• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Little Mac as a Captain Falcon clone?!?

I can't even find a good video to express my laughter.

Do people even try anymore? Whoa man. Whoa.

kylexv

Smash Master
Was this brought here by any chance?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68518730

I have a huge leak regarding this game, which I made this new account to specifically share with you. I got this info from a close friend who knows several people working on the game.

There are several unrevealed items and stages. From New Super Mario Bros. 2, there is a new Golden Mushroom item that turns the receiver gold. Love-love stick, Monado, Ice Flower, and Proto Sheild are in as well.

There are a couple of new stages, including Another Dimension, Chaos Theatre, Popples Islands, Lightning (F-Zero), Planet Wisp, NES Pinball, and Murasame Castle.

All veterans return except for Snake.

Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Pokemon Trainer return.

Many unrevealed assist trophies and Pokeball summons exist. These include Dixie Kong, Dillon, T-Rex (Fossil Fighters), Wrestler (Rhythm Heaven), Quick Man, Eggplant Wizard, Yveltal, Chesnaught, Floette, Doublade, Genesect, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

The entire list of remaining NEWCOMERS is:
Lucina
Takamaru
Little Mac
King K. Rool
Palutena
Pac-Man
Galacta Knight
Hyrule Godesses (switch-out trio of Din, Nayru, and Farore.)

The only copy-pasted newcomers are Lucina (Marth), Takamaru (faster Ike), and Little Mac (Captain Falcon).

Mii Mode is a new battle mode. It is a special mode where you set your Mii up with other fighter's attacks. However, no other characters can be fought in this mode, and the Mii can not be used outside of this mode.

Now I'm going to leave this info here, but I can't answer any questions. I know you will call me a troll, or say this info is fake. But I guarantee you will see how true it is when more info is officially revealed.
This is how I feel about leaks. Any leak is possible in the final product (Unless Goku, Master Cheif, etc. are in the leak.) Sakurai is very unpredictable. Take all leaks as a grain of salt. Then again, Little Mac being a Falcon Clone is stupid, imo.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Rereading that "leak" he says the Golden Mushroom turns the player gold. If he actually played New Super Mario Bros. 2, he would know that Golden Mushroom gave the player 50 coins (100 if you have the Gold power-up) and that the Gold FLOWER will turn the player gold.

Dumb***.

Last edited:

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
hyrule godesses....i rly don't think so
then what'd be the point of zelda having her moves at all?
and I highly doubt sakurai couldn't think of a better moveset for little mac (mb the guy was talking about playstyle, but still no)

D

Deleted member

I have a huge leak regarding this game, which I made this new account to specifically share with you. I got this info from a close friend who knows several people working on the game.

There are several unrevealed items and stages. From New Super Mario Bros. 2, there is a new Golden Mushroom item that turns the receiver gold. Love-love stick, Monado, Ice Flower, and Proto Sheild are in as well.

There are a couple of new stages, including Another Dimension, Chaos Theatre, Popples Islands, Lightning (F-Zero), Planet Wisp, NES Pinball, and Murasame Castle.

Many unrevealed assist trophies and Pokeball summons exist. These include Dixie Kong, Dillon, T-Rex (Fossil Fighters), Wrestler (Rhythm Heaven), Quick Man, Eggplant Wizard, Yveltal, Chesnaught, Floette, Doublade, Genesect, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

Lucina
Takamaru
Little Mac
King K. Rool
Palutena
Pac-Man
Galacta Knight

The only copy-pasted newcomers are Lucina (Marth), Takamaru (faster Ike), and Little Mac (Captain Falcon).

Mii Mode is a new battle mode. It is a special mode where you set your Mii up with other fighter's attacks. However, no other characters can be fought in this mode, and the Mii can not be used outside of this mode.

Now I'm going to leave this info here, but I can't answer any questions. I know you will call me a troll, or say this info is fake. But I guarantee you will see how true it is when more info is officially revealed.
:lol at Little Mac being a Captain Falcon clone. That, no... thats not possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Lol. Come on, now. If you're going to make a 'leak', you at least need to try harder than that.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So we're supposed to believe that three newcomers are clones...and Galacta Knight isn't one of them?
Plus Hyrule Goddesses? Well, I mean, it'd be a good way to include more women, I suppose...and give Palutena someone to fight/have a rivalry with. But they've never had as big a role as Palutena has, and there are still better choices within the Zelda series.

Mii Battle actually sounds kinda interesting though, and would be better than actually having Miis as playable characters in the main roster.

D

Deleted member

Another thing to note, he's basically saying Takamaru is a fast heavy hitter, same with Little Mac.

That's just dumb. Balancing would be thrown out the window like it never existed in the first place.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Okay so we got the arena where ridley fights. We got the arena where palutena fights. We got the arena where little mac fights. Is this a setup for something?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still don't think we have proof the ring is a Punch-Out!! stage (for starters, I don't see the word/logo WVBA anywhere).

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Brawl had a Fire Emblem stage on the debut trailer and they didn't do such thing.
Fire Emblem was already represented in Smash. Also notice that it wasn't specifically Ike's stage or something.

Punch-Out!! has no representation at all, so having WVBA plastered all over everything would be a dead giveaway that Little Mac is probably in the game. Nevertheless, many others have pointed out that it shares many similarities with the WVBA rings, including a similar logo.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Lucina
Takamaru
Little Mac
King K. Rool
Palutena
Pac-Man
Galacta Knight

I find that difficult to believe and I'm sure Little Mac can't do a Falcon kick.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Fire Emblem was already represented in Smash. Also notice that it wasn't specifically Ike's stage or something.

Punch-Out!! has no representation at all, so having WVBA plastered all over everything would be a dead giveaway that Little Mac is probably in the game. Nevertheless, many others have pointed out that it shares many similarities with the WVBA rings, including a similar logo.
Dead giveaway? A similar thing was said when Smashville was revealed in Brawl and look how that ended. I'm not saying Little Mac has no chance but you can't call it a Punch-Out!! stage if there are no familiar PO characters or the words WVBA. Punch-Out!! didn't originate the boxing ring if you forgot.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I find that difficult to believe and I'm sure Little Mac can't do a Falcon kick.
Theyll just call it a Falcon Punch....

... oh wait....

In all seriousness, Mac as a Cpt Falcon clone does not make sense. Falcon actually kicks more than he punches.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Dead giveaway? A similar thing was said when Smashville was revealed in Brawl and look how that ended. I'm not saying Little Mac has no chance but you can't call it a Punch-Out!! stage if there are no familiar PO characters or the words WVBA. Punch-Out!! didn't originate the boxing ring if you forgot.
Well yeah, Smashville was a weird thing, and you make a good point. I'm not trying to claim it's definitely a Punch-Out!! stage, but personally I believe it is. There's more hints towards it for me than against it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I love this post by ChaosZero back from before Brawl in that old thread.

Anyhow, please. Stop arguing. I know that you can't trust me, because I'm just some random faceless "prophet" from the internet. I get it. However, you really have to stretch reason to believe that the dragoon parts was just a guess.

If you think I got one piece of info, and made up the rest; that's your prerogative. Time will prove everything true or false, anyway.

But it seems people are disavowing the rest of the knowledge because they're being childish.

"NO WAY LUCARIO COULD REPLACE MEWTWO, LUCARIO IS AN IDIOT DOG DUMBTARD!"

"Ness? Back in? Are you a fu***** ******? The site said 'UP UNTIL NOW,' moron."

"LOLOL WOLF? He's not even original! Krystal because she's so fu***** hawt!!!!"

"Ganondorf returning? Well DUH, CHAOSZERO. Even my aborted to-be little sister could've guessed that one!"
You could pretty much insert Wii Fit Trainer where he says Dragoon Parts and still have this apply today.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think what made it a confusing leak was the removal of Mewtwo, which caused so much controversy.
If there is a big cut, don't let it get to you to leaning towards fake.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I think what made it a confusing leak was the removal of Mewtwo, which caused so much controversy.
If there is a big cut, don't let it get to you to leaning towards fake.
With Toon Link back I'm finding it hard to believe that anyone from Brawl will be cut by this point. But your point is still valid nonetheless.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
With Toon Link back I'm finding it hard to believe that anyone from Brawl will be cut by this point. But your point is still valid nonetheless.
Jigglypuff got in over Mewtwo, which was borderline unbelievable. Anything can happen.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I said this before but man the Dojo was so much more informative than what we're getting now. Back then we would get updates on:

Characters
How to Play
Game Modes
Stages
Items
Music

I mean. Look at some of these updates. They are chock full of information and images illustrating whatever he was posting about.

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_uk/gamemode/modea/modea01.html

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_uk/stages/stage02.html

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_uk/items/item03.html

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_uk/music/music05.html

These days we just get tiny bits of info usually between characters, items, or stages with the occasional post about gameplay. Don't get me wrong I do like Sakurai's MiiVerse posts and the new smashbros website. It's just the Dojo really spoiled me. I'm hardly as excited for an update as I was back then.

I only say this because I feel like were clamoring for rumors now more than ever before. There's so little info about this game thats come out and its releasing this year. And because there's so little info, people can easily make up rumors that last quite a long time.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I remember, when I saw Ness, Falco and Wolf on the list and KNEW that the roster would be a roller coaster of disappointment after that. The good thing about this time around is I got Mega Man, who I wanted most. Might get Little Mac or Takamaru as well but I view them as bonuses. Pretty much at this point, the roster can got to hell in inclusions and I wouldn't care.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
I wish that we get a newcomer besides Dixie in February 13th, so all those leaks gets deconfirmed

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not sure who posted this in the old thread but
''You can tell it's the real roster because everybody hates it.''
Everybody hates the ''No K.Rool or Ridley'' rumor.

Just my two cents.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
nothing deconfirms k.r. rool or ridley. keep a hawkeye out for stage easter eggs tho. ROB was seen in a captain falcon pic in fzero's stage before his announcement

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Why is DK limited to just one newcomer? K Rool and Dixie are just about all the series has to offer smash from what i can see so why not add both?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom