• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Meh, can't really call them bad yet, need some form of context for the design change.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Apparently Sega is unfamiliar with the term if it ain't broke don't fix it. :glare:
Sorry, off Topic thing coming.

Hey WingedSnagret! I didn't know you were here! I recognize you from NintendoLife.

Last edited:

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Since we're already off topic...

I don't get why both Sonic and Tails have bandages on their shoes. And I don't mind Knuckles being bigger, but that build is a bit off to there point where I simply don't like it.
Tails and Amy are fine, Sonic's torso seems weird though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
More info:

• Second, our source tells TSSZ that Sega plans to make Sonic Boom the main Sonic canon going forward–in effect making it a complete franchise reboot and confirming our story from two years ago.
  • Third, our source has confirmed development of Boom is being handled by an American studio and not Sonic Team.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Since we're already off topic...

I don't get why both Sonic and Tails have bandages on their shoes. And I don't mind Knuckles being bigger, but that build is a bit off to there point where I simply don't like it.
Tails and Amy are fine, Sonic's torso seems weird though.
I guess socks don't exist in this universe.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For realsies...

Gameplay looks sick!

D

Deleted member

More info:

• Second, our source tells TSSZ that Sega plans to make Sonic Boom the main Sonic canon going forward–in effect making it a complete franchise reboot and confirming our story from two years ago.
  • Third, our source has confirmed development of Boom is being handled by an American studio and not Sonic Team.
Welp I guess they're completely disregarding the fact that Generations, Colors, and Lost World were actually decent Sonic games and are going back to the formula that everyone hated in the first place. GOOD JOB GUYS REGROUP AT 5.

Though I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say that after watching the trailer the game does actually look good. But as usual only time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Sonic looks ok, Knuckles would look better if he wasn't beefed up like that (what makes him cool is not his strength, it's the fact that strength comes from a someone who has Sonic's body frame), Tails looks cool, but the facial expression gives off sort of a smartass vibe (which is unfitting for Tails), and Amy......seems too sultry (which would fit Rouge more than her).

I'm really hoping this isn't permanent for the franchise, though I'll live if it is. Seems more like an alternate universe, though, much like Skylanders and Legend of Spyro is to the original Spyro series.
EDIT: Ok, so I was half-right.
It is permanent, but it's an alternate universe (a reboot).
Welp, that sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yo Amy looki' like *ahem swinger... But really knuckles though... he's the worst. Only because they changed his body... ew... Game doesn't look too hot still. 0/10 maybe if there are positive reviews I guess this counts as a leak

Fixed a word

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Tails looks cool, but the facial expression gives off sort of a smartass vibe (which is unfitting for Tails)
To be fair, the smart-alecky personality is starting to seep into him.
Though, now that I think about it. What would Robert Craig Smith sound like saying "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!"

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well, I suppose this is our third Sonic exclusive. And y'know what? It looks like a ****ing co-op Sonic game. My friends and I are gonna have a lot of fun with this.

D

Deleted member

*sees gameplay*

Okay....

It's all better now.
Yeah, I'm liking how the gameplay looks.
The characters are all distinct (and Sonic isn't the only playable character again), and it looks a lot better than some of the older games of the Modern era.

Though I don't like the fact it took an entire reboot to do it. I'm really hoping that the other series that started back in 1991 still gets games. I don't want Mario to be going to the Olympics with this Sonic or this Sonic be in future Smash titles.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sonic looks ok, Knuckles would look better if he wasn't beefed up like that (what makes him cool is not his strength, it's the fact that strength comes from a someone who has Sonic's body frame), Tails looks cool, but the facial expression gives off sort of a smartass vibe (which is unfitting for Tails), and Amy......seems too sultry (which would fit Rouge more than her).

I'm really hoping this isn't permanent for the franchise, though I'll live if it is. Seems more like an alternate universe, though, much like Skylanders and Legend of Spyro is to the original Spyro series.
EDIT: Ok, so I was half-right.
It is permanent, but it's an alternate universe (a reboot).
Welp, that sucks.
Archies did a reboot recently, well sort of.

It was done to make it "different" from what the show creators said. Which is fine by me if they want to experiment with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom