• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle Squad (General Disc.)

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I could start the group now. People would just need to send me their skype names.

Omega Male

Smash Cadet
Well lets stop talking about it and put something into action, :D I would make one myself but I don't feel like I am active enough on smashboards to lead it, nor do I know much about Squirtle yet

Skype is xthesavior

Last edited:

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I'll be unable to participate for a few days, I'm moving to a new place tomorrow and I'll have to set up internet. I'm not opposed to you all going on ahead without me for the time being, it would be nice to establish an attendance list, but when I can join i'll stubbornly force us all to use google hangouts for sake of my bandwidth.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
I'll be unable to participate for a few days, I'm moving to a new place tomorrow and I'll have to set up internet. I'm not opposed to you all going on ahead without me for the time being, it would be nice to establish an attendance list, but when I can join i'll stubbornly force us all to use google hangouts for sake of my bandwidth.
Hangoutspls.
Skype is so last year everybody who's anybody is on Hangouts now.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I dont know how to use hangouts, so I guess we should wait until Daftatt can get it set up

Zwarm

Smash Hero
zombieswarm71 for skype

+1 for Skype, I'm not on my computer enough to warrant using hangout, I mostly do everything from my phone nowadays.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Yeah it's the best thing. I'm on android so it's my primary messing app because it handles SMS too.

Also I added you on Skype.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Smash Lord
The impatience. Not very becoming of a squirtle main :p.

But yea. I would have already made the group, but I'm on vacation with the fam and the internet is surprisingly hard to come by.

Last edited:

~Dad~

part time gay dad
The impatience. Not very becoming of a squirtle main :p.

But yea. I would have already made the group, but I'm on vacation with the fam and the internet is surprisingly hard to come by.
Impatience is the reason I lose most of my matches. If somebody plays defensively against me I get bored and do silly Squirtle things.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
OH MY GOD I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO HYDROPLANE DSMASH AND GET DISTANCE WITH IT

SO HAPPY

It also seems I learned to 50/50 fsmashing in the direction i'm hydroplaning. Dunno how i'm managing that yhough.

Last edited:

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
OH MY GOD I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO HYDROPLANE DSMASH AND GET DISTANCE WITH IT

SO HAPPY

It also seems I learned to 50/50 fsmashing in the direction i'm hydroplaning. Dunno how i'm managing that yhough.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
So how does everyone go about fsmashing in the direction they hydroplane in? I'm wondering if the way I found to do it is new or not

cocy965

Smash Rookie
This one dude and I (md/va region, so maybe you guys didnt hear it) started a discussion a few weeks ago lol. You can add me on skype @ seamoose-- and I can add you guys to it (if no one already made another)

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
So how does everyone go about fsmashing in the direction they hydroplane in? I'm wondering if the way I found to do it is new or not
I don't actually know how to do it, it's the only tech I haven't learned yet. Any tips?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Well the way I've done it so far is smashing the stick for the shell shift and then when I fsmash putting it BETWEEN the 90 and 45 positions. There's a fine line to it, but it may have something to do with me using a CC too

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
I'll have to practice that when I get home, it's a much safer option then trying to connect with the reverse hit of normal hydroplaned f-smash, while delivering the same result. Although reverse hit hydroplaned F-smash (AKA "Silver Chariot") is a super manly way to kill.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Best way to kill is forward-angled-dtilt into fair + pause
then zoom in on squirtle's grin
lol, is that to prevent correct DI? Because fair murders the crap out of no DI

Also, I'm unaware that d-tilt can be angled... Is this true?

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
lol, is that to prevent correct DI? Because fair murders the crap out of no DI

Also, I'm unaware that d-tilt can be angled... Is this true?
the forward angles dtilt is the shell move not the tail attack
crawl dtilt iuno wat its called

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Crawl attack, crawl tilt works too.

*edit* ooooh what if we used the usual naming scheme and say its a "ctilt"?

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
New application of hydroplane fsmash in the direction you're hydroplaning:

If you release it without charging, I think it doubles or nearly doubles the length he flings himself in the shell. You lose the option to slide, but it covers a huge distance. I'll upload video later

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
New application of hydroplane fsmash in the direction you're hydroplaning:

If you release it without charging, I think it doubles or nearly doubles the length he flings himself in the shell. You lose the option to slide, but it covers a huge distance. I'll upload video later
I kept on wondering why the AT thread said you have to charge it to get any distance. I rarely charge my hydroplane FSmash in either direction (unless I'm going for a edgeguard), just because you fling yourself farther afterwards doing so then if you were sliding during the charge. At least in my experience that's how it works.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I kept on wondering why the AT thread said you have to charge it to get any distance. I rarely charge my hydroplane FSmash in either direction (unless I'm going for a edgeguard), just because you fling yourself farther afterwards doing so then if you were sliding during the charge. At least in my experience that's how it works.
It only works if you dont charge it at all, and it has to be at a certain point. Also you're supposed to charge it because it kills momentum

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Hydro-pivot F-smash is definitely the easier way to forward hydroplane F-smash I've found.

Also I started practicing the shellectric slide, but I'm starting to wonder if this is the single weirdest squirtle AT in existence. Especially when his crawl animation speeds up dramatically, seriously does anyone have a mechanical explanation for why the shellectric slide works?

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Hydro-pivot F-smash is definitely the easier way to forward hydroplane F-smash I've found.

Also I started practicing the shellectric slide, but I'm starting to wonder if this is the single weirdest squirtle AT in existence. Especially when his crawl animation speeds up dramatically, seriously does anyone have a mechanical explanation for why the shellectric slide works?
I seriously have no idea why it works, but if you happen to be messing around on the training stage at some point with some friends, try performing it on one side of the map and crawl all the way to the other (the sped up version of course). I got everyone in the room to just drop their controllers. Utilizing this sheer oddity of a tech could probably prove useful in distracting your opponent :D

But seriously, it seems that pressing down and away at any point will sometimes transfer all of your momentum. I can get it work from just a regular run animation as well, albeit you don't travel nearly as far of course.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
I seriously have no idea why it works, but if you happen to be messing around on the training stage at some point with some friends, try performing it on one side of the map and crawl all the way to the other (the sped up version of course). I got everyone in the room to just drop their controllers. Utilizing this sheer oddity of a tech could probably prove useful in distracting your opponent :D

But seriously, it seems that pressing down and away at any point will sometimes transfer all of your momentum. I can get it work from just a regular run animation as well, albeit you don't travel nearly as far of course.
I say we keep it a secret form Cmart and Oro?! so it stays in the next build, it's just too epic.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's just a quirk with his movement. He had something similar in Brawl, though it wasn't to the same degree. I don't see any reason for it to go away.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
It's just a quirk with his movement. He had something similar in Brawl, though it wasn't to the same degree. I don't see any reason for it to go away.
Welp, i guess you can't keep secrets from the PMBR. I'll take squirtle's jank all the way to the bank!

Top Bottom