• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'll check with the church about the 26th. For now, that will be the tentative May date. Also, what does everyone think about doing two tournaments in May? One for Super Arkansas Fest that will only have Melee and one normal Pathways.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Well, that's what I was thinking. I'm presently just asking about the 26th, and if that day is alright then I'll go ahead and ask for another day if people are up for doing two tournaments. Then the 26th can be Melee-only.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
New to smashboards and the MO smash community

Hey guys! I'm new to smashboards and the MO smash community online. But I'm an old vet. I used to organize melee tournaments at MU back in the 2004-2008 time frame. I'm interested in going to tournaments. Possibly a crew battle. I live in STL, but most of my smash homies are either in COMO or the Waynesville/Ft Leonard Wood area. We've got a pretty strong crew out of waynesville... unfortunately one of our guys lives out in LA now and has been playing with folks like Mango (i think that's what he said)... I used to be able to beat him (not Mango, my friend).

Anyway, what's the best way to keep up with tournies you guys are having? Is there a calendar or should I just pay attention to the thread? Thanks.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
By the time period listed I assume you're Melee and not Brawl, but can you confirm that for us?

This thread is definitely the best way to keep up with what's going on, but we're kinda far from STL, like a four hour drive.

Our next Melee tourney is gonna be in May, and it should be a good one. Lots of good players are coming so you should definitely show up.

:phone:

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Haha, yes, of course. Melee.

What's the date in May? I've got a friend coming into town May 17 for our crew battle. Some unfortunate group of newbs from Kahoka, MO challenged our elite Waynesville team. It's just for beer money though.

Also, I'll be in Springfield this weekend for a gig I'm doing with the military band I'm in. Not sure what hotel we're staying in, or if they'll have a TV that works, but I'm bringing my GC just to play casual with our sound guy. This Saturday night. It will be super late though (11ish or later), so it may not be the best time in the world to meet up.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Also, just so you know I'm not a complete idiot that only thinks he knows how to play this game, here's a video of me playing at a tourney @MU. I didn't win, got 2nd. The winner is a guy named Andy from STL who had competed nationally before. I've gotten better since this video was shot in 2007, and I can see all kinds of huge mistakes, but it's still half-decent playing on my part. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rcBB76rvlA

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Well we welcome players of all skill levels, but are glad you're not new. Wish you actually lived in Springfield though, as I doubt we will see you often.

The tourney is May 26th, btw.

:phone:

Terry

Smash Ace
I can't watch that, I'm at work.

Btw, are we playing at metagames today? Dunno if I can get off at 5:30.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Zivilyn. I'll try to keep posted on stuff you guys are doing, but I won't be able to come out to events often. I'll see if I can stir some interest here in the STL metro area. Looks like a just missed a tourney near me, but I think it was Brawl (ewww). I'm so horrible at that game. I gave up after I found out you could slip randomly.

Hit me up if anyone wants to visit STL.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Good news (I think). The release of the second PM demo is coming very soon. It has Charizard for you Michael ;)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yeesh. Am I the only one here who consciously likes Brawl?

On a somewhat related note, what do you guys use to record your matches with?
Robbie (ugvts) has a pretty nice recording thing. I personally own a Dazzle, but I don't really know how to make the software work right so that it's not dropped hundreds (or even thousands) of frames per match.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
I should ask my Video Editor friend in SoCal (Blaku92) what he uses to record matches. He owns a thing called a Canopus, which converts an AV signal to a digital one for a computer--pretty simple. But I don't know if he uses that for recording matches (it may have a lag in the signal which would kill gameplay). I'll ask and get back with you.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Project M is too good. Just played all of the demo 2 characters, and I actually like Sonic. They also fixed Pikachu, unless I didn't give him enough of a chance last time I played an alpha. Pikachu, Pit, and Sonic are probably my favorites.

Top Bottom