• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle Squad (General Disc.)

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
You can still uair after dair, it just adds more damage
Eh, I just prefer how meaty the UpAir sounds when it connects compared to the Dair. Makes me feel like Squirtle has the power of a thousands Bowser's. Odd reason to prefer the move over the other but that's just how I am. Also, I feel that hitting an airborne opponent with a Dair gives them more opportunities to SDI out of it.

Or I could just suck at using Dair, that would make more sense.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys, I learned the Diddy Slayer

Glide Toss forward -> Dsmash. It's beautiful.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys, can water gun please be replaced by something that spawns an item. His ground glide toss game is so epic and it will be untapped ;-;

Edit: Squirtle learns Fling, item spawn is in character ;-;

Last edited:

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Guys, can water gun please be replaced by something that spawns an item. His ground glide toss game is so epic and it will be untapped ;-;

Edit: Squirtle learns Fling, item spawn is in character ;-;
Neutral b is just bananas in 4.0

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Worse. In remembrance of the Squirtle Squad episode from the T.V. show, they've devolved Electrode back into Voltorb and he now spawns them for his NeutralB.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Went to a 60 man tourney today and got 7th :D
The only two sets I got recorded were the ones that I lost though lol. Once they get uploaded I'll throw them up on the video thread for critique.
I know the obvious things that I did wrong and they mostly come from nerves but hopefully somebody can provide some better insight.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Ey i got 5th yesterday at a tournament but i had to forfeit and leave before i could play more. was pretty much guaranteed 3rd had i continued.
I actually SDd once every game at the least it's so annoying :l

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If you stop holding Forward on the Control Stick at any point after Squirtle starts moving in the opposite direction (anytime after the beginning of the "slinging"), Squirtle is, in many ways, considered to be in neutral position. That means that you can Jab, Grab (and consequently Hydrograb) Shield, D-Tilt, Bubble, Water Gun...at any time during the second half of a shellshift. Using any of these options will largely halt the forward momentum caused by the shellshift.

This is a big deal because the net effect is like a wavedash (albeit one that doesn't go as far as Squirtle's normal one) that you can use your various options out of (which still includes regular wavedashing and the otherwise-standard shellshift stuff). It is why I feel that zoning in neutral is Squirtle's strongest strategy, and it should be a much bigger part of how you tailor your neutral game.

didds

Smash Lord
Started using water gun more, no one ever sees it coming and I almost always land a grab off of it. yipppppeeeeeee

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Utaunt gives water gun.
Side taunt gives nanners.
Dtaunt gives falco laser.

THIS IS FAIR AND BALANCED AND GOOD I PROMISE
Idfk why you think we need lazorz cuz all I need is a banana to tear everyone a new one

I need a doubles partner who plays diddy and all they do is drop Nanners for me

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Idfk why you think we need lazorz cuz all I need is a banana to tear everyone a new one

I need a doubles partner who plays diddy and all they do is drop Nanners for me
Come to Oklahoma and team with me. My Diddy is hella fraudulent but I'm pretty good at just playing with bananas all game.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Come to Oklahoma and team with me. My Diddy is hella fraudulent but I'm pretty good at just playing with bananas all game.
Oklahoma is so far away. It would be like an 8-10 hour drive. But that's Texas's fault for being so damn big...

Burnsy

Smash Lord
If you stop holding Forward on the Control Stick at any point after Squirtle starts moving in the opposite direction (anytime after the beginning of the "slinging"), Squirtle is, in many ways, considered to be in neutral position. That means that you can Jab, Grab (and consequently Hydrograb) Shield, D-Tilt, Bubble, Water Gun...at any time during the second half of a shellshift. Using any of shellshift options will largely halt the forward momentum caused by the shellshift.

This is a big deal because the net effect is like a wavedash (albeit one that doesn't go as far as Squirtle's normal one) that you can use your various options out of (which still includes regular wavedashing and the otherwise-standard shellshift stuff). It is why I feel that zoning in neutral is Squirtle's strongest strategy, and it should be a much bigger part of how you tailor your neutral game.
I've talked about this on these forums a few times now. Are you just trying to clarify something or summarize, or is this in response to someone?
Either way its not well known enough so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Also I dont get why people are asking for lasers and bananas. This character IS bananas. (Seriously though guys watergun is fine. It has lots of solid uses and if you think its bad then you're just not very good at using it.)

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Where are you in Texas?
Sort of the centerish area, near San Antonio if you know where that is. Also it's taken us about 8ish hours before to drive to OK, to visit family and stuff, and I dont think they lived too far inward.
I've talked about this on these forums a few times now. Are you just trying to clarify something or summarize, or is this in response to someone?

Also I dont get why people are asking for lasers and bananas. This character IS bananas. (Seriously though guys watergun is fine. It has lots of solid uses and if you think its bad then you're just not very good at using it.)
We were just joking around, sort of. Squirtle being able to spawn Nanners would be too op

~Dad~

part time gay dad

Squirtle needs a gun.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Sort of the centerish area, near San Antonio if you know where that is. Also it's taken us about 8ish hours before to drive to OK, to visit family and stuff, and I dont think they lived too far inward.
I'm not too sure where cities are in relation to one another in Texas but I was in Austin for the fourth of July weekend. Ended up going to a weekly there and getting ninth.

I should not have gotten ninth, I was uhh, not exactly all there for the tournament lol.

didds

Smash Lord
I'm on board for that costume, I'm honestly giggling to myself like a school girl over the image.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Help me with Fox/Falco matchup. It's the only thing I lose to in tournaments :(
Dsmash is your friend. Pretty sure you can combo 0 to like 50isg with it.

Imo, Fox/Falco is Squirtle's easiest matchup, all his moves string together very well against them.

Top Bottom