• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
But I'm not counting Mewtwo among those 10-12 newcomers. It's a veteran, I don't see how someone could say it's not?
Some people consider Mewtwo a newcomer in terms of Smash 4. I generally do, as I presume he would get the newcomer treatment with like a trailer and such.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Some people consider Mewtwo a newcomer in terms of Smash 4. I generally do, as I presume he would get the newcomer treatment with like a trailer and such.
Yeah, I get what you mean, but it's a veteran by definition, as it has appeared in Smash games. Whether it would get a trailer is an interesting one. It could get the Sonic treatment without a full-blown CGI trailer maybe?

Also, it's not really a newcomer from a development perspective if it largely retains its moves (but of course is tweaked so it doesn't totally suck).

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Yeah, I get what you mean, but it's a veteran by definition, as it has appeared in Smash games. Whether it would get a trailer is an interesting one. It could get the Sonic treatment without a full-blown CGI trailer maybe?

Also, it's not really a newcomer from a development perspective if it largely retains its moves (but of course is tweaked so it doesn't totally suck).
True. Really just depends on POV.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
well if people really only expects 10 then the roster will be pretty disappointing considering the very believable leaks.

1)villager
2)megaman
3) wi fit trainer
4) rosalina
5) palutena
6) Mii
7) little mac
8) pacman
9) prob a dk rep dixie kong
10) ??
These leaks come from nobodies on the internet trying to herd pathetic sheep. They are not from actual staff members, these kind of things slipping past the radar with the hawk-like eyes of executives is rather asinine. They are the type of people that try to bait you, watching you fall for their lies and start squirming. These people don't know much, just like any other person. But I will say that the newcomers are not going to be like this, if anyone had any experience with the design of the games and the actual events of what happens, then these choices are contrary to what will actually happen.

Last edited:

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Newest leaker just posted his "predicted" pokemon list.
Abomasnow
Bellossom
Binacle
Bonsly
Celebi
Chikorita
Deoxys
Dialga
Electrode
Entei
Genesect
Gogoat
Goldeen
Goodra
Groudon
Gulpin
Hawlucha
Ho-Oh
Jirachi
Klefki
Kyogre
Kyurem
Kyurem
Latias
Latios
Lucario
Lugia
Manaphy
Meowth
Mew
Moltres
Munchlax
Oshawott
Palkia
Reshiram
Snivy
Snorlax
Suicune
Tepig
Togepi
Victini
Weavile
Wobbuffet
Yveltal
Xerneas
Zekom
Zoroark

Victini apparently "...floats to the center of the screen, waves a peace sign, and then zooms offscreen with a jet stream of fire that expands when it hits the ground, hitting nearby fighters."

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
well if people really only expects 10 then the roster will be pretty disappointing considering the very believable leaks.

1)villager
2)megaman
3) wi fit trainer
4) rosalina
5) palutena
6) Mii
7) little mac
8) pacman
10) ??
10 newcomers is believable but 12 even more believable (by the way don't get me wrong thats believable newcomers)

The 12 would be all of the ones in the quote

11) Ridley
12)a retro rep (aka takamaru or Mach rider)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
At this point I think it's been reviewed to death to the point that we are going to have to wait and see. The fact that it hasn't been proved false at this point means it's lasted longer then any other leak we've received so far but at the same time there is no way to 100% confirm something like this until it is revealed. We've done all we can on it in the meantime.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
This leak is dirty trailer park garbage. The only reveal I can see happening on January 30th are the Ice Climbers, for 2 very logical reasons:

1) It's the anniversary of their NES game.

2) It's cold as f*ck here in Canada.
Preaching the choir on that one. Walking between buildings for classes freezes my nose.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I can tell you: It's fake.
It looks "believable". But it's fake.
Come on, anyone with time and a little talent can fake a 3DS pic.
Yes, given enough time and effort yes, it's possible to replicate anything, however, there is a point where if enough time is taken where it is difficult to say for absolute certainty whether it actually fake or not. At this point I would say trying to say for absolute certain that it is or is not fake is kind of silly as there isn't enough evidence for it either way. The reason it is more believable to a lot of people is that this forum, this board that is known for tearing these apart and proving them false have been unable to come up with an absolute answer.

peachy!

super princess

1)villager
2)megaman
3) wi fit trainer
4) rosalina
5) palutena
6) Mii
7) little mac
8) pacman
10) ??
I'd be happier if the newcomers turn out to be:

1) Villager
2) Megaman
3) Wii Fit Trainer
4) Rosalina
5) Little Mac
6) Pac-Man
7) Mii
8) Palutena
9) Shulk
10) Chrom
11) Isaac
12) Ridley
13) K. Rool
14) Lip
15) Dillon

Now that would be a fantastic roster, IMHO! I know many try to hold back on the number of newcomers because of what Sakurai has stated, but he always surprises us. And Nintendo cannot afford to mess up this game, given how poorly their systems are selling. They need a game that moves consoles, one besides Mario Kart. And Smash Bros. just happens to be that kind of game.

P.S. I did not count Mewtwo as a newcomer, and I did not include cuts, though I am fairly positive that some characters from past installments will not return.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Thats horrible. I wait 2+ years for only like 7 more characters from brawl
Oh I also expect like 3 or 4 cuts from Brawl as well. So more like 9-11 possible newcomers.

People went over board thinking Brawl would have 50+ characters, and it didn't happen. Brawl only had 10 more characters then Melee after cuts happen.

My scenario is hella more plausible then those expecting 50+ characters again.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

1) Villager
2) Megaman
3) Wii Fit Trainer
4) Rosalina
5) Little Mac
6) Pac-Man
7) Mii
8) Palutena
9) Shulk
10) Chrom
11) Isaac
12) Ridley
13) K. Rool
14) Lip
15) Dillon

Now that would be a fantastic roster, IMHO! I know many try to hold back on the number of newcomers because of what Sakurai has stated, but he always surprises us. And Nintendo cannot afford to mess up this game, given how poorly their systems are selling. They need a game that moves consoles, one besides Mario Kart. And Smash Bros. just happens to be that kind of game.

P.S. I did not count Mewtwo as a newcomer, and I did not include cuts, though I am fairly positive that some characters from past installments will not return.
Amen

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I can tell you: It's fake.
It looks "believable". But it's fake.
Come on, anyone with time and a little talent can fake a 3DS pic.
But can anyone with a "little talent" manage to:
  • Take a tiny model of Mario from a pic two days ago and zoom it in with absolutely no blurring
  • Make an entirely new model of Lady Palutena
  • Create a new background for Battlefield
  • Put Mario and Lady Palutena on said background
  • Obverse every single 3DS pic of the day to make sure nothing they've done contradicts the facts
All in a little over 48 hours?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm fairly certain that character reveals, newcomers or otherwise, are going to become more frequent as time goes on. The only way that wouldn't happen is if some remained a secret (unlockables) till the game actually came out.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm fairly certain that character reveals, newcomers or otherwise, are going to become more frequent as time goes on. The only way that wouldn't happen is if some remained a secret (unlockables) till the game actually came out.
Indeed, especially if the game is really out in the Summer. We are really only 5 months off from June afterall.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Allow me to quote one of my posts in a different thread, so as to give you my opinion on that matter:
I don't think newcomers will be kept secret. Gotta keep the masses excited somehow, no? If anything, they might get a Brawl dojo treatment, with them being hidden under a ??? mark thing, and a warning telling you "Hey, bro. Dis be some top secret stuff. You sure you wanna look, man?"

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I didn't necessarily say newcomers will be kept hidden, just some characters in general. Then again characters that were unlockable previously, like Marth and Luigi, are already known now, so what does that mean...

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
I am guessing typing out your dream but reasonable news comers is off topic but eh.
I would like to end up with
1) Villager
2) Megaman
3) Wii Fit Trainer
4) Rosalina
5) Little Mac
6) Palutena
7) Shulk
8) Chrom
9) Isaac
10) Ridley
11) K. Rool

12) captain syrup
13) Simon Belmont
14) Dracula
15) Dr eggman (robotnik)
16) miriel
17) Waluigi
And a very unlikely character that would be awesome to play as 18) Zero from mega man x

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Probably not, but that is what keeps getting thrown around the rumor mill. I could maybe see the end of summer to early fall though.
Honestly the way I see it is either a late summer/early fall release like you say, or a holiday time like December or even delayed into 2015, and knowing Sakurai that's quite possible. And that's just for the Wii U version. :dizzy:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649

1) Villager
2) Megaman
3) Wii Fit Trainer
4) Rosalina
5) Little Mac
6) Pac-Man
7) Mii
8) Palutena
9) Shulk
10) Chrom
11) Isaac
12) Ridley
13) K. Rool
14) Lip
15) Dillon

Remove Mii, Pac-Man, Lip, and Dillon and this list would be amazing.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Another Blurry Leak Appeared!

That pose bears almost too much of a resemblance to one of her taunts in Brawl.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That pose bears almost too much of a resemblance to one of her taunts in Brawl.
To be fair, they used Luigi's taunt as his main picture.
But what I don't get is the picture. It doesn't feel like the rest... It feels like it was copied, not drawn...

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
To be fair, they used Luigi's taunt as his main picture.
But what I don't get is the picture. It doesn't feel like the rest... It feels like it was copied, not drawn...
True. But I'm fairly certain they just took Jigglypuff's taunt pose, touched it up a bit, and stuck it in there.

Also, why would Jigglypuff's background be green? I know it's the color of its eyes, but still.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
True. But I'm fairly certain they just took Jigglypuff's taunt pose, touched it up a bit, and stuck it in there.

Also, why would Jigglypuff's background be green? I know it's the color of its eyes, but still.
Not only that, it's very similar to Wii Fit Trainer's background color...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Another Blurry Leak Appeared!

That's likely WTF's Background, and that's a Jigglypuff taunt from Brawl. Looks too much like a retouched Brawl Model to me. Debunked.

Last edited:

Kef

Smash Apprentice
Man, people are trying to take advantage of the people's weakness to leaks right now.

Photoshopped Brawl Jiggly taunt, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom