• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well here is another one from gamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68516183

Listen I don't have too much time, but I have some new info about the game. Please understand that I cannot tell you my name/position/company I work for/etc, without the risk of losing my job, but I can assure you that I do in fact work on the game.

- Mewtwo will NOT be playable, however he does make an appearance in the game itself.
- Diddy Kong will be revealed on February 13th to coincide with Tropical Freeze's release in Japan
- Ridley is not playable, but he is the Stage hazard on Pyrosphere that Sakurai hinted at.
- Kid Icarus has 2 new reps: Palutena and Magnus
- Legend of Zelda does have a 5th rep but they are being kept a secret for a while.
- Little Mac is Playable
- Mii is Playable
- Pacman will be revealed at E3 this year
- Only cuts are Sheik (or the Phantom seen in that Picture) and Snake (currently low priority)

... I hear somebody coming. I have to leave for now, but maybe in the future, I can return with more information. So long for now my friends.

.n_n.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
new leak

[QUOTE
Listen I don't have too much time, but I have some new info about the game. Please understand that I cannot tell you my name/position/company I work for/etc, without the risk of losing my job, but I can assure you that I do in fact work on the game.

- Mewtwo will NOT be playable, however he does make an appearance in the game itself.
- Diddy Kong will be revealed on February 13th to coincide with Tropical Freeze's release in Japan
- Ridley is not playable, but he is the Stage hazard on Pyrosphere that Sakurai hinted at.
- Legend of Zelda does have a 5th rep but they are being kept a secret for a while.
- Little Mac is Playable
- Mii is Playable
- Only cuts are Sheik (or the Phantom seen in that Picture) and Snake (currently low priority)

... I hear somebody coming. I have to leave for now, but maybe in the future, I can return with more information. So long for now my friends.
][/QUOTE]

Midge

Smash Apprentice

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Well here is another one for gamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68516183

- Little Mac is Playable
- Mii is Playable

.n_n.
This is one of the worst cases of "oh goss guise im gona loose my job shh i think i here sakureye."

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
'Snake (currently low priority)'

He's a third party. He's either in or out, not between.

'... I hear somebody coming. I have to leave for now, but maybe in the future, I can return with more information. So long for now my friends.'

He'd just post if somebody was actually coming...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Why do some of these leaks have Snake being low priority? That's not how third parties work, you don't get a character like that and just shove them to the side, you work on them immediately to get them playable.

Also, the last line doesn't do it any favors, it sounds more like a cheap spy movie then an actual leak.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Last edited:

Midge

Smash Apprentice
new leak

[QUOTE

- Little Mac is Playable
- Mii is Playable

]
[/quote]
Shhhh... dont tell gamefaqs that I made this... now that I read it over again this is laughably bad.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Shhhh... dont tell gamefaqs that I made this... now that I read it over again this is laughably bad.[/quote]

I may have suggested it, but It makes us look bad making up rumours like this.

Fares612

Smash Apprentice
Well here is another one from gamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68516183

- Little Mac is Playable
- Mii is Playable

.n_n.

People don't even try anymore

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
new leak

[QUOTE

- Little Mac is Playable
- Mii is Playable

]
This may well be the most hilariously bad attempt at a troll leak I've ever seen in my life, lmao.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

- Little Mac is Playable
- Mii is Playable

.n_n.
I'm almost willing to believe this is purely satirical and sarcastic and meant to be played for laughs. ¦D

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
BTW, regarding the "ChaosZer0" leak...

I said it in the Ridley thread, but I went through the supposed leaker's topic, and fact is he (Yusuke001) never actually suggested that he got his information from ChaosZer0. He only referenced him and two other past successful leakers. It was the other people in the topic that questioned whether or not the leaker's source was ChaosZer0.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68373377

The topic where the rumor came from, and further into the topic you get this:

I was intentionally leaving the username out, there were multiple leakers that were proven right. Chaos_Zer0 and PortraitofRuin come to mind in terms of Smash and other game leaks, I don't know if NyaseNya ever posted on Gamefaqs, but I know she leaked info on the Smashboards. All 3 of these people were pretty much treated like crap by mods, posters, or both on both sites.
Multiple leakers? Chaos_Zer0 AND PortratofRuin... "come to mind..."?

