• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I got a job today. I work nights, around 3-11, and I have every other Saturday off, so I'm available for daytime smashing after I move in to my apartment which will be in a week, 2 weeks at max. My roommate will be working the day shift so I will have the apartment to myself most of the time. Smash hype.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Sweet Romang. We should play bunches because I specifically need practice against a fox at exactly your skill level. I think that is what I need to get better because I really have no idea how to play the most important character in this game. I know how to do Falco dittos though. Thank you Lambchops >:]]

What is your address? It'd be sweet if it was close to Drew/in walking distance.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
June 30th. I'll work on getting the threads up sometime.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
G Vice brings up a good point. We do owe Arkansas a trip, even though most of our vehicles can barely make it out of state. If somebody who has a ride sometime that is capable of driving long distances and is willing to drive to any smash event, it should be an Arkansas one. Hopefully Memphis or whoever is close to Arkansas could come too so it could be a large tournament.

Also, with my job, I may not be able to attend FC. They mention 5 paid vacation days after a year of working but I don't know about normal days off. We do have overtime so I may be able to incorporate it into that, but who knows. I'll try and ask when I Report it back ASAP.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
G Vice brings up a good point. We do owe Arkansas a trip, even though most of our vehicles can barely make it out of state. If somebody who has a ride sometime that is capable of driving long distances and is willing to drive to any smash event, it should be an Arkansas one. Hopefully Memphis or whoever is close to Arkansas could come too so it could be a large tournament.

Also, with my job, I may not be able to attend FC. They mention 5 paid vacation days after a year of working but I don't know about normal days off. We do have overtime so I may be able to incorporate it into that, but who knows. I'll try and ask when I Report it back ASAP.
You might be able to get it off unpaid. Let them know asap that you have this trip planned and it's priority, they may be able to let you request those days off.

I know John is from Little Rock and will be making trips to Arkansas.

I think we should try to go to the next A.R.K. tournament. Although if it's before August, I won't be able to make it.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yeah, I figured it was likely that I can get unpaied vacation. I don't know my schedule yet either but from what I've heard, it seems I won't have to ask too many days off for FC anyway. Hopefully.. HOPEFULLY, this works out. Summer will be ruined without FC.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
The next ARK tournament is in August.

I'm not sure what the exact date is, but I do know it's in that month.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I think I remember someone telling me that it A.R.K. will be either one or two weeks prior to FC. If we send a car then I'll look into going, but I can't promise anything.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...the-best-of-the-south-jacksonville-ar.158608/

It's August 25th. Honestly it's going to cost a bit because they want to make this series something big (like a Final Round or whatever). If you guys don't want to travel only a couple weeks after FC and pay 30 bucks to enter a 30-40 man tourney, it'll be understandable :)

I want you all there of course, but I also don't want you guys getting the wrong impression and having to back out when the info finally comes down.

Would be awesome though!

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Is FC in Indianapolis? I def won't be able to go, but hit me up if you guys wanna do lunch in stl on the way over. Maybe hot dogs and sauerkraut over my firepit or something :p ...I don't know what day that would be, so I could be busy, but I could be free.

:phone:

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Is FC in Indianapolis? I def won't be able to go, but hit me up if you guys wanna do lunch in stl on the way over. Maybe hot dogs and sauerkraut over my firepit or something :p ...I don't know what day that would be, so I could be busy, but I could be free.

South Bend, Indiana. Not too sure how far that is from Indianapolis.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
So my plan is to have a new car by the time FC rolls around, so I can drive the people I originally told I would drive. I'm thinking I told Karl, Brandon, and Shinobi I'd drive them. Problem with this plan is...
FINDING A NEW CAR IS ****ING DIFFICULT.

I want a fun/sporty looking car or SUV with
AWD
Manual trans
Diesel
Gets 30+ MPG
4 door
and is able to carry my friends around in complete comfort

You'd think it wouldn't be this hard...anyone know of something?

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Yikes, lots of criteria. Just AWD with 30mpg is hard to come by. I'd say subaru, but I don't think they do any diesel and maintenance is expensive. Some hybrid suv's get 30mpg, but they don't make hybrid manual trans anywhere. Mazda 5 makes a manual trans minivan/suv, which is baller. Is a hatchback car like a ford focus too small? I get 40mpg in my stick shift focus. Def no diesel or AWD though.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Yikes, lots of criteria. Just AWD with 30mpg is hard to come by. I'd say subaru, but I don't think they do any diesel and maintenance is expensive. Some hybrid suv's get 30mpg, but they don't make hybrid manual trans anywhere. Mazda 5 makes a manual trans minivan/suv, which is baller. Is a hatchback car like a ford focus too small? I get 40mpg in my stick shift focus. Def no diesel or AWD though.

Yea I'm SUPER picky about this. The only vehicle I've found so far that matches that criteria is the Volkswagen Toureg, but it doesn't come in a manual. The one I drove was loaded out the ***, so naturally I was loving it. I could definitely see myself owning one, but I want it to be fun and to me, an automatic isn't fun...

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Volkswagen came to mind later cause of the diesel... but yeah, I can't think of anything else close.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Don't expect a call back. Follow up on your application. Call wherever you applied a few days after you put in your application and ask if it's been reviewed or you can just say you're following up on an application you put in.

The place where I work now is hiring a bunch of people. Drew works there, my roommate works there, a friend I met through Drew a year ago is the assistant application manager or something like that, and Kendra has an interview on June 6th. If you don't mind working evenings (2/3 P.M - 10 P.M./11 P.M/12 A.M.), I strongly suggest applying, and if you do, put me down as a reference. I get a $50 bonus and I'll split it with you, or we can use it for a party.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
That's true. I do have a new bike. I will look into it since I wouldn't mind working with you, Drew, and Kendra-chan.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You WOULD mind working with us?! Better be a typo, *****.

Also, I forgot to mention, if you work in the click to chat department (which is what me, Drew, and most likely Kendra will be working) then you will be working near ACE Hardware on Campbell after training. It's actually half the distance from your house than the address I gave you above/main office.

Top Bottom