• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes, Lupinko leaked the MvC3, UMvC3, and MK (2011) roster. What he did in relation to Smash was he backed Sal up on the roster prediction claim. Maybe they got word from someone at E3 (maybe GameSpot or IGN) who got word from someone at Nintendo as to what was going to be shown. These things happen, which is why it's good we have quite a few Smash Boards users going to E3 this year to hopefully get us some leaks! :smirk:
That's interesting, I never heard about Lupinko backing up Sal.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Maybe an OC? Like Tabuu or something completely new.
Going by 64/Melee/Brawl, the Battlefield would be the home stage of the Fighting Polygon/Wire Frame/Alloy Teams.

I'm not keen on a Smash-derived character making the roster, as that seems a bit too Fourth Wall/Meta for me. The idea of representing Smash through a Smash character is somewhat intriguing, but I'm just so unenthusiastic about it overall. Characters like Master Hand, Tabuu, or the generic Fighting teams are the only ones that I actively wouldn't want to see playable in Smash - at least, not for SSB4.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Looking back at the stage theory... Each newcomer getting their own stage from these 12 revealed wii u stages makes a lot of sense.

Battlefield - ???
Mario Galaxy - Rosalina
Skyloft - ??? (Ghirahim?)
Pyrosphere - ??? (Ridley or Anthony Higgs?)
Palutena's Temple - ??? (Palutena?)
Garden of Hope - ??? (Capt. Louie?)
Animal Crossing - Villager
Wii Fit Stage - Wii Fit Trainer
Boxing Ring - Little Mac
Windy Hill - ??? (Tails, Knuckles or Shadow?)
Dr. Wily's Castle - Mega Man
Wuhu Island - ??? (Mii?)

IT'S ALL MAKING SENSE NOW.
Battlefield- (same as it was in Melee/Brawl)
Mario Galaxy- (definitely Rosalina's home stage, Mario Kart 7 Rainbow Road looks like it'll serve as her home stage for the 3DS version)
Skyloft- (probably will serve as the primary home for Link and Zelda and possibly Ganondorf (unless Girahim shows up as a playable character out of nowhere)
Pyrosphere- (will probably serve as Samus' home stage (along with any possible newcomers, such as Ridley)
Palutena's Temple- (as of right now it'll be Pit's home stage (if Palutena becomes an unlockable, then the stage could be unlocked after unlocking her)
Garden of Hope- (will probably serve as Olimar's home stage)
Windy Hill- (Sonic is most likely going to be the only rep from Sonic and Sega as a whole, so this will replace Green Hill Zone as Sonic's home stage (remains to be seen if it's on the 3DS version, since it was also on the 3DS)
Wuhu Island- (I think this will end up as WFT's secondary home stage (along with the Mario group since this was also a stage in Mario Kart 7), since she not only reps the Wii Fit series, but also kinda counts as a Mii rep as well (since you pretty much need the Mii to play Wii Fit).

More or less, you're spot on Gaxel.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Am I still the only one that discredit any rumor/ leak the involves ridley?
I don't understand the hate. Even if he's a stage hazard, that would be the Other M cloned Ridley.

They can always make the original Ridley playable.

Going by 64/Melee/Brawl, the Battlefield would be the home stage of the Fighting Polygon/Wire Frame/Alloy Teams.

I'm not keen on a Smash-derived character making the roster, as that seems a bit too Fourth Wall/Meta for me. The idea of representing Smash through a Smash character is somewhat intriguing, but I'm just so unenthusiastic about it overall. Characters like Master Hand, Tabuu, or the generic Fighting teams are the only ones that I actively wouldn't want to see playable in Smash - at least, not for SSB4.
Agreed.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Am I still the only one that discredit any rumor/ leak the involves ridley?
Why would you? There's no way to know yet whether or not he will be in - there's no definitive reason he COULDN'T be in, so don't count him out yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe an OC? Like Tabuu or something completely new.
I started a thread for Tabuu in Smash 4. I got a lotta "hell naw"s for my trouble.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I can't believe people don't think Ridley will be playable just because of the Pyrosphere hazard thing. They can just pull a Toon Link/Alfonzo. When you play as Ridley on Pyrosphere, some other enemy takes his place as the stage hazard. But if no one's playing as Ridley, then he's the hazard.

I think that the "enemy from Samus' past" quote was just a way to mess with us into thinking Ridley's only a stage hazard.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just remembered, that rumour that said Little Mac was a Captain Falcon clone? We can call it dead and spit on its grave.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
He "back" him up, which means he's vouching for him.

Whether or not he knows anything means nothing.

Also, I'm not too sure about the MvC3/MK leak details, but I do specifically remember him leaking UMvC3 (because we all knew that game was coming, and that MvC3 wasn't worth getting because of it).
He leaked MvC3 as well as Ultimate because he made fun of people hoping for Mega Man in MvC3. He tweeted "Living on a Prayer" in dedication to Mega Man fans. I remember it well because it pissed me off immensely.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe people don't think Ridley will be playable just because of the Pyrosphere hazard thing. They can just pull a Toon Link/Alfonzo. When you play as Ridley on Pyrosphere, some other enemy takes his place as the stage hazard. But if no one's playing as Ridley, then he's the hazard.

I think that the "enemy from Samus' past" quote was just a way to mess with us into thinking Ridley's only a stage hazard.
This pretty much. He could always be replaced with Meta Ridley or the Clone/Actual Ridley (depending on which version is playable) if someone happens to be playing as him. Or any other of the several Metroid bosses. Nightmare comes to mind.

And who knows, Sakurai might just be ****ing with us with the "enemy from Samus' past" thing like you said

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And who knows, Sakurai might just be ****ing with us with the "enemy from Samus' past" thing like you said
I'm pretty sure he didn't say anything like that in the original Japanese.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'm pretty sure he didn't say anything like that in the original Japanese.
In japanese he mentioned a foe that traumatized Samus in the past. (I'm just going ahead and assuming he meant MB, because she literally can appear at any moment and all ridley supporters are probably thinking the same thing)

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Reading through this thread every 5-10 minutes enforces the idea that I have no patience and want a correct leak asap >.<

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
In japanese he mentioned a foe that traumatized Samus in the past. (I'm just going ahead and assuming he meant MB, because she literally can appear at any moment and all ridley supporters are probably thinking the same thing)
That might be to who he was referring to, Mother Brain is now an assist trophy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Reading through this thread every 5-10 minutes enforces the idea that I have no patience and want a correct leak asap >.<
Don't worry, only 114 days 'til E3.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Hey, long time viewer of Smash Boards, first time poster.
Just going to pass along some information, after playing a demo of Smash Bros.

The demo didn't have all the characters couldn't play as Rosalina or Lucario it was very confined and limited, the reps reassured me that it was a very small sample of the game.

I played as Mega Man against my brother who was Villager on 3DS's.
Mega Man's final smash uses Rush Armor Upgrade, Villager uses bee's.
We used a couple of assist trophies during the match, Waluigi and Skull Kid.
Waluigi does pretty much the same thing as he did in brawl, and Skull Kid is basically Snorlax with a moon.
At the end of the session, other people playing the demo said they got Paletuna as an assist trophy, but I never saw her.

Sorry was planning on taking a few pictures, but they had a no picture policy, they asked everyone to either put their cell phones to the side of the room on the window ledge, or keep them in our pockets. One guy took his phone out and tried to take a picture and they weren't rude or anything to him but they got kinda up close to him and quickly said "hey no pictures", and they quickly made him show he hadn't taken a picture yet and had to put his phone on the ledge.
give me screenshots or give me death

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
How are there people still thinking this game will delay into 2015? It's literally madness. They are riding on Kart and Smash this year. If anyone thinks a knock off Zelda game and Bayonetta will make units fly off shelves they are crazy. Smash will surely. Although anecdotal, I just had a guy over that adamantly said if Nintendo thinks he will buy a Wii U before Smash they are crazy. Any rumor suggesting a 2015 release is BS to the highest order.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
That might be to who he was referring to, Mother Brain is now an assist trophy.
But Ridley killed her parents... That's quite traumatizing.

I know you mean MB killed the last Metroid but I think the death of your parents at an early age is a lot more traumatizing.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

I know you mean MB killed the last Metroid but I think the death of your parents at an early age is a lot more traumatizing.
Sakurai didn't specify how much traumatization the enemy caused her, just that it did. I'd be (slightly) traumatized if my super giant baby that loved me an stuff got blown up by a gigantic brain.
Of course, even if he was talking about Ridely, he did not specify that the guy would be a stage hazard.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think that new leak is fake because palutena is an assist. Cool final smash ideas though, and I agree about the stages symbols.

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
middle of the dessert , on a horse with no name
NNID
Monkeymaner
Why would you? There's no way to know yet whether or not he will be in - there's no definitive reason he COULDN'T be in, so don't count him out yet.
Just it doesn't feel right after seeing him as a boos to transition to playable, plus I will retract my statement until the confirmation or decomfirmation of boss battles

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
MEHHHHHHHH, super busy day. Any new interesting leaks. The last thing that I know that happened was that Little Mac was revealed, ultimately destroying the lives of many leaks and their families.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

andimidna

Smash Master
How are there people still thinking this game will delay into 2015? It's literally madness. They are riding on Kart and Smash this year. If anyone thinks a knock off Zelda game and Bayonetta will make units fly off shelves they are crazy. Smash will surely. Although anecdotal, I just had a guy over that adamantly said if Nintendo thinks he will buy a Wii U before Smash they are crazy. Any rumor suggesting a 2015 release is BS to the highest order.
What do you mean "knock off Zelda game"???

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
No. Theories are fine. You guys don't have any legitimate theories. Just baseless assumptions. How is the leak related only to E3 staff. Why don't you tell me how you got there. Because from where I stand it only mentions 6 characters are to debut at E3. How is that singularly related to the E3 staff? Have you never been around for E3 leaks? They don't always come from this fantastical E3 staff that you have proposed. Again, see CBOAT and Microsoft.

And anyway what is this staff? Who is on this staff? Where did you here this? Do you know the internal working of Nintendo? You know how they release trailers and videos? The process that Nintendo goes through to debut a trailer at E3? You know who see's it and who doesn't? They have a separate E3 staff that gets a separate bit of information? How far in advance is this staff informed? Who do you think made and recorded the E3 trailers?

What I'm trying to show you is that you guys are assuming a lot here. All we know is that allegedly a leaker told Sal what was planned for E3. That leak could have came from anywhere. Literally anywhere.

You don't know the inner workings at Nintendo. Just because a leak is specific to E3 you automatically assume that it could have only come from someone with knowledge limited to E3. Which makes absolutely no sense. A developer could have leaked info specifically and only for E3. You act like the lack of information is an indictment on a position held. I assure you it is not. Remember Chaos_Zero's source managed to leak only a couple of things. Does that mean that the person who leaked it had a limited position? It could mean anything! It could mean that the person wanted to limit their exposure or perhaps that person didn't want to tell Chaos Zero everything and keep some surprises for players. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. In other words, the fact that the leak was specific only to E3 is not proof that the leaker was only privy to E3 information.
Again, your points are faulty and lack substance. Your saying that "You assumptions are wrong because you can't prove anything." You forget we are talking about rumors here. Nothing is going to be concrete. The stance you are taking is that I have to give you 5 source documents and witness testimony or I'm wrong. It's simple
  • The guy had only posted the characters as a prediction. He never said anything about a source until after. He claims he didn't say he knew anything because "I wasn't sure if I could trust the source." This is not standard industry practice.
  • He specifically claims they were to be shown at E3. They weren't.
Already, the leak has major hole in it and it doesn't help that we have Rosalina in between. Again, the issue you are missing is you don't understand the logic behind the assumptions. You think that by throwing random questions out, you can dismantile the assumption. To be clear, here it is again.
  1. The leak would likely either come from a person working on the game or someone working on E3
  2. If someone was working on development, it wouldn't make sense that their info would be E3 specific and they would know more anyway
  3. The information was specific to the E3 event. As such, the most likely conclusion was that, if real, that he got info from someone working at E3.
So on to Mac's stage. They guy's source was likely from the E3 event. Thus, someone before the event gave him the info but the presentation was changed at a later date. The reason the former is importaint is this. The stage's development is outside the realm for an E3 worker. Now, the stage started life as a "Smash" stage. When Mac was shown, the stage converted to Punch-Out. If the E3 event was changed and the other three weren't shown, then the stage would have just not been shown. But it was. The Wii Fit and Megaman stages were not shown until the specific trailer was shown. So the Punch Out stage would have just as easily been the same way. But it was shown with Smash info. Again, the creation and development of the stages is done in Japan by the team working on the game. It wouldn't make sense to totally change the stage because they didn't want to show Mac at E3. That would be a lot of work for something so small. But for some reason, the stage was shown before Mac. What this suggest is that the idea was to always show the stage before Mac. And, as a result, the E3 leak is wrong. It is wrong because if the intention was to not show Mac at E3, then Sal's information never existed.

I laid the idea pretty simply. Your post are not trying to fight the idea but just try to shed doubt because I don't know all the ins and outs. In truth, either the information would not be available or it wouldn't matter anyway. I reached this conclusion with logical conclusions. Again. It makes sense that the leak had to come from someone inside E3. The stage was done in Japan, and would not be known by someone working at the E3 staff. If the stage started as a Smash stage and later changed, it means the decision was made in Japan to show it and not Mac. Thus, Mac was never planed to be at E3. Thus, the leak is false.

I said as far as I know and you could at least have googled this. I'm trying to engage you here but if you continue to be intellectually dishonest or lazy --- whatever it is you're doing --- it's going to be hard for me to continue. I'm starting to assume that you just don't like the idea of Mii's and Pac-man. Could be wrong though!
If you stop, I really don't care.

You did prove my point though. You questioned by "love" for Mii and Pac-Man shows they you do like them and it's why you are defending them.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66442330

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995375-marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds/59785658

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/60698128?page=3

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66442330?page=16

As far as I know CAW_Evolution is the MvC3 leaker.

edit: I guess it was Lupinko who leaked mvc3. CAW apparently broke the news for a few characters. He claims to have insider information on gamefaqs and apparently is trusted by the community. My bad fellas. I'll eat crow on that.
There was no "leak" for UMvC3. Capcom has all the characters on the website. All someone did was right-click, view page source.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

And yet somehow if we go by canon she's already fought him 3 times. But this time she's afraid.
What's with that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom