• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Hey guys, I have a Smash itch. Someone needs to Smash with me sometime later this week.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
HEY WAIT A MINUTE I HAD A BUNCH OF QUALMS G-VICE[collapse="[img]a[/img]"][/collapse]
You shouldn't have...I mean that was my piece of pizza. So I'm not sure what the whole argument was about, which is why I got heated. I'm sorry if Arby made you uncomfortable, that was really out of character for him. For me, not so much. I get heated easily :x

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Nah nah that wasn't it. I've just never liked people giving me food. Its weird, I know, and by all means, I don't think it is a bad habit AT ALL to offer people free food. I've just always been weird about it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I used to be the same way Wretched. Trust me, it gets easier to take free food ;)
Lol...

"Can we have our checks please?"

"Oh guys, I didn't even bring my wallet since I'm broke." -Arby

"..."

*Arkansas then plays rock,paper,scissors to see who picks up his tab

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Nah dude, I make a point to remind everyone I got no moneyz when I'm invited to eat. DON'T SLANDER ME GOOD MAN.

Besides Vts always picks it up at those times :D

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Nah dude, I make a point to remind everyone I got no moneyz when I'm invited to eat. DON'T SLANDER ME GOOD MAN.

Besides Vts always picks it up at those times :D
Lol, it's true. You really should be putting out for that guy as many times as he's picked up your tab :)

He's a good dude.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I know two guys who are interested. Let me know when there's a meetup and I'll tell them about it. Both play Melee primarily, but also play Brawl.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
So, Roman came over to get his TV. We played a best of 7 set, which was fun.

Now that he lives here, I'll probably try to play more again.
We should still do FC.

I want to play so bad. I ask Terrence but he works and all of that stuff. I stopped asking Michael because I really thought he was done. You made it seem like you were done.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I was done. But I played Roman. This game is like crack.

FC is out the door for me though. No $ and it's an expensive trip. Plus I never got approved for the days off.

:phone:

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I keep saying I want to Smash, but no one else does. Ugvts might be coming on the 29th, and either way I'm open to Smash all day that day.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
A month in advance to ask off is plenty of time for a call center, amirite?
I put the request in on March 31st, and all the days except for one (8/11) got approved. But I can't call in. I probably could have, but I had to call in on Sunday because I was sick, and I'd rather not call in two months in a row. Plus, I just don't have the money for it. I have to buy two new car stereos, new tires for my truck, ect. My Sons birthday is this month, mine is next month, wife is in September. We're taking a trip to Cali in October. So that's pretty much every penny I have.

But we should play soon. Maybe Tuesdays would be the best day to play since Romand and I both have that day off.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I smashed with Michael because he had my tv and remote and since I was picking it up, I decided to play a few. I'm now living in my new apartment, so give me a week or so to settle in and then I'll start having people over for smash. Here's my schedule for work incase anybody wants to know so we can arrange smash more easily.

Saturday's and Tuesday's = Off
Monday's and Wednesday's = 2pm -11pm
Thursday's and Friday's = 3pm - 12am
Sunday's = 12pm - 8pm

Don't plan to play after any of these times (except Sunday) because my roommate works early in the morning's.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Michael, I didn't know you were so serious about quitting melee. Being a family man I can't say that I would blame you, but I've been trying to quit this game for quite a while. If I ever just started sucking hardcore, I might would quit. We don't play a whole lot, but I still find myself getting excited about the potential of a night spend smashing.

I can definitely see myself cutting back as I start working more, and trying to buy a house within the next year or so. But then again, I also see that house as a hot bed for smash parties lol.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'm still in for FC if we get a carpool going, but there's no way I'm driving.

Also I finally started working on my game again. I'm just way too busy lately. I thought I'd have some substantial progress made by now, then everything else got in the way. I haven't even gotten any Smash in.

Speaking of Smash, where would we be meeting up to play? I'm down for something on Tuesdays, or basically whenever.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Hey guys, I've been checking out this game called Smash Bros. Who else plays it? It's pretty cool. You win by knocking people off the side of the stage instead of by depleting their health with memorized link combos.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
So I just added some moonwalking to my game. It's not exactly like Smash's, I made it a bit easier to do and it'll probably be available to more characters since it's intentional. Also, it works slightly differently, but I think it's for the better. I'm excited to show people the game again sometime to get more feedback on the more complete mechanics.

Top Bottom