• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stphntoth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gamefan1992
3DS FC
4339-2569-8710
Switch FC
8139-1515-0706
According to sources on Facebook Sakurai did another interview and probably leaked C. Falcon.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I'm having trouble understanding what you mean.
Predictions are what Smashboards is all about.
The guy who keeps saying "I 'predict' that this character is an AT. I 'predict that this character is a stage hazard. I 'predict' that......"
It's getting really annoying, and if Shulk isn't confirmed on Thursday, it means he's fake.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The guy who keeps saying "I 'predict' that this character is an AT. I 'predict that this character is a stage hazard. I 'predict' that......"
It's getting really annoying, and if Shulk isn't confirmed on Thursday, it means he's fake.
Oh, you mean leaks.
Yeah, me too, since when they get a prediction correct everyone believes the leak.
Truthfully it happens to me too. :)

Morbi

Scavenger
Thank whatever deity applies here that it would never happen.
Only acceptable change to the PT lineup would be to swap Squirtle and Ivysaur for their fully evolved states.
I don't really want it to happen either (not a big fan of Blaziken or Greninja... even though they were my starters). I wouldn't actually mind Venasaur and Blastoise instead of Squirtle and Ivysaur. However, the best decision (in my opinion) is to cut the two that hold Charizard down. Make some room for other newcomers.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Oh, you mean leaks.
Yeah, me too, since when they get a prediction correct everyone believes the leak.
Truthfully it happens to me too. :)
I'm talking about the specific leak, Mr. Prediction, or whatever people are calling him.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't really want it to happen either (not a big fan of Blaziken or Greninja... even though they were my starters). I wouldn't actually mind Venasaur and Blastoise instead of Squirtle and Ivysaur. However, the best decision (in my opinion) is to cut the two that hold Charizard down. Make some room for other newcomers.
Here's the thing though. I do like the idea of Pokemon Trainer. Heck if anything, the best decision would be to cut the "gimmicks" (stamina and type effectiveness) that held all three of them down. Then, they could end up being a decent mix-up character like Zelda/Shiek.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Here's the thing though. I do like the idea of Pokemon Trainer. Heck if anything, the best decision would be to cut the "gimmicks" (stamina and type effectiveness) that held all three of them down. Then, they could end up being a decent mix-up character like Zelda/Shiek.
And forced Switching.

Also allow the option to chose which Pokemon you want to bring out next rather then being forced to go to the next one in the rotation.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Hi new person here!
Going back to the Palutena "leak" has anyone considered that the ones who made it, had it ready to go and then decided to photo shop Mario, in that they had the two shots pre-rendered (using a 3D Palutena model that they made from scratch) photo shopping the background and Mario as apposed to modeling them. This would mean that they had all the time in the world to build the Palutena model and back ground, then the 48 hours to make a polished looking Mario shop in order to get people to assume the "leak" would have been difficult to pull off (people are making the assumption that they would have needed to do the Whole thing after the new Mario pic) falsely adding to its credibility.
tldr. the Mario, it means nothing

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Hi new person here!
Going back to the Palutena "leak" has anyone considered that the ones who made it, had it ready to go and then decided to photo shop Mario, in that they had the two shots pre-rendered (using a 3D Palutena model that they made from scratch) photo shopping the background and Mario as apposed to modeling them. This would mean that they had all the time in the world to build the Palutena model and back ground, then the 48 hours to make a polished looking Mario shop in order to get people to assume the "leak" would have been difficult to pull off (people are making the assumption that they would have needed to do the Whole thing after the new Mario pic) falsely adding to its credibility.
tldr. the Mario, it means nothing
But it begs two questions:

1. If he had the Palutena model and background created, why did he wait until Monday's pic for a Mario to use? Why not make the leak by modifying one of the 3DS pics already released?
2. How would he have known that Mario's model was going to change? No one realized that the Mario model was different until the leak investigation itself, so he put himself at risk for being declared fraud by the model looking different than what we've seen before.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Alright, so from what I've gathered with each leak, in order to make a successful leak, you must:

A. Include at least one newcomer in your leak.
B. Show off something already known.
C. Do something random that people will consider clever.
D. Import some models from the pictures, if you are making a picture.
E. Have one controversial choice in there.

So, here we go!

Pure Beauty.png

"Pic of the Day. Introducing, the Box Art Battlefield, a stage on both versions. See how many of your favorite box arts are present, like Wario Land: Shake It!! and Metroid Other M! Also, King K. Rool is a newcomer and Ridley is a stage hazard, blowing up the Game Boy cartridges which hold these cases together."

This picture is legit. :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Alright, so from what I've gathered with each leak, in order to make a successful leak, you must:

A. Include at least one newcomer in your leak.
B. Show off something already known.
C. Do something random that people will consider clever.
D. Import some models from the pictures, if you are making a picture.
E. Have one controversial choice in there.

So, here we go!

View attachment 7332

"Pic of the Day. Introducing, the Box Art Battlefield, a stage on both versions. See how many of your favorite box arts are present, like Wario Land: Shake It!! and Metroid Other M! Also, King K. Rool is a newcomer and Ridley is a stage hazard, blowing up the Game Boy cartridges which hold these cases together."

This picture is legit. :troll:
Fake. "Other: M" is in the corner. That game doesn't exist...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Fake. "Other: M" is in the corner. That game doesn't exist...
Not according to my library, it's right between "Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet" and "MySims Party".

Two games I'm ashamed to own. It must be a pattern or something...

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
But it begs two questions:

1. If he had the Palutena model and background created, why did he wait until Monday's pic for a Mario to use? Why not make the leak by modifying one of the 3DS pics already released?
2. How would he have known that Mario's model was going to change? No one realized that the Mario model was different until the leak investigation itself, so he put himself at risk for being declared fraud by the model looking different than what we've seen before.
Credibility.
1. In that they saw/waited for an opportunity to bolster their fake leak's credibility.
2. a. See above.
2. b. Because it plays on the notion that we are seeing the 3ds models getting more and more polish. In other words a deliberate ploy.

(also proving my point is how quick people are using a flaw with the image to back it up)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not according to my library, it's right between "Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet" and "MySims Party".

Two games I'm ashamed to own. It must be a pattern or something...
I've had my fair share...

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Also worth mentioning is that Palutena already has an existing style for smash bros. The "leaker" played on the expectation that a new comer would have a new appearance and while this might be true for some characters it is almost certainly not the case for Palutena. Another point to bring up is that there already exist 3ds models for her and unless a leak's are on par with those their credibility is diminished not bolstered.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Also worth mentioning is that Palutena already has an existing style for smash bros. The "leaker" played on the expectation that a new comer would have a new appearance and while this might be true for some characters it is almost certainly not the case for Palutena. Another point to bring up is that there already exist 3ds models for her and unless a leak's are on par with those their credibility is diminished not bolstered.
....so you're saying it's fake for the exact reason people are saying it's real?

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
....so you're saying it's fake for the exact reason people are saying it's real?
I am saying that a difference in design does NOT add to a leak's credibility (edit) it only means that the "leaker" put effort into it (end edit), and that because Palutena has already gotten her smash bros. redesign that the difference detracts from this leaks credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom