• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Vts

Smash Champion
I am making sure that we won't be able to use the gym, but I'm under the impression that the youth will be using both rooms throughout the day/night. We will be able to bring the small TVs from the basement, and there are some additional TVs in the gym side-rooms that we'll be able to use, plus two projectors if we want them (I would guess not). He said that the room we would use is around the size of the area of the basement with the wood floor.
odd, so say how old are these lock ins any cute jail bait? XD

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
If you guys can't sleep at the church, you can definitely sleep/shower at my house. Most of our gaming though will likely take place at the church.

:phone:

Vts

Smash Champion
Oh ****, I may have an apartment by this time. If I do, I welcome people to crash at my place.
maybe, i need a coin to pick between ziv or you :)

but church automatically wins if available , also friday night or saturday morning we would like to shower, so i may use the showers in the gym or something.

or if we can sleep in the gym that would be cool, kind of, not really need couches.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Why not the Gym itself? It was great.

EDIT: Wretched, just so you know: It may be "cool" to sit there and make fun of people and put them down for lolz in highschool. But I wont put up with that **** in our crew. The next time you constantly **** with Nathan, you can find a different ride home. We are playing at Metagames to generate interest in more people, not to lose even more crew members. That was ****ed up and I think quite a bit less of you now. It's cool to josh somebody a bit. It's cool to mess around when they mess around back. But what you were doing was uncalled for. My names Wretched, I'm an *******.
Calm your **** big man. I said that to everyone and Terrence said it to everyone and you said it to everyone.
I said "I'm Nathan. I Up Air." and you were gitting shiggles. Nathan gets upset every single time we play. I don't think I triggered it. I think it was that I played Nathan and he did the same **** over and over and over and it was so predictable. Like he did six SH nairs in a row and I said "I'm Nathan. I Up Air" and even Nathan laughed because he was comboing me. Then I spike him and he is all of the sudden depressed and he ends the game.
It isn't my fault. I said nothing personal to Nathan. I didn't comment on his eating habits nor did I comment on his weight which always seems to be an unnecessary topic of discussion. Like seriously, I've never said **** about Nathan being stout before. I always change the subject when someone calls him a fatass.
I ONCE OR TWICE mentioned Nathan's melee patterns discretely. He would full hop float, aerial, roll backwards, full hop float nair, fall back, repeat, insert down smash if you're within 5 feet of the enemy. It was silly because I would wait for him to get close and just shine dair him on his float and combo him. Most of the time he missed techs and then got up in place so I'd just grab the **** out of him. Then, eventually, he would just repeat one thing while I was standing still. FULL HOP FAIR, DOWNSMASH, ROLL BACK and it would fail 100% of the time and you would 0-death me. He wasn't thinking, and I wasn't thinking. It was just silly. Nobody was getting better when I was fighting Nathan, so I don't feel bad about mentioning his obvious patterns.
[/walloftext]

You freak the **** out constantly. Nathan got down like he always did and I wasn't the cause of it. I said like 2 or 3 things and it made him play better. I even pointed that out when he and Terrence started winning. He was thinking about the game and actually out playing me. It wasn't an issue, everyone laughed, and nothing was wrong. I think maybe you're mad at me for some other reason so why don't you tell me before you tackle and choke me? I am sorry I was indecisive when you were on your way to pick me up. That is it. What the **** do you want?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Really? I don't freak out constantly. In fact, you're the only smash player I've ever had a problem with. Nathan was extremely upset because he couldn't do anything without your moronic comments. He posted on facebook after that that he was done (referring to smash). I made one tiny comment about saving him pizza once that he overreacted to. Never did I say he was fat, overweight, or whatever. Which wouldn't make any sense because I'm not exactly slim myself.

You are right though. I do have a problem with you. I don't like drama queen high school kids. You want to bring up when I tackled you? Fine. I'm done with you. No more free rides. No more trying to encourage you to play melee or get better. And no, you're not riding with us to FC. The fifth seat is going to Sinister.

We just can't seem to get along so let's just avoid each other from now on.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I'M A DRAMA QUEEN?

HAHA. What? You ignored my entire argument. I think I very clearly clarified that I wasn't doing anything abnormal. Well, read my entire post, not just the bottom, and calm yourself.

I don't care about getting rides. You're not going to manipulate me 0-0. If I was the one with resources, I'd do a much better Job at keeping **** together. You seem to think you're better than everyone and you can talk down to them just because you're older and you've played smash for longer. Terrence witnessed it first hand when you basically yelled at him for 20 minutes about his opinion on the tier list being wrong. I didn't do this. Nathan has said he was done 20 times. He quits like once a month. I skipped a few smash fests the past few weeks and I'm a quitter?

EDIT: Also if you want stuff like that to be in the past, then you shouldn't call me out in the middle of the thread. If there was a problem you could've PMed me or texted you or something and we could've quietly discussed and refuted this.

And you told us seatings should be based on potential, so definitely take Sinister over me 0_0, if that is what you want.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm not arguing with you anymore on here. Let Terrence and Nathan speak for themselves.

EDIT to your EDIT: I never once said seating is based off potential.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
So uh...who wants a hug?
Me if you're going to the May 26th Pathways! It's gonna be epic! No Brawl though, but we'll almost certainly do a P:M Side tournament.

EDIT: Also this is for Terrence. Not for me to prove anything, because there's nothing to prove. I can't state how many times I agree that every persons opinion is valid. But this is a big reason why I think if another tier list was made, Falco would move to number 1, and Puff would be down to like 6th. This is taken directly from the backroom post for the tier list created in 2010:
A tier list is a list of characters ranked best to worst in their likelihood to perform well in a tournament setting in the near future based on recent, relevant tournament results. We then separate characters at statistically significant gaps to be grouped with their relative equals, and those groupings are called "tiers". A tier list is, in essence, a "prediction" list as to how any given character will fare in a competitive setting. We naturally assume top level of play.
That's the criteria for what a tier list is.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Whoa. This thread BLEW up with hate posts. And I agree with Sinister. Don't go CoMO on us. =(

Tier list opinions will vary from one person to another. Sinister and I argue all the time about where Marth and Sheik should be on the list, but it doesn't mean I'm going to stop being friends with him. And it most certainly does not mean I'll skip out on a tournament because I disagree with him. Let's all just chill a little bit and take a one two.

Much love to the Springfield peeps and I hope you guys can work through this.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
Whoa. This thread BLEW up with hate posts. And I agree with Sinister. Don't go CoMO on us. =(

Tier list opinions will vary from one person to another. Sinister and I argue all the time about where Marth and Sheik should be on the list, but it doesn't mean I'm going to stop being friends with him. And it most certainly does not mean I'll skip out on a tournament because I disagree with him. Let's all just chill a little bit and take a one two.

tier list
1. fox
2-26. crap characters

if you disagree you're not my friend.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm the one that said number one is Falco, so I guess we're not friends :(

It's an opinion based off the criteria used to create the tier lists. The fact is, there are three Falco mains in the top 10, and Falco players win most tournaments. Plus, I believe it's a lot easier to get to a respectable skill level with Falco than any other character. Even my Falco is on par with my Marth, and I hardly ever even use the bird. When I win with him, I feel like Falco won, not me.

Terry

Smash Ace
EDIT: Also this is for Terrence. Not for me to prove anything, because there's nothing to prove. I can't state how many times I agree that every persons opinion is valid. But this is a big reason why I think if another tier list was made, Falco would move to number 1, and Puff would be down to like 6th. This is taken directly from the backroom post for the tier list created in 2010:

That's the criteria for what a tier list is.
That is your opinion. Why are you telling me this again? There is nothing to prove because it's my opinion to say that Fox is best. I already understand you think Falco is. I don't understand why you keep arguing this. I don't care. You saying "I'm in the backroom, I know more than you, etc." doesn't make me agree with you.

I made one tiny comment about saving him pizza once that he overreacted to.
I like how what you did is nothing compared to Wretched when it was equally as hurtful to Nathan. He overreacted? Is he not overreacting to what Wretched said? In my opinion, yes. Am I saying it's right to pick on others? No.

I'm not skipping the tournament because of a small argument we had. I don't think I told my reasons for not wanting to go.

Nathan, I'm sorry if I ever said anything to you that made you sad, etc. I have honestly made a couple jokes and am not sure if you were there. Again, sorry, I will stop. And I kinda felt bad when I was destroying you in P:M because you seemed to get depressed but I won't go easy on you :p and you actually started putting up a fight and winning some eventually. When we were playing teams, I wanted to win with you because I knew we could beat them. I'm pretty glad we won a couple games.

If you're not going to play with us anymore I'm going to be much sad. :c You don't have to play to be the best. You can play for fun too. :D And if you'd like some help getting better you can always ask me.

Also, I get picked on too, but I'm good at not letting that stuff bother me. All the Asian, girly, weird, and somehow, gay jokes get thrown at me but I don't let stupid things like that bring me down. :shades:

I'll be in Springfield that weekend :)
fixed.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
I'm the one that said number one is Falco, so I guess we're not friends :(

It's an opinion based off the criteria used to create the tier lists. The fact is, there are three Falco mains in the top 10, and Falco players win most tournaments. Plus, I believe it's a lot easier to get to a respectable skill level with Falco than any other character. Even my Falco is on par with my Marth, and I hardly ever even use the bird. When I win with him, I feel like Falco won, not me.

time for respectful (somewhat :D) debate.

just because falco is a popular character (3 in top 10) doesn't mean he's the best. and a peach main is the current best in the world (arguably...kind of. but he pretty much is). is peach the best char?

next, being easy to get good with is irrelevant.

honestly (gonna sound kinda douchey) i don't know how anyone can see anyone being better than fox. fox can overwhelm EVERY character in the game. javi vs pp comes to mind. do i think javi is better? not really. but he used what makes fox the best. overwhelming falco who is (considerably) slower in nearly every aspect (especially his slow jump, which makes his OoS options suck against fox, who on the other hand has the best OoS options in the game). fox is faster in pretty much every way except that their moves have pretty much the same frame data (afaik) that moves come out. fox is so much faster than every other char and that ultimately is the deciding factor. speed trumps all.

EDIT: your falco being on par with your marth can be explained by falco just being better. just like when i'm playing good, my fox is way better than my other characters.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Terrence: I quoted that simply because I didn't want you to think I was making stuff up about what the actual criteria of voting is for a panelist for the tier list. I literally apologized to you multiple times in person for using a firm voice when we argued about the tier list. Since I wasn't being allowed to say a word, I felt it was necessary to speak up. You obviously weren't even listening to me though. At that point I wasn't trying to argue that Falco was the best. I was trying to explain to to you that if the tier list were updated, I believe Falco would move into the number one spot, based off criteria, not opinion. Anyways, you didn't say why you weren't going to FC now though. If you would please elaborate, that would be nice. You can txt, call, pm, post, wherever.

Sinister: I think Falcos laser can slow even the fastest characters down. He has the ability to apply constant pressure. Peach is more irrelevant because a tier list isn't trying to guess which character would win a tourney. Obviously Pikachu isn't going up just because Axe is good. Even with Puff, it took Mango AND Hungrybox to put that character in third. For Falco you have Mango, PP, and Zhu who are all elite players. Probably all three better than ANY Fox main. Javi has a great, new, unique style. But PP won't be caught off guard again. He lost to Shroomed once, and nobody thinks Shroomed is better. I personally think Falco is the best, and I'm basing it off the criteria used for making a tier list.

As far as this Springfield drama goes. I'm not going to say anybody is wrong or right anymore. I felt like someone in our crew needed help and I decided to help. If I was wrong, so be it. But I think I do enough RIGHT things for this crew to make up for it. I drive on my own dime, offer to pay peoples entry fees, and buy peoples food. I'm not that much better than others in our crew, but try to help you guys get better, and usually get argued with or laughed at for trying. If you guys think I have more "resources" than you, you're wrong. I make more money, yes. But my money is divided four ways because I have dependants, and I don't waste a penny on alcohol, drugs, ect like a lot of people. If you guys reading this feel like you have to chose sides, whatever. I'm an adult and I would be perfectly fine at a smashfest or tourney with Wretched there, so everybody can coexist. If you don't think so, grow up.

You can guarantee your *** though that if we were in public, at a tourney, or whatever and some random was insulting ANY member of our crew, I would be right there without any fear at all to back you up.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yes, but over a silly argument, now apparently I have no way to get to any smashfests.
It is funny to me that you're trying to preserve the community yet now Terrence doesn't want to go, I don't have a ride, and Nathan is going to go to FC and get depressed.

I don't spend money on drugs and alcohol, Michael. That was clearly directed towards me and nobody else, but I haven't put a dime towards any alcohol in months. Now you've reached the level of petty insults and I'm not going to stoop to that level.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Lol, I was waiting for a good comment from Roman.

I must have missed the memo where Nathan said he was going to FC. When I was 17 I had a job and a car Wretched. I didn't have some adult willing to pick me up and pay my entry fees. I think you'll be able to deal with it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I heard something about a top Ganon in this area was gonna be coming to Pathways in May?

Iori too good.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Also, Ziv, you should check with the church about people staying the night. That's honestly more your thing, since you know most of them better than I do, and you would be the one staying at the church if necessary.

Top Bottom