• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Mod got to topic, but said something I don't understand. They say people would lose their jobs if information leaks. How is this a reason to conclude leaks are not possible, they have happened with almost every game, Pokemon included. People who say this are seriously beyond normal levels of delusional.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Mod got to topic, but said something I don't understand. They say people would lose their jobs if information leaks. How is this a reason to conclude leaks are not possible, they have happened with almost every game, Pokemon included. People who say this are seriously beyond normal levels of delusional.
yeah people who say that assume that somehow if a leak occurs the source of the leak WILL come to light. When that's just obviously not been the case historically.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Who said this? Couldn't possibly be a human. Almost everything in the world leaks. Especially with the anonymity of the internet. Heck, Quintin Tarantino is so pissed that people leaked the script to his new movie, he's refusing to even direct it AND he's suing people (Gawker included) for screwing him over. There's not one industry where people haven't leaked information. That goes double for the entertainment industry. If Edward Snowden leaked all that info about the NSA, if Julian Assange can make a career of WikiLeaks, how is it not possible that something less confidential, with less severity of punishment couldn't be leaked?

Honestly I have a hard time believing anyone really thinks that. Maybe the person was being sarcastic.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
As we get closer to the release date, we kinda have to realize that eventually, one of these leaks will probably be real.

I wouldn't worry too much now though, considering we don't even have a release date.

The Brawl leaks happened closer to its release, didn't they?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
This leak is fake.

Ignoring the stupidity of making Little Mac a Captain Falcon clone and choosing Galacta Knight over Bandana Dee, these two things immediately made me think that this leak was poorly made.

1. The Monado CAN'T be an item. For those who haven't played Xenoblade, the Monado is a sword that can properly be used by Shulk only as he was able to control it. Not only would making it an item devalue a weapon like this, but it would also contradict everything from Xenoblade. It would be like making the Master Sword an item.

2. Who the heck asked for the Hylian Goddesses? We've never even seen Din, Nayru, or Farore before and there are a ton of better Zelda characters (like Vaati and Ghirahim), so why choose the Goddesses over them?

This is just a poor, rubbish leak…
While I overall agree with you, your #1 has a flaw.
It can only "properly" be used by Shulk and perhaps a few others. But no one said it'd be properly used. Remember near the very beginning of the game when Rein grabbed it and it started moving on it's own? Same thing could happen in smash.

Also, I'm just now headed to sword valley in pursuit of you-know-who, so try not to spoil anything if you reply.

That being said, I'd prefer to just have Shulk in the game.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Eeveelutions as playable characters would be great. However, the move-sets the 'leaker' described don't fit at all, imo.

Also, Jigglypuff being cut seems to be a common theme with recent rumours. Not sure why anyone would think that is likely seeing as s/he's one of the original 12.
I can't remember the last rumour that included Snake in the roster, either - fakes are trending.

Event matches being Wii U exclusive would just be counter-productive.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
As we get closer to the release date, we kinda have to realize that eventually, one of these leaks will probably be real.

I wouldn't worry too much now though, considering we don't even have a release date.

I dunno if any of the existing ones will be real. The real roster will be leaked eventually though if it hasn't already been.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the game will have to go gold first for any good leaks to start. Even if one employee was willing, they'd wait until it was certain.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Yeah, I wouldn't count on any of the current leaks, except maybe the E3 one with Mac, Mii and Pac. I think the earliest prediction for Brawl was NyaseNya getting Sonic's reveal date right in October, and that was still just one thing and not everything in the whole damn game like some of these guys "leak."

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Having a Nintendo Direct to coincide with the release of DKC:TP would make the most sense.

Valentine's Day is February 14th so maybe we'll see some DiddyxDixie news then if not earlier? Probably not relevant but you never know.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=221969

Wii U/3DS getting extended maintenance Sunday.

Nintendo Direct?
More likely in preparation of Tropical Freezes online modes to make sure the servers are ready when the game launches. Pokemon Bank was definitely a harsh lesson for Nintendo so I'm sure they're going to be doing online maintenance for major releases much earlier from this point forward.

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Having a Nintendo Direct to coincide with the release of DKC:TP would make the most sense.

Valentine's Day is February 14th so maybe we'll see some DiddyxDixie news then if not earlier? Probably not relevant but you never know.
Eww, monkey cousins on Valentines day?

I'm afraid now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
More likely in preparation of Tropical Freezes online modes to make sure the servers are ready when the game launches. Pokemon Bank was definitely a harsh lesson for Nintendo so I'm sure they're going to be doing online maintenance for major releases much earlier from this point forward.
But then wouldn't it just be the Wii U?

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Uhm... Dixie is Diddy's girlfriend. u_u

Well, at least she was in the SNES days. I don't think Nintendo has mentioned that as of late.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

They haven't done reveals on holidays, or really have acknowledged them at all, except for Halloween.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eww, monkey cousins on Valentines day?

I'm afraid now.
Don't worry, instead we will get the wedding stage from super paper mario and peach and mario wilwill be shown tieing the knot when count bleck shoots them off the stage lol.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

What if just to throw everyone off, there won't be a Diddy Kong anything for Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, instead it's just Ice Climbers because they're a pair (Valentine's Day). Or even just to throw all logic out the window and just show Mr Game and Watch purely to troll us all

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
What if just to throw everyone off, there won't be a Diddy Kong anything for Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, instead it's just Ice Climbers because they're a pair (Valentine's Day). Or even just to throw all logic out the window and just show Mr Game and Watch purely to troll us all
I thought Ice Climbers were going to be revealed on Valentine's Day. White Day (March 14th) might yield something to that extent. We might get Diddy Kong on Valentine's Day and Dixie Kong on White Day or the opposite. That would be interesting to say the least.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's technically two for Japan. The first is May 3rd, which is for girls (often referred to as Doll Day or Girl Day), and the second is May 5th, which is for boys (sometimes called Kite Day or Boy Day). They're just days meant to celebrate the wonders of childhood and have families spend time together.

Morbi

Scavenger
They haven't done reveals on holidays, or really have acknowledged them at all, except for Halloween.
There wasn't necessarily an overt correlation, but Rosalina and Zelda were revealed fairly close to Christmas. Other than that, there aren't a lot of prominent holidays (aside from Halloween and Christmas).

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I really doubt holidays will ever mean a significant reveal. I mean the biggest of them have gone by without any real hubub.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There wasn't necessarily an overt correlation, but Rosalina and Zelda were revealed fairly close to Christmas. Other than that, there aren't a lot of prominent holidays (aside from Halloween and Christmas).
And there certainly isn't a good amount of holidays that are universal.

edit: Why did this post get so many likes?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally I think we'll see another of Sakurai's ships on the 14th. Mega Man X Rosalina maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom