• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

>Bert<

Smash Ace
As of right now, I'm bringing Trey (Triforce) and Karl (Cookiemonsta) with me to this. Someone liberally text Binyan and get him to come lol. I've only got one seat left so we'd love to have him.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Oh wait maybe Dan (Prodigy) said he would come too...I cant remember now.

Either way, I could technically fit 4 peeps, but itd be crammed tighter than a...nvm

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I love how we do a Super Street Fighter 4 tournament for the first time, right after AE comes out. Terral is a late June Bug.
I'm not up to date on this stuff. We'll have SF4, I'll see what Lost wants to bring, if he's coming. I won't be participating.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
So Terral, since the Arkansas guys are sleeping at the church Friday night, I think I'm gonna arrive around noon. What time does everybody else think they're gonna get there?

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I might head there a bit early, too. I was already planning on being there by noon, but I might get there sooner.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else been getting a 404 bad gateway error whenever they try to come to this thread? It keeps happening to me and it's really started to get old.

As for me, I'll try to get there around 2, no later than 3. I can't make it any earlier.

darkatma

Smash Hero
So whoall's going from everywhere?

is mizzou going to this at all?
and who from ar-kansas is going?
and same for normal kansas

for stl area, i think bert's taking a car of people:
bert, karl, tre, danny

i asked blitzbolt today and we are most likely taking our own car there
me, blitz, dan2?, geno?, and whoever else wants to go

edit:
if there are enough people, would you guys mind me running a 5$ teams? you can have your free teams tourney too.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Atma, as of right now this is who I know is coming.

Arkansas
VTS
TheSaberGuy
Yoshiman
Seif
Arby

Columbia
Sinister
Akuma
Kellen

Kansas City
Strong Bad
Jace
dmac

STL/Washington
Bert
Dan
Cookiemonster
Trey

As well as somewhere between 8-16 locals, depending on who all shows up and also you guys. A bunch of the locals probably won't enter the $5 buy in though. So I'm thinking we'll have at least 16 people paying, probably more. Should be close to 32 guys total this time which is awesome since we've never had over 20 before :)

As far as a buy in for teams goes, I'm down but I think it'd be best to just ask everybody at the event and see what kind of crowd reaction we get and see if there's enough interest. If not enough ppl wanna do it, I'll team up with somebody (probably Roman if he's down) and we'll teams MM you.

It's going to be a lot of fun so I can't wait. See you guys on Saturday! Atma I'm going to be there around noon so you can show up starting then. Please EVERYBODY try to bring TVs if you can! I don't want to see less than 10 TVs this tournament! The venue has four, I'm bringing one, Terrance is bringing one, so we only need four more to make ten. In all seriousness there is no reason why we shouldn't see at least a dozen of 'em!

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I thought Quote was coming from KC too? Strongbad can u confirm this?

The StL section should read
Bert
Atma
Triforce (this is Trey)
Prodigy (this is Dan1 I assume)
Blitzbolt
Dan2 (possible)
Geno (possible)
Brawlpro (possible)
Sam (can someone ask her if shed like to go?)
And Cookiemonsta backed out :(
and Lixi cant go due to school stuff.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Well there's a lot of maybes in there lol. From Springfield, this is who we should expect guaranteed:

Zivilyn Bane
Zentetsu
Terrence
-Gimpest-
Terral
DrewBear
YBMP
Grant
ugvts
xzerolegend
Linkz

>Bert<

Smash Ace
So 16 ppl plus the 9 from Springfield? Plus all the other ppl that want to enter?

Edit: oops, 11 from Springfield

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
We should also be getting BZA and ICE again.

Vts

Smash Champion
Well there's a lot of maybes in there lol. From Springfield, this is who we should expect guaranteed:

Zivilyn Bane
Zentetsu
Terrence
-Gimpest-
Terral
DrewBear
YBMP
Grant
ugvts
xzerolegend
Linkz
swear at the tournament someone was trolling me but he's really ugvts lol

pretty funny having vts in another name somehow lol

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Did he tell you the story behind his name? He was playing the first Pokemon game when it came out, and caught a Sandshrew. He hit random letters and ended with something remotely similar to Ugvts, but with more punctuation. Sandshrew is his favorite Pokemon.

Edit: instead of making another post, I thought I'd tack this onto the end here: I don't work until 5 tomorrow, anyone want to Smash until 4 or so?

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea i just talked to him, he's going to rip your shirt into shreds bert just ask jace

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Saturday we might be in the gym instead of downstairs at the church because there's a wedding at 3:00 in the sanctuary, so if you show up and can't find anyone don't just assume the rapture has come. Wander around and look for peoples. (The gym's giant and has even more places for TVs and junk, so space won't be bad.)

There's some glass doors just south of the usual brown door that I'll try and get unlocked. Just go through there and take a left and you're at the gym!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Damn, so that takes away the TV's we have down there. Is there any way we could possibly grab them and bring them to the gym? Not including the big screen of course.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Yeah, we can move them fine. And there's a big screen one up in the gym, too, so we don't lose any

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
KC/Lawrence is bringing at least 1 TV
I'm bringing Project M & a gamecube+melee obv.
No idea on the other guys.

Massive

Smash Champion
dmac rips off shirts and doesn't afraid of anything.

Hope this thing goes well for you dudes, sorry I can't make it (I really needed a weekend off smash).
Just remember one thing: DON'T ALLOW JACE TO WIN, HE'S THE TERRORISTS OF SMASH BROTHERS.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Good news! Geno is coming too =]
Things are looking up for STL crews . If only we had lixivium going too, then we'd be so solid.

We'll be bringing two setups: 1 gc/tv and 1 project melee (not M)/tv

Around what time should we arrive? Noon-ish?
Also Zivilyn can you PM me an address (and your phone number just in case? I'll text you back.)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I also main Falco now. Pikachu is just too low-tier and garbage, and Falcon isn't quite manly enough. No one even cares about Luigi.

Top Bottom