• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I like how you change your post color to match your avatar.
I like how you didn't notice this until the 3rd time of me doing it. I also change my character icons to match, sometimes.

In other news, I just got offered to buy a $160 Fightstick for $60. Major hype. I finally get to play other fighting games :)

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
I like how you didn't notice this until the 3rd time of me doing it. I also change my character icons to match, sometimes.

In other news, I just got offered to buy a $160 Fightstick for $60. Major hype. I finally get to play other fighting games :)
you nub. why the **** you wanna play other fighting games?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
MVC3 is closer to Guitar Hero than a fighting game.

Street fighter is legit though.
I understand what you mean by this, but it's just about as accurate as the SRK community's thoughts on Smash.

I plan on playing SF over Marvel anyhow. I just like the fightstick :)

Massive

Smash Champion
That's a pretty inaccurate statement you just made!
When the only difference between pros and amateurs is dropped combos, the game boils down to a memorization of a long list of button inputs. Tell me how this is substantially different from Guitar Hero?

Even at high levels of play, the main strategy is tossing out non-committal moves moves, waiting for your opponent to **** up something, and then leveraging that glancing blow into a single combo that kills that character.

Most SRK dudes I've met agree that the game is broken as ****. Ever wonder why they're releasing another version less than a year after the original? lol.

Zantetsu said:
I understand what you mean by this, but it's just about as accurate as the SRK community's thoughts on Smash.
And they're actually right about brawl. They unfortunately have trouble differentiating between it and melee in the same way a smash only player would have trouble telling the difference between street fighter alpha 2 and third strike.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
When the only difference between pros and amateurs is dropped combos, the game boils down to a memorization of a long list of button inputs. Tell me how this is substantially different from Guitar Hero?

Even at high levels of play, the main strategy is tossing out non-committal moves moves, waiting for your opponent to **** up something, and then leveraging that glancing blow into a single combo that kills that character.

Most SRK dudes I've met agree that the game is broken as ****. Ever wonder why they're releasing another version less than a year after the original? lol.

And they're actually right about brawl. They unfortunately have trouble differentiating between it and melee in the same way a smash only player would have trouble telling the difference between street fighter alpha 2 and third strike.
Probably right about that last part. I only play melee and have trouble distinguishing ANY fighter from another.

:phone:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Pros innovate team synergy (this involves unblockable setups with assists, dhc glitches, and prolonging combos), know how to block mixups and avoid resets, and don't drop combos.

Noobs don't know how to block or finish combos, or how to attack safely.

They're re-releasing it to make more money. The balancing is just a fan service.

Most SRK dudes don't know what they're talking about.

Thank you and good night.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
_Yes!_ we should play some Marvel sometime. I have a stick and so does Drew so we can bring a set up to the next Pathways if you want.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
_Yes!_ we should play some Marvel sometime. I have a stick and so does Drew so we can bring a set up to the next Pathways if you want.
I'd love to; I'm a pad warrior, though, so if it's for 360, I'll most likely do alot worse than normally.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Awwh, well yes, it is for 360. If you have experience in the game then just take it as a handicap because I'm not too good.

3,600 posts. Damn, my post count is rising faster than ever.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Why do you keep bringing Lucario up? He has nothing to do with me. Sounds like you are the one bringing him up a lot more than me, you must be addicted.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Why do you keep bringing Lucario up? He has nothing to do with me. Sounds like you are the one bringing him up a lot more than me, you must be addicted.
Iunno, man, Saffy told me some things that involved you, lucario, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that doesn't seem right.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking to start the columbian monthlies in November (November 5th is the date we are looking at)... They'll be the first saturday of every month. I'll post detailed parking lots / maps / info / etc, here in awhile as I get more figured out.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Jared, you're going to have to do a lot to convince the StL people to come back. As Lixi was leaving, he and Geno said they both most likely would not make the trek back due to the lack of directions, parking facilities, and the way the bracket was ran. If we all bug them, they may come back lol.

Warrior.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
A dq rule would help to run the bracket faster if that was the problem. And wtf directions, that's up to the drivers to find...

Zantetsu

Smash Master
The problem with the directions was that the address didn't clarify if it was ___ st, ___ ave, or ___ rd and if you typed the directions into google maps, it gave us directions to a house. It was an honest mistake, won't be made again.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Jared, you're going to have to do a lot to convince the StL people to come back. As Lixi was leaving, he and Geno said they both most likely would not make the trek back due to the lack of directions, parking facilities, and the way the bracket was ran. If we all bug them, they may come back lol.

In my defense, I wasn't the TO of that tournament. I was basically just recruited to kind of move things along in a general direction. That and the place where we initially wanted to have the tournament was double-booked and we were forced to impromptu move it. It was the equivalent of having the tournament in a hallway rather than the room itself.

ALSO another point I'd like to clarify is that was an enormous tournament with Starcraft 2, multiple shooters, and sports games. My tournaments will be solely dedicated to melee and have a separate TO for whatever fighting games he'd like to run in conjunction.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
I would like to doubly add that people should have some freaking patience. We got the tournament underway, everyone got paid, and everyone got out on time.

Also, while I am grateful for the help they provided, Lixi and Geno were breaking their own standards they were setting out for people.... Lixi telling people not to play more than one set in a row for pools, and then doing so anyway... and then Geno wandering off.

SO, in conclusion, deal with it and come play melee with us. <3

/rant.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
The problem with the directions was that the address didn't clarify if it was ___ st, ___ ave, or ___ rd and if you typed the directions into google maps, it gave us directions to a house. It was an honest mistake, won't be made again.
I'm already planning on creating detailed maps, explanations of parking situations, etc... Basically, I'm not ****ing around.

EDIT: Also if I can get the University to buy everyone pizza.... I'm doing that tooooooooo.

Top Bottom