• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I mean everyone's already saying it but.... where!?
Funny enough, I actually remember a leak that asserted Lucario to be the next reveal (in order to correlate with the anniversary to FireRed and LeafGreen). It would probably be living hell trying to find it though.

D

Deleted member

Funny enough, I actually remember a leak that asserted Lucario to be the next reveal (in order to correlate with the anniversary to FireRed and LeafGreen). It would probably be living hell trying to find it though.
Well you folks can try to figure it out, while I sleep in my comfy bed.

TEAM WORK YEEEAAHH!

Last edited by a moderator:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Ugh... I wish I wasn't aware haha.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ugh... I wish I wasn't aware haha.
I wouldn't worry too much, it was most likely a lucky guess (Lucario wasn't even really revealed on the anniversary). I don't believe the leak was noteworthy in any other way, it had a lot of unrealistic choices and the post was far from immaculate.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So, on a slightly different topic since we're waiting, was Haliburton's leak on GameFAQS ever get proven false or is it still in the running (for reference since I know multiple people will ask what I'm referring to, the Haliburton leak was one of the earliest-documented leaks in this thread. Among other things, he claimed that Little Mac, Takamaru, Dillon, Shulk, and Ghirahim were characters that were then-being worked on. I believe it's in the OP on the first page)?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So, on a slightly different topic since we're waiting, was Haliburton's leak on GameFAQS ever get proven false or is it still in the running (for reference since I know multiple people will ask what I'm referring to, the Haliburton leak was one of the earliest-documented leaks in this thread. Among other things, he claimed that Little Mac, Takamaru, Dillon, Shulk, and Ghirahim were characters that were then-being worked on. I believe it's in the OP on the first page)?
Was he the guy that created Debu thing?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Was he the guy that created Debu thing?
Yep. I guess I could've just looked at the OP before posting to know that it was deconfirmed, haha.

Interestingly, though, the WiiLuvU leak is the only leak that has survived longer than January (at least as documented in the OP). S/he was claimed to be a false leader by another leaker - whose leak was proven to be false, though, so I'm not sure. It's very interesting, though, since the next living leak is from January of this year while that was the middle of last year and still hasn't been contradicted by official reveals yet.

Taojaz

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I remember seeing that Lucario leak as well. It was probably on Gamefaqs since that's pretty much where I lurk to find new leaks :p

EDIT: Also, while looking for the Lucario leak, I found this:
Hello, I have a very close friend who works for Nintendo, I of course get information on the next Smash Bros from him. However He is not allowed to discuss information on Newcomers as after the Paletuena leak Mr. Sakurai has made everyone keep thier mouth shut. He has however disclosed info on some returning Veterans. I'm only gonna make one post on this and never post here again so read closely.....

Lucas is not getting cut.

Pokemon Trainer returns, He's not sure if he'll get new pokemon.

Mewtwo returns along with Jigglypuff

There will be no new Pokemon reps unless PT has new pokemon.

Wolf can't be cut as he is tho only well-known as appropriate Star Fox Villian.

Diddy Kong will be revealed next. Yoshi or Wario will be revealed as the next Veteran following Diddy Kong. My friend is not allowed to talk about Newcomer reveals.

Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff and Wolf will have character pages post-launch

Meta Knight will be revealed in the summer when triple deluxe releases in other countries.

A new Game and Watch Collection is on the horizon. Mr. Game and Watch will be announced at the same time.

A major update or sequel to NES Remix will happen later this year, Ice Climbers will be shown off

Shiek and/or Ganondorf will be revealed on the release of Hyrule Warriors.

Lucario was revealed to celebrate the relaunch of Pokemon Bank

R.O.B and Snake are the only ones cut

Dr. Mario is an Alt

Pichu is a trophy

Sakurai is considering adding R.O.B and Roy as Dlc , but as they stated, there are no plans for DLC at this time.

This makes me laugh so much, especially these parts:
Pokemon Trainer returns, He's not sure if he'll get new pokemon.
It sounds like the guy is saying PT himself is deciding whether he gets new Pokemon or not.

My friend is not allowed to talk about Newcomer reveals.
Because he's totally not breaking the rules already by telling you about every veteran in the roster.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
another leak, this one is little mac on the 3ds version
looks a bit choppy to me though
...I was wondering when people would be tossing this around.

...Did you guys somehow not find this in the Little Mac thread? It was made by a user there, which he even said in the post it was in.

Unless you're not being serious. Otherwise... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is so stupid how all these leaked pictures of unconfirmed characters appear to be on the 3DS and never on the Wii U... except for Jigglypuff, of course... but that's only because it is so easy to make a 3D model of a round object.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So there ARE some rumors that said Lucario would be next? Huh. I hope someone finds it/them.

Then again, that may mean a LOT of spoilers, and while I like leaks, I'd rather not have the entire roster just like that...

Oh hell with it, post it!

D

Deleted member

I WAS GONE FOR 8 HOURS.

We need someone else for the job, you're fired.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the DP but rumor from /v/

The full list of newcomers is:

Little Mac
Prince Sable
Palutena
Takamaru
Mii
Shulk
Monster Hunter
Slime
Pac-Man

Wait for the next direct and you'll begin to see this is true. One of them will be revealed then to build hype for an upcoming game.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
This leak is full of it. He's just trying to bank on a likely newcomer that is going to be revealed. Then he adds characters with the same likely hood as Barney and Spongebob. This guy probably thinks we are getting a newcomer soon!!:joyful::laugh: Yea not until E3 buddy.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
This guy has 3 third party newcomers. That would be 5 third parties including Sonic and Megaman (this isn't even including Snake).
Also, if you were a leaker, wouldn't you want leak all your info instead of being vague ("One of them will be revealed then to build hype for an upcoming game")

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here is another one I found, I doubt this is true though:

"Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina*

Link
Zelda/Shiek
T.Link*
Ganondorf*

Kirby
KingDeDeDe
Meta Knight

Pikachu
PokemonTrainer
JigglyPuff*
Mewtwo*
Lucario*

Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Ness*
Lucas

Marth*
Ike
Chrom*

Yoshi

Wario

DK
Diddy
Dixie

Captain Falcon*

Pit
Palutena*(Not the Exact Same design from KiU..Somewhat new)

Samus/ZSS

MegaMan*
Sonic*
Pac-Man*

Villager

Wii Fit Trainer

Some Guy From Xenonblade..I Don't really know about that series but the name was Shulk?*

Olimar
Alph*

Mii* But it showed A Mii Sign (I think It's like how Mario Kart Wii was when you choose your Mii) Next too Mii was the Random Select.

IceClimbers
Mr.Game&Watch*
R.O.B*

Little Mac

Wonder Red*(Wonderful 101) I was shocked when I saw Him haha

-Basically A 48 Character Roster In this game
-I Don't Know anything else... I'm just going by the Roster I seen
-When I seen the Roster I asked these Questions... 1. Who are the Hidden Characters? 2. Why they added Alph? Why they cut Snake and Not Wolf or ROB(didn't like those 2 haha)

- 1. He told me the Hidden Characters so i Put (*) next too there names
- 2. He Thinks Alph Was chosen Because he was the Main Character Of Pikmin 3 (He Uses The Rock/Pink Pikmin) Some Moves are Similar too Olimar
-3. He doesn't know a Reason why Snake was cut. He thinks Snake may be Playable In PSAS in the Future.

I Don't Know when these Characters will be revealed too People. Also He had a Japan Copy of this Game (We live in America).

-How This all happened? Long Story Short: I went too Visit him(cousin) He told me He has a Game to show me. When I Ask what was it I Didn't realize It was the Character Select Screen Of Smash Bros Wii U. I thought it was a Hacked Screen. I asked can I see other stuff to it He Told me wait till it's released. He Chose The Random Select for Stages Fast after we chosen our Characters (I chose Alph, He chose Samus) & Ended up On Battle Field But I wasn't Paying attention to the Stage Select screen. This was the Only match we played..Didn't use Items

-He Showed me Cause he knew I was a Big Super Smash bros Fan Since N64. After I look threw the Roster It was a tough decision to pick a character Since I only could play 1 Round.

-I decided to tell people here cause I been viewing this as a Guess since Brawl Released(Had the Japan version of that Too) I don't know any other Sites who'd care As well Just got on here to see how to unlock characters Back then wasn't really Into Forums. But Believe me or Not you guys will be surprised When it Releases! I'll Get more Info On the Game soon I'll ask him more Questions.

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68526248

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Kong is a tribe based name and not a linage based one. You really think an ape and a chimp are related?
In my off-topic defense.

DK is literally a monkey's uncle to Diddy. Depending on your definition of brother one of Diddy's parents is not a chimp.
It's no less believable than monkeys talking and operating barrel based flying machines. I did check wiki and yes, Dixie is Diddy's Girlfriend and not related. Although DK has a nephew named Baby Kong, (an alternate name for Kiddy Kong apparently) who is a direct cousin of Dixie, which would make Diddy and Dixie distant cousins if the wiki is correct.

I don't know why I care anymore though. At this point I'm expecting an alternate cupid skin for Pit come Valentine's Day.

"Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina*

Link
Zelda/Shiek
T.Link*
Ganondorf*

Kirby
KingDeDeDe
Meta Knight

Pikachu
PokemonTrainer
JigglyPuff*
Mewtwo*
Lucario*

Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Ness*
Lucas

Marth*
Ike
Chrom*

Yoshi

Wario

DK
Diddy
Dixie

Captain Falcon*

Pit

Samus/ZSS

MegaMan*
Sonic*
Pac-Man*

Villager

Wii Fit Trainer

Some Guy From Xenonblade..I Don't really know about that series but the name was Shulk?*

Olimar
Alph*

Mii* But it showed A Mii Sign (I think It's like how Mario Kart Wii was when you choose your Mii) Next too Mii was the Random Select.

IceClimbers
Mr.Game&Watch*
R.O.B*

Little Mac

-When I seen the Roster I asked these Questions... 1. Who are the Hidden Characters? 2. Why they added Alph? Why they cut Snake and Not Wolf or ROB(didn't like those 2 haha)

- 2. He Thinks Alph Was chosen Because he was the Main Character Of Pikmin 3 (He Uses The Rock/Pink Pikmin) Some Moves are Similar too Olimar
-3. He doesn't know a Reason why Snake was cut. He thinks Snake may be Playable In PSAS in the Future.

I Don't Know when these Characters will be revealed too People. Also He had a Japan Copy of this Game (We live in America).

-How This all happened? Long Story Short: I went too Visit him(cousin) He told me He has a Game to show me. When I Ask what was it I Didn't realize It was the Character Select Screen Of Smash Bros Wii U. I thought it was a Hacked Screen. I asked can I see other stuff to it He Told me wait till it's released. He Chose The Random Select for Stages Fast after we chosen our Characters (I chose Alph, He chose Samus) & Ended up On Battle Field But I wasn't Paying attention to the Stage Select screen. This was the Only match we played..Didn't use Items

-He Showed me Cause he knew I was a Big Super Smash bros Fan Since N64. After I look threw the Roster It was a tough decision to pick a character Since I only could play 1 Round.

-I decided to tell people here cause I been viewing this as a Guess since Brawl Released(Had the Japan version of that Too) I don't know any other Sites who'd care As well Just got on here to see how to unlock characters Back then wasn't really Into Forums. But Believe me or Not you guys will be surprised When it Releases! I'll Get more Info On the Game soon I'll ask him more Questions.

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68526248
Alph, interesting. Already owning a Japan copy of the game? A cousin only letting you play one round for some archaic reason? Very fake sounding.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

"Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina*

Link
Zelda/Shiek
T.Link*
Ganondorf*

Kirby
KingDeDeDe
Meta Knight

Pikachu
PokemonTrainer
JigglyPuff*
Mewtwo*
Lucario*

Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Ness*
Lucas

Marth*
Ike
Chrom*

Yoshi

Wario

DK
Diddy
Dixie

Captain Falcon*

Pit

Samus/ZSS

MegaMan*
Sonic*
Pac-Man*

Villager

Wii Fit Trainer

Olimar
Alph*

IceClimbers
Mr.Game&Watch*
R.O.B*

Little Mac

Insert "Ridley and K. Rool aren't in so it must be fake" joke here. :smash:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Seems like a pretty believable roster. And the guy's uncertainly about Shulk is pretty funny.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I don't think any rumors stated that Lucario would be the next to be revealed. And remember, for that rumor to be relevant they had to have stated that between January 11th and January 30th since DDD was revealed on the 10th and Lucario on the 31st.

Espio264

Smash Ace

"Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina*

Link
Zelda/Shiek
T.Link*
Ganondorf*

Kirby
KingDeDeDe
Meta Knight

Pikachu
PokemonTrainer
JigglyPuff*
Mewtwo*
Lucario*

Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Ness*
Lucas

Marth*
Ike
Chrom*

Yoshi

Wario

DK
Diddy
Dixie

Captain Falcon*

Pit

Samus/ZSS

MegaMan*
Sonic*
Pac-Man*

Villager

Wii Fit Trainer

Olimar
Alph*

IceClimbers
Mr.Game&Watch*
R.O.B*

Little Mac

The misspelling of "to" as "too" over and over again but then using it correctly. Capitalizing random words in the middle of sentences over and over again. Sketchy circumstances aside, this guy was trying too hard and an idiot.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
The misspelling of "to" as "too" over and over again but then using it correctly. Capitalizing random words in the middle of sentences over and over again. Sketchy circumstances aside, this guy was trying too hard and an idiot.
The circumstances are far from believable anyway. He went to his cousins house in America, and the guy happened to have a playable copy of SSB4 and they only played one match. BS. All of it. There's no way Sakurai would make a physical copy of the game to be played outside the development studios and if he did let it be taken overseas.

The only explanation that makes sense is that a real leaker may release legitimate information (e.g. the roster) with sketchy circumstances (and spelling) included to throw Nintendo Ninja's off his scent. But that's giving this guy the benefit of the doubt and I don't really think he deserves that.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

"Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina*

Link
Zelda/Shiek
T.Link*
Ganondorf*

Kirby
KingDeDeDe
Meta Knight

Pikachu
PokemonTrainer
JigglyPuff*
Mewtwo*
Lucario*

Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Ness*
Lucas

Marth*
Ike
Chrom*

Yoshi

Wario

DK
Diddy
Dixie

Captain Falcon*

Pit

Samus/ZSS

MegaMan*
Sonic*
Pac-Man*

Villager

Wii Fit Trainer

Olimar
Alph*

IceClimbers
Mr.Game&Watch*
R.O.B*

Little Mac

Wow. Does anyone know the 7-year old who made this?

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it's been discussed much, but that Sound Guy leak is downright laughable. He's retired so there's no risk for him leaking? Too bad Nintendo is very strict about non-disclosure agreements for their employees. And considering he said that his neighbour's dog was brought in for recording, it makes him incredibly easy to trace. So if he's telling the truth, he's a complete idiot and is at serious risk for losing all that money he recently "came into" through legal action.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

"Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina*

Link
Zelda/Shiek
T.Link*
Ganondorf*

Kirby
KingDeDeDe
Meta Knight

Pikachu
PokemonTrainer
JigglyPuff*
Mewtwo*
Lucario*

Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Ness*
Lucas

Marth*
Ike
Chrom*

Yoshi

Wario

DK
Diddy
Dixie

Captain Falcon*

Pit

Samus/ZSS

MegaMan*
Sonic*
Pac-Man*

Villager

Wii Fit Trainer

Olimar
Alph*

IceClimbers
Mr.Game&Watch*
R.O.B*

Little Mac

Seems pretty believable, I like the inclusion of Alph, but no new retro in sight.

D

Deleted member

This is the only legit leak.
I work with Samurai (lol we call him that fer jokes) and he told me new character list. I quote "We have to remove every character we have announced thus far, and replace them. Heres who I want to replace every character thus far announced with" He went on to list:
Samus
Samus
Samus
Dark Samus
Ridley
Meta Ridley
Omega Ridley
Ridley
Goku
Naruto
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
Spike (Cowboy Bebop)
Pit's Shoes

Keep it on the down low, otherwise Samurai will fire me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom