• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spring Smash Showdown - CoT5 Combo Giveaway! $100 POT BONUS & PRIZE! LIVESTREAM

Gichan

Smash Champion
who wants an MvC3 side event? We'll be getting one lcd for it and if one of you could also bring one that would make it perfect. I say side event because it will be amongst us smashers.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
they have maps like Port Town Aerodive and Luigi's Raceway
AND PIRATE SHIP.

I would totally move out there just to play on Pirate Ship.

Also, they have stages that don't exist legal.

Also, if we're fine for brawl set-ups, would people care about a Brawl Minus side-tourney? The final version gets released next Sunday, no longer a beta. I highly recommend playing before the tourney since it's going to feel as different as the jump from 1.0 to 1.5.

All I really care about is Ganon and PT being viable. Oh, and DK.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
every single melee stage in this game is an abomination and should never have been included ever

norfair is also pure faggotry
Even PS1?

who wants an MvC3 side event? We'll be getting one lcd for it and if one of you could also bring one that would make it perfect. I say side event because it will be amongst us smashers.
low or mid tiers instead please? *puppy dog eyes*
we already have project m...

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I'd like an SSF4 side event. ;D I've been practicing my Juri and Akuma.

But Tin's right, we already have P:M as side tourney. o-O

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
Mid tiers.. *Points to my Ike* :D

*Points to Fox way over thar* What? Why are you STILL Mid?! >_>

Cruxis

Smash Lord
naw forreal though please save the mid tier tourney for june, please guys just for me ok <3

Cruxis

Smash Lord
We already had a tourney in your honour. What months will u be back btw?
ya but this isnt in my honor its just a tourney that should be delayed causer i know this kinda stuff happens only once in forever. in fact i dont then we have ever had a low/mid tier tourney in this scene ever.

im back from june 20 - october

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
If that build has Pit or ZSS in it I'll show up just for B-.

Although I should probably just quit fighting games altogether and play SC2 since I somehow placed top 8 in a 64-man bracket yesterday after not playing the game for 3 months : D.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It has both of course, this is Minus.

Seriously, if I have to bring a TV just for Minus I will.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Why don't you bring a TV for brawl to make a real game that the tourney is based off of run faster. It will also increase the chance that pools will happen instead =_=

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Why don't you bring a TV for brawl to make a real game that the tourney is based off of run faster. It will also increase the chance that pools will happen instead =_=
lol fuck pools they are the biggest useless waste of time ever, the only purpose of pools is to drag a tourney on 5 hours longer

fUddO

Smash Ace
To people who don't place in the top half of every tournament, pools are amazing. You actually get serious matches against more experienced players.

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
Pools would be lovely.
But ermm to counter fUddO.... you could always ASK THEM FOR FRIENDS :D

fUddO

Smash Ace
Pools would be lovely.
But ermm to counter fUddO.... you could always ASK THEM FOR FRIENDS :D
Friendlies are different from actual tournament matches. Not only do people take tournaments more seriously, you also get exposure to a pressure that is normally not there.

Tin Man

Smash Hero

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292146

Spring Smash Showdown and CoT5 have joined forces!

Get ready for some intense Brawl competition, because Canada and CoT5 are teaming up to bring you a special promotion at SSS! The highest placing Canadian player in Brawl Singles at Spring Smash Showdown will receive a free CoT5 Combo Pass! This combo pass gives the player free venue, singles, and doubles (their share of the team) for Clash of the Titans 5 on June 25th and 26th in Philadelphia, PA.

There will be a CoT5 Combo Giveaway in several areas throughout the nation, so everyone has a chance to win it in their home region.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
If tourneys didn't have pools I seriously wouldn't have ever come back to a tourney after the first one I attended. Do you have any idea how ******** it is to drive 3 hours to your first tourney to get seeded against good players (Nate/Minus first round ^^) because you're new and lose 2 rounds and you're done? Only reason I showed up to another tourney (and dozens more to come) was that I was told they normally did pools.

Hype

Smash Lord
If you want the scene to grow do pools. I don't like them, but I'll bet almost all of the people who get knocked out of the bracket early love them.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wow, awesoem to see the support for pools. I agree with all of you, pools DO make tournies last longer but they are awesome for improvment. But I won't lie, sometimes a straight bracket here and there is actually more hype than a tourney with pools, just my personal opinion.

Also ceX, no ZSS or Pit. It's still the same demo as the one at OPC. BUT, if you did come for that tourney you can come waay later, like at 4-5pm for that tournament since it will begin around that time. Also, someone is bringing an lcd for MvC3 casuals so you can get on that to.

And Dirt, I hate doing this, but no B-. B+ had potential, P:M has stronger potential to take off as an actual competitve game. But B- just reeaallyy doesn't look like it will go anywhere except in livging rooms as some good times. So no B- side event.

Top Bottom