• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No sorry..if she is a Assist Trophy she will not be a playable charcter..
You're 99.9% correct in predicting that (like I said, I'm aware my idea is a stretch). I'll also hypothesize that maybe the 'friend' saw a character who looked like Palutena, but wasn't actually her, or perhaps a Palutena AT was specifically designed for the demo alone (like the Rosalina, Duster, and Sothe ATs were for Brawl, allegedly). Or, she could just flat-out not be in, of course, but that leak makes me doubt this.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
And Pac-Man? HAHA NO.
You better get used to the idea. Pac-Man is most likely in the game, as he deserves to be.
Not really. Did you see the stupidity in reasoning skills when it came to the greninja leak?
People almost killed me because I believed the Greninja (and Hawlucha) leak last year :laugh: In the end, they were real. Good times.

Not really.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Not really. Did you see the stupidity in reasoning skills when it came to the greninja leak?
I still remember the fandom's reaction to that, everyone was going heads over heels in trying to disprove it but the more they tried, the more they proved that it could be legitimate. The "69 Pokemon" leak was far worse though as everyone refused to believe it and latched on to whatever they could to try and throw it out.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Warning Received
I'm fine with that, but I'm expecting a cookie from you when he actually gets announced.
I think I have a better chance of getting struck by lighting and getting run over by a herd of unicorns in 5 mins than hearing Ridley Jr get announced....

Could you quote the leak's details?
I can't access 4chan. :p
MEHHHH DOUBLE POST:
4chan said:
I managed to get some information about the new Smash Brothers game.
-Target release is in July after E3 2014.
-Game is near completion and ahead of schedule. All characters, stages, and items have been completed. There are no cuts.
-A demo has been planned for E3. It will include Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus. Battlefield will be the only available stage. Items are disabled.
-The official release date will be announced at E3.
-Ridley, Pac-Man, and Takamaru will be revealed at E3 to help create hype not only for Smash Bros but a new Metroid game, a new Pac-Man game, and a new Murasame Castle game.
-Ridley uses his design from Other M.
-Mii is another newcomer, but I do not know when he will be revealed, just not at E3.
-There will be unlockable costumes for the characters, such as Dr. Mario for Mario and Dark Samus for Samus.
-A new customization feature has been added, which will allow you to make your own costumes for your characters.
-The stage builder has been greatly improved on. 10 different themes/textures will come with the game. At least 5 will be series based and 3 will be original.
-As previously stated, there are no cuts so Snake will indeed return.
-He will revealed during a direct that will also announce a new Metal Gear Solid title for the Wii U.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Could you quote the leak's details?
I can't access 4chan. :p
I managed to get some information about the new Smash Brothers game.
-Target release is in July after E3 2014.
-Game is near completion and ahead of schedule. All characters, stages, and items have been completed. There are no cuts.
-A demo has been planned for E3. It will include Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus. Battlefield will be the only available stage. Items are disabled.
-The official release date will be announced at E3.
-Ridley, Pac-Man, and Takamaru will be revealed at E3 to help create hype not only for Smash Bros but a new Metroid game, a new Pac-Man game, and a new Murasame Castle game.
-Ridley uses his design from Other M.
-Mii is another newcomer, but I do not know when he will be revealed, just not at E3.
-There will be unlockable costumes for the characters, such as Dr. Mario for Mario and Dark Samus for Samus.
-A new customization feature has been added, which will allow you to make your own costumes for your characters.
-The stage builder has been greatly improved on. 10 different themes/textures will come with the game. At least 5 will be series based and 3 will be original.
-As previously stated, there are no cuts so Snake will indeed return.
-He will revealed during a direct that will also announce a new Metal Gear Solid title for the Wii U.
Aw, ninja'd.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh it's the same leak from before, :p
Very generic leak if you ask me.
And what you pointed out earlier, leads to this being fake.
Moving on then. :p
I suggest lurking for more leaks.

Last edited:

Reila

"A new Metal Gear Solid game will be announced for the Wii U". Sounds legit.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only factor that legitimately supports Snake getting in right now (and is keeping me from saying "he is not coming back. Not a chance") is the fact that Kojima and Sakurai are in fact, really good friends, and this was the only reason Snake ever was considered for Smash since Melee. There was no MGS title coming out for a Nintendo system when Brawl released. In fact, by including MGS4's "Theme of Love" in Brawl, Nintendo effectively advertised a flagship title for the PS3 that had yet to be released at the time, and that's not even mentioning the inclusion of Geckos on Shadow Moses Island. In fact, in MGS4, you do actually visit Shadow Moses Island at one point, and Metal Gear REX, RAY, and Geckos are all present. So in actuality, while most consider Shadow Moses Island a MGS Twin Snakes reference, it's Brawl portrayal links up more with the one in MGS4. And the only reason that could have happened is because Sakurai possibly wanted to help his friend by grabbing the attention of the Nintendo fanbase and getting them interested in his friend's game.

To our knowledge, there is nothing stopping Sakurai from putting Snake in again as a favour to his friend. Heck, maybe we will even see MGS5 content too.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Reposting this for great justice
I think the idea of Snake being cut is a complete myth perpetuated by Smash spectators only. That's how you can tell if a rumor is fake, especially if they say "he's on the chopping block due to rights issues."

In E3 Sakurai said there were no cuts at the time, meaning that Snake was still intended to be included at that time. If there was an issue with Konami, he would have been cut immediately. He's either in or out. There's no maybe.

His statement would imply that cuts would only be made for the sake of time or technical limitations. If they already jumped through the hoops to get and keep Snake, I doubt he'd be the first one to go. So honestly, I disregard any rumor that says Snake is cut (at this point, I'm starting to discredit rumors with any cuts).

Clamoring for cuts stems from Smash speculators' love of "muh patterns!" They are so obsessed with this idea that they forget that Brawl didn't have a single trash, throwaway character. Melee did, and in addition to Mewtwo, those were the ones that were cut. And we can see from the Brawl files that Mewtwo almost made it in.

If Sakurai really gets the enormous amount of development time that we think he'll get (and has already had, honestly) without wasting 60% of it on a single player mode, in addition to not having to build the engine and models from scratch, I'm having difficulty seeing why there needs to be any cuts.

Then again, you never know with Sakurai. Regardless, I think people should keep all this in mind when new rumors come up!
Sakurai also said here that They're not gonna cut characters, they're going to add as many as possible. He also mentions "in the event that we do have to cut characters" implying that the event has not yet happened. Snake is a character, so to not be "cut" then he would've had to be negotiated with Kojima when Sakurai got the other 3rd party rights for mega man and sonic.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Sakurai said here that They're not gonna cut characters, they're going to add as many as possible. He also mentions "in the event that we do have to cut characters" implying that the event has not yet happened. Snake is a character, so to not be "cut" then he would've had to be negotiated with Kojima when Sakurai got the other 3rd party rights for mega man and sonic.
Indeed it's all up to Kojima he wanted snake in brawl is how he got In. The first place but maybe one is enough for Kojima I mean snake is permanently locked in smash bros brawl

I can see less cuts than melee which is 5

3 sounds a good bet which are most likely in my opinion

Lucas Ike and snake (snake is only if Kojima saids one is enough)

suomynona

Banned via Warnings
So far everything has been dead, but I would like to clear up the pacman thing since I get messaged about it a lot. There was something about Pacman that Sakurai didn't like, which sounds like a move set problem, and he was taken out for the time being to be worked on. Now I'm about 90% sure they will still put him in the game, because he's pretty much done, but there is a chance he won't be. Mii, however, has no chance. It's not even being worked on from what he hears.

Something else I get asked a lot is about Takamaru so I thought I'd ask to see if he has heard anything on him. He pretty much just laughed. Apparently Takamaru comes up pretty often and whether or not he is in changes all of the time. He said usually when information is that conflicting it's usually just wishful thinking most of the time.

I haven't forgotten about you guys,it's just that the flow of informaton has pretty much died off for now. I'm waiting for the possible deconfirmation of an item, not even one that's a big deal, but so far that's about it lol. I'll keep you guys posted.

Sakurai said here that They're not gonna cut characters, they're going to add as many as possible. He also mentions "in the event that we do have to cut characters" implying that the event has not yet happened. Snake is a character, so to not be "cut" then he would've had to be negotiated with Kojima when Sakurai got the other 3rd party rights for mega man and sonic.
He also said they can't bring back every character and that he apologizes if a character gets cut. That is not 100% proof that no one is being cut, he just wishes that cuts wouldn't have to be made.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
So far everything has been dead, but I would like to clear up the pacman thing since I get messaged about it a lot. There was something about Pacman that Sakurai didn't like, which sounds like a move set problem, and he was taken out for the time being to be worked on. Now I'm about 90% sure they will still put him in the game, because he's pretty much done, but there is a chance he won't be. Mii, however, has no chance. It's not even being worked on from what he hears.

Something else I get asked a lot is about Takamaru so I thought I'd ask to see if he has heard anything on him. He pretty much just laughed. Apparently Takamaru comes up pretty often and whether or not he is in changes all of the time. He said usually when information is that conflicting it's usually just wishful thinking most of the time.

I haven't forgotten about you guys,it's just that the flow of informaton has pretty much died off for now. I'm waiting for the possible deconfirmation of an item, not even one that's a big deal, but so far that's about it lol. I'll keep you guys posted.
You're implying that characters are still being worked on when we are already in the balancing stage. You are BSing.

Gaxel

Smash Ace

He also said they can't bring back every character and that he apologizes if a character gets cut. That is not 100% proof that no one is being cut, he just wishes that cuts wouldn't have to be made.
How about your source provides us a little picture with Ridley or Palutena in it?

suomynona

Banned via Warnings
You're implying that characters are still being worked on when we are already in the balancing stage. You are BSing.
Unless it's a character that has already been worked on and balanced ;P

For all I know, that info could be old. Pacman could already be in the game or scrapped at this point.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
"A new Metal Gear Solid game will be announced for the Wii U". Sounds legit.
I wish said game is real and it is MGS5 like the other consoles are getting and not a HD remake of an old MGS game.

suomynona

Banned via Warnings
How about your source provides us a little picture with Ridley or Palutena in it?
I would love that too, but unless he gets a picture from someone he knows, he's not in that kind of position. I don't have friends who work for namco unfortunately.

Reila

I wish said game is real and it is MGS5 like the other consoles are getting and not a HD remake of an old MGS game.
Seeing that Konami/Kojima keep belittling the Xbox One version of MGS5 (or Ground Zeroes, whatever) because it isn't as "pretty" as the PS4 version, I really doubt a version of MGS5 for the Wii U would be a thing. Still, for the sake of Nintendo selling more Wii U units, I wish the said game was real too. The Metal Gear Solid franchise is a big system seller.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Look over my whole post more thoroughly. Sakurai has not cut anyone yet, and not having cut anyone requires him having the rights to everyone, and having the rights to a 3rd party character means that they're not cut. There's a contract to go with these things and it would be breaching contract to just cut snake due to time constraints.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Unless it's a character that has already been worked on and balanced ;P

For all I know, that info could be old. Pacman could already be in the game or scrapped at this point.
Another thing, how could Takamaru be in or out all the time? they either decided to add him pre dev or decided not to. There is no back and forth.

suomynona

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
Look over my whole post more thoroughly. Sakurai has not cut anyone yet, and not having cut anyone requires him having the rights to everyone, and having the rights to a 3rd party character means that they're not cut. There's a contract to go with these things and it would be breaching contract to just cut snake due to time constraints.
But how long is that contract valid for? I sure don't know the answer

Another thing, how could Takamaru be in or out all the time? they either decided to add him pre dev or decided not to. There is no back and forth.
It's not that he's in and out all the time, it's that we don't know if he is in. The information he is getting is conflicting with some saying he is in and some saying he isn't or they don't know. He could very well be a character.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's not that he's in and out all the time, it's that we don't know if he is in. The information he is getting is conflicting with some saying he is in and some saying he isn't or they don't know. He could very well be a character.
Wait what transformation what?

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I think the only thing I want to know is, from your sources, is Ridley in and what design does he use?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
But how long is that contract valid for? I sure don't know the answer
The contract is likely valid for at least one smash bros game. That's why Sakurai went and renewed the contracts for sonic and presumably snake pre e3, as well as getting a new contract for mega man.

Last edited:

suomynona

Banned via Warnings
The contract is likely valid for at least one smash bros game. That's why Sakurai went and renewed the contracts for sonic and presumably snake pre e3, as well as getting a new contract for mega man.
So you don't know if snake is staying you are just presuming that sakurai renewed his contract? I don't think that confirms him in the slightest.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
So you don't know if snake is staying you are just presuming that sakurai renewed his contract? I don't think that confirms him in the slightest.
What confirms snake has already been stated.

"In E3 Sakurai said there were no cuts at the time, meaning that Snake was still intended to be included at that time. If there was an issue with Konami, he would have been cut immediately. He's either in or out. There's no maybe."

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
By the as for his post about diddy kong not being in the direct rumor

It might be just from knowledge

When I first saw the sakurai tweet about the direct and recalling hi tweet about the other 2 directs earlier (which is sonic and rosalina) but not luigi (he tweeted the direct with sonic and rosalina which had trailers) luigi did not

So I thought I thought ok I think we are getting the next newcomer not diddy kong and then turn out to be right with little mac

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Am I understanding this correctly, your source is getting his info from multiple people? Otherwise I don't see how there is a conflict.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

At this point, I don't care so much about new info, but I would love elaboration on what you've already shared. How on earth are characters still in states of limbo at this point where they can be casually added or dropped as needed? That's ridiculously odd. How does your source know what Sakurai wants (about Pacman)? What do you mean that Takamaru "comes up pretty often"? Your source's info may be outdated? How are you connected to him and when did you get the info, and what about that makes you think it could be outdated? You first mentioned that you're unsure about Pacman, now you're saying you're 90% sure he's in, so it has to have been recent.

EDIT: It sounds like your source is hearing things from multiple people, then passing it onto you as one collective info dump.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Although contracts are an issue, I reckon Snake and Sonic are easy to acquire for Sakurai at this point (in fact, unless Sega had a legit falling out with Nintendo, I expect Sonic to be a guaranteed inclusion in all future games). Sonic because of how good a relationship that franchise (and Sega in general) have with Nintendo, and Snake because Sakurai is best friends with the MGS franchise's head honcho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom