• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
That's me guys, and I'm very much a dude. :laugh:

Also the "egg" thing is just an inside joke from one of most close friends. He commented it and then everyone followed suit.
I had a feeling you may be a guy, but I went along with it because of what Murlough Murlough had said. Sorry!

Also... it's INFURIATING trying to reason with Mewtwo protesters on YouTube.

'Oh, Mewtwo is not viable you should seriously pick a new character.'
'Mewtwo is bad, he is combo food and gets KO'ed because he's too light, that makes him hard to play competitively.'

Oh, shut up.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I had a feeling you may be a guy, but I went along with it because of what Murlough Murlough had said. Sorry!

'Mewtwo is bad, he is combo food and gets KO'ed because he's too light, that makes him hard to play competitively.'

Oh, shut up.
Did I say she? I can't find it. My bad Smashifer Smashifer !

To Metros, yeah just spare your sanity. You can't argue with a bunch of bricks. Youtube commenters believe what is most commonly accepted and REFUSE to think of other possibilities. The very idea that they could be wrong never crosses their minds. :mad088:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Someone point these people towards P2P with Gibus and Mew-Squared (i dunno how to reproduce the actual squared symbol) and then see what they say.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647

Oh, shut up.
E x a c t l y
Actually, earlier today I was on For Glory playing as Dedede (I want to learn the character, he seems fun) and I lost to some guy playing as Falcon (oooh big surprise I know, it's For Glory) and I lost, but only barely. This dude has the audacity to say stuff like "U SUCK" and the usual jazz. I swap to Mewtwo and 2-stock him and I only took 43%. He then proceeds to say "URSTILL BAD" and "PLAYREAL CHARACTERS" and then leaves.

...I don't think I've laughed that hard in my entire time of playing Smash.

D

Deleted member

I went to my weeklies on Saturday and people seemed to really like my Mewtwo in friendlies. I'm definitely taking him out in bracket next time. The best R.O.B. in Central Florida will earn his comeuppance. :4mewtwo:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I went to my weeklies on Saturday and people seemed to really like my Mewtwo in friendlies. I'm definitely taking him out in bracket next time. The best R.O.B. in Central Florida will earn his comeuppance. :4mewtwo:
R.O.B.'s tough if you're not used to his match up. I got knocked out by one in the last local tournament I went to back when I used to main Mega Man.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
E x a c t l y
Actually, earlier today I was on For Glory playing as Dedede (I want to learn the character, he seems fun) and I lost to some guy playing as Falcon (oooh big surprise I know, it's For Glory) and I lost, but only barely. This dude has the audacity to say stuff like "U SUCK" and the usual jazz. I swap to Mewtwo and 2-stock him and I only took 43%. He then proceeds to say "URSTILL BAD" and "PLAYREAL CHARACTERS" and then leaves.

...I don't think I've laughed that hard in my entire time of playing Smash.
I had somebody tell me 'JUST LEAVE' once. I stopped playing FG after that. The sheer arrogance of some people. He was playing DK and I was Mewtwo, but I had really bad lag.

I saw your comments in the other video you suggested to ZeRo to do a Mewtwo video... I have to congratulate you for holding up against the stupidity as long as you did. :grin:

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Beating people with mewtwo is especially fun because:

1) People still think he''s bad
2) Mewtwo has that amazing laugh
3) That looking-over-the-shoulder-cuz-im-just-that-cool victory animation is perfect

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
In both of the areas I play at I don't get much flak for playing Mewtwo.

Here at college no one can really say anything since I'm the best here. (Not bragging or trying to sound cocky. Its just how it is.)

At my scene in Tennessee I'm on the lower tier of players, but alot of them say that I'm pretty solid for someone who doesn't get alot of real matches.

They gave me some flak at first and I was told I should just go Pac-man instead since I wasn't bad with him either. Then, when I beat them in tournament, they stopped.

Sooner or later the Mewtwo bashing will cease.:150:

Last edited:

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I always laugh when people say that Mewtwo is slow in Smash. Whenever anyone says that, they always lose credibility. Maybe that was somewhat the case in Melee, but now? Hell no. He's not slow in any sense of the word. He wasn't even slow before the speed buff either, unless you consider WFT to be a slow character.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I never understand people accusing Mewtwo of being combo fodder. With his light weight and awesome air jump and air dodge, I have a really easy time getting out of combos.

Or maybe co-maining Charizard just messes with my perspective, since he's the definition of combo fodder.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I never understand people accusing Mewtwo of being combo fodder. With his light weight and awesome air jump and air dodge, I have a really easy time getting out of combos.

Or maybe co-maining Charizard just messes with my perspective, since he's the definition of combo fodder.
How is his match-up with Game and Watch? I'm considering co-maining him but I'm afraid my choices both get destroyed by him.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
How is his match-up with Game and Watch? I'm considering co-maining him but I'm afraid my choices both get destroyed by him.
I need to fight more good Mr.G&Ws to really say, and I'm not the best at Smash yet so I struggle to figure out match ups in general, but but I can tell you this if it'll help: Zard's specialty is juggling. If he can get you in the air, he's got the advantage. He's got a lot of juggling great options; Nair, Up Smash, Dash Attack...you can even take advantage of his short skid to suddenly stop and let out a jab. My experience with G&Ws has generally been good, since I have an easy time catching their air dodges and rolls; but I haven't fought many skilled G&Ws, so the people I've been fighting may of been doing something wrong.

...I wouldn't recommend Charizard either way if you're really serious about having a good secondary. He's definitely very different from Mewtwo, but I wouldn't say he differs enough in play style to really help him with all his bad match ups. Charizard can't rush down; he has to figure out how to get his opponent in a bad position first. The only reason I use him alongside Mewtwo is because I'm a character loyalist, not because I picked my mains strategically. Heck, half the fights I use Zard in, I feel like I'd be better off using Mewtwo; I just use him anyway because I don't want him to be overshadowed too much.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I need to fight more good Mr.G&Ws to really say, and I'm not the best at Smash yet so I struggle to figure out match ups in general, but but I can tell you this if it'll help: Zard's specialty is juggling. If he can get you in the air, he's got the advantage. He's got a lot of juggling great options; Nair, Up Smash, Dash Attack...you can even take advantage of his short skid to suddenly stop and let out a jab. My experience with G&Ws has generally been good, since I have an easy time catching their air dodges and rolls; but I haven't fought many skilled G&Ws, so the people I've been fighting may of been doing something wrong.

...I wouldn't recommend Charizard either way if you're really serious about having a good secondary. He's definitely very different from Mewtwo, but I wouldn't say he differs enough in play style to really help him with all his bad match ups. Charizard can't rush down; he has to figure out how to get his opponent in a bad position first. The only reason I use him alongside Mewtwo is because I'm a character loyalist, not because I picked my mains strategically. Heck, half the fights I use Zard in, I feel like I'd be better off using Mewtwo; I just use him anyway because I don't want him to be overshadowed too much.
Gotcha. I'm not exactly out to be the best Smash player. I'm trying to have fun above all else. So I choose my characters based off whether I enjoy them or not rather than so I can have the best combination. If all I cared about was winning I would pick Sheik and call it a day.

I appreciate the tips though. I really struggle against Game and Watch. No idea why.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

I'm going to say I'm a character loyalist too. I don't pick my mains strategically. :|

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If I wasn't a loyalist, I probably would of picked Zero Suit and stuck to her. He's the only high tier who's play style I think really speaks to me. She can harass people in neutral than use her awesome aerial mobility to chase after them when they're in a bad spot. Kind of a lot like Mewtwo, actually. It's an awesome coincidence that Mewtwo matches my preferred play style so much. I would of mained him anyway, but it really helps that the way he plays just clicks with me so much.

Charizard, on the other hand...well, he doesn't really come to me that naturally. But when I do well with him, I get a sort of satisfaction that I don't get with any other character. Juggling with him just feels so good.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Are you kidding?

I agree with their decision. Charizard had no chance. Pokemon are meant to be lovable creatures that live with people and battle for fun. Digimon are created and fight to survive. Digimon kill. At the end of the day pokemon can always go to a pokemon center (except due to sickness or something) and all is well in the world. In the Digi world the other mons are out to kill you.

Metal-Greymon would have been enough to be honest. I like and support Death Battle. It does hit me in the feels for some reason whenever I watch that specific video. I'm not even a huge Charizard fan but when I see him and Red take on Greymon and Tai I just get all giddy and ****.

Also "Call off your dragon!" Tai says as he hits Red in the face and carelessly murders him and his partner for literally no reason, with no remorse either. Its Death Battle I know but **** you Tai.
I'm aware of how the video went, Murlough. I've read a synopsis on /vp/ before. I guess my point was, "if you think Death Battles are ****, why do you watch them? " But clearly you're not opposed to them.

I'm opposed to them. I think they are garbage. My opinion on this will never change.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm aware of how the video went, Murlough. I've read a synopsis on /vp/ before. I guess my point was, "if you think Death Battles are ****, why do you watch them? " But clearly you're not opposed to them.

I'm opposed to them. I think they are garbage. My opinion on this will never change.
Thats fine. I just wasn't sure if you were joking.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Thats fine. I just wasn't sure if you were joking.
The internet makes sarcasm detection pretty difficult. No worries, mate.

That's why, as a general rule, I try to avoid sarcasm while online at all costs. It just doesn't go over well. Besides, I tend to find a lot more pleasure in being open and honest.

How active is the M2 boards compared to the others? I find myself hanging out here more, despite being the mod of the Luigi boards. Things got quiet over there after the bagwagoners left...

Current. Smash 4 never had current plans either with dlc. They might just wait, play out the trends, most companies with dlc don't announce they are making it until after release. That way, fans don't complain that "oh they could have put it in the main game those greedy producers!"
I think the Mewtwo board has one of the more active character social threads, at least. Dunno about our competitive discussion. We at least try, there. A lot of characters just have zero competitive discussion because a lot of skilled players have a negative stigma against this website. I have my own reasons why I dislike Smashboards... but usually, if I stay off the front page news and stay away from the general Wii U discussion board, it's a fine and dandy time, here. I dunno why other people might dislike it here. I suppose to some, typing stuff out online is not their preferred method of conversing and learning, and I can respect that. Only a certain kind of person gets satisfaction from posting and participating, here.

Also, I agree that Pokken DLC may be a thing in the future. Honestly, I would not mind at all if there was no DLC. The game is gorgeous, it looks fun to play, it's fun to watch, and Mewtwo's already in game, so I personally don't desire much of anything else. My Wii U's broken and I'm living out of my car, anyway, so I won't be able to play Pokken for a really long time, if ever.

DLC is good for prolonging interest in a game, though, so for that reason alone (pulling in casual/new competitive interest) I would be OK with Pokken DLC.

______

So I tried and I tried to get that tier list app to work at the library. No dice. Internet Explorer just won't let me save the final image, no matter what. So... I'll just do it the old-fashioned way.

Main: :4mewtwo:
Seconds: :4myfriends::4dk:
I try to use seriously on occasion: :4marth::4lucina::4feroy::4corrin::rosalina:
I like playing but cannot use seriously: :4charizard::4drmario::4mario::4falcon::4littlemac::4robinm::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4sheik::4gaw::4dedede::4metaknight::4lucario::4pikachu::4cloud::4wiifit::4fox::4falco::4bowserjr::4miigun::4duckhunt::4bowser::4zss::4tlink::4ness:
Like but incompetent with: :4ryu::4greninja::4palutena::4pit::4darkpit::4diddy::4megaman::4kirby::4peach::4samus::4luigi::4jigglypuff::4wario::4miibrawl::4miisword:
I dislike playing: :4pacman::4shulk::4rob::4villager::4olimar::4sonic:
Dislike in general: :4yoshi::4lucas:
I do not even own: :4bayonetta2:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've used almost everyone in "Meh" at least once. Not that I find them completely boring, but I don't enjoy them as much as Mewtwo and Sheik.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

Out of curiousity, why do you hate them so much?

Don't worry I have no intention of making this a debate and I won't try to change your mind. You can PM your response if you want.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater

upload_2016-2-17_11-48-31.png

I like to think I play a lot of the cast, then I remember theres FIFTY EIGHT of them and that I probably have 1 hour combined playtime on 32 characters lol.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Out of curiousity, why do you hate them so much?

Don't worry I have no intention of making this a debate and I won't try to change your mind. You can PM your response if you want.
I detest graphic violence.

In games like Smash, characters are being hurt by swords, guns, giant fists, etc., but they always look fine afterwards. It's like the Smash characters are made of an unbreakable substance. Despite being a fighting game with violence, it is less violent than even 50s or 60s cartoons because there is zero consequence for getting hit in the face by Cloud's giant blade that weighs over 200lbs, for instance.

Take a game like Mortal Kombat X. I have acquaintances of friends that play that game, and I've watched them play it several times. However, not one match goes by before I just lose interest and bury my face in my 3DS. People get their heads ripped off, blood is everywhere, bones broken... truly disgusting. Why should I feel good about doing anything like that to my opponent in a game? It's grotesque, sickening.

Another example. When I was maybe 14, I randomly walked into the room with my father watching Starship Troopers. Immediately, a giant bug swoops down and stabs a soldier in the chest several times and maybe even decapitates them, while another soldier looks on and screams. I just blurted out, "why the **** are you watching this ****?" I wanted to walk over and just put my fist through the TV. My father's response is irrelevant to this analogy...

I. ****ing. Hate. Cold-blooded murder. I will not stand for the glorification of it. If people watch movies like that, I leave. I just will not tolerate filling my mind with it. Almost nothing fills me with unbridled rage faster than graphic violence and murder being presented in a way for people to enjoy watching, as entertainment. Same with seeing, say, a video or depiction of violent injustice in the real world... the victimization of others... My desire to save people from being helplessly victimized just is too strong for me to control at times. I've told my sister many times, walking in the city at night, "if anyone attacked you, I would not hesitate to cut their head off." And I mean it.

I dunno. I only get this way when I get defensive, in the sight of that brutality. I dunno if I got ****ed up as a child or what, trauma? But... yeah. Just thinking about all of this and typing it out has got me riled up.

I worry about my sister a lot.

Edit: There's something about Screw Attack using a children's character and defacing them, eviscerating them, that wells up this rage within me.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735

In games like Smash, characters are being hurt by swords, guns, giant fists, etc., but they always look fine afterwards. It's like the Smash characters are made of an unbreakable substance. Despite being a fighting game with violence, it is less violent than even 50s or 60s cartoons because there is zero consequence for getting hit in the face by Cloud's giant blade that weighs over 200lbs, for instance.

Take a game like Mortal Kombat X. I have acquaintances of friends that play that game, and I've watched them play it several times. However, not one match goes by before I just lose interest and bury my face in my 3DS. People get their heads ripped off, blood is everywhere, bones broken... truly disgusting. Why should I feel good about doing anything like that to my opponent in a game? It's grotesque, sickening.

Another example. When I was maybe 14, I randomly walked into the room with my father watching Starship Troopers. Immediately, a giant bug swoops down and stabs a soldier in the chest several times and maybe even decapitates them, while another soldier looks on and screams. I just blurted out, "why the **** are you watching this ****?" I wanted to walk over and just put my fist through the TV. My father's response is irrelevant to this analogy...

I. ****ing. Hate. Cold-blooded murder. I will not stand for the glorification of it. If people watch movies like that, I leave. I just will not tolerate filling my mind with it. Almost nothing fills me with unbridled rage faster than graphic violence and murder being presented in a way for people to enjoy watching, as entertainment. Same with seeing, say, a video or depiction of violent injustice in the real world... the victimization of others... My desire to save people from being helplessly victimized just is too strong for me to control at times. I've told my sister many times, walking in the city at night, "if anyone attacked you, I would not hesitate to cut their head off." And I mean it.

I dunno. I only get this way when I get defensive, in the sight of that brutality. I dunno if I got ****ed up as a child or what, trauma? But... yeah. Just thinking about all of this and typing it out has got me riled up.

Edit: There's something about Screw Attack using a children's character and defacing them, eviscerating them, that wells up this rage within me.
I guess it's just some people's way of enjoyment. Gladly, I'm not that way.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Graphic violence is really gross. It just makes me sick. I don't have much more to say to that except...
This so much.
Gore is a thousand times worse when it happens to children characters, especially if they're ones like Pokemon who I grew up with. It robs them of the innocence that I feel is a huge part of their charm.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I guess it's just some people's way of enjoyment. Gladly, I'm not that way.
I understand that not everyone sees it the way I do.

I don't get angry at people for watching violent things per se, I just get angry at the videos themselves. I'm not mad at 7 or Murlough anyone else for watching a violent video, I'm mad at the video itself. I might become disappointed in people, but that's only people I actually intimately know. I don't think any less of you guys. I barely know any of you, so I remain open-minded and accepting. People like my father? Well I know them well enough. They ought to know better. They need to walk their talk, so to speak.

This is just my own personal hang-up.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I think everyone has their limit when it comes to this sort of thing.

I'm fine with Death Battle but Mortal Combat definately isn't my thing.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094

I can understand where your coming from. I hate how our society glorifies this trash and then scratch their heads when a crime that could have been easily prevented if it was kept under control. Its scary to think back when I was 12 and mindlessly wandering the internet and absorbing this crap, now I'm 16 and now 5 year olds can see what I've seen and more due to lack of parents that say "Hey i'm going to do my best to raise my child" and leave them alone with more free time then you have in a school week. Of course its only going to get worse so the only way to get back at this stuff is to be a responsible father (in the future of course too young lol) and do everything in my power to give my kids the awareness and tools available (like EVERY parent should do) to trive in this fallen world. If its bad now I don't want to even think on how its going to be when I get out of college, settle down and have a family.

On a lighter note hi i'm Laken64 and I'm getting and maining M2 this weekend I hope to meet and get along with all of you :D

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
That kind of stuff doesn't bother me personally. I personally think fictional violence is fine if it adds to the narrative or imagery that the particular media is trying to portray, but if it's overdone, it's too much, just like anything else. If it's done well, it's fine. It's not really something I think about too often.

Personally, I don't care for Mortal Kombat. I'm not disgusted by the violence or anything since I know it's not real, but I find it to be cheesy and overdone sometimes. And the gameplay isn't exactly anything to write home about either. The violence is kind of its identity.

Violent stuff doesn't particularly do anything for me one way or the other. It's a non-factor in my eyes.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
You know what's even worse? 12-13 year old kids watching it. It just irritates me. I saw a guy who was watching all the Mortal Kombat X fatalities.

It disgusts me.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Mmm, I have input to give but keep shooting myself down when making the post since I'm not pleased with my own wording so I'll just make this short and simple.

I'm fine with violence if it's fictional. Fine in the sense that it doesn't disgust me. Rarely do I get a feeling of pleasure from watching fictional violence. Thanks to Zachmac's post, I recall as a kid, I used to go on Newgrounds and typed in Pokemon and most of what I found was them getting brutally murdered and I wasn't a fan of it. Still not a fan to this day. I'm also not a fan of how violence and I'll even extend this to sex being such an easy and cheap cash grab since so many people like it flaunting around everywhere.

Look at the trailer for Fire Emblem Fates. There's a guy getting pelted with a ****load of arrows and cleavage galore. It's not necessary and unfortunate to see FE follow the route it's following.

Non-fictional acts are a whole nother story. We are all in control of our own actions, no matter how much fiction influences us. This goes for violence and any other heinous crime with the only real exceptions being ones caused through blackmail or self defense.

I too have a little sister who I'm protective of. Don't want her going through the hardships I have if she doesn't have to.

I used to hit my mother a lot as a child and I still hit my cousin and father in good fun. That being said, one of my largest fears is actually hurting someone, friend or not. I recall one time, I was walking my cousin home and accidentally hit him in the solar plexus and immediately went into a panic, thinking I had severely hurt him. I used to use force on all 3 but now only my father gets force since him and I horse play a lot. I discourage my sister from doing to our mother what I did to her as a child even though she still does.

I can even extend this fear to blood in general. I took a first aid course as part of a program that got me my first job at Future Shop (everyone in the program had to take it even though we all went to work at different places) and I just did what I was told and had no desire to make use of what I was being taught. If I'm ever in a situation where someone near me requires first aid, and especially if there's blood or broken limbs, I know I'll immediately fly into a panic. I can't handle that kind of stuff in real life.

All over the place as my posts tend to be and not as short as I'd have liked it to be :/ dah well, there's my thoughts condensed as best I could so I wasn't writing a novel.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm...not a violent person. I hate physical contact as is, and I really couldn't bring myself to hurt someone I absolutely despise.
But if someone I cared about was being threatened...I think I'd use force. I would still be hesitant to cut them - knives actually make me extremely nervous - but I don't think I'd think twice about throwing my full body's weight into someone and wrestle with them if it was to protect a family member.
Look at the trailer for Fire Emblem Fates. There's a guy getting pelted with a ****load of arrows and cleavage galore. It's not necessary and unfortunate to see FE follow the route it's following.
The arrows match the setting and whatnot, and it's censored. It's not pleasant, but it gets the point it wants to get across effectively. And most of the violence in that game isn't that bad.

The cleavage, on the other hand, is clearly the pathetic cash grab you speak of. No doubt about it.

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647

Personally, I can't really say much other than "oh". Like, yeah, I still cringe sometimes, but other than that, I usually remain stone-faced throughout it. I guess it's one of those things where you can stand to see it, but really, really prefer not to. I can definitely see where you're coming from. I don't mind games like Mortal Kombat because I rarely even see them at all, but I agree that the line is crossed when it becomes a danger.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm...not a violent person. I hate physical contact as is, and I really couldn't bring myself to hurt someone I absolutely despise.
But if someone I cared about was being threatened...I think I'd use force. I would still be hesitant to cut them - knives actually make me extremely nervous - but I don't think I'd think twice about throwing my full body's weight into someone and wrestle with them if it was to protect a family member. The arrows match the setting and whatnot, and it's censored. It's not pleasant, but it gets the point it wants to get across effectively. And most of the violence in that game isn't that bad.

The cleavage, on the other hand, is clearly the pathetic cash grab you speak of. No doubt about it.
I'm similar when it comes to knives. My cousin plays around with them from time to time and I stay clear when he does. As for the violence, it's just...so much more graphic than anything FE has ever had before. I mean, there's random soldiers getting shot with singles arrows during an RD cutscene and a cat laguz gets stabbed and you hear his screams faintly when it focuses on Skrimir and Ranulf plus Awakening had...a graphic death to put it lightly to avoid spoilers but then there's this. It's one guy, getting shot with millions of arrows and he doesn't fall. It's fine enough I suppose seeing as how throughout the entire game, you're using units to hack and slash and burn your enemies but they're restricted to simple animations and the most graphic it gets is like GBA Myrmidon and Assassin crits and Astra. Nothing on the level of cgi arrow storm of death.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Screenshot_2016-02-16-20-01-32.png

Looked fun enough. No Roy cause I didn't download him.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
The over sexualization of characters and the "cleavage" issues get under my skin a lot more than violence.

I find it disgusting how people will rabidly defend it. In anime and video games its just outrageous.

One or two characters here and there is fine but games like Street Fighter? Anime like No Game No Life? Stop. Please. Its degrading.

I don't know why I'm one of the 5 dudes on earth who are against it but it gets on my nerves man.

Do dudes find it acceptable to have male characters with bulging crotches? ****ing no. But oh its completely different when it comes to women in media. Why?

"Because **** you thats why."

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
^Yeah.
I can get people trying to make a few characters "hot", but sometimes people just take it way too dang far. Camilla's "armor" is just trying too hard. It's embarrassing. Intelligent Systems, STAHP.
Looked fun enough. No Roy cause I didn't download him.
Not fond of glorified alts?

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
^Yeah.
I can get people trying to make a few characters "hot", but sometimes people just take it way too dang far. Camilla's "armor" is just trying too hard. It's embarrassing. Intelligent Systems, STAHP.Not fond of glorified alts?
I guess you could say that, yep. Lucina is a close 2nd for most disliked in the game, Roy at least has a few different things (but not enough to warrant a purchase imo)

Top Bottom