• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
They're actually hard to compare, since Aura Sphere is so heavily influenced by Lucario's aura level.
Shadow Ball is better overall I'd say, and is an important part of both Mewtwo's defensive and offensive play, but Aura Sphere becomes better at really high percentages because of its sheer power.
I don't know. In most cases, SB does more damage than any kind of Aura Sphere (I think they become tied if Lucario is at his strongest).

Also, in most cases, SB kills earlier. It's generally a better tool, but AS has the charging damage that can give Lucario a lot of cool stuff that SB doesn't have.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Aura Sphere charges a lot faster though.
I agree that Mewtwo's is overall better, but once Lucario gets enough aura going, Aura Sphere turns into a deadly camping tool to help preserve his Aura.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Okay guys, I'm not sure if everyone here pays attention to ZeRo's videos on YouTube, but on his recent Marth analysis video, I had made a comment asking for what he thinks about post-patch Mewtwo, since he said that pre-patch was awful, but of course we all know Mewtwo's so, so much better now.
My comment's already gotten about 112 likes! But... it's also gotten an extremely negative amount of comments, being almost at 62 with it just being one big debate on whether Mewtwo has gotten out of low-tier now. It's been namely me and one other defending him, but people just won't listen to what I'm saying and are downright dismissing his strengths simply because of his flaws.
I read the comments in the video, and man did people pile up on Mewtwo there. I think some people are just way too dismissive of the character. I thought it was funny how one guy said that Shadow Ball is a 'meh' projectile... :facepalm: Shadow Ball is excellent.

I think that Mewtwo might be able to rest comfortably somewhere in the mid-tier. One thing that really helps is that he has actual killing options. His forward air is just... godlike, from the results I've gotten combo-ing into it and getting kills, at least. It kind of reminds me of Peach's beastly fair, albeit faster.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I read the comments in the video, and man did people pile up on Mewtwo there. I think some people are just way too dismissive of the character. I thought it was funny how one guy said that Shadow Ball is a 'meh' projectile... :facepalm: Shadow Ball is excellent.

I think that Mewtwo might be able to rest comfortably somewhere in the mid-tier. One thing that really helps is that he has actual killing options. His forward air is just... godlike, from the results I've gotten combo-ing into it and getting kills, at least. It kind of reminds me of Peach's beastly fair, albeit faster.
Mewtwo's fair is better than Peach's in my opinion. They're both super good, but I think Mewtwo's forward air has a few more advantages over Peach's.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I think Lucario is not bad for a Mewtwo clone :yeahboi:
I do think that a high Mewtwo play surpass a high Lucario play, which is very limited as far as I'm concerned.
With Mewtwo you have a projectile, a reflector, many fast disjointed moves for spacing and a top 3 recovery in the game....
You take 3 of those out and add a stupid mechanic and you have Lucario.

I lost. Really really badly. To a King Dedede- a matchup entirely in Mewtwo's favor. I felt horrible and wanted to quit Smash, but quickly realized that I don't know squat about Wii U. I'm a 2DS player, and so I used 2DS as my remote.
So I find myself very far behind on the competitive scene, with no more desire to get better. I shall be putting my Sm4sh efforts in another direction, something more up my alley- something more creative like technique development and content creation.
But I will play Mewtwo and Greninja as "mains" now with no worry about matchups or winning, just pulling off ridiculousness with my two favorite mid-tiers and beyond.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I lost. Really really badly. To a King Dedede- a matchup entirely in Mewtwo's favor. I felt horrible and wanted to quit Smash, but quickly realized that I don't know squat about Wii U. I'm a 2DS player, and so I used 2DS as my remote.
So I find myself very far behind on the competitive scene, with no more desire to get better. I shall be putting my Sm4sh efforts in another direction, something more up my alley- something more creative like technique development and content creation.
But I will play Mewtwo and Greninja as "mains" now with no worry about matchups or winning, just pulling off ridiculousness with my two favorite mid-tiers and beyond.
Hey, man. I encourage you to do what you want. I wish you good luck in the future, and I hope you still will have lots of fun.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
...and a top 3 recovery in the game....
What do you think are the other 2, just out of curiosity?

I also have a question for all my fellow Mewtwo mains here who love Mewtwo's playstyle and all: What are a couple of other characters whose playstyle specifically you find to be really, really fun (or the funnest)?

Having played both versions of Smash for so long, I've had plenty of time to try every character multiple times and get a feel for which ones give me the most satisfaction to move around, attack with, combo with, etc.; Mewtwo is obviously at the top of my list alongside Lucina. But besides them, I love playing as Dr. Mario and Sonic.

Now, Sonic I love more in Smash than in many of his own games, which I find funny. He was my most hyped Brawl newcomer by far. It's a shame that he has this reputation around him today for being annoying to fight against. I love the Spin Dash move because it's just so fun to zip across a stage in his ball form! Sadly this move also seems to be hated, even though it can be out-prioritized by many moves and should be planned out in its used carefully, not spammed. I have also trended towards favoring faster characters throughout my time playing Smash, and Sonic is the fastest of all of them, which I enjoy. His fair is satisfying to chain together, though maybe not quite as satisfying as Falco's. His back air is good too even though it has suffered nerfs. I love the animation on his down throw (again, a sucker for the Spin Dash). The Spring has awesome vertical recovery while still providing some wiggle room to move horizontally, unlike Ike's Aether. I secondaried Sonic in Brawl, and he has been an on-again off-again Main in Smash 4. I find him more enjoyable to play now that he can KO better.

Dr. Mario, on the other hand, is slow. It's curious that I would favor him over Mario, as I realllly like to have good mobility with my characters, and he suffers in his mobility, speed, and recovery. I still like to use him despite these shortcoming. He has the Doc Tornado, which I like better than FLUDD (though I don't hate FLUDD). He has a much better shorthop (and I like my shorthopping), and I find his powerful moves (UpSmash, Bair, etc.) extremely satisfying to land. He has a cool electricity effect on his fsmash too. Stylistically I find him more appealing than Mario, I like his look better. Megavitamins can't be absorbed by energy eaters and have that awesome sound effect when they hit. They also make for some funny gimps every once in a while. Though I wish that Dr. Mario had received more buffs in the end, I am also oddly compelled towards him BECAUSE of his bad reputation and weaknesses. I want to win with him despite all of his shortcomings. He's my favorite 'underdog' in Smash 4.

Browny

Smash Hater
I've played against a few DDD mains lately and I don't feel its in Mewtwos favour. If the DDD constantly does the high angle gordos you cant easily reflect it at all, Mewtwo isnt short enough to just run underneath them and its completely changed my opinion on the matchup. Even at worst.

People on youtube are mad about losing to a Mewtwo on for glory, as per usual. Remember, there were people who thought jigglypuff was awful in melee because she was light and her down b didnt even hit enemies. People thought that Olimar was bad in brawl because his recovery could be gimped. A new wave of stupidity has reared its head in smash 4 with people who think that Mewtwo is bad because he is light weight and that Bowser is slow and bad (as usual). They're all wrong, and will forever be bad at video games because they lack any cognitive ability. Pity them.

I feel like Lucario excels against people who fall into his pressure and the japanese playstyle, the same way how it favours Mewtwo, also favours Lucario. Giving Lucario a chance to charge his AS gives him so many pressure mixups where a more aggressive playstyle prevents it. I think that overall Mewtwo is a better character because there is simply more depths to his defensive and aggressive playstyle with far more mixups and it doesnt rely on the enemy making mistakes, Mewtwo can force mistakes with massive shield damage and his dash attack.

Last edited:

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
people who think that Mewtwo is bad because he is light weight
I've lived to some percents that surprised me sometimes. Still, yes it is one of his greatest flaws (IS his greatest flaw even?), but not so much that it totally shatters his viability and condemns him to low tier now and forever. His light weight does not OUTWEIGH :shades::bluejump::colorful::awesome::rotfl: his strengths.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think Lucario is not bad for a Mewtwo clone :yeahboi:
I do think that a high Mewtwo play surpass a high Lucario play, which is very limited as far as I'm concerned.
With Mewtwo you have a projectile, a reflector, many fast disjointed moves for spacing and a top 3 recovery in the game....
You take 3 of those out and add a stupid mechanic and you have Lucario.
I know you know better than to think that Lucario is a clone, but had I not known you(and had you not used that smilie), I may have fallen for it.
Mewtwo and Lucario are very different. Don't just dismiss Lucario as "a Mewtwo with less tools".

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
If we're legit better than Lucario... then, dang. That feels great after being cut out in Brawl, and having him in, and then Smash 4 comes, and he was still more viable than us.

Maybe not anymore, eh?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Lucario is very different from Mewtwo. The two actually play very differently, since the best tools both characters have are actually quite different.

Both have charging projectiles that kill, it's true, but Lucario has more uses for his neutral B, which are: jump cancel it into a smash attack using hitstun of charging hitbox; pressure shields with charging hitbox. Reeeeeeeeeeally makes you wish they gave us that charging hitbox back, huh?

Both characters have command grabs, but they funtion very differently. Mewtwo has consistency with Confusion; Lucario's Force Palm only becomes strong when Lucario has aura. Confusion can grab in the air, reflect projectiles, and reverse momentum and act as a third jump; Force Palm can have twice the range and can kill at point-blank.

Lucario mostly uses throws to combo. Mewtwo uses throws for everything but combos.

Lucario is a bit slow and a bit heavy. Mewtwo is fast and light.

Their recoveries, their down Bs, pummels, how their aerials are utilized, and their smash attacks are all vastly different. Due to Mewtwo's weight and Lucario's aura, both characters use completely different strategies for killing and playing when at low percents. Lucario only becomes defensive when its aura is high, but Mewtwo becomes highly aggressive when it gets a punish.

Now, which is truly better? Hard for me to say. I think both are probably pretty close to each other in potential. Lucario has a history of illustrious results in Japan, while Mewtwo is slowly making some big waves. In time, who can say?

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
His smash attacks are what's really laggy. Okay, sure, he can't combo very well at high percents, so he struggles to deal out damage, but his strengths make up for that.
His recovery takes practice, but it's not that hard to control once you get it down.
If you land on the stage correctly, he'll fly across the stage for a little bit and then land on his feet. Alternatively, you could just ledge snap.
I am aware that you can learn to control it as I have. Every now and then you can be the slightest bit off in turning tho and either miss the ledge and fall to your doom or land on the stage and catch a smash attack. There is an issue with going to the ledge too on some stages. If you hit the side of the stage (even if it is directly below the ledge) you go into some crash animation and fall to your death.

Even at low percents I find it hard to combo with Lucario. The only combo I've done is the Skywalker (I made up the name don't judge me lmao) where you do a down throw(?) and can get up to three fairs off. The combo is super satisfying to land but it can only be done at the very start of the match usually.

EDIT: My original point was that Lucario is not that much higher (if at all) than Mewtwo tier wise despite what the BR's "official" tier list says.

Last edited:
Looking back, there was like no chance for me to get any results. The final bracket results are pretty unbelievable. I can't catch up to that level of gameplay anytime soon, so no more regionals for me. Locals I'll go to from time to time for fun since they're cheaper.

Some key factors in playing Mewtwo at the regional level (I did win my fair share of friendlies, so I wasn't winless)
  • Weight is only a true disadvantage in doubles, when high damage wombo combos are top priority
  • Shadow ball is a good spacer, but it's pretty laggy and very unsafe on shield
  • Grabs are top priority, always go for grabs when you can, but never use down throw
  • Know your bad matchups, and BE PREPARED FOR THEM
  • Don't judge a player by their character- every player's strategy is unique to them

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Some key factors in playing Mewtwo at the regional level (I did win my fair share of friendlies, so I wasn't winless)
  • Know your bad matchups, and BE PREPARED FOR THEM
  • Don't judge a player by their character- every player's strategy is unique to them
These two I can definitely agree to.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
What do you think are the other 2, just out of curiosity?
One of them has two specials that cover a great distance each, the other has three. Sheik and ZSS.
I know you know better than to think that Lucario is a clone, but had I not known you(and had you not used that smilie), I may have fallen for it.
Mewtwo and Lucario are very different. Don't just dismiss Lucario as "a Mewtwo with less tools".
I didn't mean to say he was a "Mewtwo".... just that he has less tools. The point was that he is much more limited than Mewtwo, has much less options, and is just not as viable as Mewtwo.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I've played against a few DDD mains lately and I don't feel its in Mewtwos favour. If the DDD constantly does the high angle gordos you cant easily reflect it at all, Mewtwo isnt short enough to just run underneath them and its completely changed my opinion on the matchup. Even at worst.
I actually agree with this and struggle versus good Dededes (which is pretty much all of them lately since he's not noob friendly). While it's not unwinnable in the slightest, it's tough to challenge Dedede sometimes if they know how to wall you out. Up air is also exceptionally dangerous and you should never be above Dedede. For the flaws he has, this move is incredible.

Do not underestimate any match up no matter how low a character is on the tier list.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The point was that [Lucario] is much more limited than Mewtwo, has much less options, and is just not as viable as Mewtwo.
"Much less options" is factually false. I broke down how Mewtwo and Lucario both have at least equal number of viable options.

"Much more limited" is subjective. In what way? Kill moves? Combos? Utility? Adaptability? Defensive options? I might agree to some but disagree to others.

"Lucario is not as viable as Mewtwo" is just silly. There are fewer Lucario players, but the ones that exist have gotten comparable results to Mewtwo players. Don't forget that Lucario got a much-needed mobility and speed buff in 1.1.3, even if it was not as dramatic as Mewtwo's change. Why does this matter? Pre-1.1.3, Mewtwo didn't win anything, but Lucario was doing okay to good. Now both are better than before. It's Mewtwo that has to prove he is better than Lucario, not the other way around.

Look, I was mad as hell at Lucario for getting picked over Mewtwo in Brawl. I hated that damn blue dog for years. But you know what? None of that matters anymore. They gave us Mewtwo back, and he's better than ever. There's nothing wrong with Lucario being in the game, and even if Lucario was better, I wouldn't care too much.

If you're not holding a grudge and you genuinely just think Lucario is ****, well... you're wrong.

Last edited:

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
So I got Premium after thinking about it. Got the one month option, and if I stick with the site still after Smash hype dies down, I'll upgrade to the year option.

I certainly don't miss the red banner.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So I got Premium after thinking about it. Got the one month option, and if I stick with the site still after Smash hype dies down, I'll upgrade to the year option.

I certainly don't miss the red banner.
LRod sounds like a character or place from the Lord of the Rings. I like it.

Last edited:

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
LRod sounds like a character or place from the Lord of the Rings. I like it.
Thanks, it's actually my new username on most websites. It's just a shortened version of LightningrodC since I don't like typing it out and it's easier to say. I'd change my NNID to that too if I could.

I came up with it when I was about 12 years old. I wanted something cool sounding and thought that the Pokemon ability, Lightning Rod (not spaced at the time), was pretty cool sounding. It just kind of stuck after all this time.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Thanks, it's actually my new username on most websites. It's just a shortened version of LightningrodC since I don't like typing it out and it's easier to say. I'd change my NNID to that too if I could.

I came up with it when I was about 12 years old. I wanted something cool sounding and thought that the Pokemon ability, Lightning Rod (not spaced at the time), was pretty cool sounding. It just kind of stuck after all this time.
It's always interesting how people pick their pseudonyms. It's even more interesting when you stop to ask yourself, "why do we have pseudonyms at all?" Nowadays it's commonplace as a means of protecting one's identity. When I picked mine, I had no idea the entire world was soon to follow suit at the advent of the internet.

I think I came up with "Aninymouse" before I even knew what the internet was, in 1997 or so.

Long before that, PBS used to have a show called Ghost Writer. There was a miniseries based on a computer hacker named "Mouse." I liked the idea of an anonymous person with cool abilities. Then there was the mysterious hacker "Mouse" in Reboot. An ancient issue of GamePro magazine featured a fake ransom note (for an opossum) signed by "Aninymouse." All of these fake personalities were sneaky and mysterious.

By 1998 I was getting bullied in school again, and I hated my life. I wanted to hide away and escape. I wanted people to forget I existed so they would leave me alone. I started daydreaming about being someone else, because being "Adam" was too horrible. I liked "ANinyMouse," and I tried to make it stand for something: anonymous ninny mouse; a person who was stupid (as I was told I was), but an expert in stealth and concealing my true feelings and identity. It became a coping mechanism and I adopted it as my pseudonym. I'd make up stories and Aninymouse would be the main character. I was using a pseudonym to protect my real world identity, not my online one.

Nowadays I don't see "Aninymouse" as a coping mechanism anymore. Now it's just my "pen name" for fun stuff. After 19 years or so, it's just become who I see myself as.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Can't really give any input on the Lucario/Mewtwo debate since I know far too little to give much insight..

As for characters outside of Mewtwo I like to use, I may have given the list here before but just in case I haven't: :4cloud2::4darkpit:/:4pit::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4pikachu::4rob::4robinf:

If I were to rank them in terms of fun it'd probably go something like: :4robinf::4cloud2::4ganondorf::4darkpit::4pikachu::4mewtwo::4pit::4rob::4myfriends:. Too many characters to give in-depth reasons why without making this post absurdly long (which may happen anyways.)

Krysco Pew comes from two names: Krysco and Pew. Krysco is a combination of Krystal from Starfox and Coco Bandicoot from Crash Bandicoot. Was combining the names of characters I like and Krysco sounded like an ice cream so I went with it. PEW was simply an acronym for Princess Electric Wolf which was a name I used on AiB years ago when my mains were :wolf::pikachu2::zelda:. Tried to stray away from that name due to not using Zelda anymore and altogether wanting a name not related to Smash and to avoid any confusion regarding my gender. Too many people I got close to got used to the name Pew however so it sticks with me now. Plus I feel cute being called Pewpew~

Before all of that, I went by the name ASDL (I always pronounced it as As-dull but others would say A-es-dee-el and others would pronounce it ***-dull) which stood for Arch Sage Dragonlord. Yay for being an FE nerd!

TL;DR fun character heads are up there and Krysco Pew came from name combinations and Brawl mains at a time.

Edit: I love typing faster than my mind can comprehend my sentences. '...which was a name ON used on...'

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For anybody having trouble vs Dedede, just pick a stage like FD or Smashville and play super lame and defensive. Dedede can't do much and has nothing to challenge Mewtwo, especially Shadow Ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
For anybody having trouble vs Dedede, just pick a stage like FD or Smashville and play super lame and defensive. Dedede can't do much and has nothing to challenge Mewtwo, especially Shadow Ball.
I always have trouble with Dedede, he is my Achilles' heel - the character I probably struggle with or get stumped by the most. I don't know what it is exactly that always throws me off, but my inability to deal with his attacks plus his great power can make fighting him an uphill battle many times in my case. One good solid blow from Dedede has given him the win after I had built him up to really high percents on numerous occasions.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
I always have trouble with Dedede, he is my Achilles' heel - the character I probably struggle with or get stumped by the most. I don't know what it is exactly that always throws me off, but my inability to deal with his attacks plus his great power can make fighting him an uphill battle many times in my case. One good solid blow from Dedede has given him the win after I had built him up to really high percents on numerous occasions.
I either absolutely destroy him, or get absolutely destroyed. I'm inconsistent like that against a lot of characters.

I play a lot more Pokemon and DDR than Smash... and I was on Smogon and Zenius for 2 years before here. So, it's The Legendary (for Pokemon) and DJXYZ (like DJ Taka and the rest of the BEMANI artists). My first music artist pseudonym was separated, as
DJ XYZ, but it eventually mashed into one word (di-jik-zis, spelled DJXYZ). Pretty plain origin story, if I do say so myself.

Actually, ZephyrZ ZephyrZ , I've been considering changing my username as well. Changes I might be making in the foreseeable future would be removing "The Legendary" or changing it completely to something like Rayquaza640. No idea what the future holds, though.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My username is just the fusion of my first name and last name. I've been using it forever. I think it sounds stupid these days, and people often get it wrong(namely by calling me "Zachman"), but I still stick with it mostly for identification purposes. There have been a few times where it's helped people identify me on different forums.

My NNID, "AbsolBlade", was something I thought up in a few minutes because "Zachmac" was taken already. I just thought "I like absol and I like swords, so why not fuse the two"? But now I think it's kind of a silly sounding name as well.

If I ever go to a tourney, I think I'll set something else as my gamertag. Going by the absol theme, "Night Slash" seems kind of cool. But it's also kind of uncreative, and I'll want something unique, so...*shrugs*.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Night Slash sounds pretty cool to me.

I like usernames that actually sound like a name. Like Dabuz, Nairo, etc.

In a book I read there was a horridly boring character but he had a really cool name. So I stole it either because I am as drab as the actual character or because I want the name to be represnted by something cool.

Either way most people just call me "Mur."

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I think we all know how I got my pseudonym. I came up with it back when I first played Mewtwo in Melee, since I really liked the way Mewtwo's U-Throw looked, and also because it was one of his primary kill options in that game. Afterwards, it just sorta stuck, even though I didn't main Mewtwo in Brawl, nor did I main him during Smash 4's early days. I feel like my pseudonym's origin story is pretty obvious, but I figured I would share, anyway.

Outside of Mewtwo, my two favorite characters to use are Corrin and Dr. Mario, followed by Lucina and Ganondorf. I only use the latter two in casual matches, however. Corrin is my secondary-in-training, and I occasionally pull out Dr. Mario in serious matches if I'm having a particularly tough time against an opponent. I can't pinpoint exactly what I like about Lucina, but she's just really fun to play as, and Laura Bailey being a great voice actress certainly doesn't hurt anything. Ganondorf is fun for no other reason than because he packs so much power. I find Dr. Mario more fun to use than Mario because I prefer the former's stats, and also because Dr. Tornado is better than F.L.U.D.D., in my opinion. It's fun to trap opponents in all of Dr. Tornado's hits before watching them fly off, and it's also very helpful when recovering.

As for Corrin, I think she's just super-refreshing. Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Ganondorf are all rather standard when it comes to their movesets, but Corrin uses relativity unique attacks, so she's very fun to play as. I especially like Dragon Fang Shot and Dragon Lunge.

Speaking of your name, Murlough Murlough , how do you say it? Is it "Mur-loff", "Mur-luff", "Mur-low", "Mur-law", "Mur-loo", or something else entirely? "Ough" and pronunciation don't really get along. There's, like, 10 different ways to pronounce "ough". It's pretty crazy.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I think we all know how I got my pseudonym. I came up with it back when I first played Mewtwo in Melee, since I really liked the way Mewtwo's U-Throw looked, and also because it was one of his primary kill options in that game. Afterwards, it just sorta stuck, even though I didn't main Mewtwo in Brawl, nor did I main him during Smash 4's early days. I feel like my pseudonym's origin story is pretty obvious, but I figured I would share, anyway.

Outside of Mewtwo, my two favorite characters to use are Corrin and Dr. Mario, followed by Lucina and Ganondorf. I only use the latter two in casual matches, however. Corrin is my secondary-in-training, and I occasionally pull out Dr. Mario in serious matches if I'm having a particularly tough time against an opponent. I can't pinpoint exactly what I like about Lucina, but she's just really fun to play as, and Laura Bailey being a great voice actress certainly doesn't hurt anything. Ganondorf is fun for no other reason than because he packs so much power. I find Dr. Mario more fun to use than Mario because I prefer the former's stats, and also because Dr. Tornado is better than F.L.U.D.D., in my opinion. It's fun to trap opponents in all of Dr. Tornado's hits before watching them fly off, and it's also very helpful when recovering.

As for Corrin, I think she's just super-refreshing. Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Ganondorf are all rather standard when it comes to their movesets, but Corrin uses relativity unique attacks, so she's very fun to play as. I especially like Dragon Fang Shot and Dragon Lunge.

Speaking of your name, Murlough Murlough , how do you say it? Is it "Mur-loff", "Mur-luff", "Mur-low", "Mur-law", "Mur-loo", or something else entirely? "Ough" and pronunciation don't really get along. There's, like, 10 different ways to pronounce "ough". It's pretty crazy.
I pronounce it "Mur-low" personally. In the book I took the name from it may have been pronounced differently but thats always how I read it. The series was "Cirque Du Freak" if anyone was curious.

I like Corrin alot but I can't play a character that everyone else seems to play. I was hype originally for her because I dug her design and everyone seemed to hate her so the hipster in me was happy. Now I simply can't play her. No idea why I feel this way but its whatever.

I may watch a few vids of Kamicario and give the Fighting/Steel type a second go as a co-main. I love the Aura Charging shenanigans.

My problem as a competitive player (besides not having someone to really challenge me at the college) is that I find so many characters interesting and fun but I simply can't play them and Mewtwo with success. Megaman, Pac-man, Toon Link, Zelda (If her aerials weren't so laggy and her side B didn't put her in free fall I'd dual-main her anyway), etc.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I pronounce it "Mur-low" personally. In the book I took the name from it may have been pronounced differently but thats always how I read it. The series was "Cirque Du Freak" if anyone was curious.

I like Corrin alot but I can't play a character that everyone else seems to play. I was hype originally for her because I dug her design and everyone seemed to hate her so the hipster in me was happy. Now I simply can't play her. No idea why I feel this way but its whatever.

I may watch a few vids of Kamicario and give the Fighting/Steel type a second go as a co-main. I love the Aura Charging shenanigans.

My problem as a competitive player (besides not having someone to really challenge me at the college) is that I find so many characters interesting and fun but I simply can't play them and Mewtwo with success. Megaman, Pac-man, Toon Link, Zelda (If her aerials weren't so laggy and her side B didn't put her in free fall I'd dual-main her anyway), etc.
Personally, I don't like Corrin either. She just... I don't know. Doesn't fit into my hands well at all.

For someone who autopilots as much as I do, :4corrin: is not a good choice. I choose characters that will break me out of my bad habit of autopiloting, like :4gaw: and :4greninja:, where alertness is key. Partially why I picked up :4palutena: as my last resort, since her weird timing is perfect for keeping me focused.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
For someone who autopilots as much as I do, :4corrin: is not a good choice. I choose characters that will break me out of my bad habit of autopiloting, like :4gaw: and :4greninja:, where alertness is key. Partially why I picked up :4palutena: as my last resort, since her weird timing is perfect for keeping me focused.
You sure as hell can't go on autopilot playing :4gaw:, that's for sure. The poor little guy. As a Mewtwo main, I think I understand some of his pain.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hello, I got 2 questions

1. why is this social thread for mewtwo called, "Spoon Sword"
2. Would you replace Mewtwo with a Call of Duty Soilder

of course i'll say no

what do you guys think

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Hello, I got 2 questions

1. why is this social thread for mewtwo called, "Spoon Sword"
2. Would you replace Mewtwo with a Call of Duty Soilder

of course i'll say no

what do you guys think
1. He has a giant spoon as a weapon in the Pokémon Adventures manga. Think 'keyblade', but a big 'spoon' instead of a key. The spoon is a symbol associated with psychic ability, referencing the power to bend spoons with one's mind.
2. Trololol

Top Bottom