• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
So, uh... I really am kind of confused at Pikachu Libre. I don't really get his inclusion.

Yeah, seriously, when you have Hawlucha, there's no reason to turn it into a Pikachu. It's just not logical.
For the remaining characters in the game, I would want to see Zekrom, Greninja, Victini, or Scyther.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I've never got Nintendo's, or whoever's obsession with Pikachu. Putting him in the fighting game because he's the mascot is completely fine. Of course. But another version? Why?

Maybe they wanted everyone to know it's a fighting game and not just your average Pokemon game in the form of the mascot? I dunno lol

Also I'm ready to do some matches 420quickscoper 420quickscoper
okay, I'll see what I can do hold on
Make the room, I can't make it

EDIT: Give me about 2 minutes, alright? :3

Last edited by a moderator:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Abadango used Mewtwo vs Rains sheik a few days ago and was beating him comprehensively before he saw a pot of gold deep underneath battlefield and went for it.

At least that's the only reason I can come up with as for why he SD'd going so low, when sheik was on stage and not pressuring him.
Is this match or set recorded?

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
420 vs Smashifer

1-0 420's favor. Good game! That lag though.

gonna update this as matches go on

1-1 Even. Good game!

2-1 420's favor. Lol shadow ball reflect tennis. GG!

3-1 420's favor.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yeah, seriously, when you have Hawlucha, there's no reason to turn it into a Pikachu. It's just not logical.
For the remaining characters in the game, I would want to see Zekrom, Greninja, Victini, or Scyther.
Victini is a support mon.

Greninja is highly considered a shoe-in but as we get closer to release it looks less and less likely.

And Zekrom is way too huge to become playable. Maybe as Boss in the story mode. Could be wrong.

The Hawlucha thing was pretty dumb but Pika-Libre is still cool in my opinion. That electric flying press doe!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I heard the list didn't put each tier in any order, so it's not really saying one character within a tier is better or worse than another character in the same tier.
Bah, silly me! >_< I saw that part of Browny's post and ignored it out of force of habit. My bad! Anyhow, that pretty much nullifies all of the skepticisms I brought up in my last post, so it's all good now.

Personally, I don't mind Pikachu Libre's inclusion in and of itself, but I do agree that her moveset makes me wonder why Hawlucha wasn't selected over her. I imagine it's because Pikachu is Pokémon's mascot and all, but two Pikachu makes me slightly raise an eyebrow. I suppose it doesn't matter in long run, since Pikachu Libre has its own moveset and is classified differently from Pikachu, but I can't help but wonder.

As far as my most-wanted Pokkén characters go, the only one I really want is Dragalge. Aside from Mewtwo, Dragalge is my favorite Pokémon ever, so seeing him in Pokkén would be a dream come true. His chances are pretty slim, though. Realistically, Swampert could be pretty neat, and I guess Scyther could be interesting, as well. A stance-based character like Aegislash would be cool, too, but, like Dragalge, his odds of getting into Pokkén are rather thin. I'm still quite excited for Pokkén, though.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
And, holy ****, up throw is SOOOOOOOOOOO scary in this matchup. You literally die at 115 when you get hit by up throw. It's a really scary matchup for the both of us, ain't it?
Very scary indeed. One mistake and it could be all over. Mewtwo dittos are so hectic yet fun!

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Very scary indeed. One mistake and it could be all over. Mewtwo dittos are so hectic yet fun!
tfw shadow ball just hits right above your reflector
good work shadow ball

It's currently 5-1. But hey, you're a pretty decent Mewtwo!

In this matchup, up smash and up throw are super scary because there's easy to hit with and you kill each other so early with them..

EDIT: 6-1.

Last edited:

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
So I decided to secondary Little Mac and keep Cloud as a backup to him just in case. Let's see how this goes.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
What the hell, did that fair kill at like 80%?
7-1
Good game

Hey, great games, Smashifer!

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
tfw shadow ball just hits right above your reflector
good work shadow ball

It's currently 5-1. But hey, you're a pretty decent Mewtwo!

In this matchup, up smash and up throw are super scary because there's easy to hit with and you kill each other so early with them..

EDIT: 6-1.
Alright, I gtg because everyone's going to bed. GGs all around! Can't say I'm not a little salty over that 2-frame spike though :p I had lots of fun though.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Alright, I gtg because everyone's going to bed. GGs all around! Can't say I'm not a little salty over that 2-frame spike though :p I had lots of fun though.
Yeah, that was a really cool spike.
Anyways, great games. See you! :)

Going into KTAR tomorrow, I'm not sure if I should play any :4corrin:, recently I've found myself autopiloting too much and it really limits my full potential, which is actually almost better than my :4mewtwo:. I tried :4palutena: today as well, and as much as I think she needs more players, I'll have to really work up my skill because it's just not working right yet. Any advice on finalizing the roster?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Going into KTAR tomorrow, I'm not sure if I should play any :4corrin:, recently I've found myself autopiloting too much and it really limits my full potential, which is actually almost better than my :4mewtwo:. I tried :4palutena: today as well, and as much as I think she needs more players, I'll have to really work up my skill because it's just not working right yet. Any advice on finalizing the roster?
Only you can decide which characters to play. I'm not sure how picking a solid character like Corrin would limit your potential at all. That's what people say about picking low tiers: "it limits their potential."

I've seen Palutena get away with some incredible stuff before. Same with Corrin.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Hey guys sorry I haven't been able to post lately, been relatively busy but I didn't forget my fellow Mewtwo's!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Going into KTAR tomorrow, I'm not sure if I should play any :4corrin:, recently I've found myself autopiloting too much and it really limits my full potential, which is actually almost better than my :4mewtwo:.
Once you get a good idea of Corrin's moves and what they're good for, pulling yourself out of autopilot should be easy. But if you don't think you know Corn well enough to not autopilot, you might just want to specialize in Mewtwo tomorrow.
I tried :4palutena: today as well, and as much as I think she needs more players, I'll have to really work up my skill because it's just not working right yet. Any advice on finalizing the roster?
I've tried to pick up Palutena as at least a pocket character because I think she needs more players too, bu she is so hard to use. She's like Zelda, but at least Zelda has those lightning kicks and tilts that don't take centuries to finish. Somehow, though, she still often finds herself higher on the tier list than Zelda, so I must be doing something wrong.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
So, I finally got back home to play some matches and put some real work into making my Zero Suit better and I noticed that the number of Mewtwo players on For Glory increased a lot too....
A lot from like 4 Mewtwo players in a month to 4 Mewtwo players in a day....
Btw, did any of you happen to bump into a ZSS doing some scruby things every now and then in her blue shorts yesterday?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So, I finally got back home to play some matches and put some real work into making my Zero Suit better and I noticed that the number of Mewtwo players on For Glory increased a lot too....
A lot from like 4 Mewtwo players in a month to 4 Mewtwo players in a day....
Btw, did any of you happen to bump into a ZSS doing some scruby things every now and then in her blue shorts yesterday?
I've been seeing a ton of Lucas, Ryu, and Roy myself, and every other DLC character every now and then.
I dunno what's up with that. Maybe a bunch of people that waited on the DLC before just suddenly decided to buy the last fighter pack, knowing that more won't be added later?

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I need to make a montage of how many people on FG fall for reflecting a full shadow ball on the opposite side of the stage....you will always kill them at about 20% or break their shield. Such a lame but fun tactic.

Just always be weary of using it close up, though.

D

Deleted member

This is probably waaaay off-topic. But I think that we should petition for wifi in Pokken Tournament. If it doesn't get that, I probably won't be buying the game. When I get games, I wan't to get an experience from then, not just tickle myself for 2 hours and throw it in my closet. (This could just be me, though).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This is probably waaaay off-topic. But I think that we should petition for wifi in Pokken Tournament. If it doesn't get that, I probably won't be buying the game. When I get games, I wan't to get an experience from then, not just tickle myself for 2 hours and throw it in my closet. (This could just be me, though).
What, did they say it might not have Wifi? I think I heard that the arcade versions were online, so it'd be really weird if the Wii U version isn't.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm pretty sure they announced online battles already.

After looking at the BR's official tier list, I finally noticed Lucario being way above Mewtwo.

Am I the only one here who thinks Lucario is completely awful and no where near Mewtwo in terms of viability? I'm genuinely curious.

If most of you think he is that good maybe I'll give the blue dog a second chance.

Edit: sorry for the double post. I wasn't paying attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
After looking at the BR's official tier list, I finally noticed Lucario being way above Mewtwo.

Am I the only one here who thinks Lucario is completely awful and no where near Mewtwo in terms of viability? I'm genuinely curious.

If most of you think he is that good maybe I'll give the blue dog a second chance.
Why do you think that Lucario's bad?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I tend to think that Lucario was improved a bit after Brawl, as it no longer has issues with making KOs while leading a match. In Brawl, a leading Lucario has it very difficult trying to make KOs, even when fighters have beyond realistic damage percentages.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

He's "meh" at low percents but absolutely monstrous once his percentage gets high.
It's been a while since I dropped him as a secondary, but I thought he was pretty good. You've just got to be extra cautious about your enemy's kill moves.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Why do you think that Lucario's bad?
He feels insanely laggy with his attacks. His aura makes the few combos he can do pretty impossible late game since one of the characters will be too high in percent.

His aura is an awesome mechanic but it is a double edged sword. If he dies first he is almost completely screwed until he takes more damage.

His recovery is both good and bad really. Landing lag is atrocious, easily gimpable if you know the timing well enough, and pretty hard to control. Its good because it can go crazy fast and for a stupidly long distance when aura is high.

I just feel like his weaknesses out weigh his strengths too much. This is my thoughts and I am more than capable of being wrong.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452

Edit: sorry for the double post. I wasn't paying attention.
I personally see Lucario as a solid mid tier character. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not very educated on Lucario though, so my opinion doesn't hold a ton of water.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
He feels insanely laggy with his attacks. His aura makes the few combos he can do pretty impossible late game since one of the characters will be too high in percent.

His aura is an awesome mechanic but it is a double edged sword. If he dies first he is almost completely screwed until he takes more damage.

His recovery is both good and bad really. Landing lag is atrocious, easily gimpable if you know the timing well enough, and pretty hard to control. Its good because it can go crazy fast and for a stupidly long distance when aura is high.

I just feel like his weaknesses out weigh his strengths too much. This is my thoughts and I am more than capable of being wrong.
I don't know much about Lucario, but, me personally, it's debatable which is more viable.
I think Mewtwo does have a lot of advantages over Lucario though.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Mewtwo's flaws and strengths are more pronounced than Lucario's, so it's hard to directly compare the two of them.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
His smash attacks are what's really laggy. Okay, sure, he can't combo very well at high percents, so he struggles to deal out damage, but his strengths make up for that.
His recovery takes practice, but it's not that hard to control once you get it down.
If you land on the stage correctly, he'll fly across the stage for a little bit and then land on his feet. Alternatively, you could just ledge snap.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Speaking of Lucario vs Mewtwo, what's better, SB or AS?
They're actually hard to compare, since Aura Sphere is so heavily influenced by Lucario's aura level.
Shadow Ball is better overall I'd say, and is an important part of both Mewtwo's defensive and offensive play, but Aura Sphere becomes better at really high percentages because of its sheer power.

Top Bottom