That's not a claim of source. It's a reference to leakers who in the past leaked information and were harshly treated by their peers.

Fact is the leaker's source remains both unknown and nameless. Just speculation surrounding speculation. The only thing ChaosZer0 seems to have to do with this leak is a mere name pull and guessing all around.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Soviet Prince is currently awaiting a private message from ChaosZero on an undisclosed website regarding whether or not he was involved in that alleged leak. He has not yet responded, although his activity on this site appears to be infrequent, so we'll see what happens there.

Also, PortraitofRuin was on NeoGAF, not GameFAQs. If this guy's not lying, which I don't think he is, there's no one this could be except for ChaosZero.

Last edited:

DarkGundam

Smash Apprentice
Soviet Prince is currently awaiting a private message from ChaosZero on an undisclosed website regarding whether or not he was involved in that alleged leak. He has not yet responded, although his activity on this site appears to be infrequent, so we'll see what happens there.

Also, PortraitofRuin was on NeoGAF, not GameFAQs. If this guy's not lying, which I don't think he is, there's no one this could be except for ChaosZero.
This makes me super nervous :l

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Caveat of me hating hyperanalysis of the fine details of leaks, I think, based on what we know of ChaosZero, that information marks somewhat of a departure from what he leaked pre-Brawl. Pre-Brawl, he dropped off a few characters, modes, and the Dragoon item, and claimed to know nothing more. Here, he's actively disconfirming characters and mechanics as though his knowledge of the game is far more comprehensive this time. Not to say this means anything for the leak one way or the other, but it's a comparison worth noting.

EDIT: If that Mother Brain is indeed the stage hazard, we may just be able to disconfirm this leak ourselves. It's an Assist Trophy. Damn it.

Last edited:

Midge

Smash Apprentice
This makes me super nervous :l
I can already feel the hype, even though we probably won't get any more info back until after the 13th when one point (being the Diddy/Dixie team up not existing) has been proven. Also yeah, I was completely messing around with that leak. Notice the intentional "Please Understand".

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER

Pic of the day. Housed within the Control Capsule! Protected by Rinkas! Eyeball armed with a Laser Brain Attack!! The massive Assist Trophy Mother Brain joins the collection!!

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
It is an Assist Trophy, not the stage hazard that is an enemy from Samus's past.

I think this just took a shot at Ridley's chances.

Midge

Smash Apprentice

Pic of the day. Housed within the Control Capsule! Protected by Rinkas! Eyeball armed with a Laser Brain Attack!! The massive Assist Trophy Mother Brain joins the collection!!
Well I was right about it being Metroid related, though I was hoping on confirmation of the Pyrosphere hazard to be Ridley

DarkGundam

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha Mario's hiding behind Mother Brain

Hopefully Im the first to see that

Last edited:

Midge

Smash Apprentice
So if Mother Brain isnt the hazard, then its either Ridley or the other thing I forget the name of. Since I can't think of its name, the hazard is most likely Ridley. Thus meaning Ridley is not playable (unless theres some Alfonso bs in their somewhere), giving something correct to the chaos zero thing. I may be looking too far into it, but this is getting interesting.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So if Mother Brain isnt the hazard, then its either Ridley or the other thing I forget the name of. Since I can't think of its name, the hazard is most likely Ridley. Thus meaning Ridley is not playable (unless theres some Alfonso bs in their somewhere), giving something correct to the chaos zero thing. I may be looking too far into it, but this is getting interesting.
What makes you think there even is a hazard at this point? It was probably actually a reference to his playability.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Pacack is right. He's heavily hinted at it, but there's no certainly that there is anything. Regardless, that's a cool assist. I would love for Bosses that aren't really playable to be assists.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now we just wait for some guy to be like "I knew that Mother Brain was an assist" and all that junk. Not really sure if this has anything to do with Ridley's chances whatsoever, other than him not likely being an assist. Since in Brawl we had the Metroid, and now we have Mother Brain, it's possible that we'll have both this time around. Much like Lakitu and the Hammer Bros were both present for Mario assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom