• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai will troll us: He will wait until we get much closer to the release of SSB4 and not confirm or deconfirm Palutena in the next weeks in order to keep us nervous about this leak or faked leak.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yet another supposed leak struck down. But Palutena is still going on strong. :troll:
Again, there is only one true leak, and we are her prophets.

But there are people out there who still doubt any leaks Nintendo-related are real.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Newest leaker just posted his "predicted" pokemon list.
Abomasnow
Bellossom
Binacle
Bonsly
Celebi
Chikorita
Deoxys
Dialga
Electrode
Entei
Genesect
Gogoat
Goldeen
Goodra
Groudon
Gulpin
Hawlucha
Ho-Oh
Jirachi
Klefki
Kyogre
Kyurem
Kyurem
Latias
Latios
Lucario
Lugia
Manaphy
Meowth
Mew
Moltres
Munchlax
Oshawott
Palkia
Reshiram
Snivy
Snorlax
Suicune
Tepig
Togepi
Victini
Weavile
Wobbuffet
Yveltal
Xerneas
Zekom
Zoroark

Victini apparently "...floats to the center of the screen, waves a peace sign, and then zooms offscreen with a jet stream of fire that expands when it hits the ground, hitting nearby fighters."
Nooooooooo pokeball victiniiiiii D:

I don't believe this. I refuse to. :cry:

And considering the mewtwo situation overall, I have no doubt he'll be the only veteran to get a video of his return

peachy!

super princess
Remove Mii, Pac-Man, Lip, and Dillon and this list would be amazing.
Mii and Pac-Man were only added because they're widely expected characters after the E3 leak, but they're not really personal favorites of mine.

Dillon and Lip, though! I think they both have moveset potential, with Dillon being a great representative for the 3DS, and Lip being an obscure character. She's had a bit of representation in Smash, though, in the form of music, stickers, and an item.

Oh, also, I totally forgot about Takamaru. He's definitely one of my wanted characters.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Again, there is only one true leak, and we are her prophets.

But there are people out there who still doubt any leaks Nintendo-related are real.
Well, you can't say they are wrong until you know you're right ;)
We have no confirmation and no thing deconfirming the Palutena screens. Therefore both opinions should be accepted. However someone taking an obvious fake "leak" for real is of course wrong.

I still look at the screens and I'll stay sceptic until we get a clear confirmation. You know: It's also too early to say the Palutena screens are real too, because getting your expectations on the inclusion of Palutena up also risks to be killed by a deconfirmation of Palutena as a playable character. I don't want to expect something highly and I prefer getting surprised later on instead.

So to be honest: you should not see the screens black or white meaning the screens have to be true or false. Until now, we are not able to say such a thing. So we are in a grey zone where it could be both. After all there is no reason pointing on people who don't want to see the screens already as a confirmed reality until we have true evidence from Sakurai himself.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
And considering the mewtwo situation overall, I have no doubt he'll be the only veteran to get a video of his return
Sonic already got one and snake might get one as well if we are wrong about snake getting kicked

(And plus to help show that snake might come back reminder that the reason snake got confirmed because his friend hideo kajimo
Ask him too and I thought would sakurai betray his friend not likely but however the only counter attack hes permanently confirmed in 3 so possibly once is enough)

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Oh I also expect like 3 or 4 cuts from Brawl as well. So more like 9-11 possible newcomers.

People went over board thinking Brawl would have 50+ characters, and it didn't happen. Brawl only had 10 more characters then Melee after cuts happen.

My scenario is hella more plausible then those expecting 50+ characters again.
Yeah they cut 5 so it was like 16

I only see pkmn trainer And snake being cut. POSSIBLY lucad

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Mii and Pac-Man were only added because they're widely expected characters after the E3 leak, but they're not really personal favorites of mine.

Dillon and Lip, though! I think they both have moveset potential, with Dillon being a great representative for the 3DS, and Lip being an obscure character. She's had a bit of representation in Smash, though, in the form of music, stickers, and an item.

Oh, also, I totally forgot about Takamaru. He's definitely one of my wanted characters.
I'm kind of biased towards Dillon, because I bought the first Dillon's Rolling Western, and couldn't beat the second level. :p
Lip, I just don't know much about.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Oh I also expect like 3 or 4 cuts from Brawl as well. So more like 9-11 possible newcomers.

People went over board thinking Brawl would have 50+ characters, and it didn't happen. Brawl only had 10 more characters then Melee after cuts happen.

My scenario is hella more plausible then those expecting 50+ characters again.
Yeah they cut 5 so it was like 16

I only see pkmn trainer And snake being cut. POSSIBLY lucas

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So Jigglypuff has a unique artwork, so it's automatically fake? The same thing happened with Luigi. He has a different artwork than last game.
But that's different. Luigi's artwork has varied from game to game. In fact, I'm pretty sure everyone's artwork varies from game to game. Jigglypuff's doesn't.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
After the palutena leak I feel like there's going to be no more good leaks.
That depends on many different factors. There's the obvious one of whether it is legit or not ( though, I think at this point we should just assume real until shown to be fake, atleast for the sake of discussion), then how many people have access to the game, if there's many people that are just game testers working on the game then there's more people who are likely to leak information. We should also consider what happened to the person that leaked the pictures. If they got away with it, then I don't see why they, or others, wouldn't leak more pictures. If they didn't get away with it, then how were they penalized? If the person got caught and was punished for breaching a nondisclosure agreement, then I wouldn't expect any more leaks for they were most probably made an example of so no one else would do that.

Of course, there is no way to know any of this information, this is all in studio stuff, so probably kept very quiet. Though I suppose we'll have all the answers to these questions that we need in a couple weeks. If there's no leaks, then that person was obviously caught and punished, if we get leaks then we know that the floodgates have now opened.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
But that's different. Luigi's artwork has varied from game to game. In fact, I'm pretty sure everyone's artwork varies from game to game. Jigglypuff's doesn't.
Maybe Sakurai realized how bland Jigglypuff's artwork was and decided to change it. Character artwork patterns aren't set in stone. They can change.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I imagine that after the Palutena leak security is going to be even more tight in the offices, so another "real" one is next to impossible.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I imagine that after the Palutena leak security is going to be even more tight in the offices, so another "real" one is next to impossible.
Am I the only one here who thinks Sakurai might not even be aware of the leak if this is real?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Am I the only one here who thinks Sakurai might not even be aware of the leak if this is real?
I think we'll never know. If this leak is real, I'd imagine Sakurai would try to pass Lady Palutena off as if the leak never existed.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I think we'll never know. If this leak is real, I'd imagine Sakurai would try to pass Lady Palutena off as if the leak never existed.
I wonder if someone's showed it to him on twitter or something. Then he'd get all pissed and go on a manhunt for the leaker. :joyful:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Going by the PotD that followed right after the leak, I think he does. But I think you're right and we'll never be certain if that is the case. Regardless, as long as Palutena does end up playable, I don't mind either way.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I wonder if someone's showed it to him on twitter or something. Then he'd get all pissed and go on a manhunt for the leaker. :joyful:
If this leak is real, that person is either fired... or currently being tortured. :p
Going by the PotD that followed right after the leak, I think he does. But I think you're right and we'll never be certain if that is the case. Regardless, as long as Palutena does end up playable, I don't mind either way.
Yeah. I don't think the PotD that came after the leak was a coincidence. But, yeah. As long as Lady Palutena is someone I can play as, it doesn't matter to me if he acknowledges the leak or not.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I think the PotD was a coincidence, honestly. I'm pretty sure they're planned in advance too.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just a quick update, Mr. Prediction has claimed that Waluigi will have a tennis racket icon in the game.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Just a quick update, Mr. Prediction has claimed that Waluigi will have a tennis racket icon in the game.

And that kind of throws a LOT of things out the window. And makes this not really believeable.

"Hey, let's give Luigi a Boo Icon!"
It's exactly like that.

D

Deleted member

Would not mind this actually.
Separates him from the "main" Mario cast while not "forcing" him into Wario's turf.

Not that it's going to happen, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom