• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I will make my own tier list tomorrow when my internet permits. I'm either gonna be agreed with or banned from the social so that'll be fun.

In other news I started a randomized nuzlocke of Soul Silver AND JUST CAUGHT A JIRACHI! BLESS! LIFE IS GOOD! :drflip:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
You know, it's a dumb strategy, but one of the best strategies to win against those Ness FG spammers is actually use a FG strategy yourself. There's a ton of times where I fought these kind of guys and switched to my amazing, tournament level Little Mac (xD) and made them really salty.
Ness players on FG might be some of the most brain dead, flat out worst players I have ever seen in this game. They go for the same flowchart stuff every single time. It gets mind numbing fighting them. At this point, they're not even close to difficult for me to deal with, which is probably a bad thing because I'll likely get wrecked if I bump into an actually good one.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I like simple characters who are easy to use. The exact opposite of what Bayo and Ryu are. Can't ever get the input right for the red Hadoken and having as many options as he does just gives me a headache. Bayo is in a similar boat. So many options it makes my head hurt.

Also, that block thing that was mentioned earlier. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I fight my cousin regularly in person but I know him. I'm somewhat of a shy individual so it'd suck to have any competitive chance I have be whisked away by fear or nervousness.

D

Deleted member

You know, it's a dumb strategy, but one of the best strategies to win against those Ness FG spammers is actually use a FG strategy yourself. There's a ton of times where I fought these kind of guys and switched to my amazing, tournament level Little Mac (xD) and made them really salty.
One of my favorite things to do against tryhard players on FG (particularly when they pick :4falcon: with the gold/pink alt) is just pick :4zelda:and play super lame. Even if she's terrible she's a great sandbagging character because nobody knows how to fight Zelda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Furret24

Smash Master
My list thing based on how much I like them.
IMG_20160214_235304.JPG

Notes:
- Only the first and last two tiers are specifically ordered.
- "Really Like" is really Just a slightly higher ranked version of "Like".
- I actually hate fighting Little Mac, but he's so fun to use.
:162:

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
One of my favorite things to do against tryhard players on FG (particularly when they pick :4falcon: with the gold/pink alt) is just pick :4zelda:and play super lame. Even if she's terrible she's a great sandbagging character because nobody knows how to fight Zelda.
My cousin has a decent Zelda and pulls her out to fight brain dead Ness and Lucas players. All of that projectile spam goes to waste against Nayru's spam and he actually knows how to competently use her if he finds an opponent where he needs to do more than spam b.

Feels good to watch brainless effort be thwarted by brainless effort.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Ness players on FG might be some of the most brain dead, flat out worst players I have ever seen in this game. They go for the same flowchart stuff every single time. It gets mind numbing fighting them. At this point, they're not even close to difficult for me to deal with, which is probably a bad thing because I'll likely get wrecked if I bump into an actually good one.
PK Fire! Down throw. Forward air. Forward air. PK Fire. More combos.
Wait at ledge. Back throw. OKAY.

It's so flowchart.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
What's wrong with his visual design
He seems taller (I prefer him looking really short, I think he looked cuter before) and there's something about his solid black eyes in Smash 4 that doesn't seem quite right to me.

That Jolt Haymaker/Side+B could laugh its way through the PK Fire spam.

Furret24

Smash Master
Mac's the best choice against those terrible for Glory scrubs.

Scrubs can't handle his super armor, nor can they competently edgeguard him.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
/Lucina

I could understand your reasoning's behind ness

also I hope you did not take my first tier list seriously, it was a joke, the second one is my real list

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Mac yet?

Scrubs can't handle his super armor, nor can they competently edgeguard him.

Honestly, great Little Mac players are scary. Good ones have excellent reaction time, will absolutely never challenge you in an unsafe way, and you can't do much back to them without eating a hard punish. Someone like Sol would likely be a nightmare to go against in person.

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Honestly, great Little Mac players are scary. Good ones have excellent reaction time, will absolutely never challenge you in an unsafe way, and you can't do much back to them without eating a hard punish. Someone like Sol would likely be a nightmare to go against in person.
Bad Macs make me cry
Good Macs make me cry
Little Mac makes me cry

Furret24

Smash Master
Good Little Macs are probably the scariest thing to encounter on For Glory.

7NATOR

Smash Master
And this is why This game Perfectly captures little mac

He is meant to be the underdog, so when people know how to fight him, and the user is not good, it won't end well for mac

But in the hands of a good player, Like Sol, he can make a comeback, surprise the opponent, and absolutely murder them

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
That design issue goes for a few characters imo. Ganon for example, looks like he's made of clay. That'd be fine if he was WW Ganon but TP Ganon looked so much better with the Brawl artstyle. Lucas is similar. Having seen an LP of his game and knowing what all he went through, it made so much more sense to see him sad yet here he is, happy as can be in Sm4sh. Ness just looks...simple. I recall when images were getting leaked in regards to the final roster before the game came out, people called bs when they saw Ness cuz in every other game, I guess his shirt hangs out a bit and in Sm4sh it doesn't? They changed something about his design, whatever it was.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
And this is why This game Perfectly captures little mac

He is meant to be the underdog, so when people know how to fight him, and the user is not good, it won't end well for mac

But in the hands of a good player, Like Sol, he can make a comeback, surprise the opponent, and absolutely murder them
Those skilled Little Macs can even recover back to the stage while you're laughing at them after having thrown them off the stage AND hit them away with an aerial. And then you realize it's not yet over. :urg:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
What's the "for glory strategy" that you guys think you would most win with? For example, the stereotypical Ness, Mario, Ganondorf, etcetera.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I recall months ago, before I ever considered using Pika at a competitive level and back when I actually cared for FG (I can tell you from personal experience that it is the least competitive mode online ironically enough) I found a Mac player who was loads better than I was and honestly might be better than I am now. Despite the skill gap, I still manged to beat him 2 matches in a row before he left and the only reason I won those two matches is cuz he was Mac. 1 well placed throw and 1 well timed edgeguard and a stock was taken.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Some can even K.O. Punch you IMMEDIATELY after getting up from the ledge
Ah, the Gazelle Punch. I've been practicing that, but I never really find many opportunities to throw it out in a real match. It also has a 50% chance of working and it's not consistent when you need it to be.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What's the "for glory strategy" that you guys think you would most win with? For example, the stereotypical Ness, Mario, Ganondorf, etcetera.
With Mewtwo? Camp.
A good timed Shadow Ball can easily catch a roll, and since many For Glory players don't know how to approach, they often give you great opportunities to shield grab or intercept their dash with a Shadow Ball. If they reflect, you might still be able to pull off the old Ping Pong / Tenis / Dead Man's Volley on 'em and get a stupid early KO, depending on the character.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Something I've been pulling off a LOT on For Glory is Shadow Ball on opponent's shield -> Dash Attack. They shield the Shadow Ball, see how much of their shield just got ate for dinner, then let go of their shield, probably to try to retreat, but they are not fast enough to avoid getting hit by the dash attack I throw out immediately after. From there, let's just say all's Fair in love and war. :smirk:

7NATOR

Smash Master
/Lucina

You seem to have great experience with Mewtwo on For Glory

Everytime I pick Mewtwo, 8/10 i'm going to get bodied, have any facts,advice, etc when using Mewtwo on For Glory

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
New Pokken tournament news out. You can check it out on Serebii or Gamexplain.

It was seriously a huge missed opportunity not to make normal Mewtwo mega evolve into Mega Mewtwo Y.

Oh well, Hyper Beam looks cool.

Er, I think that's Hyper Beam, at least.

Last edited:

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
/Lucina

You seem to have great experience with Mewtwo on For Glory

Everytime I pick Mewtwo, 8/10 i'm going to get bodied, have any facts,advice, etc when using Mewtwo on For Glory
Well, I am more of a casual player, so I constantly play online either With Friends or on For Glory. I enjoy With Friends far, far more, but I still like to play For Glory also, because I meet some really cool players there who are great sports. I'd say my experience is decent to good. Sonicninja did this Guide to Mewtwo that I found relatively early on in my time here that looks pretty useful. I suggest giving it a look if you really want to understand Mewtwo better. From what you've seen of our compliments to Mewtwo, you already know some of his better moves. And remember not to be afraid to chase your opponent. Master attacking and dodging in the air with Mewtwo, he has a special, floaty way of moving through the air. His second jump can take him very high also, so you can often pursue opponents above you with ease. If you can get good at controlling Mewtwo in the air, I think you're on the right track.

7NATOR

Smash Master
/Lucina

You Really Are committed to Mewtwo

probably not as much as Lucina but close as this info is really useful

Thank you So Much!

Last edited:

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
/Lucina

You Really Are committed to Mewtwo

probably not as much as Lucina but close as this info is really useful

Thank you So Much!
No problem! I hope the information helps you out. Also, I am actually very similarly invested in the two. They are my heaviest mains by far and I use them both pretty evenly now, though Lucina was my first of the two that I picked up (not much of a choice there either since Mewtwo had to be released later as DLC).

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
See you later, 7.

So how do you guys like my nickname I use when playing Mewtwo

I go by:

I also thought about using "PsyClone", but it was a little too punny.

:colorful:

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Since people seem to be using the tier thing to show their useage of characters, here's mine.

It's not really an order of who I'm best with but more like who I like using. Especially after the third row, it's hard to say who I'm better with and who I'm worse with. For example, there might be characters I like trolling with but won't do as well with than say someone in the Okay list or Dread list. Even with the Dread getting at random list, there wasn't enough space to add that I'm still okay playing as them.

Attachments

Top Bottom