• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That could have been just a wild guess. It is not enough to call him credible, imo.
*someone gets one detail right*

OH MY GOD THEY KNOW EVERYTHING KEEP YOUR EYES ON THIS ONE, GUYS

:p

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
How are there people still thinking this game will delay into 2015? It's literally madness. They are riding on Kart and Smash this year. If anyone thinks a knock off Zelda game and Bayonetta will make units fly off shelves they are crazy. Smash will surely. Although anecdotal, I just had a guy over that adamantly said if Nintendo thinks he will buy a Wii U before Smash they are crazy. Any rumor suggesting a 2015 release is BS to the highest order.
I don't think it will be delayed to 2015, but I don't see it being release before November at best. Also, I don't think Smash will make units fly off shelves, especially when there is a version being released for a console with a far bigger install base.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
That could have been just a wild guess. It is not enough to call him credible, imo.
Ignore that guy you're questioning, he slipped up and said that Pac Man was developed and then scrapped because he was not creative enough or some crap. All this after going through the legal motions? Please.

Also Lupinoko or whatever his name is DID leak Ultimate, he started this little game where he gave hints for some characters like every week or somethin'? He leaked Phoenix Wright and Strider before the complete leak from the Capcom screw up.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Again, your points are faulty and lack substance. Your saying that "You assumptions are wrong because you can't prove anything." You forget we are talking about rumors here. Nothing is going to be concrete. The stance you are taking is that I have to give you 5 source documents and witness testimony or I'm wrong. It's simple
  • The guy had only posted the characters as a prediction. He never said anything about a source until after. He claims he didn't say he knew anything because "I wasn't sure if I could trust the source." This is not standard industry practice.
  • He specifically claims they were to be shown at E3. They weren't.
Already, the leak has major hole in it and it doesn't help that we have Rosalina in between. Again, the issue you are missing is you don't understand the logic behind the assumptions. You think that by throwing random questions out, you can dismantile the assumption. To be clear, here it is again.
  1. The leak would likely either come from a person working on the game or someone working on E3
  2. If someone was working on development, it wouldn't make sense that their info would be E3 specific and they would know more anyway
  3. The information was specific to the E3 event. As such, the most likely conclusion was that, if real, that he got info from someone working at E3.
So on to Mac's stage. They guy's source was likely from the E3 event. Thus, someone before the event gave him the info but the presentation was changed at a later date. The reason the former is importaint is this. The stage's development is outside the realm for an E3 worker. Now, the stage started life as a "Smash" stage. When Mac was shown, the stage converted to Punch-Out. If the E3 event was changed and the other three weren't shown, then the stage would have just not been shown. But it was. The Wii Fit and Megaman stages were not shown until the specific trailer was shown. So the Punch Out stage would have just as easily been the same way. But it was shown with Smash info. Again, the creation and development of the stages is done in Japan by the team working on the game. It wouldn't make sense to totally change the stage because they didn't want to show Mac at E3. That would be a lot of work for something so small. But for some reason, the stage was shown before Mac. What this suggest is that the idea was to always show the stage before Mac. And, as a result, the E3 leak is wrong. It is wrong because if the intention was to not show Mac at E3, then Sal's information never existed.

I laid the idea pretty simply. Your post are not trying to fight the idea but just try to shed doubt because I don't know all the ins and outs. In truth, either the information would not be available or it wouldn't matter anyway. I reached this conclusion with logical conclusions. Again. It makes sense that the leak had to come from someone inside E3. The stage was done in Japan, and would not be known by someone working at the E3 staff. If the stage started as a Smash stage and later changed, it means the decision was made in Japan to show it and not Mac. Thus, Mac was never planed to be at E3. Thus, the leak is false.

If you stop, I really don't care.

You did prove my point though. You questioned by "love" for Mii and Pac-Man shows they you do like them and it's why you are defending them.

There was no "leak" for UMvC3. Capcom has all the characters on the website. All someone did was right-click, view page source.
Actually, yes there was a leak for UMvC3. I remember being on Shoryuken while Lupinko or whatever his name was leaked each of the characters slowly in batches. He leaked all of them, even Phoenix Wright. This was before they had even made the website. People were mad as hell when he said Megaman wasn't in.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I like how it's clear some false leaker have never played any of the games of some of the characters they claim to know moves of. There was an interview where Sakurai even says that he goes back to play through the old games for references. I think I've played all of the franchises represented in the games even some Japan only ones. I had recently played that Frog the Bell Tolls game in 2012, to see the main characters move potential in Smash. I at least do that before I start bashing on characters people want in as well.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Considering Sakurai himself said he was going to try his hardest to release this game in 2014, which was also the original intention, I dont see it taking much longer. Why would Sakurai say something like that if he knew this far in advance that it was going to be a 2015 release?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I like how it's clear some false leaker have never played any of the games of some of the characters they claim to know moves of. There was an interview where Sakurai even says that he goes back to play through the old games for references. I think I've played all of the franchises represented in the games even some Japan only ones. I had recently played that Frog the Bell Tolls game in 2012, to see the main characters move potential in Smash. I at least do that before I start bashing on characters people want in as well.
He does play the old games?
I didn't know this.. :p
I think that's pretty neat.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Considering Sakurai himself said he was going to try his hardest to release this game in 2014, which was also the original intention, I dont see it taking much longer. Why would Sakurai say something like that if he knew this far in advance that it was going to be a 2015 release?
Cause Sakurai.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I have no idea, but I do hope he does release these games in 2014 (hopefully in between September-November, or to try and hit the Xmas holiday shopping season early December), if he does delay the game to 2015, expect another March release.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Just because someone got a detail, or several details about the game right (especially fairly easily guessable ones like Ashley being an assist) it doesn't mean that everything is right. Just a lucky guess. I can guess that Final Destination will return in some way(and be totally right) and guess that Lakitu will be a playable character(and be totally wrong). IMO, for a leak to be correct, all details of the leak need to be correct. And thinking that a third party will get more than one rep is totally dumb. It won't happen.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Hey, long time viewer of Smash Boards, first time poster.
Just going to pass along some information, after playing a demo of Smash Bros.

The demo didn't have all the characters couldn't play as Rosalina or Lucario it was very confined and limited, the reps reassured me that it was a very small sample of the game.

I played as Mega Man against my brother who was Villager on 3DS's.
Mega Man's final smash uses Rush Armor Upgrade, Villager uses bee's.
We used a couple of assist trophies during the match, Waluigi and Skull Kid.
Waluigi does pretty much the same thing as he did in brawl, and Skull Kid is basically Snorlax with a moon.
At the end of the session, other people playing the demo said they got Paletuna as an assist trophy, but I never saw her.

Sorry was planning on taking a few pictures, but they had a no picture policy, they asked everyone to either put their cell phones to the side of the room on the window ledge, or keep them in our pockets. One guy took his phone out and tried to take a picture and they weren't rude or anything to him but they got kinda up close to him and quickly said "hey no pictures", and they quickly made him show he hadn't taken a picture yet and had to put his phone on the ledge.
I actually would not be surprised if this is true, generally this is how most fighting games are balanced and tested before hand.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
If the detail is the most unlikely ones like Wii Fit Trainer in the "Leaky 3" for example, the leak may hold lots of value.
True. I'm not denying that those three characters weren't leaked. They certainly were. I'm just saying just because they were correct doesn't mean that the whole leak is correct. Like the leaker who said Ashley would be an assist. They got that fact right, but it doesn't mean that the rest of their leak is correct.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Some one told me the Palutena leak was finally confirmed fake. Is that true?
Here is his post:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60170.msg1228399#msg1228399

Edit: Nevermind you have to sign up to view it:
so much headache in my head (i blame the computer, though).

kirby has done more than starfox. he's had at least 5 games made after brawl. fire emblem had like 1 or 2 after brawl (then again i dont have interest in the series and dont really keep up with it (and they call me a gamer)).

kirby is also one of sakurai's children series, adding a pathway for one new character. kid icarus, even though the picture was finally confirmed fake, will definately get 1 more rep by this logic.

the most reps i see fire emblem having is 3, but that's if they keep ike. micaiah would be nice, but we already have a radiant dawn fire emblem rep. if we were to have another with marth and ike, it would be from awakening as either chrom or lucina, but chrom has the more-likely chance as he is more classified as a main character than lucy. it would be nice to have 4, but 3 is the biggest number we'll likely get.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Some one told me the Palutena leak was finally confirmed fake. Is that true?
Here is his post:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60170.msg1228399#msg1228399

Edit: Nevermind you have to sign up to view it:
I made a whole account just to see that :p

And I have no idea what he's talking about, although I know I've seen him before.

Also, I agree with you that FE could easily have 4 reps.

It's only a mere word error. :p
You shouldn't dismiss a leak only because they got the name wrong. :p
It doesn't mean it's fake... but it makes it look like they don't have actual inside information.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Actually, yes there was a leak for UMvC3. I remember being on Shoryuken while Lupinko or whatever his name was leaked each of the characters slowly in batches. He leaked all of them, even Phoenix Wright. This was before they had even made the website. People were mad as hell when he said Megaman wasn't in.
Got a link?

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

And I have no idea what he's talking about, although I know I've seen him before.

If Fire Emblem gets 4 reps, I was thinking Lyn (who was also an assist trophy in Brawl), could be the 4th rep, since she was the 1st female protagonist in the Fire Emblem series to be a major character.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Got a link?
I cannot supply the link, but I can account for the situation personally. I was a part of that thread on NeoGAF when it was happening, just as I was on Gamefaqs when a certain picture leaking the roster came out about the same time. The latter I know about because I spent the better part of three months railing against that leak until I just got tired of it and was eventually proven wrong.

Perhaps I should supplement my statement by saying that all of these UMvC3 leaks came before the game had been officially announced by Capcom. Lupinko leaked that there was a second edition in the works, and given his status leaking the roster of the first game, many people believed him as he turned out to be correct. There were two leaks before the eventual website leak. Those are the two I mentioned before.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Hey, long time viewer of Smash Boards, first time poster.
Just going to pass along some information, after playing a demo of Smash Bros.

The demo didn't have all the characters couldn't play as Rosalina or Lucario it was very confined and limited, the reps reassured me that it was a very small sample of the game.

I played as Mega Man against my brother who was Villager on 3DS's.
Mega Man's final smash uses Rush Armor Upgrade, Villager uses bee's.
We used a couple of assist trophies during the match, Waluigi and Skull Kid.
Waluigi does pretty much the same thing as he did in brawl, and Skull Kid is basically Snorlax with a moon.
At the end of the session, other people playing the demo said they got Paletuna as an assist trophy, but I never saw her.

Sorry was planning on taking a few pictures, but they had a no picture policy, they asked everyone to either put their cell phones to the side of the room on the window ledge, or keep them in our pockets. One guy took his phone out and tried to take a picture and they weren't rude or anything to him but they got kinda up close to him and quickly said "hey no pictures", and they quickly made him show he hadn't taken a picture yet and had to put his phone on the ledge.
I'm confused as why you don't actually describe villagers final smash. What do you claim? Does he release them from a cage? Plant a tree and shake it?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Nintendo can over polish heir games sometimes, which is why DK may have been delayed.

Also, 400 pages! Congratulations to this thread!

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo can over polish heir games sometimes, which is why DK may have been delayed.

Also, 400 pages! Congratulations to this thread!
NeoGAF is convinced (as well as I) it was delayed because there would literally be NO Wii U Games for almost 5 months otherwise.

It doesn't mean it's fake... but it makes it look like they don't have actual inside information.
If he said villager, who the hell would know who he is talking about? How could he know from his source if that was the official name?

Also that guy who said Palutena was deconfirmed probably doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. He thinks how many games a franchise has = how many characters should get in, when it really just depends on how many characters in the franchise can bring something strong to the Smash roster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom