• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey, long time viewer of Smash Boards, first time poster.
Just going to pass along some information, after playing a demo of Smash Bros.

The demo didn't have all the characters couldn't play as Rosalina or Lucario it was very confined and limited, the reps reassured me that it was a very small sample of the game.

I played as Mega Man against my brother who was Villager on 3DS's.
Mega Man's final smash uses Rush Armor Upgrade, Villager uses bee's.
We used a couple of assist trophies during the match, Waluigi and Skull Kid.
Waluigi does pretty much the same thing as he did in brawl, and Skull Kid is basically Snorlax with a moon.
At the end of the session, other people playing the demo said they got Paletuna as an assist trophy, but I never saw her.

Sorry was planning on taking a few pictures, but they had a no picture policy, they asked everyone to either put their cell phones to the side of the room on the window ledge, or keep them in our pockets. One guy took his phone out and tried to take a picture and they weren't rude or anything to him but they got kinda up close to him and quickly said "hey no pictures", and they quickly made him show he hadn't taken a picture yet and had to put his phone on the ledge.
Where's the evidence to back up your claims? I could easily say I've played a demo of Smash Bros. too. Where's your proof?

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

The demo didn't have all the characters couldn't play as Rosalina or Lucario it was very confined and limited, the reps reassured me that it was a very small sample of the game.

Waluigi does pretty much the same thing as he did in brawl, and Skull Kid is basically Snorlax with a moon.
At the end of the session, other people playing the demo said they got Paletuna as an assist trophy, but I never saw her.

Sorry was planning on taking a few pictures, but they had a no picture policy, they asked everyone to either put their cell phones to the side of the room on the window ledge, or keep them in our pockets. One guy took his phone out and tried to take a picture and they weren't rude or anything to him but they got kinda up close to him and quickly said "hey no pictures", and they quickly made him show he hadn't taken a picture yet and had to put his phone on the ledge.
Why did they pick you to play the game? Why did you play the game? What connection do you have with Nintendo?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm not really here for Palutena.

Would rather have anyone else in the game.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
The launch of the next Pokémon movie makes sense though.
Which is probably when Mewtwo gets revealed (he's in the next movie although I don't think he'll have a big role in it unlike in the previous movie, so that can ruin his chances of making it in), Pac-man is most likely the E3 reveal, since Nintendo and Namco-Bandai would want to save their best for the main event finale.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Which is probably when Mewtwo gets revealed (he's in the next movie although I don't think he'll have a big role in it unlike in the previous movie, so that can ruin his chances of making it in), Pac-man is most likely the E3 reveal, since Nintendo and Namco-Bandai would want to save their best for the main event finale.
Yeah, my E3 predictions are we get Mewtwo, the rest of the original 12, Snake, Pac-Man, Miis, and another newcomer (either K. Rool, Palutena, Chrom, or Ridley is my guess for that). Oh, and probably a few more veterans who were in Brawl (and possibly Melee) as well, namely like Wario, Mr. G&W, Falco, Ganondorf, Sheik, Meta Knight, Zero Suit Samus, etc.

Also, next time I make a character leak, I will be sure to use your logic against you. :p

(just kidding... hopefully) :smirk:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Yes, Lupinko leaked the MvC3, UMvC3, and MK (2011) roster. What he did in relation to Smash was he backed Sal up on the roster prediction claim. Maybe they got word from someone at E3 (maybe GameSpot or IGN) who got word from someone at Nintendo as to what was going to be shown. These things happen, which is why it's good we have quite a few Smash Boards users going to E3 this year to hopefully get us some leaks! :smirk:
Did he? I haven't heard much from Lupinko since he leaked out the characters within UMvC3 way back in 2011. Perhaps, he may know a bit of Smash Bros details?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Did he? I haven't heard much from Lupinko since he leaked out the characters within UMvC3 way back in 2011. Perhaps, he may know a bit of Smash Bros details?
He "back" him up, which means he's vouching for him.

Whether or not he knows anything means nothing.

Also, I'm not too sure about the MvC3/MK leak details, but I do specifically remember him leaking UMvC3 (because we all knew that game was coming, and that MvC3 wasn't worth getting because of it).

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Hey, guys. I don't know if you heard this one before but, Ridley and Samurai Goroh were supposed to make their debut in Melee.

Ridley, if you look at him in the intro, he has no tail. Ridley's tail is one of his most notable features... Due, to technological complications of Ridley's tail and time constraints, he was cut.

Samurai Goroh I haven't heard much about but the Ridley one brewed a storm in the Melee years.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Bees. :laugh: We'll see.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Man, Palutena as an Assist Trophy would disappoint a lot of people. I loved the idea of Mega Man's Final Smash, though. I used to love using the Rush Armor in Mega Man 6 and 7 back in the day. Villager using bees would be amazing too. :laugh:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I doubt Monster Hunter is getting a character... we already have Mega Man as a Capcom rep.
Yes, that is true. However, note how Nintendo and Capcom have a sort of "deal" with Monster Hunter 4. Remember how they have that Zelda DLC costume with the Hylian Shield and Master Sword? And I know they had something with Roy as a costume in Monster Hunter Frontier G - correct me if I'm wrong.

Gaxel

Smash Ace

That glowing red light in that hole created by Ridley in Pyrosphere...

Is that his eye? Please, Nooooooo.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Yes, that is true. However, note how Nintendo and Capcom have a sort of "deal" with Monster Hunter 4. Remember how they have that Zelda DLC costume with the Hylian Shield and Master Sword? And I know they had something with Roy as a costume in Monster Hunter Frontier G - correct me if I'm wrong.
Tekken Tag had Nintendo Costumes. Jin Kazama confirmed.

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
*Edit: I wasn't saying that we'd be seeing a Monster Hunter rep in SSB4, heh heh; I was just pointing that fact out to y'all people.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Bees. :laugh: We'll see.
Actually bees to me seem the most likely. It would be like Pit's final smash. As for Megaman. I don't see it being anything other than Megaman X. But I don't know anything about Megaman. I've only played Megaman 3.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Actually bees to me seem the most likely. It would be like Pit's final smash. As for Megaman. I don't see it being anything other than Megaman X. But I don't know anything about Megaman. I've only played Megaman 3.
Mega Man and X are completely different characters from different eras, so X being Mega Man's Final Smash would make much sense.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Mega Man and X are completely different characters from different eras, so X being Mega Man's Final Smash would make much sense.
Ah... know I see. Thanks. I didn't know that. I thought they were the same thing but just like alternate I guess. Like link and Toon Link.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Man, Palutena as an Assist Trophy would disappoint a lot of people. I loved the idea of Mega Man's Final Smash, though. I used to love using the Rush Armor in Mega Man 6 and 7 back in the day. Villager using bees would be amazing too. :laugh:
I agree about Palutena. IMO I don't think Sakurai would tease us with the images he posted after the "leak" if he didn't have something big planned for her. Not only that, doesn't anyone find it suspicious that this "leaker" posted this "information" as his first post on an account he created only hours ago? Kinda reminds me of all those fake leakers on GameFAQs who do the exact same thing.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Tekken Tag had Nintendo Costumes. Jin Kazama confirmed.
Ugh.... all the Nintendo costumes are from characters who have been playable in Smash games... and Toad got a costume and he is not in Smash? Madness.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Taking Palutena out of Pit's FS only to turn her into an AT, would be by far the most pointless thing Sakurai could ever do and it'd just be a big slap in the face.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
The only video game trailers I've ever heard of being in movie theaters were Halo 3 (I think) and MGS IV (that I'm sure of). That's it.

Also, $22.5 million is nothing (especially to Nintendo, who has probably $14 billion in cash and short-term investments and short-term receivables right now).

Here's a GTA V quote from Wikipedia on development and marketing budget(s) (click here for the link).

Roughly $265 million - Roughly $137 million = Roughly $128 million.

My source told me Smash would have a $22.5 million (or $23.5 million) budget.

If you're telling me Smash can't have a advertising/marketing budget of (roughly a little over) $100 million less than that you are a fool.

And if you don't think they wanna win, then you're just being an anti-fanboy or a troll.
A troll for seeing reality? Give me a break. There is a major software drought that was promised to not happen like 2013, 3rd parties literally don't exist on the Wii U at this point.

On top of that, will the current install base make up for the millions going into the advertising? Mario 3D World didn't even meet expectations and it was a holiday title.

There was a NeoGAF source that said they were shooting for a Spring release with this game. Though I'm sure they won't make that, to assume a 2015 delay or to assume it's not that bad, you literally cannot be saved from your foolishness.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Looking back at the stage theory... Each newcomer getting their own stage from these 12 revealed wii u stages makes a lot of sense.

Battlefield - ???
Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Skyloft - ??? (Ghirahim?)
Pyrosphere - ??? (Ridley or Anthony Higgs?)
Palutena's Temple - ??? (Palutena?)
Garden of Hope - ??? (Capt. Louie?)
Animal Crossing - Villager
Wii Fit Stage - Wii Fit Trainer
Boxing Ring - Little Mac
Windy Hill - ??? (Tails, Knuckles or Shadow?)

Dr. Wily's Castle - Mega Man
Wuhu Island - ??? (Mii?)

IT'S ALL MAKING SENSE NOW.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
The reason you can't follow the logic is because it went over your head. Heck, in the post you both jump point of veiws and have poor flow.

Why was his leak, if he had one, related to the E3 staff and not a developer working on the game. Because his information is specific to E3. If he was working on the game, his knowledge would not be consistent to E3. He, as a developer, would know all or most of the characters. So if he were to leak characters, they would be all over the place. Some would be at E3 and some wouldn't.

In your quotes, you never tried to break down my assumptions. You said I was wrong based solely on the fact that I was assuming some things. Assuming can be bad, but we are talking about a situation with few facts. So thus, we have have to assume somethings. Just saying "you can't assume," tells me you don't have a leg to stand on.
No. Theories are fine. You guys don't have any legitimate theories. Just baseless assumptions. How is the leak related only to E3 staff. Why don't you tell me how you got there. Because from where I stand it only mentions 6 characters are to debut at E3. How is that singularly related to the E3 staff? Have you never been around for E3 leaks? They don't always come from this fantastical E3 staff that you have proposed. Again, see CBOAT and Microsoft.

And anyway what is this staff? Who is on this staff? Where did you here this? Do you know the internal working of Nintendo? You know how they release trailers and videos? The process that Nintendo goes through to debut a trailer at E3? You know who see's it and who doesn't? They have a separate E3 staff that gets a separate bit of information? How far in advance is this staff informed? Who do you think made and recorded the E3 trailers?

What I'm trying to show you is that you guys are assuming a lot here. All we know is that allegedly a leaker told Sal what was planned for E3. That leak could have came from anywhere. Literally anywhere.

You don't know the inner workings at Nintendo. Just because a leak is specific to E3 you automatically assume that it could have only come from someone with knowledge limited to E3. Which makes absolutely no sense. A developer could have leaked info specifically and only for E3. You act like the lack of information is an indictment on a position held. I assure you it is not. Remember Chaos_Zero's source managed to leak only a couple of things. Does that mean that the person who leaked it had a limited position? It could mean anything! It could mean that the person wanted to limit their exposure or perhaps that person didn't want to tell Chaos Zero everything and keep some surprises for players. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. In other words, the fact that the leak was specific only to E3 is not proof that the leaker was only privy to E3 information.
That's not true at all.
I said as far as I know and you could at least have googled this. I'm trying to engage you here but if you continue to be intellectually dishonest or lazy --- whatever it is you're doing --- it's going to be hard for me to continue. I'm starting to assume that you just don't like the idea of Mii's and Pac-man. Could be wrong though!
Source please?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66442330

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995375-marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds/59785658

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/60698128?page=3

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66442330?page=16

As far as I know CAW_Evolution is the MvC3 leaker.

edit: I guess it was Lupinko who leaked mvc3. CAW apparently broke the news for a few characters. He claims to have insider information on gamefaqs and apparently is trusted by the community. My bad fellas. I'll eat crow on that.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Taking Palutena out of Pit's FS only to turn her into an AT, would be by far the most pointless thing Sakurai could ever do and it'd just be a big slap in the face.
If Palutena is promoted from Brawl to ANYTHING, it would be a character, no question. An assist trophy would probably be the worst thing that would ever happen.

By the way, when are we seeing that new Kid Icarus Wii U Stage? I'm assuming tomorrow it will be the Punch-Out!! stage, just cuz Mac, but I want to see that new KI stage!

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Has Sakurai ever mentioned anything about Assist Trophies being exclusive to a particular version? I'm just curious seeing as Skull Kid has never appeared in a handheld game before.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Looking back at the stage theory... Each newcomer getting their own stage from these 12 revealed wii u stages makes a lot of sense.

Battlefield - ???
Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Boxing Ring - Little Mac

Wuhu Island - ??? (Mii?)

Seems just about right, only replace Louie with one of the new captains from 3 (most likely Alph with Rock and Winged Pikmin in tow).

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

Battlefield - ???
Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Boxing Ring - Little Mac

Wuhu Island - ??? (Mii?)

-Battlefield is a neutral Smash stage, and wouldn't (and shouldn't) "belong" to anyone.

-Skyloft being Ghirahim's home stage makes perfect sense. Though this doesn't mean that Ghirahim's in the game; it goes without saying that with SS being the most recent console Zelda, Skyloft would be the prime pick for a Zelda stage.

-Pyrosphere is the place where Samus fought Ridley in Other M. If it's anyone's stage, it's Ridley's.

-The Garden of Hope seems to merely be Olimar's Pikmin stage. Not sure that this implies a Pikmin Newcomer (and any of the Pikmin Captains would basically be clones of Olimar anyway).

-Pretty sure Windy Hill Zone is Sonic's home stage (since it comes from Sonic Lost World). It's doubtful that they would include two Third-Parties from the same series/universe in one Smash game (not in SSB4, anyway).

-I agree with the Palutena connection, of course.

Otherwise, this Stage-Newcomer hypothesis is not entirely without merit. Again, not sure every stage shown is necessarily tied to a Newcomer.

And it would be interesting to compare the 3DS stages, to see what Newcomers could be attributed to them.

andimidna

Smash Master

Battlefield - ???
Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Boxing Ring - Little Mac

Wuhu Island - ??? (Mii?)

Battlefield - Nobody
Gateway Galaxy - Rosalina
Skyloft - ??? (Ghirahim or Impa?)
Pyrosphere - Ridley
Palutena's Temple - Palutena
Garden of Hope - Olimar
Boxing Ring x2- Little Mac
Windy Hill - Sonic
Wuhu Island - Wii Fit Trainer
Rainbow Road- Rosalina
Arena Ferox- ??? (Chrom and/or Lucina?)

Gerudo Valley- Ganondorf
Spirit Train- Toon Link
New Super Mario Bros- Mario and Luigi
Reset Bomb- Pit and Palutena

Find Mii- ??? (Mii or NONE?)
Nintendogs- Nintendog AT
City Folk- Villager

My thoughts on what the stages could mean.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'd agree with this if we had 1 game instead of 2. So far both games have clipping issues, Smash 3DS looks a year away at least, Smash Wii U still needs quite a bit of fixing up, and we've seen basically nothing of the gameplay.

It won't be in June, and if it was, we would have had it announced. Mario Kart comes out in late May. Also, what kind of genius marketer would release their 2 biggest titles on the year within a month of each other=??? That's crazy.

If hypothetically you were right, let's compare these 2 games to Brawl. That's in 4 months.

With Brawl about 3 months out (with the Japanese release), we had about 3 hours of E For All footage recorded and 1 hour of footage from 2 other conventions. We also had about 1/2 an hour of trailers and teasers released on the Dojo, and about 1/2 an hour of gameplay from E3 from everyone that isn't IGN, and from E3 on we had (exclusive or near exclusive) about 1 hour of footage from IGN. That's 6 hours of footage.

And if you doubt me on the footage, I have all of the remaining videos on a playlist on my YouTube channel. Sadly, most of said videos were taken down by Nintendo beforehand (namely from the other conventions after E For All 2007), and cannot be found anymore on the web. :(

I contributed it all on the thread @--- made that is sticky'd in the general Smash Wii U (and 3DS), and it should be there. ;)

===

Anyways, in comparison, with Smash 3DS we've seen 15 seconds of gameplay footage TOPS. With Smash Wii U we've seen around 5 minutes of gameplay.

6 hours > 5 minutes > 15 seconds. So yeah... let's not get too crazy yet.
sssshhhhhh. Just let me be optimistic :colorful:
I wish we had that much sm4sh footage, it seems to be kept a lot more under wraps then brawl was. Didn't we get some kind of 6 minute intro style video and footage of an online match on lylat cruise by the two year point? My memory of the dojo days are fuzzy.
(MKWii was released the following april after brawl, which for some countries was within a month or two of Brawl's release. Of course, the wii was in a much better financial state at that point in time, but who knows, I'm pretty sure both brawl and MKwii are some of the wii's best selling games.)

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Regarding Takamaru, I don't believe any rumour that focus excessively on his sword when describing his moveset.
Anybody who played his damn game knows that the sword is among his least used weapons. Heck, anybody who played Nintendo Land should know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom