• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The only reason people are refuting this roster excessively: we couldn't do it to the Palutena leak.
Yup. People couldn't disprove the pictures of Lady Palutena, so when they find something they can disprove, they go nuts. :laugh:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I think the reveal of Diddy Kong, whenever it comes (probably to tie in with Tropical Freeze) will clear up ALOT of things. Some say Diddy Kong is just like he was in Brawl, some say he's tied with Dixie Kong this time around. His reveal will either support or put an end to a fair amount of speculation.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I think the reveal of Diddy Kong, whenever it comes (probably to tie in with Tropical Freeze) will clear up ALOT of things. Some say Diddy Kong is just like he was in Brawl, some say he's tied with Dixie Kong this time around. His reveal will either support of put an end to a fair amount of speculation.
Unless Dixie is Diddy's transformation... in that case... nothing will change.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I think the reveal of Diddy Kong, whenever it comes (probably to tie in with Tropical Freeze) will clear up ALOT of things. Some say Diddy Kong is just like he was in Brawl, some say he's tied with Dixie Kong this time around. His reveal will either support of put an end to a fair amount of speculation.
This is very true, and it will end a lot more leaks if we don't get anything until that date (February 13th) as well.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Reposting this so people wont have to search through the past 80 pages for it.
Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Illiterate Leak (#2) - Said that Captain Falcon would be revealed on January 21st.
Toots Leak - Leaker admitted it was fake
Character Model Leak - Some models were incorrect (I think)

Live:

Jumpman Leak

[COLLAPSE="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item
[/COLLAPSE]
Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Sandbag Leak *
  • The Sandbag not being revealed on Jan. 31
  • Diddy not being revealed on Feb. 13
  • Wario not being revealed March 21
  • Lucas not being revealed April 20
  • Palutena not being revealed in a Direct
  • Mii not being revealed in a May Nintendo Direct
  • Sheik not being revealed in a June Nintendo Direct
  • Chrom not being announced at E3 2014
  • Mewtwo not being revealed at the end of E3 2014 Smash trailer
  • Paper Mario not being revealed in August
  • Ice Climbers not being revealed pre-release
  • Exclusion of Tingle, Mewtwo, Solo Charizard, K. Rool, Palutena, Hades, Chrom, Takamaru, Sandbag, Paper Mario, Little Mac, Mii
  • Inclusion of Squirtle & Ivysaur (Trainer or otherwise), Ike
  • Exclusion of any veteran not listed in above bulletpoint
  • Exclusion of Krystal, Prince Poo, Isabelle, Lissa or Bass Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of Temple, New Pork City, Pirate Ship, "Ito_Y, Oba_keikoku, Master_Tower, PM_Stage and Pkmn3" stages
  • Ridley being anything but a stage hazard
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Rosalina (lol), Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Dedede (lol), Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
[/COLLAPSE]
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak
  • Disconfirmation of existence of or details about listed game titles
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Little Mac
  • Disconfirmation of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
[/COLLAPSE]
Basty Leak *
  • Diddy not being revealed on Feb. 13
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Dixie, Sheik, both the Kanto AND Kalos Trainer (with Chespin/Braxien/Greninja), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Yoshi, Meta Knight, Shulk, Chrom, Another Fire Emblem Character, Impa
  • Inclusion of Snake, Ike, Lucario, both the Kanto AND Kalos Trainer (without Chespin/Braxien/Greninja), Stork
  • Exclusion of Cookie Country (Wii U), Pokemon Stadium 3 (Wii U), Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Luigi's Mansion (3DS) stages
  • Exclusion of Knuckles or Waluigi Assist Trophy
  • Inclusion of Kat & Ana Assist Trophy
  • Phantom is anything but an Assist Trophy
  • Luigi keeping his Final Smash
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario costume
[/COLLAPSE]
Neogaf Rumor
  • Target release that is not spring
[/COLLAPSE]
Hanafuda Leak
  • Inclusion of Snake, Lucario, and Ike
  • Exlcusion of Little Mac, Pac-Man, Medusa, Mewtwo, Genesect, Mach Rider, Chrom, and "Master Hanafuda" as characters
  • Little Mac being revealed in anything but a Nintendo Direct
[/COLLAPSE]
Supposed ChaosZero Leak
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a stage hazard
  • Inclusion of Dixie as a partner of Diddy
  • Inclusion of King K Rool
  • Not having online mode without the ability to host rooms with certain items enable/disabled
[/COLLAPSE]
Really Short Leak
  • Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, and Jigglypuff not being included/not being revealed in that order
  • Mii, Dixie Kong, and Little Mac not being included/not being revealed in that order
[/COLLAPSE]
Spacechannel5 Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, and Chrom as characters
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a stage hazard
  • Inclusion of Falco, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, and Ike as anything but playable characters
  • Inclusion of Snake Jigglypuff
  • Exclusion of Audino as a pokeball and Lucina as an assist trophy
  • Planned release date that is not June
[/COLLAPSE]
Naryol Leak
  • Inclusion of Geno or Goku
  • Roster with more or less than 42 characters
  • More or less than 3 third parties
  • Inclusion of Ridley, King K Rool, or Bowser Jr. as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Lucario or R.O.B
[/COLLAPSE]

PLEASE TELL ME IF SOMETHING IS INCORRECT

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I hope next month will finally confirmed the Palutena rumor because it is DRIVING ME CRAZY!
It's driving us all crazy, man. Possibly the first legit leak in recent memory, and we have no way of confirming or denying it without input from Sakurai.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
How mad do you think the general smash population would be if not only was the leak completely fake, but that Sakurai never planned to have Palutena in the game, and when it launches, she's not in it? lol

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How mad do you think the general smash population would be if not only was the leak completely fake, but that Sakurai never planned to have Palutena in the game, and when it launches, she's not in it? lol
I don't even want to imagine what would happen to the Smash community if that happened. XD

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Correct. I mean, we got 14 newcomers in Brawl (not counting transformation characters). So to go above what we got in Brawl is already going to be a red-flag. I mean, even including transformation characters, we only got 17. Sakurai stated that the roster is feasible at 39 (40 since Mewtwo was almost done). So a 10 newcomer increase is the equivalent of a 25% increase. 100 divided by 4 is 25, this is going to be the fourth iteration of Smash, so that sounds about right. I think 10 is the magical number and we can shoot for a nice and even roster of 50 characters (transformations included).

So, if we are to receive no cuts from Brawl (despite an objective statement declaring the opposite), we only have 6 more newcomers (Mewtwo is technically already in the roster, so 6 not counting him).
There was never a statement confirming that there will be cuts, just merely that there might.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior
This is an objective statement from Sakurai.

“I can answer that: no. We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/2...e-to-bring-all-characters-back-to-smash-bros/
While it is a very similar statement, it doesn't mean there will be cuts from Brawl.

A more exact interpretation of the statement would be: Not all characters from previous Smash Bros. games will return. This includes the cut Melee characters in Brawl.

He's talking about the franchise as a whole, not just Brawl. That statement doesn't necessarily imply cuts from the previous game. If all Brawl characters returned, the statement would still hold truth.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
While it is a very similar statement, it doesn't mean there will be cuts from Brawl.

A more exact interpretation of the statement would be: Not all characters from previous Smash Bros. games will return. This includes the cut Melee characters in Brawl.

He's talking about the franchise as a whole, not just Brawl. That statement doesn't necessarily imply cuts from the previous game. If all Brawl characters returned, the statement would still hold truth.
Pretty much. If Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu and Young Link doesn't return but every other Smash character does, that statement would still be true.

Morbi

Scavenger

Yes, and I consider those to be cuts. In which case, I am interpreting the statement to the fullest extent. Many people consider Pichu and Dr. Mario dead and gone. However, I still think that they may have a place on the priority list. Very low, of course. So if they didn't make it in Smash, he chose to cut those characters as opposed to a character on Brawl's roster. It is the same thing, really.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
If there's only 10 newcomers in general, then that would mean there's only three other ones left.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996 + Rosalina = 70% of the newcomers. Also, I don't see why transformations wouldn't count, considering they take the same amount of time it would take to make a character with their spot on the roster. Brawl really did have a crazy amount of new characters (Nearly 20 of em) so I don't think 12-13 is that much in comparison.

And really, with the leak here being most likely real, why was Nintendo/Sakurai about to blow their load by unveiling over half the new cast?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm thinking Sakurai will reveal all of the Newcomers based on the CGI Trailers, and his frustration with leaks after the game releases. That might even mean we'll get everybody revealed prior to release.

That's not provable though as far as I'm concerned.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm thinking Sakurai will reveal all of the Newcomers based on the CGI Trailers, and his frustration with leaks after the game releases. That might even mean we'll get everybody revealed prior to release.

That's not provable though as far as I'm concerned.
Depends, does Sakurai even know half of these leaks?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
If there's only 10 newcomers in general, then that would mean there's only three other ones left.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996 + Rosalina = 70% of the newcomers. Also, I don't see why transformations wouldn't count, considering they take the same amount of time it would take to make a character with their spot on the roster. Brawl really did have a crazy amount of new characters (Nearly 20 of em) so I don't think 12-13 is that much in comparison.

And really, with the leak here being most likely real, why was Nintendo/Sakurai about to blow their load by unveiling over half the new cast?
I absolutely agree. I think alot of the leaks suggesting there aren't that many new characters are brought about by a bad mixture of taking Sakurai's quotes out of context and really bored people making leaks up trying to scare people.

By the way, nice avatar. Maximize!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Depends, does Sakurai even know half of these leaks?
Before the game was even revealed, Sakurai mentioned the whole cutscene thing about why he is skipping the SSE and such. Characters would also be spoiled via the internet spreading the information.

Hence, why I think he would prefer that knowledge be under his control. In general, I don't think it's a farfetched idea that he might reveal all character before the game releases.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Before the game was even revealed, Sakurai mentioned the whole cutscene thing about why he is skipping the SSE and such. Characters would also be spoiled via the internet spreading the information.

Hence, why I think he would prefer that knowledge be under his control. In general, I don't think it's a farfetched idea that he might reveal all character before the game releases.
I think he was referring to after the release...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think he was referring to after the release...
Well obviously.

Brawl's roster got leaked before anybody besides Japan got a hold of it. It spoiled fans everywhere. Sakurai doesn't want that.

Logically, Sakurai could avoid that by revealing everybody before launch, not detailing who is secret, or if anybody is secret in the first place.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well obviously.

Brawl's roster got leaked before anybody besides Japan got a hold of it. It spoiled fans everywhere. Sakurai doesn't want that.

Logically, Sakurai could avoid that by revealing everybody before launch, not detailing who is secret, or if anybody is secret in the first place.
Or, just release the games close together. Not that hard...

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
I will be pretty disappointed if there was no Shulk reveal.
Also new to Smashboards and glad to finally be on here than just lurking.:laugh:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
On the arguments about delays and stuff, now that I think about it, they might not happen like Brawl. Brawl had SSE which 4 doesn't and SSE took a whole lot of extra time compared to the adventure mode that we got in SSBM. I think that we may not see all of the newcomers then at that point, and I also hope that we get more newcomers and a few more cuts. I think I liked the melee roster more than SSBB's

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I found the whole "I predict" thing to be very comical. After the supposed legitimacy of Palutena and now the "predictions" guy, I'm looking forward to whatever crazy personality comes up next in a leak.

I don't think it will get delayed, but then again we know so little about the game. Also, I have hope for a decent amount of newcomers

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Maybe someone should tweet Sakurai and show him the pics of Palutena.
I'm fairly certain a ton of people have already done that. :laugh:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I thought so too, but it isn't showing that that's the case on his twitter feed.
I'm sure someone will do it eventually. Curiosity and whatnot. Even though his Twitter description says "Please note that I won't be able to answer any questions."

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
If somebody predicts another Pokémon Trainer, I will automatically think they are full of it. That wouldn't make any sense. Too much development time into a character that not too many people want, when we can get 3 different characters from other series that would balance series representation better than giving Pokémon a potential NINE CHARACTERS.

If you think that has a chance to happen, then I don't know what to tell you.
I personally dont mind the representation as I rather liked pokemon trainer(except charizard....whom I just sucked with). That being said I'd prefer There be only one trainer/master, not because of representation, but because of the concept. I'm sure that they will feel different and having a trainer battle would be cool, but....I dunno. The concept just feels off and may make Pokemon trainer/master seem less unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom