• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Also worth mentioning is that Palutena already has an existing style for smash bros. The "leaker" played on the expectation that a new comer would have a new appearance and while this might be true for some characters it is almost certainly not the case for Palutena. Another point to bring up is that there already exist 3ds models for her and unless a leak's are on par with those their credibility is diminished not bolstered.
That assuming that the model from Brawl would not be changed, considering that Palutena did not have a PC or Assist Trophy model in Brawl her mode consisted of: SSE CS, trophy and final smash models. If they were going to make her playable her models and forms would still be built entirely from the ground up either way, so I would stay changes from her Brawl and Uprising model are more possible then trying to import the Brawl model to do things it wasn't intended for would be more likely then not.

With that type of argument, what is basically being said is that we have no method to measure or judge any image from an unofficial source. So if they change the model it's probably fake, if they use the existing model it's fake. Though it's very possible, it's makes for a pretty boring debate.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
That assuming that the model from Brawl would not be changed, considering that Palutena did not have a PC or Assist Trophy model in Brawl her mode consisted of: SSE CS, trophy and final smash models. If they were going to make her playable her models and forms would still be built entirely from the ground up either way, so I would stay changes from her Brawl and Uprising model are more possible then trying to import the Brawl model to do things it wasn't intended for would be more likely then not.

With that type of argument, what is basically being said is that we have no method to measure or judge any image from an unofficial source. So if they change the model it's probably fake, if they use the existing model it's fake. Though it's very possible, it's makes for a pretty boring debate.
Logic does sometimes get in the way of a good time.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I am saying that a difference in design does NOT add to a leak's credibility, and that because Palutena has already gotten her smash bros. redesign that the difference detracts from this leaks credibility.
Pit got a slightly updated design from Brawl to Uprising, and his Smash 4 design seems to pull from both. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for Palutena. There are similarities. It's not like she looks like a completely different character.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Pit got a slightly updated design from Brawl to Uprising, and his Smash 4 design seems to pull from both. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for Palutena. There are similarities. It's not like she looks like a completely different character.
What I am saying is that the difference in design does not equal evidence of a "leak's" authenticity (edit) and that other factors are fare more important like them not showing the characters feet, or that no more images showing more angles have shown up.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Logic does sometimes get in the way of a good time.
Expect your logic is also based on certain assumptions. The fact of the matter is we are not judging the leaker's credibility as there is no way to judge creditability as the leaker has said pretty much nothing about the image nor do we know the the way the image is obtained. For the most part we have been judging the merits of what's it the picture entirely on it's own.

As far as the logic of the person having the model ahead of time? Yes it is possible and it possible that the entire model could be forged. The whole reason that it is not being viewed this way is the fact that creating the model would take a fairly decent amount of time and effort by the leaker. Give the general number of fake screenshots that have been shown, most leakers don't have the type of motivation to create extremely elaborate fake models for the purpose of the lulz, generally previously created models are slightly altered and changed into previous photographs. The model featured in those pictures do not currently match the main three 3D versions of Palutena available: Her Uprising appearance, her AR card appearance, and her Brawl appearance. Nor do the poses match previous poses match up with similar poses featured with those models in the same manner.

The situation is some characters have very minimal differences in their model and some have very different models from previous games. For someone like Palutena, because she did not have a PC model in Smash before would suggest to me that a different model would be more likely then importing one from the previous appearances I mentioned before.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Expect your logic is also based on certain assumptions. The fact of the matter is we are not judging the leaker's credibility as there is no way to judge creditability as the leaker has said pretty much nothing about the image nor do we know the the way the image is obtained. For the most part we have been judging the merits of what's it the picture entirely on it's own.

As far as the logic of the person having the model ahead of time? Yes it is possible and it possible that the entire model could be forged. The whole reason that it is not being viewed this way is the fact that creating the model would take a fairly decent amount of time and effort by the leaker. Give the general number of fake screenshots that have been shown, most leakers don't have the type of motivation to create extremely elaborate fake models for the purpose of the lulz, generally previously created models are slightly altered and changed into previous photographs. The model featured in those pictures do not currently match the main three 3D versions of Palutena available: Her Uprising appearance, her AR card appearance, and her Brawl appearance. Nor do the poses match previous poses match up with similar poses featured with those models in the same manner.

The situation is some characters have very minimal differences in their model and some have very different models from previous games. For someone like Palutena, because she did not have a PC model in Smash before would suggest to me that a different model would be more likely then importing one from the previous appearances I mentioned before.
Would you please explain what faulty assumptions my argument "that a difference in design does not equal evidence of a "leak's" authenticity" makes?

(edit) Also we have seen how much effort some will go with their fakes, just go look up the whole fallout 4 debacle.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The palutena I believe its a real one

1. No mario poses in all 3ds pictures matches the pose in the leak picture
  2. The gloves overhauls and buttons are change and in the supposing first adventure mode picture same changes to mario in that (hard to tell due to size but its true take a good look)
  3. Palutena model does not match brawl nor kid Icarus upspring
  4. No photoshopped/gimped blur spots on mario nor palutena
  5. Same as number 1 except with the background on both
That's my thoughts anyway

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Would you please explain what faulty assumptions my argument "that a difference in design does not equal evidence of a "leak's" authenticity" makes?
The fact at this point, the difference in the model is the main reason why people are more willing to believe it's real because it does feature the type of character appearance changes that Smash has had in the past when it comes to character changes. It's true there is some difficulty there as if it was real and it did match her Uprising model for example it would be dismissed as a fake because people would have a matching pose in a picture and this would have been killed within minutes of being posted similar to the Waluigi post from earlier this week. The fact that the model is drastically different does lead people more to believe it to be more likely to be real, that fact is most people aren't blind to that and would still be willing to accept it as a fake if it comes to that point. It just as it cannot be proven one direction or another most people percieve it either form a positive or neutrla stance.

As far as your assumptions:

Also worth mentioning is that Palutena already has an existing style for smash bros. The "leaker" played on the expectation that a new comer would have a new appearance and while this might be true for some characters it is almost certainly not the case for Palutena. Another point to bring up is that there already exist 3ds models for her and unless a leak's are on par with those their credibility is diminished not bolstered.
It's the fact that you assume that because they did change the model that it diminishes the credibility of the leaker, not bolsters it, which is the real problem with that explanation. You made the assumption that it would not be changed and that it was a negative point against as in making it more likely to be fake. That's the assumption I was referring to.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
found a BIGGER LEAK THEN RIDLEY
[QUOTE
Hello, fellow Smash fans. You probably don't care who I am, where I'm from, or what I did, so I won't bother explaining. All you guys want to know is the content of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U, right? So I'll tell you guys what I know, but I can't promise that you'll like it or believe it.

There are a total of 59 characters in the game, including transformations. You know 21 of them already, so that leaves 38 to be revealed.

Let me go ahead and tell you that Sheik is definitely returning, as is Zero Suit Samus. This time, ZSS can be selectable from the character select screen like Sheik in Brawl.

In fact, those of you expecting cuts from Brawl are going to be disappointed: they're all back, though there are some changes in the transition. That leaves 16 "newcomers" in the game. Most of them are going to be unlockable and should be quite a surprise, assuming you turn back now. Don't say I didn't warn you...

I guess I should start off with Ridley. He was the first newcomer that was worked on, though there were doubts as to his inclusion. Apparently, Sakurai wanted to see if he could make him work as a fighter. Needless to say, he did. He has a very unconventional play style, but it made him a unique addition. Ridley's success caused Sakurai to start looking into more unique fighters and play styles, as we've seen with the four newcomers already revealed.

For Mario characters, in addition to Rosalina, Dr. Mario is going to return. He's further decloned from when he was in Melee, using L-shaped pills for a few new attacks. Dr. Luigi is an alt costume.

The DK newcomer has always been between Dixie and K. Rool. Originally, Sakurai wanted to go back to the work on Dixie that he did from Brawl. When he approached Retro Studios regarding the DK series content for Smash, they surprised him by showing off a new design for K. Rool and asking Sakurai to consider him for inclusion. From that point on, both Dixie and K. Rool were planned for the roster. In the end, however, Dixie became lower priority and didn't make it into the final roster. She is being considered for a possible DLC pack for the future. Personally, I think K. Rool was well worth it, as he is extremely fun to play as.

As many predicted, Pit is joined by Palutena as a newcomer for Kid Icarus. I don't know how legitimate the recent "leak" is, but the model appears to match up with her artwork.

As far as Zelda characters, Sakurai was originally going to go back to his Toon Zelda and "Toon Sheik" concept cut from Brawl. However, he decided to bring back another cut character instead: Young Link. Now I know what you're thinking: "Three Links? WTF SAKURAI?!?!" But trust me, it's one of the most imaginative move sets in the game. Let me explain.

Young Link's character design is a mix between Melee (Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask) and Link Between Worlds. For the most part, his play style his pretty similar, but he has a few unique attributes to separate him from Toon Link and reference Majora's Mask. In fact, his Final Smash is a temp transform into Fierce Deity Link. His Down+B move now activates Ravio's Bracelet, transforming him into Drawing Link. He's a 2D fighter in the same vein as Game and Watch, only with a sword and shield. The Bomb move is now Drawing Link's Side B with his other specials and moves utilizing items from Ravio's shop. His Down+B will transform him back into Young Link and for his Final Smash, he summons the Triforce of Lorule, which has the pieces come together, like in the opening to Link to the Past. Once it connects, it sends out an energy burst that damages opponents and causes a transform back into Young Link.

(To be continued on the next post, since I ran out of room...)

Continued...)
There are no other new Zelda characters playable, though Toon Zelda is a candidate for DLC in the future. There's a story going around that early in development, someone suggested King Harkinian for a newcomer. After that day, his desk was cleared out and he was never seen again... Moving on.

On the Fire Emblem front, Roy is going to be returning along with his fire attacks. For the most part, he seems to fit right in with the other characters. The newcomer for Fire Emblem is the avatar character, Robin, from Fire Emblem Awakening. The default design is male, with the female is an alt.

That so called leak around E3, while it may not be truthful, was right about Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man being in the game. The default Miis in the game are Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie (regardless of how that petition does). There are actually twelve color slots for Mii, one for each shirt a created Mii can have, so you could have up to twelve different Miis in each slot. Of course, the game will allow you the option of just using one Mii with different shirt colors as well, if that's more your liking. Pac-Man has a mixture between the classic and modern designs and his home stage is based on the original arcade game. Little Mac is pretty straightforward.

The Pokemon representation this time is very interesting. Jigglypuff's move set has been tweaked to take advantage of her new typing as Normal/Fairy. Mewtwo returns, as many people were hoping for. When trying to decide a newcomer for the series, Plusle and Minun was his first idea, not only because of plans from Brawl, but to represent the Hoenn games. However, during development, they were made a lower priority when the team decided to try and bring every character back. So yes, Pichu is returning from Melee. To be fair, his mechanic of damaging itself with electric attacks is unique, plus the team has decloned him by giving him some different moves from later generations, such as Electro Ball. His Final Smash is also called Volt Tackle, but the mechanic is different from Pikachu's and is more in line with the Pokemon version of the move. Oh, and Pichu's new design gives him the spiky ear from HeartGold and SoulSilver.

The Pokemon Trainer returns, though the stamina element has been removed and selecting the individual Pokemon from the portrait will disable the switching on KO mechanic for those who want to main a specific Pokemon. Note that it is still in effect when the trainer is selected. Also, Charizard has been replaced with a new Pokemon, Blaziken.(Apparently, the Pokemon Company wanted one new Pokemon character in the game and suggested Blaziken to tie in with the rumored Pokemon fighting game.) As far as moves go, he inherits Rock Smash and the Fire Blast portion of Triple Finish, with Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick as his new specials.

As for Charizard, he's been given his own slot and has a reworked move set. His Final Smash is a Mega Evolution into Mega Charizard X. Unlike Giga Bowser and Wario-Man, this transform is permanent (upon being KO'd, he becomes regular Charizard again). In addition to added strength, his move set is changed up with some Dragon-type moves. His Final Smash is Blast Burn.

I'm going to briefly take some time here to address Snake's return. His being cut from the game was never considered by Sakurai, the dev team, or Nintendo. The only issue was whether Konami and Kojima wanted him to return. Luckily, this was the case, with Snake still being Solid Snake (not Big Boss/Naked Snake). And the plan is for David Hayter to reprise the role, though this hasn't been finalized yet. Rumor is that Snake will be revealed in a Nintendo Direct to coincide with a Metal Gear announcement for Wii U.

(To be continued, as it was too long for this post, as well...)

(Continued...)

As for the final character... there's actually a funny story behind it. Earlier builds of the game actually had Goku playable. Sakurai and his team decided to develop him as a joke so that they could have fun messing around with an overpowered character on their lunch breaks. (It was also a good tool to use for balancing purposes, ironically enough.) Eventually, the team got pretty attached to the play style, but obviously couldn't put Goku in the game. So, they decided to give the move set to another character while toning it down to be fun, but fair. When deciding this part, someone suggested that a Smash original character should be on the roster. And that, my friends, is the story of how the last unlockable character in the game became Tabuu.

To recap, there are no cuts from Brawl, and these are the 20 additions to the roster:
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina and Luma
Mega Man
Dr. Mario
K. Rool
Young Link
Drawing Link (part of Young Link)
Ridley
Mewtwo
Pichu
Blaziken (part of Pokemon Trainer, replacing Charizard)
Mega Charizard X (part of standalone Charizard addition)
Roy
Robin
Palutena
Little Mac
Mii
Pac-Man
Tabuu

So if we don't count transforms, Brawl had 35 characters. Of the 20 newcomers, 5 are returns from Melee. Charizard is also getting his own slot, making 41 veterans. Of the fifteen newcomers remaining, three are transforms, bringing it down to 12, of which we know 4 already. That leaves eight unrevealed newcomers in the game and a total of 53 character slots plus the space for Random. To me, this would be a pretty ideal roster. There is also the possibility that we'll see more characters as DLC in the future, but that isn't for certain. We may need to wait for Smash 5.

Of course, you are more than welcome to not believe this roster. To be honest, I'm not sure if I would believe it myself if I was in your shoes. But I figured that I may as well share it with those who are curious to know. And who knows? Knowing the roster now may save you disappointment later on.

This post is much bigger than I anticipated (I had to use three, holy cow), so I think I'll need to stop here. Anyone who's curious about other features in the game, please let me know. I'll try to answer the best I can.

][/QUOTE]

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
The palutena I believe its a real one

1. No mario poses in all 3ds pictures matches the pose in the leak picture
  2. The gloves overhauls and buttons are change and in the supposing first adventure mode picture same changes to mario in that (hard to tell due to size but its true take a good look)
  3. Palutena model does not match brawl nor kid Icarus upspring
  4. No photoshopped/gimped blur spots on mario nor palutena
  5. Same as number 1 except with the background on both
That's my thoughts anyway
1. Very easily photo shopped from a wii u pic to look like a 3ds one
2. and 3. Not evidence because it is TOO well known that people consider those to be marks of authenticity and someone putting in effort is unlikely to over look.
4. Attributable to skill
5. again attributable to a skilled photo shopper

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
2. and 3. Not evidence because it is TOO well known that people consider those to be marks of authenticity and someone putting in effort is unlikely to over look.
4. Attributable to skill
Are you really that dense? The Mario model matches the one from the Adventure update from the 20th. If they took that model and put it into the leaked pictures, there wouldd be clear signs of it being enlarged, no matter how good the photoshopper was. You can't do everything with Photoshop. And if they touched up the Mario model themselves, do you really think that they touched it up in a manner that just so happened to look like a model of Mario two days prior?

Morbi

Scavenger
found a BIGGER LEAK THEN RIDLEY
[QUOTE
Hello, fellow Smash fans. You probably don't care who I am, where I'm from, or what I did, so I won't bother explaining. All you guys want to know is the content of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U, right? So I'll tell you guys what I know, but I can't promise that you'll like it or believe it.

There are a total of 59 characters in the game, including transformations. You know 21 of them already, so that leaves 38 to be revealed.

Let me go ahead and tell you that Sheik is definitely returning, as is Zero Suit Samus. This time, ZSS can be selectable from the character select screen like Sheik in Brawl.

In fact, those of you expecting cuts from Brawl are going to be disappointed: they're all back, though there are some changes in the transition. That leaves 16 "newcomers" in the game. Most of them are going to be unlockable and should be quite a surprise, assuming you turn back now. Don't say I didn't warn you...

I guess I should start off with Ridley. He was the first newcomer that was worked on, though there were doubts as to his inclusion. Apparently, Sakurai wanted to see if he could make him work as a fighter. Needless to say, he did. He has a very unconventional play style, but it made him a unique addition. Ridley's success caused Sakurai to start looking into more unique fighters and play styles, as we've seen with the four newcomers already revealed.

For Mario characters, in addition to Rosalina, Dr. Mario is going to return. He's further decloned from when he was in Melee, using L-shaped pills for a few new attacks. Dr. Luigi is an alt costume.

The DK newcomer has always been between Dixie and K. Rool. Originally, Sakurai wanted to go back to the work on Dixie that he did from Brawl. When he approached Retro Studios regarding the DK series content for Smash, they surprised him by showing off a new design for K. Rool and asking Sakurai to consider him for inclusion. From that point on, both Dixie and K. Rool were planned for the roster. In the end, however, Dixie became lower priority and didn't make it into the final roster. She is being considered for a possible DLC pack for the future. Personally, I think K. Rool was well worth it, as he is extremely fun to play as.

As many predicted, Pit is joined by Palutena as a newcomer for Kid Icarus. I don't know how legitimate the recent "leak" is, but the model appears to match up with her artwork.

As far as Zelda characters, Sakurai was originally going to go back to his Toon Zelda and "Toon Sheik" concept cut from Brawl. However, he decided to bring back another cut character instead: Young Link. Now I know what you're thinking: "Three Links? WTF SAKURAI?!?!" But trust me, it's one of the most imaginative move sets in the game. Let me explain.

Young Link's character design is a mix between Melee (Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask) and Link Between Worlds. For the most part, his play style his pretty similar, but he has a few unique attributes to separate him from Toon Link and reference Majora's Mask. In fact, his Final Smash is a temp transform into Fierce Deity Link. His Down+B move now activates Ravio's Bracelet, transforming him into Drawing Link. He's a 2D fighter in the same vein as Game and Watch, only with a sword and shield. The Bomb move is now Drawing Link's Side B with his other specials and moves utilizing items from Ravio's shop. His Down+B will transform him back into Young Link and for his Final Smash, he summons the Triforce of Lorule, which has the pieces come together, like in the opening to Link to the Past. Once it connects, it sends out an energy burst that damages opponents and causes a transform back into Young Link.

(To be continued on the next post, since I ran out of room...)

Continued...)
There are no other new Zelda characters playable, though Toon Zelda is a candidate for DLC in the future. There's a story going around that early in development, someone suggested King Harkinian for a newcomer. After that day, his desk was cleared out and he was never seen again... Moving on.

On the Fire Emblem front, Roy is going to be returning along with his fire attacks. For the most part, he seems to fit right in with the other characters. The newcomer for Fire Emblem is the avatar character, Robin, from Fire Emblem Awakening. The default design is male, with the female is an alt.

That so called leak around E3, while it may not be truthful, was right about Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man being in the game. The default Miis in the game are Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie (regardless of how that petition does). There are actually twelve color slots for Mii, one for each shirt a created Mii can have, so you could have up to twelve different Miis in each slot. Of course, the game will allow you the option of just using one Mii with different shirt colors as well, if that's more your liking. Pac-Man has a mixture between the classic and modern designs and his home stage is based on the original arcade game. Little Mac is pretty straightforward.

The Pokemon representation this time is very interesting. Jigglypuff's move set has been tweaked to take advantage of her new typing as Normal/Fairy. Mewtwo returns, as many people were hoping for. When trying to decide a newcomer for the series, Plusle and Minun was his first idea, not only because of plans from Brawl, but to represent the Hoenn games. However, during development, they were made a lower priority when the team decided to try and bring every character back. So yes, Pichu is returning from Melee. To be fair, his mechanic of damaging itself with electric attacks is unique, plus the team has decloned him by giving him some different moves from later generations, such as Electro Ball. His Final Smash is also called Volt Tackle, but the mechanic is different from Pikachu's and is more in line with the Pokemon version of the move. Oh, and Pichu's new design gives him the spiky ear from HeartGold and SoulSilver.

The Pokemon Trainer returns, though the stamina element has been removed and selecting the individual Pokemon from the portrait will disable the switching on KO mechanic for those who want to main a specific Pokemon. Note that it is still in effect when the trainer is selected. Also, Charizard has been replaced with a new Pokemon, Blaziken.(Apparently, the Pokemon Company wanted one new Pokemon character in the game and suggested Blaziken to tie in with the rumored Pokemon fighting game.) As far as moves go, he inherits Rock Smash and the Fire Blast portion of Triple Finish, with Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick as his new specials.

As for Charizard, he's been given his own slot and has a reworked move set. His Final Smash is a Mega Evolution into Mega Charizard X. Unlike Giga Bowser and Wario-Man, this transform is permanent (upon being KO'd, he becomes regular Charizard again). In addition to added strength, his move set is changed up with some Dragon-type moves. His Final Smash is Blast Burn.

I'm going to briefly take some time here to address Snake's return. His being cut from the game was never considered by Sakurai, the dev team, or Nintendo. The only issue was whether Konami and Kojima wanted him to return. Luckily, this was the case, with Snake still being Solid Snake (not Big Boss/Naked Snake). And the plan is for David Hayter to reprise the role, though this hasn't been finalized yet. Rumor is that Snake will be revealed in a Nintendo Direct to coincide with a Metal Gear announcement for Wii U.

(To be continued, as it was too long for this post, as well...)

(Continued...)

As for the final character... there's actually a funny story behind it. Earlier builds of the game actually had Goku playable. Sakurai and his team decided to develop him as a joke so that they could have fun messing around with an overpowered character on their lunch breaks. (It was also a good tool to use for balancing purposes, ironically enough.) Eventually, the team got pretty attached to the play style, but obviously couldn't put Goku in the game. So, they decided to give the move set to another character while toning it down to be fun, but fair. When deciding this part, someone suggested that a Smash original character should be on the roster. And that, my friends, is the story of how the last unlockable character in the game became Tabuu.

To recap, there are no cuts from Brawl, and these are the 20 additions to the roster:
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina and Luma
Mega Man
Dr. Mario
K. Rool
Young Link
Drawing Link (part of Young Link)
Ridley
Mewtwo
Pichu
Blaziken (part of Pokemon Trainer, replacing Charizard)
Mega Charizard X (part of standalone Charizard addition)
Roy
Robin
Palutena
Little Mac
Mii
Pac-Man
Tabuu

So if we don't count transforms, Brawl had 35 characters. Of the 20 newcomers, 5 are returns from Melee. Charizard is also getting his own slot, making 41 veterans. Of the fifteen newcomers remaining, three are transforms, bringing it down to 12, of which we know 4 already. That leaves eight unrevealed newcomers in the game and a total of 53 character slots plus the space for Random. To me, this would be a pretty ideal roster. There is also the possibility that we'll see more characters as DLC in the future, but that isn't for certain. We may need to wait for Smash 5.

Of course, you are more than welcome to not believe this roster. To be honest, I'm not sure if I would believe it myself if I was in your shoes. But I figured that I may as well share it with those who are curious to know. And who knows? Knowing the roster now may save you disappointment later on.

This post is much bigger than I anticipated (I had to use three, holy cow), so I think I'll need to stop here. Anyone who's curious about other features in the game, please let me know. I'll try to answer the best I can.

]
[/quote]
Fake, based on that one sentence.I would elaborate, but I am not really in the mood. Even Sakurai doesn't know the final roster (not the finalized roster, the final roster) yet as he still has time to develop characters. Closer to launch, the priority list is going to be more significant and characters low on that list are probably going to be cut.

If this is real, I commend Sakurai for stating that 39 is feasible, but adding 20 newcomers. That is pretty insane.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Are you really that dense? The Mario model matches the one from the Adventure update from the 20th. If they took that model and put it into the leaked pictures, there wouldd be clear signs of it being enlarged, no matter how good the photoshopper was. You can't do everything with Photoshop. And if they touched up the Mario model themselves, do you really think that they touched it up in a manner that just so happened to look like a model of Mario two days prior?
would you mind reading my comment farther up the page?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
would you mind reading my comment farther up the page?
Whatever comment you made prior doesn't matter to me. I was trying to make a point towards you saying the fourth point that dude made is "Attributable to skill". No matter how skilled you are, you can't make either of these models look as convincing as they do.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Whatever comment you made prior doesn't matter to me. I was trying to make a point towards you saying the fourth point that dude made is "Attributable to skill". No matter how skilled you are, you can't make either of these models look as convincing as they do.
So if you aren't interested in a discussion would you mind not throwing insults around then?

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
But you don't get it, it was obviously some dude who was so pro at photoshop that he had god level skill. He was also someone who didn't go to school or work so he obviously had enough time to do all that for no other reason than he just can.

It totally can't be some on contract game tester or something that took a pic on his phone when no one was looking at his office, that theory has less assumptions. Remember Occam's razor, the theory that has the most assumptions is to be the accepted one...or was that the other way around?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
4. Attributable to skill
Ok?

1 you will not find a 3ds NOR wii u one that matches the mario pose

2 & 3 look at photo evidence near the begining (brawl the crown is incorrect) (upspring looks simular but definatly not due to ordiments and skin tone)

4 oh plllease I really doubt that's even possible to fake

5 same as 1 except with background

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So if you aren't interested in a discussion would you mind not throwing insults around then?
I am interested in your discussion. Interested in why you think your points are valid. I will admit, your theory about the leaker having the picture ready, and adding the new Mario model in later is valid, and I did talk about it with some others. But you can't claim anything can be attributed to Photoshop skills. Contrary to what you may believe, Photoshop does have some hard limits.
But you don't get it, it was obviously some dude who was so pro at photoshop that he had god level skill. He was also someone who didn't go to school or work so he obviously had enough time to do all that for no other reason than he just can.

It totally can't be some on contract game tester or something that took a pic on his phone when no one was looking at his office, that theory has less assumptions. Remember Occam's razor, the theory that has the most assumptions is to be the accepted one...or was that the other way around?
Oh, yes. Clearly this is what happened. How could I have been so dense? :laugh: (I hope you're joking, because I'm joking here)

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
...I guess the people who made the models aren't skilled enough to make the models?
[/devil's advocate]

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Wow, what a pile of rubbish!

Granted, this roster has some pretty darn creative ideas in it, no cuts from Brawl, returning Melee vets, and popular choices, I still think it's a bit much and doubt we'll see 53 character slots. Sounds like a pathetic weasel with no time on his hands...

Also,

This made me lol.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why did this thread suddenly get active again? Nothing's happening. Go to bed.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Wow, what a pile of rubbish!

Granted, this roster has some pretty darn creative ideas in it, no cuts from Brawl, returning Melee vets, and popular choices, I still think it's a bit much and doubt we'll see 53 character slots. Sounds like a pathetic weasel with no time on his hands...

Also,

This made me lol.
Did you mean too much time on his hands? :p

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Oh, yes. Clearly this is what happened. How could I have been so dense? :laugh: (I hope you're joking, because I'm joking here)
I am, I find relisthain's theory to have more assumptions made for that theory to be correct, I mean, the person who made the pics would not only have to be extremely good at photoshop, they would also need nothing going on in their lives for those two days, plus he'd have to be the most contrived thought process ever to think things like "I should update mario's look because if it's too similar to past pictures (despite being in a different pose) then people will not accept it as real because they expect the designs to be updated since the game progressed" I mean, come on, is there anyone who thinks that hard on such an unproductive hobby? Really, it's not like he gets a dollar for every person he convinces and with his level of photoshop, he wouldn't need to put that much thought into convincing people.

Seriously this time, since the pics being real is a much less contrived theory, it's the one that should be accepted.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Whoops. I should read before I post. My apologies. But really, why take the time to make three whole posts of it?
Nah, it's all good. Just helping you figure out your mistakes!

And yeah, I find this leak hard to believe. Sakurai said he didn't have time to import all the characters from past Smash Bros. in, but with 59 characters, I would think he would have more than enough time to import them all in. But that's just me.

And three whole posts seems a bit too much to me.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Alright, so from what I've gathered with each leak, in order to make a successful leak, you must:

A. Include at least one newcomer in your leak.
B. Show off something already known.
C. Do something random that people will consider clever.
D. Import some models from the pictures, if you are making a picture.
E. Have one controversial choice in there.

So, here we go!

View attachment 7332

"Pic of the Day. Introducing, the Box Art Battlefield, a stage on both versions. See how many of your favorite box arts are present, like Wario Land: Shake It!! and Metroid Other M! Also, King K. Rool is a newcomer and Ridley is a stage hazard, blowing up the Game Boy cartridges which hold these cases together."

This picture is legit. :troll:
Not blurry enough. 0/10 would not overhype.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
That bad? So bad that even GameFaqs doesn't believe it? Wow.
Yeah, not one person believed it. One person said it was fake for no Shulk, others for Charizard being his own slot and Blaziken taking his place in PT, and of course, the whole Goku thing. (Though according to him, it was just a joke and they never intended to have him in.)

I still think that it had some interesting ideas (such as with Young Link), but I doubt that we'll see all of them, maybe one or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom