• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

What is his weight, 75? Rosalina's is 77, so argue with that.
1. Mewtwo, like Alakazam, can bend spoons with his mind. Perfect weapon for a psychic.
2. John Price could never top a cloned psychic cat. Master Chief is the only FPS character who could stand a chance.
Huh, looks like I've been :4greninja:'d. How ironic.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
What is his weight, 75? Rosalina's is 77, so argue with that.
1. Mewtwo, like Alakazam, can bend spoons with his mind. Perfect weapon for a psychic.
2. John Price could never top a cloned psychic cat. Master Chief is the only FPS character who could stand a chance.
Huh, looks like I've been :4greninja:'d. How ironic.
I was jokingly saying that Mewtwo needs a weight buff just so people can shut up about his weight, but I don't want a weight buff xD

(seriously though, who cares about his weight that much)

or did I just quote you wrong or... idk

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Guys, I really want Mewtwo's weight to be buffed just so people shut up about it.
At this point I just laugh it off. It's all you can do really. It's an annoying double standard when compared to other characters, but there's not much anyone can do about it.

It makes it more satisfying when you kick their ass with the character. I somewhat like adversity as it gives me something to prove. This is also why I like Little Mac so much.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Glass Cannon, remember? GLASS CANNON
Mewtwo's a glass cannon, but he isn't. He's really weird. He doesn't exactly have that sense of extreme hard hitting moves that the likes of Ganondorf and Bowser do, but he makes up for it with an amazing arsenal of tools.
At this point I just laugh it off. It's all you can do really. It's an annoying double standard when compared to other characters, but there's not much anyone can do about it.

It makes it more satisfying when you kick their *** with the character. I somewhat like adversity as it gives me something to prove. This is also why I like Little Mac so much.
Yeah. It's really satisfying.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Huh, never knew that about the name of the thread. I always thought it was because the range on his tail is similar to that of sword users but because it's rounded and not pointy or sharp, he has a 'spoon sword' or something.

Funny note about Zelda and her aerials, her fair has so much lag in this game that even with 200 speed from equipment, she can't sh fair without landing lag. For those who don't know, increasing speed also increases jump height.

Mewtwo's weight is complained about due to canonical issues. The damn thing weighs like 200+ lbs or something and yet in Smash it's lighter than Pikachu. I get the reason, it's to make it a glass cannon but it's an issue for anyone who wants Mewtwo to be loyal to the games. Zelda gets the same flack of being tall and light and you don't hear the complaint as much for Kirby since he's not tall. Sheik, Rosa and ZSS would get the complaint too if they weren't as good as they are.

I personally don't care for Mewtwo's weight. It's fun and that's all that matters. It could die at 0 from a jab and I'd still use it.

And CoD soldiers would likely be tall, heavy humans. Could see claymores and RPGs used, no bullets obviously in Smash...actually, come to think of it, does Bayonetta use bullets? Anyways! Original point was a CoD soldier could be a replacement for :snake:. I'd still rather Mewtwo though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Mewtwo's weight is complained about due to canonical issues. The damn thing weighs like 200+ lbs or something and yet in Smash it's lighter than Pikachu. I get the reason, it's to make it a glass cannon but it's an issue for anyone who wants Mewtwo to be loyal to the games. Zelda gets the same flack of being tall and light and you don't hear the complaint as much for Kirby since he's not tall. Sheik, Rosa and ZSS would get the complaint too if they weren't as good as they are.
Well, Corrin's got a suit of armor and I don't see anyone complaining that he's not heavy enough.

I think the idea is that he's always floating around, instead of having his feet flat on the ground, so he's more easily pushed around.
Sure, it may seem like flimsy reasoning, but we've got to remember that Smash operates on cartoon logic.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I haven't seen a single complaint about Rosalina being too light even though she's a heavyweight in Mario Kart and she's even taller than Mewtwo while only being 5 units heavier.

This is the prime double standard I'm referring to.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I haven't seen a single complaint about Rosalina being too light even though she's a heavyweight in Mario Kart and she's even taller than Mewtwo while only being 5 units heavier.

It's probably because Rosalina is a top tier character. And Mewtwo isn't.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

I vaguely remember Rosalina being a heavyweight at the E3 invitational, but that her weight was changed due to balance concerns.

I know that the prevailing theory, pre-release, was that she would be a heavyweight.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
It's probably because Rosalina is a top tier character. And Mewtwo isn't.
And this proves that weight + height is not the deciding factor of viability. There are a ton of factors other than weight that determine Mewtwo's placement and Rosalina's placement. Weight is one of them, but it is not the only thing at all.

Fox is a fast faller and a light weight, and this makes him combo fodder and easy pickings for combo oriented characters. He also has no combo or kill throws. Bad character? Nope.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I actually recall hearing complaints about Rosa being light despite her weight class in Mario Kart and Corrin has no confirmed weight, least none that I know of. Again, I go back to how Pikachu is heavier than Mewtwo in Smash when the latter is far heavier than the former in their source games.

Weight both low and high is not exactly a bad thing. Sheik, ZSS, Rosa and MK are all on the lighter side and are good while Zelda, Puff and Palutena are also light and yet they're nowhere near as good. Likewise, Wario, Ike and Ryu are on the heavier side of the scale and are doing okay for themselves while Charizard and Ganondorf could be doing a lot better.

I can imagine, even if Mewtwo was heavy, people would still complain about him. "Why doesn't he just use his psychic powers to pick his opponent up from afar and send them to their deaths?" or "Why doesn't he just levitate above the stage for the whole match?".

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I'm actually home right now so I can go online with the 3DS. If you're still available, I'll do it. I'll try out Mac too. I'm not that great at him yet, but it'll be good for experience.
Okay, make the room please.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
2 or 3 stock?
3, please. :)

EDIT: GG. You kind of threw me off but I saw your faults in mac anyways.
EDIT 2: Dangit. You're still winning as usual.
EDIT 3: Why...? I'm kinda not having fun now.
EDIT 4: I won a game with Cloud.

Last edited:

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Funny note about Zelda and her aerials, her fair has so much lag in this game that even with 200 speed from equipment, she can't sh fair without landing lag. For those who don't know, increasing speed also increases jump height.
This is really sad. I just want to know why her aerials were made so laggy; perhaps they considered sweetspotted lightning kicks to be super powerful, and thus it was a 'balancing' factor?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
This is really sad. I just want to know why her aerials were made so laggy; perhaps they considered sweetspotted lightning kicks to be super powerful, and thus it was a 'balancing' factor?
Most likely though I question the notion since she had sh fair and bair in the past two games and still did poorly, at least at a competitive level. Perhaps she'd be deemed too powerful to lower or mid level of play with sh fair/bair in this game.

Or perhaps they're looked at as smash attacks that can be used in the air. Having to go through jump squat and startup time just to get the kick out and then suffering landing lag. Problem with that is she doesn't have a 'real' fair or bair. Too bad she lacks the option to switch between strong and weak aerials like Robin.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
3, please. :)

EDIT: GG. You kind of threw me off but I saw your faults in mac anyways.
EDIT 2: Dangit. You're still winning as usual.
EDIT 3: Why...? I'm kinda not having fun now.
EDIT 4: I won a game with Cloud.
Don't get too discouraged by the losses. Experience is the best teacher. In fact, after the disconnection, you seemed to play a lot better than I was and you were punishing my mistakes really well which is what got you wins. As long as you learn why you lost, it's not a waste.

I can definitely see my flaws with Mac. I put myself in situations a lot where I can get gimped, and I also really suck at landing too. I do this as well with Mewtwo, but I mask it a lot better since he has way better aerial mobility, Teleport, and Confusion. That's just a poor habit from Brawl though where landing was a lot easier due to better air dodges.

You play a great Mewtwo and it's definitely apparent to me that I should incorporate jab to grab more into my game plan. I should definitely go into the lab and practice good landing strategies if I get more serious with Smash.

Last edited:

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Most likely though I question the notion since she had sh fair and bair in the past two games and still did poorly, at least at a competitive level. Perhaps she'd be deemed too powerful to lower or mid level of play with sh fair/bair in this game.

Or perhaps they're looked at as smash attacks that can be used in the air. Having to go through jump squat and startup time just to get the kick out and then suffering landing lag. Problem with that is she doesn't have a 'real' fair or bair. Too bad she lacks the option to switch between strong and weak aerials like Robin.
They also increased the landing lag of Captain Falcon's knee drastically. I think it's just a thing with sweetspotted aerials.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
They also increased the landing lag of Captain Falcon's knee drastically. I think it's just a thing with sweetspotted aerials.
I noticed that too but it's not as drastic. You can actually perform a sh lagless fair with Falcon with a high enough speed. It's damn near 200 but it's actually possible unlike Zelda's fair.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Don't get too discouraged by the losses. Experience is the best teacher. In fact, after the disconnection, you seemed to play a lot better than I was and you were punishing my mistakes really well which is what got you wins. As long as you learn why you lost, it's not a waste.

I can definitely see my flaws with Mac. I put myself in situations a lot where I can get gimped, and I also really suck at landing too. I do this as well with Mewtwo, but I mask it a lot better since he has way better aerial mobility, Teleport, and Confusion. That's just a poor habit from Brawl though where landing was a lot easier due to better air dodges.

You play a great Mewtwo and it's definitely apparent to me that I should incorporate jab to grab more into my game plan.
Me, personally I think your biggest flaw is rolling. I noticed that after most of your attacks as Little Mac, you rolled back. Now, I really can't punish this as Mewtwo due to his terrible traction, but when fighting other characters they'll read it and punish it.

But good plays overall.

I did notice an improvement in our M2 dittos after I disconnected. Most of the time I got two-stocked, but after that you were the one getting two stocked. It's a HUGE difference.

Do you know what happened with me? Because, honestly, I don't. I did feel quite a bit more confident though.

Also, a lot of others have mentioned that my spacing is pretty good, what's your thoughts on that?

I'm not discouraged by the losses, I was just very confused in what to do in neutral because you kind of just ran back and ran forth. I obviously should've grabbed a lot more and a lot of the time I accidentally dash attack'd your KO punch. And I know why. It's because I just want that dang thing gone but I'm not patient enough.

I've noticed a lot in our Mewtwo dittos that the whole neutral is a lot about SHAD forward air. It's fun, seeing who gets the first forward air and then proceeds to get wrecked by just one single forward air.

Man.

Just... forward air.

The move isn't overpowered, but you know, it's actually very close to being overpowered. It has extremely low risk, and super high reward when you get one. The move is applicable to almost every situation - it's such an awesome move.

I think you should really jab to grab more in your gameplan, it's very useful to get quick KOs off of up throw or damage with forward throw. I didn't really get to use it much in the matches since the matches were mostly just spacing each other out.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Ummmmmm

So forward air is good, from what i've heard

so what is going on

Last edited:

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Are we talking about mewtwo experiences

I got nothing else to do
I think we are, feel free to join in. How often do you play Mewtwo in Smash 4?

Speaking of Call of Duty (in reference to your earlier question for lulz), I always think of Call of Duty when I snipe fools more than halfway across the stage and further beyond off of it (with them still recovering) with a Shadow Ball. You watch, wait, annnnnd.... BOOM. Annihilation. :150:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Ummmmmm

So forward air is good, from what i've heard

so what is going on
How can you just say forward air is just good? It's a top 5, if not top 3 forward airs in the game. Hell, I'd say it's the second best.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
How can you just say forward air is just good? It's a top 5, if not top 3 forward airs in the game. Hell, I'd say it's the second best.
I'm not sure he's actually taking the conversation too seriously. :i6rkW:

Yes, though, forward air is godly.

We're just hanging out 7, but if you want to play some actual Smash with us you can extend an invitation any time.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think we are, feel free to join in. How often do you play Mewtwo in Smash 4?

Speaking of Call of Duty (in reference to your earlier question for lulz), I always think of Call of Duty when I snipe fools more than halfway across the stage and further beyond off of it (with them still recovering) with a Shadow Ball. You watch, wait, annnnnd.... BOOM. Annihilation. :150:
So what is going on

I play him Not so much, he is so hard to get into, bu also fun

also i have been playing cloud,bayonetta,corrin all day

I don't like call of duty

that would be cool if mewtwo was in call of duty

is his foreward air really that good

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
So what is going on

Yeah. It would be cool. He would be shooting with a Shadow Ball Shotgun!

His forward air is really that good. Let me tell you a list of reasons why and you'll understand.

1. The move is safe on shield and it's extremely hard to punish.
2. It has ridiculously high reward if you get off a fastfall forward air at low percents.
3. It can kill. And it kills really early offstage, and around 140% on stage. Even if you stale it a bunch, it's still going to kill your opponent at 100% offstage.
4. It's one of the defining parts of his neutral game.
5. It does 13%.
6. It can be used very well with SHAD. (short hop air dodge if you didn't know)
7. It's one of his best edge guarders because of his aforementioned kill power with it
8. Oh yeah, I forgot. It's freaking frame 6. FRAME. 6. THAT IS AS FAST AS HIS DOWN TILT.

You can do very cool stuff with it. For example you can chain forward airs into each other, start a down tilt combo at 0%... be creative.

With all this in just ONE move? That is godlike. If you don't respect this move, you are going to have a REALLY bad time.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Good Old Mewtwo, having those Foreward airs everyday

Still not Sheik though

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
So what is going on

Are you going for a high post count for a specific reason? Just curious.

I don't really touch Bayonetta much, but I do enjoy Cloud and Corrin. It's easy to play a lot of matches with them.

You certainly mention Call of Duty a lot for someone who doesn't like it, but what you're doing is entertaining so I can't complain too much.

His forward air is very fast and can kill surprisingly well. It can easily link into more fairs if you play it right. Throwing fairs out is pretty safe most of the time and is very rewarding when it lands.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Good Old Mewtwo, having those Foreward airs everyday

Still not Sheik though
It's not Sheik's, but, honestly? The damage that Mewtwo's forward air racks up can be just as much as sheik gets off of forward air.
Sheik ends up staling it a lot more too, so she lowers her damage output over time. But Mewtwo? I've staled it to death and it still deals around 11% damage. Compare that to a Sheik's staled forward air which does 2-4 damage per hit.

Sheik's is probably better still, but Mewtwo's isn't far from being as good as it.

you know, you could probably win just by using Mewtwo's forward air. Hell, I've done it.

Last edited:

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
It's not Sheik's, but, honestly? The damage that Mewtwo's forward air racks up can be just as much as sheik gets off of forward air.
Sheik ends up staling it a lot more too, so she lowers her damage output over time. But Mewtwo? I've staled it to death and it still deals around 11% damage. Compare that to a Sheik's staled forward air which does 2-4 damage per hit.

Sheik's is probably better still, but Mewtwo's isn't far from being as good as it.
We'll also take every really good move and option we can get with Mewtwo, considering his still-murky reputation among many Smash fans.

I've also noticed that even after staling the move like crazy, its effectiveness barely seems to diminish.

7NATOR

Smash Master
yeah

i got nothing else to say........

anyone watch Mewtwo vs. vegeta

I know its out of nowhere, but I'm not the mos social person and I don't know how to keep this conversation going

also that back air is good... i think

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
yeah

i got nothing else to say........

anyone watch Mewtwo vs. vegeta

I know its out of nowhere, but I'm not the mos social person and I don't know how to keep this conversation going

also that back air is good... i think
I think you should feel free to try out Mewtwo and maybe secondary him - he's not THAT high of a skill level, it just takes quite a long time to get great at him.

I've played Mewtwo since... June? July? Dunno somewhere between there. I've gotten pretty great at him (according to other Mewtwo players I have fought on this forum). It just takes a lot of time, you just gotta learn new stuff. Fighting other Mewtwo players is a great way to get better.

Back air? I really like the move. It's his overall best edge guarder, has a lot of range and strings into itself. The only problems it has it's startup (13 frames, a frame more than twice the frames of startup forward air has) and the landing lag (17 frames I think) so in terms of frame data it's pretty shaggy but in terms of everything else it's pretty decent. It can kill too.

Top Bottom