• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Yes, it's not exactly what the opponent had in mind when they decided they wanted to get some tail that day.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
anyone watch Mewtwo vs. vegeta
I don't watch Death Battles. I've never seen a single one. I severely dislike gore and realistic violence, and from the things other people have said, they always seem to kill characters that I like. So... **** them. I have better things I can waste time on. Less depressing things. Things that won't make me angry.

7NATOR

Smash Master
no not that on

there is a 30+ min video by silvermania about this, which includes porrly drawn fights, 3d, rapping, etc

you still probably won't like it though

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
I don't watch Death Battles. I've never seen a single one. I severely dislike gore and realistic violence, and from the things other people have said, they always seem to kill characters that I like. So... **** them. I have better things I can waste time on. Less depressing things. Things that won't make me angry.
Oops. I guess you wouldn't like my writing style... sometimes I get a little indulgent with details when I've done my fanfic ****ery in the past. I never posted to fanfiction.net or anything, but I love writing up fights between characters in detail. I'm probably not as over-the-top as death battle though. They get pretty crazy. For example, Mewtwo vs. Bowser, I'd write something like:

"Bowser crushed a clawed fist directly into Mewtwo's back. The Pokémon felt a shock of pain arc across his spine and shuddered forward, coughing up a red mist of blood that clouded his vision. His eyes lit up with cold anger as he used his psychic power to blast Bowser away from him in one mighty explosion..."

Writing death battles is fun.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'd always like to think that Giga bowser can tank through anything

like it would take Shadic to beat

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It's probably because Rosalina is a top tier character. And Mewtwo isn't.
Or she was only classified as "heavy" in Mario Kart due to her tall size only letting her fit in large karts, like Waluigi.

I dunno, Giga Bowser's power really isn't clearly shown. But in my opinion? Mewtwo would win. Mewtwo is really dang powerful.
Bowser vs. Mewtwo doesn't fit at all. The former should be facing off against Astaroth from Ghosts n' Goblins. You could even throw in their armies in the mix like in Eggman vs. Wily.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Yes, it's not exactly what the opponent had in mind when they decided they wanted to get some tail that day.
Careful, you might send @TailLover on a tail loving spree by mentioning that. ;)

So last night I played some games at a weekly gaming meet I attend. I thought I'd got over what I call 'locking up' where somebody else comes along to play and if I haven't played them before, my entire playstyle is just thrown out the window and I can barely move and end up gettng two stocked. But I've noticed since Friday I haven't.

The guy comes along and starts playing Corrin, so I go Mewtwo and pretty much demolish him. He picks Yoshi after that, so I go Toon Link and its a close match (considering its my first time using Toon Link) but he f-airs me off stage 3 times because I kept falling into it. I did get a swag kill with TL's d-air on him though lol.

Anyway after that he goes Corrin again. After that Yoshi match, I just......completely locked up. He 0-death'ed me on the first stock as Corrin because of it (3 stocks per match) so I went all out spam on him and ending up using nothing but SB and d-tilt for the next stock, almost 0-death'ing him and getting up to 80% without being touched. This playstyle is obnoxious as hell but it works wonders. He won the match in the end but it was very close.

After that, the next few he kept winning. Everytime I went Mewtwo it was close but I was still locking up and he was getting the advantage over me because of that. I did finally win against his Yoshi again with Mewtwo, but he pretty much would have 3 stocked my other characters if I didn't switch. When I went Sheik it was just obnoxious and the match nearly timed out because none of us could kill. I used to main Sheik but when you can't get the kill with her it just goes haywire.

Anyway, later on another player comes over and asks for some matches. This guys one of the better players of the game and often gets decent tournament results and went Rosalina. When I played him, I didn't lock up and ended up almost winning. I probably would have won if Mewtwo hadn't of teleported into the stage instead of snapping the ledge UGGHH... but overall, it was a close match. This guys Rosalina demolished the other guys Yoshi. It wasn't even close.

Does anybody else ever deal with this? I find that I do well and don't get nervous or lock up against good players. I play the best and second best in our state, and I do fine against them and even win a few, but when I play other lower level players I do terrible and often get demolished. It's bizzare.

Maybe somebody could give me some advice. In the past it was never as bad to the point I'd lock up. Even the controls feel like they take 2 seconds to work when it happens. It really affects my gameplay.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Huh, I'm Not the best Advice giver

maybe you are thinking too much into this, maybe when you fight lower level players you are just overthinking it, when you don't have to

that's all I got

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Ah, I have a problem with this sometimes.
Do you want to know why? Because I might have an answer to your problem. :)
Eh I'll just say it.

Most of the time when I'm against low level players, I'm not in my zone.
It's just a thing for me - the better the player is the harder I'm playing.
And low level players can mess you up a lot because you may expect too much of them.

For example, say if I wanted to go for a tech chase opportunity on a low level player. Now, higher level players usually tech a lot, but lower levels? Not really. So then I just dash attack and I get get up attacked.

You're expecting too much of them. That may be the problem.

Metros Metros
I hope this is useful!

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Oops. I guess you wouldn't like my writing style... sometimes I get a little indulgent with details when I've done my fanfic ****ery in the past. I never posted to fanfiction.net or anything, but I love writing up fights between characters in detail. I'm probably not as over-the-top as death battle though. They get pretty crazy. For example, Mewtwo vs. Bowser, I'd write something like:

"Bowser crushed a clawed fist directly into Mewtwo's back. The Pokémon felt a shock of pain arc across his spine and shuddered forward, coughing up a red mist of blood that clouded his vision. His eyes lit up with cold anger as he used his psychic power to blast Bowser away from him in one mighty explosion..."

Writing death battles is fun.
Writing about graphic violence is still a bit unsettling, but not nearly as traumatic or impacting as a video. If something I read disturbs me, I will forget it in time. If something I SEE disturbs me, I may NEVER forget it.

Your writing style is quite good. When I was a teenager, I used to love writing and reading fanfiction of my favorite franchises and such.

Here, let me recommend the one fanfiction author that I, as an adult, have enjoyed reading. He writes Pokemon stories. Most are set in a more realistic world. He has some questionable prose at times... he's known to write a confusing sentence or two... but his stories are exciting, vivid, and full of emotion and memorable characters. Some are violent or depressing, but not all of them. I speak of "cge."

I met him two years ago on /vp/, in the fanfiction thread, by chance. I used to hang out in /vp/ a lot.

Here, hold on, I'll edit in a link. https://m.fanfiction.net/u/2578078/

I'd recommend his stories to anyone. His stories almost all intertwine with each other, so the more you read, the more these seemingly odd references to unintroduced characters make sense. It's like one big anthology, kinda.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Careful, you might send @TailLover on a tail loving spree by mentioning that. ;)

So last night I played some games at a weekly gaming meet I attend. I thought I'd got over what I call 'locking up' where somebody else comes along to play and if I haven't played them before, my entire playstyle is just thrown out the window and I can barely move and end up gettng two stocked. But I've noticed since Friday I haven't.

The guy comes along and starts playing Corrin, so I go Mewtwo and pretty much demolish him. He picks Yoshi after that, so I go Toon Link and its a close match (considering its my first time using Toon Link) but he f-airs me off stage 3 times because I kept falling into it. I did get a swag kill with TL's d-air on him though lol.

Anyway after that he goes Corrin again. After that Yoshi match, I just......completely locked up. He 0-death'ed me on the first stock as Corrin because of it (3 stocks per match) so I went all out spam on him and ending up using nothing but SB and d-tilt for the next stock, almost 0-death'ing him and getting up to 80% without being touched. This playstyle is obnoxious as hell but it works wonders. He won the match in the end but it was very close.

After that, the next few he kept winning. Everytime I went Mewtwo it was close but I was still locking up and he was getting the advantage over me because of that. I did finally win against his Yoshi again with Mewtwo, but he pretty much would have 3 stocked my other characters if I didn't switch. When I went Sheik it was just obnoxious and the match nearly timed out because none of us could kill. I used to main Sheik but when you can't get the kill with her it just goes haywire.

Anyway, later on another player comes over and asks for some matches. This guys one of the better players of the game and often gets decent tournament results and went Rosalina. When I played him, I didn't lock up and ended up almost winning. I probably would have won if Mewtwo hadn't of teleported into the stage instead of snapping the ledge UGGHH... but overall, it was a close match. This guys Rosalina demolished the other guys Yoshi. It wasn't even close.

Does anybody else ever deal with this? I find that I do well and don't get nervous or lock up against good players. I play the best and second best in our state, and I do fine against them and even win a few, but when I play other lower level players I do terrible and often get demolished. It's bizzare.

Maybe somebody could give me some advice. In the past it was never as bad to the point I'd lock up. Even the controls feel like they take 2 seconds to work when it happens. It really affects my gameplay.
I don't really know what you mean. I get nervous about playing people I can't physically see, but in person? I'll fight anyone, even if I get bodied. You learn by playing people better than you, in my case. Anonymously, there's no interaction, no gauge of what the other person wants or thinks. That throws me off.

Edit: damnit double posted AGAIN

Last edited:

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
I saw a 'tier list according to preference' post like the one I'm about to make on another one of the social boards and thought that looked like fun, so I organized my own tier list in much the same way:

This is my own personal list based on two factors: how often I play the characters and how fun I find them to play. Putting those two factors together I made this list, and I made it from most to least favored from left to right, top to bottom, down to the very last character as accurately as I could (it became harder to place characters the further down I went). It actually took me a bit of time!

I've discovered that Pit is my least favorite character to play in the game, which is something I never expected after having used Pit as a Secondary quite regularly in Brawl. I absolutely hate how he feels now for whatever reason.

7NATOR

Smash Master
YO =, YOU DON'T LIKE LITTLE MAC NO MORE, BRING THAT A-

But seriously, does the "Liked" tier mean you used to like them, but you don't anymore

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I saw a 'tier list according to preference' post like the one I'm about to make on another one of the social boards and thought that looked like fun, so I organized my own tier list in much the same way:

This is my own personal list based on two factors: how often I play the characters and how fun I find them to play. Putting those two factors together I made this list, and I made it from most to least favored from left to right, top to bottom, down to the very last character as accurately as I could (it became harder to place characters the further down I went). It actually took me a bit of time!

I've discovered that Pit is my least favorite character to play in the game, which is something I never expected after having used Pit as a Secondary quite regularly in Brawl. I absolutely hate how he feels now for whatever reason.
What do you use to make these out of curiousity?

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
YO =, YOU DON'T LIKE LITTLE MAC NO MORE, BRING THAT A-

But seriously, does the "Liked" tier mean you used to like them, but you don't anymore
I do like Little Mac. I used the word "Liked" in the context of "they are currently liked." All of these characters are ones that I like to play, but aren't in my top 13, or as I like to call it... Organization XIII. :shades:

What do you use to make these out of curiousity?
[url=https://quetzle.github.io/smash-apps/tier/]Tier List Maker - [/URL] It's pretty handy.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I don't really know what you mean. I get nervous about playing people I can't physically see, but in person? I'll fight anyone, even if I get bodied. You learn by playing people better than you, in my case. Anonymously, there's no interaction, no gauge of what the other person wants or thinks. That throws me off.

Edit: damnit double posted AGAIN
Yes you do learn by playing people better than you. I don't get nervous when I play those people. But lately playing against people I know that I can do well against and beat I lock up and end up being demolished.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
My opinions on characters can also be ever-changing, though I think that the characters in my Neglected class are unlikely to graduate from their class. A few of my 'Liked' characters may switch places with or move up into Tertiary or even Secondary status in the future though. I have my eyes on Peach, Yoshi, and R.O.B. sometimes, for example.

I'm currently making mine right now.
I really wanna see that! I've been curious about what other characters people here enjoy using the most.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647

Way cool
I really like the design of this site, it's nice and pleases the eye.
EDIT: I also did not include the Miis because I don't care for them whatsoever.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Sadly, though my N3DS loads the site, and I can arrange a list, I have no way to save my work. The thumbnail doesn't load, and I can't copy the plain text due to formatting.

Oh well. Maybe I'll go to the library tomorrow and do one.

D

Deleted member

Way cool
I really like the design of this site, it's nice and pleases the eye.
EDIT: I also did not include the Miis because I don't care for them whatsoever.
>dislikes Ness

I'm sad. :ness64:

>likes Dedede

Now I'm not sad. :4dedede:

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
I agree with your dislike of Mario and Ness, they are two of the 'high-tier' characters that I neither like to play as nor play against.

I'm curious as to why you despise Luigi and Little Mac though, particularly Luigi (I can probably guess reasons for Little Mac).

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
>dislikes Ness

I'm sad. :ness64:

>likes Dedede

Now I'm not sad. :4dedede:
Yeah, I really don't like Ness, both when I'm playing as him nor when I'm fighting him. He's so boring to play as, and getting KO'd via bthrow isn't fun when you're on the receiving end.
Also back a long while ago I kept losing to a Ness on For Glory and he insulted me and said stuff like "UCANTWIN" and that image is permanently burned into my retinas. It's not that I'm still upset by it or anything, but some of the :salt: does arise whenever I see Ness.

I agree with your dislike of Mario and Ness, they are two of the 'high-tier' characters that I neither like to play as nor play against.

I'm curious as to why you despise Luigi and Little Mac though, particularly Luigi (I can probably guess reasons for Little Mac).
Well, ironically, Luigi is one of my favorite Mario characters, but in Smash I hate everything about him bar his silly animations that I can't help but chuckle at. That's really the only thing that keeps him above Little Mac, and I hate basically everything about him. Whenever a Little Mac appears, my tears are soon to follow.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
MY AWSOME LIST

JUST KIDDING HERE IS THE REAL ONE, By the way, the actual listing inside each tier isn't in order

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know what? I'll give this "personal tier list" thing a go.
Personal Tier List.png

Each list is in no particular order, but Corrin is my only secondary. I might make him a third main, though. He's kind of on the borderline, which is why I didn't list him with my pocket characters.

Edit: Oops, I don't own Lucas either. I had added him to "never use" by accident.

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452

Here's mine.

I don't think I've used Peach a single time since I've turned on the game. I never liked Sheik and Rosalina's playstyles either. Has nothing to do with their tier placement. My previous least used was Ice Climbers in Melee and Brawl, but now they're gone.

Also thanks a lot for your input 420quickscoper 420quickscoper . I think that's mostly bad FG habits at play because I almost never get punished for rolling or dodging except from very good players.

Last edited:

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Yeah, I really don't like Ness, both when I'm playing as him nor when I'm fighting him. He's so boring to play as, and getting KO'd via bthrow isn't fun when you're on the receiving end.
Also back a long while ago I kept losing to a Ness on For Glory and he insulted me and said stuff like "UCANTWIN" and that image is permanently burned into my retinas. It's not that I'm still upset by it or anything, but some of the :salt: does arise whenever I see Ness.
I also think Ness' visual design is weakest in this game. I liked his look in the other Smash games more. Suffering from his very powerful backthrow and fair strings (particularly the triple fairs) is definitely very annoying. PK Fire can also be a frustrating blockade to deal with, similar to Robin's Arcfire.

That sucks that someone insulted you, too. Some people get their rocks off trying to get a rise out of people. I had a Captain Falcon that did that to me, which didn't help my general impression I'd had of him being favored by some generally elitist players.

And I've always preferred Lucas' playstyle over Ness'. As for which character I like more? I dunno, I like them and their respective games a ton. Lucas probably squeaks out the win still though.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Here's mine:

Ordered as best I could but also rushed cuz I gotta get going to sleep. Miis are in their own category since I don't have a clear opinion on them due to never using or fighting them.

7NATOR

Smash Master
What's wrong with his visual design

also make sure that when you see my tier lists that you look at the second one

the first one is the opposite of what i think, like opposite day from spongebob

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
You know, it's a dumb strategy, but one of the best strategies to win against those Ness FG spammers is actually use a FG strategy yourself. There's a ton of times where I fought these kind of guys and switched to my amazing, tournament level Little Mac (xD) and made them really salty.

Top Bottom