honest. (One of) the biggest newcomers and veterans in one show? The bloody internet'll explode.
Last Direct was towards the younger audience and hardcore pokemon fans for the Greninja reveal.

I can see the E3 reveal now...

Chrom, Mewtwo and Ridley (hopefully)

Win back the hardcore, Metroid and long-time Pokemon gamers. This will be the day the internet just explodes.

I will make a shrine to Sakurai in my closet if this happens, I'll even post it here (All I want is Ridley and he will get a shrine).

Last edited:

jimbozo

Smash Cadet
what if mewtwo gets scrapped! but a grass starter get announced! think about it, we got a fire starter and a water starter already. all we're missing is that sceptile!

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I lost track of the leaks. Can you mind post me the summary of RosalinaX's leak. I recalled that we're already discussed about him, and people believed that he was attention seeker or something like that, right?

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Sal leaks have been wrong too often. If you sticked to the facts instead of this "Sal's the 3rd hand leaker" "His source doesn't have all the info and Sal just made it seem like that was the full roster [referring to Rosalina]" "The source got confused behind the scenes and thought Mii, Pac-man, and Little Mac where going to be announced at E3" BS you would have to count it as fake. This is getting ridiculous.
This doesn't even make sense, let alone disprove the leak. Like it or not, a good portion of his leak has come true, not to mention that he nailed Wii Fit Trainer and Villager. Nothing you've said (or tried to say) above casts him in a particularly bad light - it's perfectly believable that a scheduled release for E3 can be postponed in favour of something different. Quit acting like this is the most unbelievable, outlandish leak you've seen. What proof do you have he's unreliable in the slightest? There's more going for him than against.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
The thing that gets me most is that ever since the Direct, we've had next to no good leaks at all. They're all horrendous and obviously fake, except the Sal one, which is why we're still discussing it. Sakurai killed the leak trends with his randomness, and I think that's pretty awesome, but also having the effect of causing this thread to grasp at straws.

Speculation is fun though, and I really like some of these rosters you guys are creating. I think we're getting closer and closer to narrowing in on the final choices. It's going to be incredibly interesting to see what characters are actually in the game come summer.
I honestly feel like we probably GOT the roster already...as in one of these guess rosters people are making, one of em is it, it's just we dont know which one...

is it:

1.some 50 character roster with sals leak and a few more characters, possiblly a character for each series that got a trophy shown in the direct?

2.a pure brawl roster + sals leak?

3.a roster with 48 spots and 4 cuts with sals leaks plus one more character?

4.or some combination of all of these like my "mii's dont count, they are more like the random button" roster where we get sals leak plus mewtwo and ridley and it equals 48...

I just feel like some where in all this is the roster, a bit more info and we can nail it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom