• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I believe we will see something to celebrate Japan's release of DKC:TF but the only way I can see a newcomer is by a trailer. All newcomers (plus Sonic) have had their own trailer, specifically on Nintendo Directs. If we're just getting a picture for Japan's DKC:TF day, I can see Diddy Kong. For Dixie Kong or King K. Rool: trailer only if you ask me.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Not sure who posted this in the old thread but
''You can tell it's the real roster because everybody hates it.''
Everybody hates the ''No K.Rool or Ridley'' rumor.

Just my two cents.
Also, I've NEVER seen an actual troll roster leak that was made in an attempt to be taken seriously. Some of these that don't include Ridley or Rool also include characters that people mostly don't give a damn about to make up for them, if it was a true fan roster we'd see Shulk or maybe Isaac or somebody else that would at least make some kind of sense. I'm pretty much convinced that Mii and Pac-Man are in, though Namco should have just bit the bullet and chosen Klonoa, he would at least be guaranteed to not look stupid in his appearance. I also count characters like Rosalina as one's that people don't significantly care about, not saying I hate her, but many people seemed to either meh her appearance or get mad that she "took the place" of some other Mario character.

People should know better by now. Being as realistic as you possibly can. Do you really think Nintendo would not try to add Mii's in this? It works, we have Game and Watch, the Mii would basically be a custom Game and Watch character. It's an easy addition and it's higher-up friendly. Who's going to stomp their feet and call Sakurai a moron this time?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I have this feeling that if we dont see Diddy next friday, then were gonna get a Diddy Dixie tag team.

I also have a feeling were getting a direct next week, and there will be a DK newcomer announced. It could be Dixie or K Rool or a Diddy/Dixie tag team, but IMO, a DK newcomer is almost a guarantee.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not when the two characters are nothing alike, and the former is infinitely less interesting than the latter in every possible way, no.

D

Deleted member

There are several unrevealed items and stages. From New Super Mario Bros. 2, there is a new Golden Mushroom item that turns the receiver gold. Love-love stick, Monado, Ice Flower, and Proto Sheild are in as well.

The entire list of remaining NEWCOMERS is:
Hyrule Godesses (switch-out trio of Din, Nayru, and Farore.)
This leak is fake.

Ignoring the stupidity of making Little Mac a Captain Falcon clone and choosing Galacta Knight over Bandana Dee, these two things immediately made me think that this leak was poorly made.

1. The Monado CAN'T be an item. For those who haven't played Xenoblade, the Monado is a sword that can properly be used by Shulk only as he was able to control it. Not only would making it an item devalue a weapon like this, but it would also contradict everything from Xenoblade. It would be like making the Master Sword an item.

2. Who the heck asked for the Hylian Goddesses? We've never even seen Din, Nayru, or Farore before and there are a ton of better Zelda characters (like Vaati and Ghirahim), so why choose the Goddesses over them?

This is just a poor, rubbish leak…

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
Was this brought here by any chance?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68518730

I have a huge leak regarding this game, which I made this new account to specifically share with you. I got this info from a close friend who knows several people working on the game.

There are several unrevealed items and stages. From New Super Mario Bros. 2, there is a new Golden Mushroom item that turns the receiver gold. Love-love stick, Monado, Ice Flower, and Proto Sheild are in as well.

There are a couple of new stages, including Another Dimension, Chaos Theatre, Popples Islands, Lightning (F-Zero), Planet Wisp, NES Pinball, and Murasame Castle.

All veterans return except for Snake.

Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Pokemon Trainer return.

Many unrevealed assist trophies and Pokeball summons exist. These include Dixie Kong, Dillon, T-Rex (Fossil Fighters), Wrestler (Rhythm Heaven), Quick Man, Eggplant Wizard, Yveltal, Chesnaught, Floette, Doublade, Genesect, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

The entire list of remaining NEWCOMERS is:
Lucina
Takamaru
Little Mac
King K. Rool
Palutena
Pac-Man
Galacta Knight
Hyrule Godesses (switch-out trio of Din, Nayru, and Farore.)

The only copy-pasted newcomers are Lucina (Marth), Takamaru (faster Ike), and Little Mac (Captain Falcon).

Mii Mode is a new battle mode. It is a special mode where you set your Mii up with other fighter's attacks. However, no other characters can be fought in this mode, and the Mii can not be used outside of this mode.

Now I'm going to leave this info here, but I can't answer any questions. I know you will call me a troll, or say this info is fake. But I guarantee you will see how true it is when more info is officially revealed.
My BS senses are tingling! Especially with the two last newcomers and clone list.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
This leak is fake.

Ignoring the stupidity of making Little Mac a Captain Falcon clone and choosing Galacta Knight over Bandana Dee, these two things immediately made me think that this leak was poorly made.

1. The Monado CAN'T be an item. For those who haven't played Xenoblade, the Monado is a sword that can properly be used by Shulk only as he was able to control it. Not only would making it an item devalue a weapon like this, but it would also contradict everything from Xenoblade. It would be like making the Master Sword an item.

2. Who the heck asked for the Hylian Goddesses? We've never even seen Din, Nayru, or Farore before and there are a ton of better Zelda characters (like Vaati and Ghirahim), so why choose the Goddesses over them?

This is just a poor, rubbish leak…
To be fair, franklin badges only reflected lighting in Mother and nobody asked for ROB or WFT.

Staarih

Smash Master
Maybe we'll get a Direct for the same day as Tropical Freeze launches and it'll reveal both Diddy and Dixie, and everyone will lose their minds, whether they be a pair character or separate ones :grin:

...but seriously though, I don't see them pairing Diddy with Dixie anymore even if that was the initial plan. Diddy is good on his own and I think Dixie would work on her own as well and make a good new DK rep (King K. Rool would be best though).

D

Deleted member

To be fair, franklin badges only reflected lighting in Mother and nobody asked for ROB or WFT.
The Monado can create shields, make characters move faster, create a cyclone, and a few other abilities. At least the Franklin Badge is somewhat faithful to the Mother games by being a reflector.

While that is true, they do have a purpose to Nintendo to warrant a spot on the roster. R.O.B. saved video games and the Wii Fit Trainer represents both the casual market and a very successful game on the Wii. The Hylian Goddesses have no reason to be in Smash… especially when they don't have a real physical form.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The Monado can create shields, make characters move faster, create a cyclone, and a few other abilities. At least the Franklin Badge is somewhat faithful to the Mother games by being a reflector.

While that is true, they do have a purpose to Nintendo to warrant a spot on the roster. R.O.B. saved video games and the Wii Fit Trainer represents both the casual market and a very successful game on the Wii. The Hylian Goddesses have no reason to be in Smash… especially when they don't have a real physical form.
That, and they're pretty much represented in Zelda's moveset

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Doubt we'll get two AC playable characters the first time around, but that's admittedly not based on much. I would be very happy having him as an assist trophy though.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
There's a number of ways things can go down. Let's just say for the sake of argument there is a Direct next week.

One way is just a simple announcement for Diddy (alone and not with Dixie) for the occasion like Sonic and Luigi.

But it could be a newcomer for the DK series such as Dixie with or without Diddy, or, of course, K. Rool (or Cranky?).

Or, just to throw off our expectations, a completely different newcomer (I doubt a non DK veteran would be shown during a Direct showcasing a specific game).

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Doubt we'll get two AC playable characters the first time around, but that's admittedly not based on much. I would be very happy having him as an assist trophy though.
We got two fire emblem characters the first time around.

Also, the Hylian Goddesses just sounds like a really dumb idea.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246

That's why I said the idea that we won't get two is admittedly not based on much...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Yeah but Roy was a clone. But AC deserves two characters for being dismissed for playable status for so long. So he may go with two charactersm ust depends if Sakurai is interested in Tom Nook right now. Based on the fact he's not even in the background in Smashville leads me to Tom Nook having a much bigger role in Smash.

Wow what a taste of my own meds.

I don't know. Something with bells (He throws them at opponents), furniture (He drops a leaf on the ground and it grows when he presses down b again), slingshot, I don't know.
Tanooki Mario powers. :cool:

Last edited:

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
None of you understand the immense amount of pride and joy I feel for being the first one here noticing that Tom Nook hasnt been seen in any AC stage backgrounds

None of you

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
None of you understand the immense amount of pride and joy I feel for being the first one here noticing that Tom Nook hasnt been seen in any AC stage backgrounds

None of you
Actually I noticed too, but everyone else doesn't give a nit and and go back to supporting popular characters anyways and say it doesn't mean anything, while everyone is assuming Ridley is confirmed because Mother Brain is an AT. :awesome:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah but Roy was a clone. But AC deserves two characters for being dismissed for playable status for so long. So he may go with two charactersm ust depends if Sakurai is interested in Tom Nook right now. Based on the fact he's not even in the background in Smashville leads me to Tom Nook having a much bigger role in Smash.

Tanooki Mario powers. :cool:
throws furniture, uses the garden shop items, his nephews, bells and his tail. I hope he works like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpfO862Wf94

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I've received some information regarding Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. I know all characters, and a few items, stages, modes, and pokeball pokemon.
*Everyone returns! This is excludes Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link, Jigglypuff, and Snake.
*Charizard has branched out into his own fighter.
*The Pokemon Trainer naturally has new fighters. His name is undecided, between variations of Pokemon Trainer and Eevee Trainer. His new pokemon are Sylveon, Leafeon, and Vaporean.
*Sylveon absorbs Jigglypuff's moveset primarily, except for Rollout, which is replaced by Fairy Wind (similar to Link's tornado boomerangs).
*Vaporean takes most of Squirtle's moveset, except Water gun is replaced by Scald (it does damage now) and Withdraw is replaced by a spin attack similar to Mario Tornado
*Leafeon inherits nothing from Ivysaur, instead getting a unique moveset. She does shoot thorns similar to Fox's ray gun, (her neutral special move), but faster. Her up special is Magical Leaf, shooting out a string of leaves upwards. Her side special is Leaf Blade, where she dashes forwards with a transparent green blade.
*Mewtwo returns with an unaltered moveset (
) and doesn't appear to be buffed from Melee.
*Shoo-ins Takamaru, Palutena, Little Mac, and Dixie Kong are in.
*Shulk and Lucina are the other two newcomers.
*Most major games from this generation have a stage.
*The only returning stages not announced are Pokemon Stadium 2 and Yoshi's Island.
*There is a story mode, but it is more like Melee's Adventure mode with a little story tacked on.
*Serperior, the X and Y legendaries, Reshram and Zekram are some of the Pokeball Pokemon that are new.
*Home-run contest, break the targets, and events return (events are Wii U exclusive).
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1977291-super-smash-bros-news/

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I actually like the idea of Eevee Evolutions in Smash. I've always said her evolutions had a lot of potential to be fighters in Smash.

D

Deleted member

"Everyone returns! But this excludes *list of characters*."

Wut?

Last edited by a moderator:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
The Eevee trainer makes no damn sense at all. And events being Wii U exclusive when, if anything, 3DS needs the extra single player content, would just be the dumbest thing they could do with events.

But at the same time, nothing looks stupid enough to make me forget Shulk being in, so I'd be relatively okay with that leak being true >.> Of course I don't believe it.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
He says Takamaru plays like Marth. There is no way Sakurai could play through Murasame and give him ONLY sword based moves. The hell is this rumor talking about?

I can accept snake coming back, but pichu, young link and dr.mario are a little too much. And Sakurai already said that doesn't want clones anymore, and bring back those who got cut because were clones is just stupid.
He said those guys were NOT coming back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom