• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh, I don't know. My level 50 Zelda kicks my *** then does her down 'wave good-bye' taunt all the time. It would be infuriating if I didn't love her so much. Dr. Mario, though? That dude's a prick.
That's odd because just about "every" amiibo that I have never taunts at all. The only exception is Luigi, but he only uses the down taunt for offensive purposes, and even then, it's quite rare to see in an amiibo only match.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
That's odd because just about "every" amiibo that I have never taunts at all. The only exception is Luigi, but he only uses the down taunt for offensive purposes, and even then, it's quite rare to see in an amiibo only match.
None of my Amiibo ever taunt. While in the process of leveling them up they'll taunt, but after a certain point they stop it all together and pretty much take after the level 9 cpu.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
People say Fox is Mewtwo's worst match-up. I dunno what beats Fox since he's so solid and balanced.
Gimping characters. Shiek, Villager, Rosa come to mind.
Definitely doesn't help that the only two characters I really use are both easily countered by him...Off the top of my head though, I can at least duck under lasers or go for the Leaf Shield gimp as MM.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Definitely doesn't help that the only two characters I really use are both easily countered by him...Off the top of my head though, I can at least duck under lasers or go for the Leaf Shield gimp as MM.
Bair should be able to gimp FF pretty easily though right? (MM) as well as Dair?
(I guess the same can be said for Mewtwo)

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I just played Project M for the first time actually, picking Mewtwo as my very first character in the game and holy crap, he has a taunt that seems to have come from Pokémon Stadium, that alone made me fangirl more than I should.... and I'm not even a girl.
And his Final Smash confirms that he is a Lucario clone:yeahboi:
Also, PM Samus <3
Those were the two reasons alone why I got interested in playing and watching PM last year.... and Lyn was going to be the third and perhaps biggest reason, but.... *sigh*
Anyway; :samus::150: <3 (y is Samus so giant bro)

FullmetalPain

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo could use some more Out of shield options besides nair. Hitting characters like Pikachu and Ness OoS can be difficult.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
DrRiceBoy DrRiceBoy Was that you? I had just switched to Mewtwo to play you in the ditto and you left xD. GGs man :p. My Cloud is better than that though, I was talking on the phone and was kind of distracted. Kept hitting your shield with unsafe stuff.

Only noticed your tag after you typed in SMASHBOARDS.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Mewtwo could use some more Out of shield options besides nair. Hitting characters like Pikachu and Ness OoS can be difficult.
I believe everyone has that problem to some extent. Mainly characters with high jumps. For example, both Diddy and Shiek can have a hard time hitting them.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I believe everyone has that problem to some extent. Mainly characters with high jumps. For example, both Diddy and Shiek can have a hard time hitting them.
Diddy should be going for D-Tilt on small chars (which converts into a lot of stuff) tbh. It's not OoS but it's still really fast, plus if he has a banana then he can throw it OoS.

Sheik can definitely hit Pikachu with an F-Air.

Mewtwo should also be going for D-Tilts. It's not OoS so it might not be fast enough but unfortunately it's all we got to punish those chars.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Anybody else notice ZeRo did an updated video on each character that got buffed from the recent patch? Well almost every character, the only one I noticed left out was that one irrelevent light character... uh, what was his name? Pikachu?

I'm a tad salty that he would skip Mewtwo as if he was Mii Brawler but whatever.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Anybody else notice ZeRo did an updated video on each character that got buffed from the recent patch? Well almost every character, the only one I noticed left out was that one irrelevent light character... uh, what was his name? Pikachu?

I'm a tad salty that he would skip Mewtwo as if he was Mii Brawler but whatever.
He didn't post all those videos at once, and he probably was preparing for G3. Apparently he's also currently sick so he won't be making commentary videos until after. I'll give it time.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
He didn't post all those videos at once, and he probably was preparing for G3. Apparently he's also currently sick so he won't be making commentary videos until after. I'll give it time.
Yeah I will try to be more patient. Hopefully he will get around to it soon. I just noticed that he did two characters back-to-back and then Cloud (which is completely undertsandable) BUT then he went on to do completely different things in the videos that followed.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Going to open the next weekly match up thread, but I'm stuck on who to look at next, any suggestions/ what characters do people have actual experience against?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Going to open the next weekly match up thread, but I'm stuck on who to look at next, any suggestions/ what characters do people have actual experience against?
I vote for... Shiek, Ness, or Villager. Why hold back on the big guns?

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
DrRiceBoy DrRiceBoy Was that you? I had just switched to Mewtwo to play you in the ditto and you left xD. GGs man :p. My Cloud is better than that though, I was talking on the phone and was kind of distracted. Kept hitting your shield with unsafe stuff.

Only noticed your tag after you typed in SMASHBOARDS.
Hehe, yeah, that was me! I switched to Mewtwo after seeing your name. Yeah, I wanted to Mewtwo ditto too, but lately my internet has been acting up. Didn't really feel like playing because my internet started to slow down a lot (happens at random intervals throughout the day). Your Cloud is sick!!!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Hehe, yeah, that was me! I switched to Mewtwo after seeing your name. Yeah, I wanted to Mewtwo ditto too, but lately my internet has been acting up. Didn't really feel like playing because my internet started to slow down a lot (happens at random intervals throughout the day). Your Cloud is sick!!!

Thanks, your Mewtwo's good too.

How many games did we play? I didn't really notice I was playing you until the very last game when you switched your tag because, as I said, I was kind of distracted. I would have picked Mewtwo if I had known. I picked him right as you left, hahaha.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Thanks, your Mewtwo's good too.

How many games did we play? I didn't really notice I was playing you until the very last game when you switched your tag because, as I said, I was kind of distracted. I would have picked Mewtwo if I had known. I picked him right as you left, hahaha.
I think we played 3-4. First game I went Luigi and got wrecked, the next 2-3 I went Mewtwo and still got wrecked.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I think we played 3-4. First game I went Luigi and got wrecked, the next 2-3 I went Mewtwo and still got wrecked.
I honestly don't remember Luigi but your Mewtwo was good.

I don't know how that matchup goes. Sometimes I feel Cloud is great vs Mewtwo but at other times I feel like Mewtwo has a lot of things Cloud just can't deal with. I still don't have a solid opinion on it.

Sonicninja115

I honestly don't remember Luigi but your Mewtwo was good.

I don't know how that matchup goes. Sometimes I feel Cloud is great vs Mewtwo but at other times I feel like Mewtwo has a lot of things Cloud just can't deal with. I still don't have a solid opinion on it.
When I am playing against a Cloud, it seems that it relies on who is in control. I might be wrong, But as Mewtwo, if I get control I usually take a stock, and the same goes for Cloud. I think it is a momentum based MU IMO. Though, I haven't played many good Cloud's, so I could be entirely wrong.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
We need to step up big time and get Mewtwo out there Genesis was sad without anyone repping him, I truly believe there's potential in our character we just need to step up big time.

D

Deleted member

Guys, what are Mewtwo's best spacing tools? I feel like I've been struggling with Mewtwo's defensive tools when I'm playing him (like, I dunno what to use at the right time), and I'd like some input.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
+85 attack Reverse Warlock Punch vs. +43 defense Mewtwo

Unfortunately, even with +43 defense, Mewtwo gets 1-hit KO'd by +85 attack Reverse Warlock Punch while on the stage center of an Omega form stage.

I have been experimenting how defense boosts can influence a fighter's survivability against one of the most powerful attacks in the game, and it seems that having a +43 defense can help avoid 1-hit KOs from +85 attack Reverse Warlock Punch, but ONLY for fighters with weight values set at 75 or better; those who are lighter than Mr. Game & Watch are still vulnerable to 1-hit KOs, which is very unfortunate for Mewtwo.

Now, just know that when I say 1-hit KO, I mean getting KO'd while your current damage is at 0%.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
^Well, the easy solution to that problem is not to let yourself get hit by an attack as stupidly slow as Ganon's Warlock Punch.

Mewtwo may not be the smallest or fastest character, but with good play, he can still avoid a lot of damage thanks to his defensive play style.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
+85 attack Reverse Warlock Punch vs. +43 defense Mewtwo

Unfortunately, even with +43 defense, Mewtwo gets 1-hit KO'd by +85 attack Reverse Warlock Punch while on the stage center of an Omega form stage.

I have been experimenting how defense boosts can influence a fighter's survivability against one of the most powerful attacks in the game, and it seems that having a +43 defense can help avoid 1-hit KOs from +85 attack Reverse Warlock Punch, but ONLY for fighters with weight values set at 75 or better; those who are lighter than Mr. Game & Watch are still vulnerable to 1-hit KOs, which is very unfortunate for Mewtwo.

Now, just know that when I say 1-hit KO, I mean getting KO'd while your current damage is at 0%.
Thankfully, nobody uses equipment outside of Smash Run.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
^Well, the easy solution to that problem is not to let yourself get hit by an attack as stupidly slow as Ganon's Warlock Punch.

Mewtwo may not be the smallest or fastest character, but with good play, he can still avoid a lot of damage thanks to his defensive play style.
Truthfully, this is all just Training mode data, so it's a moot point in an actual match. And of course, the stale moves dilemma can end up weakening Warlock Punch's knockback if used too many times.

Thankfully, nobody uses equipment outside of Smash Run.
Still, it's quite notable, especially if you play Smash Tour with customizations turned ON.

Last edited:

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong (seriously I could be) but don't moves have to land before they become stale?
Yes, they have to land before they become stale. There are some items and stage elements that add a move to the stale queue when hit with it. Beefy Smash Doods cover these things in their video.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yes, they have to land before they become stale. There are some items and stage elements that add a move to the stale queue when hit with it. Beefy Smash Doods cover these things in their video.
I watched the video. I brought it up because Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy said that Warlock Punch would get pretty stale, thereby weakening it. My point was that Warlocke Punch would actually have to land multiple times before it got that stale.

Basically, I was trying to figure out if I got misinformation or not. You say I don't. Furret24 Furret24 says I do.

I am lost.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
As it looks right now i might be able to go to BEAST VI this year and rep Mewtwo! It's probably gonna be a awesome experience.

Are there any other Mewtwo mains that are planning to go to the "BEAST VI" tournament? It seems like Abadango is coming but how much Mewtwo he will use remains to be seen :p

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Say, I haven't seen TailLover TailLover here in a while. Anyone know where she went?

More power to you then, I guess.

I don't believe so.
I'm male for starters, and it's more that I just don't have much to say.

Played a lot with my friend and did a lot of Cloud but some Mewtwo as well and did well with him so that was nice, helps reaffirm that using both Cloud and Mewtwo might be a good choice for me (gonna re-evaluate when the new chars are out) but now I have a choice, which character do I practice more? The strong character whos playstyle fits me well, or the somewhat weaker character that satisfies my tail fetish? Tough choices...hmm...(prolly both equally lol)

Top Bottom