• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

noticus

Smash Cadet
what event build hype
cmon, smashboards, gimme something to be irrationally excited about

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm having huge doubts that Super Smash Bros. will be brought up at this event in any way. And if you're implying we could get a second SEGA character, that ain't happening. Shadow will most likely stay as an Assist Trophy.

Actually it's not out of the possibility with their partnership. The link says some event for sega is going on today promoting sonic in general.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm having huge doubts that Super Smash Bros. will be brought up at this event in any way. And if you're implying we could get a second SEGA character, that ain't happening. Shadow will most likely stay as an Assist Trophy.
Wait? Shadow as a character? Ha! That's hilarious...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Doesn't change the fact Super Smash Bros. is not SEGA property, even with Sonic in it.
I know, but nintendo knows sonic helped sell brawl so maybe they will open a slot for another character. Also why have nintendo announce it when you can give sega the trailer, have them hype the game and draw attention to sega. Again though it's unlikely but just incase.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait...

There's an event going on?

What is it?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I know, but nintendo knows sonic helped sell brawl so maybe they will open a slot for another character. Also why have nintendo announce it when you can give sega the trailer, have them hype the game and draw attention to sega. Again though it's unlikely but just incase.
If they are going to open a slot, it won't be any SEGA character, no matter who it is. Remember that Smash doesn't have an endless roster size which means also a very limited third party character limit. Giving a company two characters is not only unfair to the other possible third party companies but also cuts down the variety of guest characters. Plus I don't want a color swap of Sonic (I know Sonic and Shadow are very different but they still look similar visually).

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
There's some Sonic event about Sonic's future (new Cartoon, Movie, game(s), etc), and someone just said that it MAY have something Smash related (really doubt it), but that thread is now gone and I have no idea exactly when it is.

^^

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well I can't wait for all the fanboys to whine and complain that it doesn't appeal to them...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
They're giving the Sonic characters a redesign?

after this,

This,

and this,

I can't help but be a little scared
Wait, another one?
Welp, anyone want to come to the Sega forums with me. We'll have popcorn and everything.

And while a bit off-topic (like that's a problem now), but I do wish they'd make another Spyro game sometime soon.
And I mean an actual Spyro game, and not a Skylanders game.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Um may I remind you of the pattern of sakurai possible revealing all characters anyway before he reveals which ones are secret and how to get them. I mean may I remind he might do that because of how he kicked subspace (in other words whats first timers of brawl to see no spoilers)
I don't think he's going to just eliminate secret characters. Thats no fun and he knows that. Well at least its fun for me to unlock them. It doesn't make sense to not have secret characters just because Subspace got spoiled on the internet. I think when you unlock new characters it will show the character video then you'll fight. I think that would be awesome. Sakurai says that character videos will be available in game anyways so I think they will be shown when unlocking a character right before battle.

EDIT: inb4 300

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sonic already looks good with Smash design, stop evolving the designs more.
Or, you know, actually focus on making the series decent again. "Hmm... Sonic Generations was a solid game and the fans and critics were really pleased... let's go back to doing everything the fans complained about for a decade instead."

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Well damnit.

(and this is last time I do Off-topic)
Oh gosh... I hope this is just for the cartoon. It is just for the cartoon right? please? Knuckles looks disgusting ugh... please be fake. Sonic looks alright... I guess... but knuckles? His head looks too small and his body looks like big nasty open space for no reason. I hope they don't change how sonic looks in smash to this. (off topic)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Something bothers me about Sonic's body but I can't tell what , I don't really like beefy Knuckles .
But I like the overall idea .
Is it the fact the he's not technically wearing socks?
I'm okay with Sonic design (though I'm more than happy Sakurai keeping sonic the way he is. I do dig the scarf though). Knuckles is a bit more meh to me.
Though how 'bout the other two (Tails and Amy)?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Oh gosh... I hope this is just for the cartoon. It is just for the cartoon right? please? Knuckles looks disgusting ugh... please be fake. Sonic looks alright... I guess... but knuckles? His head looks too small and his body looks like big nasty open space for no reason. I hope they don't change how sonic looks in smash to this. (off topic)
Given that we already have many screenshots in Sonic, I would highly doubt we're going to see differences in the way the character looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom