• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
While I have a neutral stance on his "experience," using your reasoning Nintendo would have released a LOT more info and videos instead of trickling info out....but they havent. Releasing too much info can kill long term hype.
I'm not referring to giving the whole game out.
But this is a demo. This would be something they'd want to get viral.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New leak from our buddies on 4chan
http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1392651721
"I managed to get some information about the new Smash Brothers game.
-Target release is in July after E3 2014.
-Game is near completion and ahead of schedule. All characters, stages, and items have been completed. There are no cuts.
-A demo has been planned for E3. It will include Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus. Battlefield will be the only available stage. Items are disabled.
-The official release date will be announced at E3.
-Ridley, Pac-Man, and Takamaru will be revealed at E3 to help create hype not only for Smash Bros but a new Metroid game, a new Pac-Man game, and a new Murasame Castle game.
-Ridley uses his design from Other M.
-Mii is another newcomer, but I do not know when he will be revealed, just not at E3.
-There will be unlockable costumes for the characters, such as Dr. Mario for Mario and Dark Samus for Samus.
-A new customization feature has been added, which will allow you to make your own costumes for your characters.
-The stage builder has been greatly improved on. 10 different themes/textures will come with the game. At least 5 will be series based and 3 will be original.
-As previously stated, there are no cuts so Snake will indeed return.
-He will revealed during a direct that will also announce a new Metal Gear Solid title for the Wii U."
Nothing out of the ordinary. :/
Pretty boring overall.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As I said on the first page:
This all sounds like stuff I wouldn't mind, but it's all so generic "could be right, could be a little wrong" that it doesn't seem legit.
The only thing that strikes me as odd is the bit about customization and unlockable alts. Seems like it was added in just to spice things up.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I dunno...I'd like some positive feedback from a random selection of people first before releasing it into the wild.
Once again, if they wanted a large opinion. They would've advertised all this. It just sounds too unrealistic of a reason.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Side note:If Palutena get's Ashley'd I hope the internet does not react like this again: http://i.imgur.com/vehVT6h.jpg
Palutena is quite a bit higher in terms of popularity/requests, so the backlash will undoubtedly be worse if such a thing happens. :smash:

EDIT: Oh wait, that reaction was for Lucario's reveal. I was thinking compared to Ashley. Eh, my point still stands in that regard.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, some random people got to play a demo? Well, not impossible. And just because some people have played it and such, doesn't mean they would all do their best to leak. Not all people with info shares it with the World. However, not trusting this until proofs.

That other 'leak', though, sounds neat (and it has Ridley). I'm not sure why people say it will be released in November, I expect much earlier than that. I've Always expected it around E3, so that would be nice. Not believing that one either without proof, of course,

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
-Game is near completion and ahead of schedule. All characters, stages, and items have been completed. There are no cuts.
-A demo has been planned for E3. It will include Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus. Battlefield will be the only available stage. Items are disabled.
-Ridley, Pac-Man, and Takamaru will be revealed at E3 to help create hype not only for Smash Bros but a new Metroid game, a new Pac-Man game, and a new Murasame Castle game.
-Mii is another newcomer, but I do not know when he will be revealed, just not at E3.
-There will be unlockable costumes for the characters, such as Dr. Mario for Mario and Dark Samus for Samus.
-A new customization feature has been added, which will allow you to make your own costumes for your characters.
-The stage builder has been greatly improved on. 10 different themes/textures will come with the game. At least 5 will be series based and 3 will be original.
-He will revealed during a direct that will also announce a new Metal Gear Solid title for the Wii U."
As nice as a July release sounds, I'd say fake. I have a hard time believing there will be absolutely no cuts.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I hope this is true. Could use Shulk then it would be perfect to me!!!!

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
A July release would be incredible, but thats unrealistic. Also, why would they show off no newcomers in an E3 demo? The Gamespot demo of Brawl had Pit, Ike, Meta Knight, Diddy and Sonic.

And Pac-Man? HAHA NO.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
A July release would be incredible, but thats unrealistic. Also, why would they show off no newcomers in an E3 demo? The Gamespot demo of Brawl had Pit, Ike, Meta Knight, Diddy and Sonic.

And Pac-Man? HAHA NO.
Pac-Man is very likely..there is a lot of moveset potential plus he is iconic..if anything i would be suprised if he wasn't in Smash 4

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Are people even trying with leaks anymore? I want more Photoshopped pictures :(

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Hey guys, I read back since my first post.

Going to clear the air a bit, I don't have any connection to Nintendo.
I was at the Harbourfront Centre in Toronto, they were doing a Donkey Kong game demo.
Reps asked me if I was into smash bros, said I loved it when I was kid with N64 and melee.
They told me to stick around and that they're going to do a private demo later, I was kind of excited, and my brother was too, so we hung out.
Funny thing is my brother and I got pretty pumped because it would be just like back in the day, when we played together but like new age.

I see a lot of posts about Palutena, I never saw her, so I don't know what she looks like, sorry.
I do know that the assist trophies didn't have black outlines, my character and my brother's stuck out from all other things on the screen pretty noticeably, at least to my recollection. I'm pretty sure only the characters had black outlines, i'm like 99% confident in that. I asked my brother he said he thinks so too.
So people said that they saw the Palutena ASSIST TROPHY but you said that assist trophies don't have black outlines. The Palutena leak had a black outline. So??? Does this contradict the Palutena leak? I don't think so. A picture of Palutena with a black outline vs someone saying that they heard other people saying she was an assist trophy. very suspicious if you ask me.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I wouldnt necessarily be surprised if pac wasnt in. I would be surprised if bandai namco wasnt represented. True.
It it was up to me Llyold Irving or Luke from the Tales should represent Namco but sadly that won't happen..i still think Pac-Man would make for a intresting charcter

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
So people said that they saw the Palutena ASSIST TROPHY but you said that assist trophies don't have black outlines. The Palutena leak had a black outline. So??? Does this contradict the Palutena leak? I don't think so. A picture of Palutena with a black outline vs someone saying that they heard other people saying she was an assist trophy. very suspicious if you ask me.
Unless the Palutena leak was fake to begin with...

kataridragon

Smash Ace
It it was up to me Llyold Irving or Luke from the Tales should represent Namco but sadly that won't happen..i still think Pac-Man would make for a intresting charcter
I want nightmare in as a bandai namco rep but thats a snowballs chance in hell. its pretty clear that pac would have the highest chance but still... you never know!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
With all due respect to Erenjager, I can't buy their claim. For a variety of reasons, but the biggest reason is - why would a relatively early build of an internationally anticipated, Japanese developed game (because the release window is simply 2014 as of now, that's nearly a year left in development, if we assume it will come out at the very end of the year, which it most likely will. So it's early beta stages at most right now) be demo-ed to a small, randomly picked group of people - in Toronto - of all places? If I wanted to demo the game to a focus group in early beta, I'd keep it close to home.

This of course DOES NOT confirm Palutena (even though I believe those leaked screens of her to be legit at this point), but all in all, this leak fundamentally flawed.

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
As nice as a July release sounds, I'd say fake. I have a hard time believing there will be absolutely no cuts.
I like how the most unrealistic thing about the leak to y'all is the release date. First, a July release is probable. Secondly, the leak is flagged false because of the sentence "items are disabled".

Espio264

Smash Ace
Thoughts on the Erenjager story:

It all seems too suspicious. You could be telling the straight truth, but the behavior of those letting you play the demo is very odd. I mean, "hey, do you guys like Smash Bros? in a hush hush setting is the equivalent of "hey, do you guys like candy? I've got some in my van."

Next is the, "they wouldn't let us take pictures so they made us put our phones in our pockets or on the windowsill." No. Something so secretive, they would have collected your phones beforehand and returned them to you afterward. And then "someone tried to take a picture and they made him delete it," again, no. They would have taken the phone from him and either reset it or confiscated it until something could be worked out. And that doesn't even factor in nondisclosure agreements that should have been signed beforehand for something like this anyway.

And then the point of it all, you didn't really give all that telling of information. The only agenda for your post was to spread doubt in Palutena, which you later backtracked on saying, "I didn't even see her" and "I don't really know what she looks like anyway." It just seems like a failed attempt to do something small that you're trying to get out of before it becomes a big deal.

Last, and no disrespect but, Canada? Come on...

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
you can doubt the palutena leak all you want but its plain to see that its either true or a very highly skilled individual put a great deal of time and effort to make a very solid hoax. The latter is by far less likely. Odds are in favor of the leak being real and further supported by sakurais next (seemingly intentional) miiverse pic after the leak.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not to mention that the statue of Palutena on the Wii U Kid Icarus stage is the most similar model to the one in the 3DS Palutena leak. Still room for doubt, but very little room to doubt that leak at this point.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Not really. Did you see the stupidity in reasoning skills when it came to the greninja leak?
I suppose the way they reason their characters is enough to make it fake.
Like for example "Ridley is in the game, because Sakurai wanted to add more purple characters in the game."
But maybe people are using tomfoolery to make people avoid the leak. :p
But it's kinda ruining the point of it though.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just as a thought, if @ErenJager (and, by extension, his Palutena-summoning friend) is legit, Palutena being seen as an Assist Trophy doesn't necessarily rule out her being playable. I'm aware that this is a stretch, but I have seen people suggest that Assist Trophies could summon playable characters not participating in the ongoing match to emerge and attack for a little while. That might be what's happening here. We'll see soon enough.

I'm going to tag @suomynona here to let him know we're still interested in more Smash tidbits if he can dig them from his alleged source. Leak discussion in the leaks thread is never a bad thing, after all.

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Just as a thought, if ErenJager (and, by extension, his Palutena-summoning friend) is legit, Palutena being seen as an Assist Trophy doesn't necessarily rule out her being playable. I'm aware that this is a stretch, but I have seen people suggest that Assist Trophies could summon playable characters not participating in the ongoing match to emerge and attack for a little while. That might be what's happening here. We'll see soon enough.
No sorry..if she is a Assist Trophy she will not be a playable charcter..

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Eh, his leak seems like pretty obvious nonsense to me.

I doubt ATs will summon other characters. It's a neat idea, but there doesn't really seem to be any reason for Sakurai to dedicate resources to that over using ATs as a vehicle to sate the fanbases of games whose protagonists couldn't quite make the cut as playable characters.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Just as a thought, if @ErenJager (and, by extension, his Palutena-summoning friend) is legit, Palutena being seen as an Assist Trophy doesn't necessarily rule out her being playable. I'm aware that this is a stretch, but I have seen people suggest that Assist Trophies could summon playable characters not participating in the ongoing match to emerge and attack for a little while. That might be what's happening here. We'll see soon enough.

I'm going to tag @suomynona here to let him know we're still interested in more Smash tidbits if he can dig them from his alleged source. Leak discussion in the leaks thread is never a bad thing, after all.
Sakurai announcing that sooner rather than latter would be his ultimate troll move to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom