• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, tomorrow is the day we find out how legitimate this source is. From our source has heard, Diddy WILL NOT be revealed tomorrow like most a speculating. Either way this goes down, some leaks will be dead come tomorrow.

Edit: If you guys are interested in this at all, maybe I should get a pic to make me more recognizable?
Here it is, it's not that hard to find this stuff guys. Lol

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
A troll for seeing reality? Give me a break. There is a major software drought that was promised to not happen like 2013, 3rd parties literally don't exist on the Wii U at this point.

On top of that, will the current install base make up for the millions going into the advertising? Mario 3D World didn't even meet expectations and it was a holiday title.

There was a NeoGAF source that said they were shooting for a Spring release with this game. Though I'm sure they won't make that, to assume a 2015 delay or to assume it's not that bad, you literally cannot be saved from your foolishness.
the same user also said he source seen some more characters, I am to believe it was the leaky 3 that his source seen, which is why the e3 rumor thought they be revealed at e3 it all makes since

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
The suomynona guy only made like 20 posts, just either go to his profile and check all his posts or search the forum for all posts made by suomynona

andimidna

Smash Master

If Fire Emblem gets 4 reps, I was thinking Lyn (who was also an assist trophy in Brawl), could be the 4th rep, since she was the 1st female protagonist in the Fire Emblem series to be a major character.
I used to want Lyn as the 4th. She is the most unique lord for sure. But, her one game was before Brawl, which gave her the one FE assist slot. Her game was the best selling at the time and was the first worldwide, but has now been out-sold by Awakening and there are now many worldwide games. I still think they should have put her in Brawl... but she is a sword wielder just like the other lords... and I think we have good lord representation... as weird as that may sound.
I really like the idea of Chrom and Lucina together so there can be a playable sword team. And Anna and Tiki have had many appearances since Brawl, Anna being in every game except FE2, and Tiki having a prominent role in Shadow Dragon, and both having prominent, playable (which is a first for Anna) roles in Awakening. And Awakening is the **** right now, I mean, it saved the series! :D
My ideal FE roster is
Marth
Ike
Robin
Chrom and Lucina
Anna and Tiki
But... 5 is too much, as that would be putting it equal to Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon (assuming there are no new Mario characters, there is finally a Zelda newcomer, and Pokemon gets Brawl+Mewtwo).
But as a series centered around fighting with a large cast of characters, there are so many to pull from, so I think it could get more representation that at first thought most would consider it deserves compared to other series, it's a similar situation to Pokemon.
I advocate for the selection:
Marth
Ike
Chrom and Lucina
Anna and Tiki
64- 1 considered, Melee- 2, Brawl- supposed to be 3, Smash 4- Possibly 4?
When I'd hope they'd get confirmed: (I say around because they're weekends)
Ike- around February 22nd, Radiant Dawn was released this day in Japan 7 years ago.
Chrom and Lucina- around April 20th, Awakening was released this day in Japan 1 year ago and it is Lucina's b-day.
Anna and Tiki- at E3, they didn't have reasons to announce the characters they announced last E3, but June 11th is Anna's b-day, and this would look great after finally getting a new trailer for the FE crossover with SMT, it's not like we've never seen FE stuff at E3. A lot of FE games have been shown at E3... and Anna is always in them!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I used to want Lyn as the 4th. She is the most unique lord for sure. But, her one game was before Brawl, which gave her the one FE assist slot. Her game was the best selling at the time and was the first worldwide, but has now been out-sold by Awakening and there are now many worldwide games. I still think they should have put her in Brawl... but she is a sword wielder just like the other lords... and I think we have good lord representation... as weird as that may sound.
I really like the idea of Chrom and Lucina together so there can be a playable sword team. And Anna and Tiki have had many appearances since Brawl, Anna being in every game except FE2, and Tiki having a prominent role in Shadow Dragon, and both having prominent, playable (which is a first for Anna) roles in Awakening. And Awakening is the **** right now, I mean, it saved the series! :D
My ideal FE roster is
Marth
Ike
Robin
Chrom and Lucina
Anna and Tiki
But... 5 is too much, as that would be putting it equal to Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon (assuming there are no new Mario characters, there is finally a Zelda newcomer, and Pokemon gets Brawl+Mewtwo).
But as a series centered around fighting with a large cast of characters, there are so many to pull from, so I think it could get more representation that at first thought most would consider it deserves compared to other series, it's a similar situation to Pokemon.
I advocate for the selection:
Marth
Ike
Chrom and Lucina
Anna and Tiki
64- 1 considered, Melee- 2, Brawl- supposed to be 3, Smash 4- Possibly 4?
When I'd hope they'd get confirmed: (I say around because they're weekends)
Ike- around February 22nd, Radiant Dawn was released this day in Japan 7 years ago.
Chrom and Lucina- around April 20th, Awakening was released this day in Japan 1 year ago and it is Lucina's b-day.
Anna and Tiki- at E3, they didn't have reasons to announce the characters they announced last E3, but June 11th is Anna's b-day, and this would look great after finally getting a new trailer for the FE crossover with SMT, it's not like we've never seen FE stuff at E3. A lot of FE games have been shown at E3... and Anna is always in them!
If Chrom gets paired up with Lucina, wouldn't that give FE 5 reps? (that's if 2-in-1 characters are taken separately, or would they literarily be the 4th rep combined?)

Also Pokémon is bound to get a 5th rep (Mewtwo being the obvious choice, since he recently was in a movie, and is going to be in the next movie due out this Summer in Japan (1 month after E3 occurs).

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Again, your points are faulty and lack substance. Your saying that "You assumptions are wrong because you can't prove anything." You forget we are talking about rumors here. Nothing is going to be concrete. The stance you are taking is that I have to give you 5 source documents and witness testimony or I'm wrong. It's simple
  • The guy had only posted the characters as a prediction. He never said anything about a source until after. He claims he didn't say he knew anything because "I wasn't sure if I could trust the source." This is not standard industry practice.
  • He specifically claims they were to be shown at E3. They weren't.
Already, the leak has major hole in it and it doesn't help that we have Rosalina in between. Again, the issue you are missing is you don't understand the logic behind the assumptions. You think that by throwing random questions out, you can dismantile the assumption. To be clear, here it is again.
  1. The leak would likely either come from a person working on the game or someone working on E3
  2. If someone was working on development, it wouldn't make sense that their info would be E3 specific and they would know more anyway
  3. The information was specific to the E3 event. As such, the most likely conclusion was that, if real, that he got info from someone working at E3.
So on to Mac's stage. They guy's source was likely from the E3 event. Thus, someone before the event gave him the info but the presentation was changed at a later date. The reason the former is importaint is this. The stage's development is outside the realm for an E3 worker. Now, the stage started life as a "Smash" stage. When Mac was shown, the stage converted to Punch-Out. If the E3 event was changed and the other three weren't shown, then the stage would have just not been shown. But it was. The Wii Fit and Megaman stages were not shown until the specific trailer was shown. So the Punch Out stage would have just as easily been the same way. But it was shown with Smash info. Again, the creation and development of the stages is done in Japan by the team working on the game. It wouldn't make sense to totally change the stage because they didn't want to show Mac at E3. That would be a lot of work for something so small. But for some reason, the stage was shown before Mac. What this suggest is that the idea was to always show the stage before Mac. And, as a result, the E3 leak is wrong. It is wrong because if the intention was to not show Mac at E3, then Sal's information never existed.

I laid the idea pretty simply. Your post are not trying to fight the idea but just try to shed doubt because I don't know all the ins and outs. In truth, either the information would not be available or it wouldn't matter anyway. I reached this conclusion with logical conclusions. Again. It makes sense that the leak had to come from someone inside E3. The stage was done in Japan, and would not be known by someone working at the E3 staff. If the stage started as a Smash stage and later changed, it means the decision was made in Japan to show it and not Mac. Thus, Mac was never planed to be at E3. Thus, the leak is false.

If you stop, I really don't care.

You did prove my point though. You questioned by "love" for Mii and Pac-Man shows they you do like them and it's why you are defending them.

There was no "leak" for UMvC3. Capcom has all the characters on the website. All someone did was right-click, view page source.
If i could quote and like this 100 times I would.

andimidna

Smash Master
If Chrom gets paired up with Lucina, wouldn't that give FE 5 reps? (that's if 2-in-1 characters are taken separately, or would they literarily be the 4th rep combined?)

Also Pokémon is bound to get a 5th rep (Mewtwo being the obvious choice, since he recently was in a movie, and is going to be in the next movie due out this Summer in Japan (1 month after E3 occurs).
Well... Luma doesn't count as a 6th Mario rep, so I like to think Lucina and Tiki wouldn't push the FE roster to 6 characters. I mean... who has ever said we have 2 Ice Climber reps? I count by slots, it's much simpler and more concrete. There are no exceptions and special rules if you just measure by character slots. (AKA not counting the Random slot as a 36th character, and not counting Sheik or Luma as a 5th or 6th rep for Zelda and Mario)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Well... Luma doesn't count as a 6th Mario rep, so I like to think Lucina and Tiki wouldn't push the FE roster to 6 characters. I mean... who has ever said we have 2 Ice Climber reps? I count by slots, it's much simpler and more concrete. There are no exceptions and special rules if you just measure by character slots. (AKA not counting the Random slot as a 36th character, and not counting Sheik or Luma as a 5th or 6th rep for Zelda and Mario)
I agree, I just kinda thought 2 people in a team sharing a slot together would up the roster count, so we treat team based characters as if they were separate characters, (so Pokémon still had 4 reps in Brawl, but according to SmashWiki (even tho it's not really true Pokémon had 6 reps since they count Pokémon Trainer's 3 Pokémon as separate characters).

Last edited:

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
In general I think we should take the Suomynona leak with a grain of salt. Saying that Diddy wouldn't be revealed may have just been a gamble he made to be different and get our attention if he got lucky. While he did end up being right, before the Nintendo Direct reveal at that, I would say it only keeps him under the watch carefully category rather than being credible.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Hell, I didn't feel like we'd get Diddy during the Direct. I even think I posted somewhere here saying that we probably wouldn't in a joking manner, which ended up being the case.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Does anyone think the ErenJager "leak" should be moved to the OP? Not because it's believable (which I don't think it is; I mean, he doesn't even describe the stage he supposedly played on) but because it can't be disproven yet.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
So... if the leaky 3 is true and Pac-Man was in Smash, what do you think his moveset would be?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
He hasn't responded to anyone's questions. He basically dropped it and left. He should take the time to answer questions if he's going to be believable.
Does anyone think the ErenJager "leak" should be moved to the OP? Not because it's believable (which I don't think it is; I mean, he doesn't even describe the stage he supposedly played on) but because it can't be disproven yet.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
He hasn't responded to anyone's questions. He basically dropped it and left. He should take the time to answer questions if he's going to be believable.
I agree with statement but also there is a possibily Eren doesn't know any info besides the stuff he has leaked..

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I agree with statement but also there is a possibily Eren doesn't know any info besides the stuff he has leaked..
Ok but when he was asked questions about why he played the game and what connection he has with Nintendo he said nothing... We shouldn't even waste our time. No one even asked him about the game we asked him why he played it. He couldn't even answer a simple question. There's no way that its real.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Ok but when he was asked questions about why he played the game and what connection he has with Nintendo he said nothing... We shouldn't even waste our time. No one even asked him about the game we asked him why he played it. He couldn't even answer a simple question. There's no way that its real.
Weren't the leakers of brawl's time a little more vocal compared to this guy? Like how Nya was so keen on getting people to believe her (I would be to if I had real information nobody believed) I really don't like this leak because of Palutena but I don't want that to hinder my actual view on it.

And will the ND no Diddy leaker be added to the OP? He hasn't gotten on since people started calling him a fibber, but it hasn't been necessarily debunked right?

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
True it is very likely to be fake but..at the same time i have a feeling it will be real..

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Here is ErenJager's leak, for anyone that missed it:
Hey, long time viewer of Smash Boards, first time poster.
Just going to pass along some information, after playing a demo of Smash Bros.

The demo didn't have all the characters couldn't play as Rosalina or Lucario it was very confined and limited, the reps reassured me that it was a very small sample of the game.

I played as Mega Man against my brother who was Villager on 3DS's.
Mega Man's final smash uses Rush Armor Upgrade, Villager uses bee's.
We used a couple of assist trophies during the match, Waluigi and Skull Kid.
Waluigi does pretty much the same thing as he did in brawl, and Skull Kid is basically Snorlax with a moon.
At the end of the session, other people playing the demo said they got Paletuna as an assist trophy, but I never saw her.

Sorry was planning on taking a few pictures, but they had a no picture policy, they asked everyone to either put their cell phones to the side of the room on the window ledge, or keep them in our pockets. One guy took his phone out and tried to take a picture and they weren't rude or anything to him but they got kinda up close to him and quickly said "hey no pictures", and they quickly made him show he hadn't taken a picture yet and had to put his phone on the ledge.
I don't believe it, but I appreciate the ideas for Mega Man and Villager's Final Smashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom