• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
edit: NVM

Me stupid.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Weren't the leakers of brawl's time a little more vocal compared to this guy? Like how Nya was so keen on getting people to believe her (I would be to if I had real information nobody believed) I really don't like this leak because of Palutena but I don't want that to hinder my actual view on it.

And will the ND no Diddy leaker be added to the OP? He hasn't gotten on since people started calling him a fibber, but it hasn't been necessarily debunked right?
Yes they were more vocal. Whether Palutena is an assist trophy or not his story is fabricated. I sounds like such a troll thing to do to make a leak where a favorite character is an assist trophy. Also I would think that assist trophies either aren't in the 3ds version or are different from the Wii U version. So having Skull kid in the 3ds version is fishy to me.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Yes they were more vocal. Whether Palutena is an assist trophy or not his story is fabricated. I sounds like such a troll thing to do to make a leak where a favorite character is an assist trophy. Also I would think that assist trophies either aren't in the 3ds version or are different from the Wii U version. So having Skull kid in the 3ds version is fishy to me.
I would hope Sakurai releases something this week that might possible debunk this. But i'm starting to over think too much, with her being one of my most wanted NC's. This is sounding both real and fake to me. On one hand, this could be someone bored riding on the Palutena leak. Both leaks happen to be on the 3DS, one is talking about the small range of characters playable (Mario for example, who is in the Palutena leak, probably would be in the small amount of characters playable), the strict no picture policy (hence why we got only 2 pictures, maybe a stricter policy), along with some people saying that they saw Palutena as an Assist trophy after the session.
Most likely, someone's simply riding coattails.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
ATs having outlines on the 3DS version doesn't make much sense to me. It goes against the purpose of the outlines on playable chars.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Not to mention, as said before, it wouldn't make sense for Sakurai to tease us several times after the fact, ESPECIALLY with the Wii U stage PotD (with the face of the statue matching that of the leak's I might add).

Either that, or he's the meanest troll who has ever lived. :glare:

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I personally think that assist trophies will be Wii U exclusive, considering that we haven't seen one assist trophy on the 3DS.
updated btw

Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Illiterate Leak (#2) - Said that Captain Falcon would be revealed on January 21st.
Toots Leak - Leaker admitted it was fake
Mr. Prediction Leak - Said that Shulk would be revealed on January 30th.
Hanafuda Leak - Said Lucario was cut.
Basty Leak - Also said that Lucario was cut.
Sandbag Leak - Said that Sandbag would be revealed on January 31st.
Really Short Leak - Lucario was revealed before Captain Falcon.
Frostwraith Leak - Self-explanatory.
Sakura Leak - Says that "Smash 5" is already in development by a different studio, when Sakurai has stated that SSBU and SSB3DS are Smash 4 and 5.
Sesquin Leak - Stated that Spear Pillar would return, but Palkia (major stage element of Spear Pillar) has been confirmed as a pokeball Pokemon.
Gandalf69me Leak - Admitted Fake
"Somebody is Coming" Leak - See above
Cap'nChreest Leak - See above
Souta Satou Leak - Yoshi Kato's email was soutasatou@____.com (they had different claims)
Yoshi Kato Leak - See above
Sound Guy Leak - Said Diddy would be next revealed (Little Mac was revealed before)
Veteran Leak - See above
Glass Joe Leak - Said that Diddy would be revealed on February 13th.
IGN Leak (#1) - See above
Year of Yoshi Leak - Said Yoshi and Baby Mario would be revealed during the direct on February 13th

Live:

Jumpman Leak

[COLLAPSE="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item

Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
OP: http://pastebin.com/zTddsKWn
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/MazHmmzn
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
OP: http://pastebin.com/gW9q1daE
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/tfirfp3K
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Rosalina (lol), Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Dedede (lol), Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
OP: http://pastebin.com/WRXmEfyU
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
OP: http://pastebin.com/cZ8qH1Dj
[/COLLAPSE]
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak
  • Disconfirmation of existence of or details about listed game titles
OP: http://pastebin.com/Fh6c8pKL
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Exclusion of Ridley, or Little Mac
  • Exclusion of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
  • Little Mac's home stage not being the boxing ring
  • Ridley's home stage not being Pyrosphere
OP: http://pastebin.com/mbwtK8Zt
[/COLLAPSE]
Neogaf Rumor
  • Target release date that is not spring
OP: N/A
[/COLLAPSE]
Spacechannel5 Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, and Chrom as characters
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a stage hazard
  • Exclusion of Falco, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, or Ike
  • Inclusion of Snake or Jigglypuff
  • Exclusion of Audino as a pokeball and Lucina as an assist trophy
  • Planned release date that is not June
OP: http://pastebin.com/767X7x6h
[/COLLAPSE]
Naryol Leak
  • Inclusion of Geno or Goku
  • Roster with more or less than 42 characters
  • More or less than 3 third parties
  • Inclusion of Ridley, King K Rool, or Bowser Jr. as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Lucario or R.O.B
OP: http://pastebin.com/uVmHnZXC
[/COLLAPSE]
E Gadd Leak
[Collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Professor E Gadd, Tingle, and Dixie Kong (as her own character)
  • Exclusion of Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Ganondorf
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr, King Boo, Hammer Bro, Waluigi, Kat & Ana, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Midna and Wolf Link, Beedle, and Metroid assist trophies
  • Inclusion of Lakitu assist trophy
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a boss
  • Inclusion of King K Rool as anything but a stage element
  • Exclusion of Gangplank Galleon stage
OP: http://pastebin.com/EqViSATv
[/COLLAPSE]
Three Post Leak/Tabuu Leak
  • More or less than 59 characters in the game (including transformations)
  • More or less than 53 character slots on the roster
  • Exclusion of any Brawl Character
  • Zero Suit Samus not able to be selected at the character select screen
  • Jigglypuff not having a moveset with elements from her new Fairy type
  • Snake not being revealed in a Nintendo Direct that will announce a Metal Gear Wii U game.
  • Inclusion of Pokemon Trainer whose Pokemon do not include Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Blaziken.
  • Inclusion of stamina for the Pokemon Trainer
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu
  • Exclusion of a Dr. Luigi alt for Dr. Mario
  • Exclusion of Drawing Link/Young Link, Charizard/Mega Charizard X, King K Rool, RIdley, Palutena, Robin/Avatar, Little Mac, Mii, Pac-Man, or Tabuu
  • Exclusion of female alt for Robin/Avatar
  • Exclusion of Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie default Miis.
  • Exclusion of Shulk assist trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/SXWvG2J6
[/COLLAPSE]
GaeozHero Leak
[collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Diddy Kong and Palutena.
  • Exclusion of a Minecart Madness (Wii U) stage.
  • Exclusion of "Ms. Tetris" (character apparently uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle related things to fight).
  • Diddy Kong and Ms. Tetris not being revealed this month.
  • Exclusion of a Master Ball and Lip's Stick item.
  • Exclusion of Shadow Moses Island.
  • Adventure mode not having a desert level, a factory level, and a volcano level.
  • Zelda not being able to summon a controllable helper.
OP: http://pastebin.com/EpGFgwDF
[/COLLAPSE]
Hyrule Goddesses Leak
  • Exclusion of every Brawl veteran except for Snake
  • Exclusion of Lucina, Takamaru, Little Mac, King K Rool, Palutena, Pac-Man, Galacta Knight, Hyrule Goddesses (Din, Nayru, and Farore), Lucina, Takamaru, and Little Mac.
  • Inclusion of another newcomer not stated in that list.
  • Exclusion of a Golden Mushroom, Love-love stick, Monado, Ice Flower, and Proto Shield items.
  • Exclusion of Another Dimension, Chaos Theatre, Popples Islands, Lightning (F-Zero), Planet Wisp, NES Pinball, and Murasame Castle stages.
  • Exclusion of Dixie Kong, Dillon, T-Rex, Wrestler, Quick Man, Eggplant Wizard, Yveltal, Chesnaught, Floette, Doublade, Genesect, Reshiram, and Zekrom as pokeball pokemon/assist trophies.
  • Exclusion of Mii Mode (basically a regular match except with only Miis).
  • Inclusion of Mii outside of Mii Mode.
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak #2
  • Exclusion of every Brawl Veteran except for Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link, Jigglypuff, and Snake.
  • Exclusion of Charizard (solo fighter), Pokemon Trainer (with Sylveon, Leafeon, Vaporean), Mewtwo, Takamaru, Palutena, Little Mac, Dixie Kong, Shulk, and Lucina.
  • Inclusion of any returning stage beside Pokemon Stadium 2 and Yoshi's Island (not Final Destination ???)
  • Exclusion of Serperior, Reshram, Zekram, and the X and Y legendaries as pokeball pokemon.
  • Exclusion of Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets, and Events (Wii U exclusive)
[/COLLAPSE]
Soumynona Leak
[COLLAPSE="Killable By"]
  • Exclusion of Ridley, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Palutena, Mewtwo, and Lucas
[/COLLAPSE]
"ChaosZero" Leak
  • Inclusion of King K Rool and Ridley as playable characters
  • Dixie Kong beng partnered with Diddy
  • Online mode without the ability to host rooms or choose what items are available
[/COLLAPSE]
Sable Leak
  • Exclusion of Little Mac, Prince Sable, Palutena, Takamaru, Mii, Shulk, Monster Hunter, Slime, and Pac-Man
  • Inclusion of any other newcomer besides the ones listed above
[/COLLAPSE]
Mjardo Leak
  • Exclusion of Dixie Kong, Prince Sable, a different retro newcomer, Lucas, and a Pokemon Trainer-like character
  • Exclusion of a Tropical Freeze stage
[/COLLAPSE]
Angry Leak
  • Exclusion of Palutena, Little Mac, and Ridley
  • Exclusion of Ridley as a stage hazard (yes, he's both)
  • Inclusion of King K Rool or Geno
  • Exclusion of Sami and Primid as assist trophies
  • Exclusion of Pokemon Stadium 3, Nintendo Land, and Miiverse stages
[/COLLAPSE]
ErenJager Leak
  • Megaman's final smash not being Rush Armor Upgrade and Villager's not using bees
  • Exclusion of Waluigi as an assist trophy
  • Skull Kid not being "Snorlax with a moon"
  • Exclusion of Palutena as an assist trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Another 4chan Leaker
  • Palutena not being the next newcomer revealed
[/COLLAPSE]

[/COLLAPSE]

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
ATs having outlines on the 3DS version doesn't make much sense to me. It goes against the purpose of the outlines on playable chars.
I am starting to think that leak was fake..Personally while i do want Palatuena..i do think it's likely she will be an Assist Trophy

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
I personally would much rather see a Villain from the KI series as opposed to Palutena.

However, the 3DS screenshots are very believable. The unique ornaments on her belt really convinced me that it was real. But I really wish people would stop assuming that Sakurai's PotD posts after the leak were anything more than a coincidence. The statue doesn't show much resemblance to the leak, imo. The obvious similarities are there because it's the same character.

Also, I agree that the outlines on ATs would be pointless. Will have to wait and see.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I personally would much rather see a Villain from the KI series as opposed to Palutena.

However, the 3DS screenshots are very believable. The unique ornaments on her belt really convinced me that it was real. But I really wish people would stop assuming that Sakurai's PotD posts after the leak were anything more than a coincidence. The statue doesn't show much resemblance to the leak, imo. The obvious similarities are there because it's the same character.

Also, I agree that the outlines on ATs would be pointless. Will have to wait and see.
"cough" Hades "cough". I think Hades would be perfect as a villain. He is a moveset that could be all his own..

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It would be a great shame if Palutena is not in the final roster.

Personally, I don't think Erenjager's leak is true at all, but as I've stated before, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I read back since my first post.

Going to clear the air a bit, I don't have any connection to Nintendo.
I was at the Harbourfront Centre in Toronto, they were doing a Donkey Kong game demo.
Reps asked me if I was into smash bros, said I loved it when I was kid with N64 and melee.
They told me to stick around and that they're going to do a private demo later, I was kind of excited, and my brother was too, so we hung out.
Funny thing is my brother and I got pretty pumped because it would be just like back in the day, when we played together but like new age.

I see a lot of posts about Palutena, I never saw her, so I don't know what she looks like, sorry.
I do know that the assist trophies didn't have black outlines, my character and my brother's stuck out from all other things on the screen pretty noticeably, at least to my recollection. I'm pretty sure only the characters had black outlines, i'm like 99% confident in that. I asked my brother he said he thinks so too.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Hey guys, I read back since my first post.

Going to clear the air a bit, I don't have any connection to Nintendo.
I was at the Harbourfront Centre in Toronto, they were doing a Donkey Kong game demo.
Reps asked me if I was into smash bros, said I loved it when I was kid with N64 and melee.
They told me to stick around and that they're going to do a private demo later, I was kind of excited, and my brother was too, so we hung out.
Funny thing is my brother and I got pretty pumped because it would be just like back in the day, when we played together but like new age.

I see a lot of posts about Palutena, I never saw her, so I don't know what she looks like, sorry.
I do know that the assist trophies didn't have black outlines, my character and my brother's stuck out from all other things on the screen pretty noticeably, at least to my recollection. I'm pretty sure only the characters had black outlines, i'm like 99% confident in that. I asked my brother he said he thinks so too.
while i have my doubts i looked into it and the event you mentioned involving donkey kong checks out

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Warning Received
while i have my doubts i looked into it and the event you mentioned involving donkey kong checks out
Hmmm........this makes it a bit more likely but still..why would they show off SB to a small amount of pepole secretly..it does not make much sense

But does this "demo" check out?
He hasn't confirmed this but he has found out that the Donkey kong thing is real which makes this rumour a bit more likely

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hmmm........this makes it a bit more likely but still..why would they show off SB to a small amount of pepole secretly..it does not make much sense
And more importantly, why haven't we heard of this?
Someone would've said something. Or they would've advertised this.
"Secrecy" you say? Yeah that's another thing.
Why keep it secret? Wasn't info a good thing? It just sounds like an excuse to not have pictures.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
ErenJager is probably referring to this event: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/aIiQbvmIJ0TIZONAjKh53Uy-kn5a3Q47

But I'm still having doubts on what he is claiming. The only thing I would question is whether ErenJager and his brother were the only two people who get to play the demo.

EDIT: I re-read the post and it stated that other players had played the demo.

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
I personally think that assist trophies will be Wii U exclusive, considering that we haven't seen one assist trophy on the 3DS.
updated btw

Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Illiterate Leak (#2) - Said that Captain Falcon would be revealed on January 21st.
Toots Leak - Leaker admitted it was fake
Character Model Leak - Some models were incorrect (I think)
Mr. Prediction Leak - Said that Shulk would be revealed on January 30th.
Hanafuda Leak - Said Lucario was cut.
Basty Leak - Also said that Lucario was cut.
Sandbag Leak - Said that Sandbag would be revealed on January 31st.
Really Short Leak - Lucario was revealed before Captain Falcon.
Frostwraith Leak - Self-explanatory.
Sakura Leak - Says that "Smash 5" is already in development by a different studio, when Sakurai has stated that SSBU and SSB3DS are Smash 4 and 5.
Sesquin Leak - Stated that Spear Pillar would return, but Palkia (major stage element of Spear Pillar) has been confirmed as a pokeball Pokemon.
Gandalf69me Leak - Admitted Fake
"Somebody is Coming" Leak - See above
Cap'nChreest Leak - See above
Souta Satou Leak - Yoshi Kato's email was soutasatou@____.com (they had different claims)
Yoshi Kato Leak - See above
Sound Guy Leak - Said Diddy would be next revealed (Little Mac was revealed before)
Veteran Leak - See above
Glass Joe Leak - Said that Diddy would be revealed on February 13th.
IGN Leak (#1) - See above
Year of Yoshi Leak - Said Yoshi and Baby Mario would be revealed during the direct on February 13th

Live:

Jumpman Leak

• Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box ite

Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
OP: http://pastebin.com/zTddsKWn
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/MazHmmzn
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
OP: http://pastebin.com/gW9q1daE
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/tfirfp3K
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Rosalina (lol), Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Dedede (lol), Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
OP: http://pastebin.com/WRXmEfyU
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
OP: http://pastebin.com/cZ8qH1Dj
[/COLLAPSE]
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak
  • Disconfirmation of existence of or details about listed game titles
OP: http://pastebin.com/Fh6c8pKL
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Little Mac
  • Disconfirmation of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
OP: http://pastebin.com/mbwtK8Zt
[/COLLAPSE]
Neogaf Rumor
  • Target release date that is not spring
OP: N/A
[/COLLAPSE]
Spacechannel5 Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, and Chrom as characters
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a stage hazard
  • Exclusion of Falco, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, or Ike
  • Inclusion of Snake or Jigglypuff
  • Exclusion of Audino as a pokeball and Lucina as an assist trophy
  • Planned release date that is not June
OP: http://pastebin.com/767X7x6h
[/COLLAPSE]
Naryol Leak
  • Inclusion of Geno or Goku
  • Roster with more or less than 42 characters
  • More or less than 3 third parties
  • Inclusion of Ridley, King K Rool, or Bowser Jr. as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Lucario or R.O.B
OP: http://pastebin.com/uVmHnZXC
[/COLLAPSE]
E Gadd Leak
[Collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Professor E Gadd, Tingle, and Dixie Kong (as her own character)
  • Exclusion of Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Ganondorf
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr, King Boo, Hammer Bro, Waluigi, Kat & Ana, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Midna and Wolf Link, Beedle, and Metroid assist trophies
  • Inclusion of Lakitu assist trophy
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a boss
  • Inclusion of King K Rool as anything but a stage element
  • Exclusion of Gangplank Galleon stage
OP: http://pastebin.com/EqViSATv
[/COLLAPSE]
Three Post Leak/Tabuu Leak
  • More or less than 59 characters in the game (including transformations)
  • More or less than 53 character slots on the roster
  • Exclusion of any Brawl Character
  • Zero Suit Samus not able to be selected at the character select screen
  • Jigglypuff not having a moveset with elements from her new Fairy type
  • Snake not being revealed in a Nintendo Direct that will announce a Metal Gear Wii U game.
  • Inclusion of Pokemon Trainer whose Pokemon do not include Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Blaziken.
  • Inclusion of stamina for the Pokemon Trainer
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu
  • Exclusion of a Dr. Luigi alt for Dr. Mario
  • Exclusion of Drawing Link/Young Link, Charizard/Mega Charizard X, King K Rool, RIdley, Palutena, Robin/Avatar, Little Mac, Mii, Pac-Man, or Tabuu
  • Exclusion of female alt for Robin/Avatar
  • Exclusion of Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie default Miis.
  • Exclusion of Shulk assist trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/SXWvG2J6
[/COLLAPSE]
GaeozHero Leak
[collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Diddy Kong and Palutena.
  • Exclusion of a Minecart Madness (Wii U) stage.
  • Exclusion of "Ms. Tetris" (character apparently uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle related things to fight).
  • Diddy Kong and Ms. Tetris not being revealed this month.
  • Exclusion of a Master Ball and Lip's Stick item.
  • Exclusion of Shadow Moses Island.
  • Adventure mode not having a desert level, a factory level, and a volcano level.
  • Zelda not being able to summon a controllable helper.
OP: http://pastebin.com/EpGFgwDF
[/COLLAPSE]
Hyrule Goddesses Leak
  • Exclusion of every Brawl veteran except for Snake
  • Exclusion of Lucina, Takamaru, Little Mac, King K Rool, Palutena, Pac-Man, Galacta Knight, Hyrule Goddesses (Din, Nayru, and Farore), Lucina, Takamaru, and Little Mac.
  • Inclusion of another newcomer not stated in that list.
  • Exclusion of a Golden Mushroom, Love-love stick, Monado, Ice Flower, and Proto Shield items.
  • Exclusion of Another Dimension, Chaos Theatre, Popples Islands, Lightning (F-Zero), Planet Wisp, NES Pinball, and Murasame Castle stages.
  • Exclusion of Dixie Kong, Dillon, T-Rex, Wrestler, Quick Man, Eggplant Wizard, Yveltal, Chesnaught, Floette, Doublade, Genesect, Reshiram, and Zekrom as pokeball pokemon/assist trophies.
  • Exclusion of Mii Mode (basically a regular match except with only Miis).
  • Inclusion of Mii outside of Mii Mode.
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak #2
  • Exclusion of every Brawl Veteran except for Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link, Jigglypuff, and Snake.
  • Exclusion of Charizard (solo fighter), Pokemon Trainer (with Sylveon, Leafeon, Vaporean), Mewtwo, Takamaru, Palutena, Little Mac, Dixie Kong, Shulk, and Lucina.
  • Inclusion of any returning stage beside Pokemon Stadium 2 and Yoshi's Island (not Final Destination ???)
  • Exclusion of Serperior, Reshram, Zekram, and the X and Y legendaries as pokeball pokemon.
  • Exclusion of Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets, and Events (Wii U exclusive)
[/COLLAPSE]
Soumynona Leak
[COLLAPSE="Killable By"]
  • Exclusion of Ridley, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Palutena, Mewtwo, and Lucas
[/COLLAPSE]
"ChaosZero" Leak
  • Inclusion of King K Rool and Ridley as playable characters
  • Dixie Kong beng partnered with Diddy
  • Online mode without the ability to host rooms or choose what items are available
[/COLLAPSE]
Sable Leak
  • Exclusion of Little Mac, Prince Sable, Palutena, Takamaru, Mii, Shulk, Monster Hunter, Slime, and Pac-Man
  • Inclusion of any other newcomer besides the ones listed above
[/COLLAPSE]
Mjardo Leak
  • Exclusion of Dixie Kong, Prince Sable, a different retro newcomer, Lucas, and a Pokemon Trainer-like character
  • Exclusion of a Tropical Freeze stage
[/COLLAPSE]
Angry Leak
  • Exclusion of Palutena, Little Mac, and Ridley
  • Exclusion of Ridley as a stage hazard (yes, he's both)
  • Inclusion of King K Rool or Geno
  • Exclusion of Sami and Primid as assist trophies
  • Exclusion of Pokemon Stadium 3, Nintendo Land, and Miiverse stages
[/COLLAPSE]
ErenJager Leak
  • Megaman's final smash not being Rush Armor Upgrade and Villager's not using bees
  • Exclusion of Waluigi as an assist trophy
  • Skull Kid not being "Snorlax with a moon"
  • Exclusion of Palutena as an assist trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Another 4chan Leaker
  • Palutena not being the next newcomer revealed
[/COLLAPSE]

[/COLLAPSE]
This list is Amazing !!!
but why do you reverse the words "exclusion" and "Inclusion" ?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i honestly have no opinion one way or the other everything he claims to have seen are well stuff everyone figured would be the case (honestly who doesnt expect the rush adapter, or skull kid to drop the moon?)

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The fact that he was seemingly picked at random to play a Smash demo (along with his brother) without having any connection with Nintendo sounds ridiculous.

I ain't buying it.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
The fact that he was seemingly picked at random to play a Smash demo (along with his brother) without having any connection with Nintendo sounds ridiculous.

I ain't buying it.
. It's starting to actually seem real. I actually think his story checks out as you don't necessarily need to have a connection to play a demo for Nintendo. If they let random people play a Tropical Freeze demo, what's stopping them from letting people play a tropical freeze demo? And who was the "special guest" that was supposed to be at the event?

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
. It's starting to actually seem real. I actually think his story checks out as you don't necessarily need to have a connection to play a demo for Nintendo. If they let random people play a Tropical Freeze demo, what's stopping them from letting people play a tropical freeze demo? And who was the "special guest" that was supposed to be at the event?
I think Ridley was secretly at that event. While i do think it has become likely i do think there is a possibility of it being fake. Sure i would love to see Palatuena in Smash 4 but i am not holding my breath.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But why keep it private?
This is Smash. If anything. They would want people to take pictures and videos.
Why? It would bring hype.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Hey, long time viewer of Smash Boards, first time poster.
Just going to pass along some information, after playing a demo of Smash Bros.

The demo didn't have all the characters couldn't play as Rosalina or Lucario it was very confined and limited, the reps reassured me that it was a very small sample of the game.

I played as Mega Man against my brother who was Villager on 3DS's.
Mega Man's final smash uses Rush Armor Upgrade, Villager uses bee's.
We used a couple of assist trophies during the match, Waluigi and Skull Kid.
Waluigi does pretty much the same thing as he did in brawl, and Skull Kid is basically Snorlax with a moon.
At the end of the session, other people playing the demo said they got Paletuna as an assist trophy, but I never saw her.

Sorry was planning on taking a few pictures, but they had a no picture policy, they asked everyone to either put their cell phones to the side of the room on the window ledge, or keep them in our pockets. One guy took his phone out and tried to take a picture and they weren't rude or anything to him but they got kinda up close to him and quickly said "hey no pictures", and they quickly made him show he hadn't taken a picture yet and had to put his phone on the ledge.
It stated that there were other people playing the demo, but wouldn't the others (other than ErenJager) who had played the demo would've said anything about this by now?

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
It stated that there were other people playing the demo, but wouldn't the others (other than ErenJager) who had played the demo would've said anything about this by now?
Nintendo could of told them not too but Erenjager decided to post a very small amount of information.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sems suspicious. Nintendo's Beta Testing is all done by something called the Super Mario Club and I don't think they'd be the kind to leak anything. Surely Nintendo made them sign non-disclosure agreements at least.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Nintendo could of told them not too but Erenjager decided to post a very small amount of information.
But why? They want this game to be big. If anything, they would want pictures and videos.
Better yet, they would've advertised this. They would've made Youtube videos.
I think it's just an excuse to not have evidence.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
New leak from our buddies on 4chan
http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1392651721
"I managed to get some information about the new Smash Brothers game.
-Target release is in July after E3 2014.
-Game is near completion and ahead of schedule. All characters, stages, and items have been completed. There are no cuts.
-A demo has been planned for E3. It will include Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus. Battlefield will be the only available stage. Items are disabled.
-The official release date will be announced at E3.
-Ridley, Pac-Man, and Takamaru will be revealed at E3 to help create hype not only for Smash Bros but a new Metroid game, a new Pac-Man game, and a new Murasame Castle game.
-Ridley uses his design from Other M.
-Mii is another newcomer, but I do not know when he will be revealed, just not at E3.
-There will be unlockable costumes for the characters, such as Dr. Mario for Mario and Dark Samus for Samus.
-A new customization feature has been added, which will allow you to make your own costumes for your characters.
-The stage builder has been greatly improved on. 10 different themes/textures will come with the game. At least 5 will be series based and 3 will be original.
-As previously stated, there are no cuts so Snake will indeed return.
-He will revealed during a direct that will also announce a new Metal Gear Solid title for the Wii U."

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Sorry but fake..why well.. Target release is in July after E3 2014. I doubt this game will come out before November let alone July..

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Wait a minute, it's said that this wasn't the only random guy who got to play the demo, so how is he the only one giving out this info? Sure there could be disclosures going on, but if there were several people selectively chosen at random, odds are more then one is going to talk about it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
New leak from our buddies on 4chan
http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1392651721
"I managed to get some information about the new Smash Brothers game.
-Target release is in July after E3 2014.
-Game is near completion and ahead of schedule. All characters, stages, and items have been completed. There are no cuts.
-A demo has been planned for E3. It will include Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus. Battlefield will be the only available stage. Items are disabled.
-The official release date will be announced at E3.
-Ridley, Pac-Man, and Takamaru will be revealed at E3 to help create hype not only for Smash Bros but a new Metroid game, a new Pac-Man game, and a new Murasame Castle game.
-Ridley uses his design from Other M.
-Mii is another newcomer, but I do not know when he will be revealed, just not at E3.
-There will be unlockable costumes for the characters, such as Dr. Mario for Mario and Dark Samus for Samus.
-A new customization feature has been added, which will allow you to make your own costumes for your characters.
-The stage builder has been greatly improved on. 10 different themes/textures will come with the game. At least 5 will be series based and 3 will be original.
-As previously stated, there are no cuts so Snake will indeed return.
-He will revealed during a direct that will also announce a new Metal Gear Solid title for the Wii U."
I wanna believe but no.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
But why? They want this game to be big. If anything, they would want pictures and videos.
Better yet, they would've advertised this. They would've made Youtube videos.
I think it's just an excuse to not have evidence.
While I have a neutral stance on his "experience," using your reasoning Nintendo would have released a LOT more info and videos instead of trickling info out....but they havent. Releasing too much info can kill long term hype.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
But why keep it private?
This is Smash. If anything. They would want people to take pictures and videos.
Why? It would bring hype.
Good point. I have to wonder why they would recruit play testers for the sole purpose of letting them enjoy smash. They might as well officially release a demo or something. What were the origins of this video during the brawl era?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VxrQiCz4_o
Was that a "secret" play tester that leaked footage or something as well? I want this to be fake so badly, but eh..

Side note:If Palutena get's Ashley'd I hope the internet does not react like this again: http://i.imgur.com/vehVT6h.jpg
*Warning:Very Ostentatious*

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Other than the fact that 4chan has never been right, Sakurai already said there won't be costumes in customization.

Wake me up when 4chan actually leaks something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom