• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Massive

Smash Champion
Charizard/Ike/Bowser are top 3 in project M.
Everyone else ranges from "OK" to "incredibad".

However, if anyone picks ROB the match instantly turns back into brawl. **** projectile camping.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Ike maybe. The other two no. Fox and Link are definitely top 3. Not sure if Sonic's all gimmicks yet, but if he isn't then he's really good too. I haven't played enough to be sure though. Charizard is poop though and after the nerf, so is Wolf. I know that much.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I honestly think they should just remove Wall-E altogether. He's not even a video game character. If Wall-E is in it, might as well give us Buzz Lightyear.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It's too early in the game's life cycle to determine who's top, especially for a game that's not getting nearly enough attention as Melee and Brawl did.

R.O.B. is a cool character. His gameplay style may be stupid, but as a character in general, he's cool. Yeah, he wasn't a video game character, but he was still very important in Nintendo's history and deserves to be in there more than a few characters in the game.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
That's cool if Johnny 5 stays in it. But if he stays, I want Slash from Guns N' Roses. He's twice as cool, and is more of a video game character than R2D2 will ever be.

Terry

Smash Ace
I think Zivilyn Bane is a pretty cool guy. Eh trolls forums and doesnt afraid of anythign

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I sense a bit of sarcasm in this thread.

Also, just noticed that Roman and Chris joined smashboards the exact same month, nearly six years ago. Weird.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I think ganon is good in project M isn't he?

I liked him at least, and had decent success on my first play with him vs the "seasoned" Link of Iori.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Also, since Melee, PM Ganon has been training to represent Team Hyrule in the Olympics.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I think everyone would like to make it, but no one would like to drive.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
10 days and no posts. I'm about to change that.

My apartment is planned to be ready by tomorrow. That being said, I should be available to smash up until around 1-2 on weekdays next week. If you all would like to schedule a smashfest for next week, we can do so.

So hyped to start playing again. Honestly, the new smash bros announcement about Namco just gives me high hopes for the next smash. Even if it falls through, Melee will continue to rise with the new members we'll be getting for ssb4 who will convert.

Are we going to FC? I'm going to be pretty pissed if the trip is canceled.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Yo, does anyone live in/near Joplin? I will be there Friday and Saturday this week, staying at that Baymont hotel that you can see from 44. I don't think Friday would be a good night if anyone wanted to smash cuz the gig with the band runs late, but Saturday night would probably be good. We're doing community service during work hours on Saturday (I'm assuming), so myself and a couple smashing friends would be down to play in the evening if anyone is up for it. And I don't know what kind of TV's they have there, but hopefully they're dated and have CRT's in all the rooms ;) A lot depends on the TV situation cuz I don't have space to bring one there.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
So, I have some news to share with everyone. I'm now officially engaged. I think that's pretty cool. The wedding will be early August, but we're mainly just doing a reception on August 9th for other people to go to. If anyone's interested in visiting we'll have something up on Facebook sometime later.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Congratulations, Terral. I do have to say something though.

This was probably not the best post to use for your 666th post. Just sayin'.

Roux: No one that we know of lives in Joplin and since no one in this crew has a good vehicle for transportation to travel that far, it's very unlikely that anybody can smash. If you happen to come to Springfield for any reason though, we'll play.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I didn't even notice. Maybe that's what I get for getting married at a court house and not doing a big wedding at a church.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Countless women's hearts shattered yesterday, with the realization that Terral will never again be a bachelor.

A sad day for single women, indeed.

:phone:

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Countless women's hearts shattered yesterday, with the realization that Terral will never again be a bachelor.

A sad day for single women, indeed.
Zero would still use the plural form, so yes, I guess so.

Wow, congrats Terral.

I had you pegged for a one night stand kinda guy. Good stuff bro.
Thanks. Also, I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
I would be offended if this was said to me, regardless of the context.
I had you pegged for a one night stand kinda guy, Wretchy. Something about the stoop of your shoulders screams efficient furniture and space management. I think I will higher you to run my new charitable organization, HTYFSTCBM (Helping Troubled Youths Find Stability Through Conscious Bedroom Management).

As for the future of tournament spaciations, there are a few more churches I can check with to see if they would be okay with monthlies. Connections are literally leaking from my fingernails now that such-and-such-and-such-details. Not really, but there may be hope.

I heard from a passing lime that fire stations have community rooms, but "No sales of any type or exchange of funds are permitted in the Community Room." Problems for a tournament.

For your perusing:http://www.springfieldmo.gov/fire/comm_room.html

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Send me an invite. I am mad interested.

I would be offended if this was said to me, regardless of the context.
You're easily offended for a man who ate my pizza with no qualms :)

Seriously though, I completely meant it as a joke. And now, as I stand here defending myself, I must make my thorough apologies and state my undying appreciation for the institution of marriage.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
We're not doing a wedding, just a short reception on the 9th. Anyone who wants to come is invited, just let me know.

Top Bottom