• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*sees trailer*

Not bad, not bad at all. I like that they're getting back to basics at the very least. Also, the fact that Sonic Team isn't involved drastically improves this game automatically. If Eggman returns, hopefully they don't redesign him to be more "edgy".

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yeah, I'm liking how the gameplay looks.
The characters are all distinct (and Sonic isn't the only playable character again), and it looks a lot better than some of the older games of the Modern era.

Though I don't like the fact it took an entire reboot to do it. I'm really hoping that the other series that started back in 1991 still gets games. I don't want Mario to be going to the Olympics with this Sonic or this Sonic be in future Smash titles.
You gotta point there... Sonic might be split into two series that both sides of the fanbase will continue to argue over.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
*sees trailer*

Not bad, not bad at all. I like that they're getting back to basics at the very least. Also, the fact that Sonic Team isn't involved drastically improves this game automatically. If Eggman returns, hopefully they don't redesign him to be more "edgy".
I actually liked Eggman in Lost World a lot.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Knuckles looks like he's injected steroids.

The last reboot (Sonic '06) flopped pretty hard. I guess Smash 4 will be the last appearance of the current Sonic... That we know of now, at least.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
The characters are all distinct (and Sonic isn't the only playable character again), and it looks a lot better than some of the older games of the Modern era.

Though I don't like the fact it took an entire reboot to do it. I'm really hoping that the other series that started back in 1991 still gets games. I don't want Mario to be going to the Olympics with this Sonic or this Sonic be in future Smash titles.
Pretty much this. As long as this canon doesn't cannibalize the current one, this is okay with me. But Scarf!Sonic doesn't belong in Smash or any other crossover series. I'm kinda sad too that a reboot was necessary to accomplish some things that've been requested for a while, like actually having some variety in the gameplay again without it devolving into a broken mess of Sonic 06 proportions.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Really, man I feel old. When was the last time? Sonic '06?

While I don't mind the look, what I'm worried with is the personality.
Brawl Sonic was annoying yes, but it was that kind of annoying that made him so memetic.
I just don't want a Falco, but without the charm.
I actually liked Eggman in Lost World a lot.
That's what I like about him. He's just that kind of goofy villain that's still charming enough to love.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Knuckles looks like he's injected steroids.

The last reboot (Sonic '06) flopped pretty hard. I guess Smash 4 will be the last appearance of the current Sonic... That we know of now, at least.
Sonic 06 wasn't a reboot.

D

Deleted member

*sees trailer*

Watch this design make a comeback.....

EDIT: Alright, we should probably stop talking about Sonic Boom in the SSB4 Rumors thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Oh hey whats going in here...

oh god.

Why can't I run away from this!?

LF2K

Floor Diver
I thought for sure Sonic '06 was an attempted reboot. They just ignored it with Unleashed.

I guess the folks who hated Sonic's design in Sonic 4 can finally chill out. :laugh:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Meh.

Not bad. Tails and Amy look nice, Sonic is decent. Knuckles is just unfortunate. I get that they wanted a beefy character, but man... this is going to take some getting used to. I suppose because we've had nearly two decades of other buff characters (Big, Storm, the crocodile, etc), compared to Sonic-proportioned Knuckles, that it seems forced. Now Knuckles is the big character, and I understand it from a physical prowess point of view; if these are the only four characters, they need Knuckles to differ even more from Sonic and Tails than he already did and while his gameplay may remain [generally] the same, his appearance demanded change I s'pose.

Also, only on Wii U and 3DS. Is Sonic becoming a Nintendo property? With Iwata recently mentioning Nintendo considering M&A, might they be purchasing Sega?

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Also, only on Wii U and 3DS. Is Sonic becoming a Nintendo property? With Iwata recently mentioning Nintendo considering M&A, might they be purchasing Sega?
Do want. Then they'll also own Atlus as well as Bayonetta.

Spire

III
BRoomer
****. Classic Sonic in Sonic Generations was perfect. Why, Sega, why couldn't you have just continued from there?

TempleofDreams

Smash Rookie
Warning: NSFW, must be +18, rated M for Mature, ask your parents before seeing this, may cause your eyes to burn. Parental description advised. See at your own risk.

:troll:

Last edited:

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
On the 21st (Zelda's anniverary), they should show Zelda characters in party hats celebrating Zelda's birthday. A voice is heard announcing the next fighter when suddenly Mewtwo bursts through the wall, yelling "So, you thought you could forget my birthday?" A party streamer is heard as confetti falls, showing Mewtwo's "title card".

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys? Why are we talking about Sonic Boom in the Rumors and Leaks section? I get that we had a leak for this game, but was it Smash related?

TempleofDreams

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys? Why are we talking about Sonic Boom in the Rumors and Leaks section? I get that we had a leak for this game, but was it Smash related?
I believe that they are talking about if this Sonic leak will have influence in Sonic's look in Smash 4 or future Smashes.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I believe that they are talking about if this Sonic leak will have influence in Sonic's look in Smash 4 or future Smashes.
Thats just an excuse... Well it was for me. We really don't need to be talking about Sonic unless there is a Smash related leak. but I mean...

This is totally fake. and I don't know anything about xeno-whatever

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On the 21st (Zelda's anniverary), they should show Zelda characters in party hats celebrating Zelda's birthday. A voice is heard announcing the next fighter when suddenly Mewtwo bursts through the wall, yelling "So, you thought you could forget my birthday?" A party streamer is heard as confetti falls, showing Mewtwo's "title card".
I would love for this to happen.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Thats just an excuse... Well it was for me. We really don't need to be talking about Sonic unless there is a Smash related leak. but I mean...

This is totally fake. and I don't know anything about xeno-whatever
Name too big, ugly model, no/little shadow, PAINT IS OPEN, taken in October 2013.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm impressed with this one. Too bad this is really old because it looks so real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom