• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Snorlax needs to be in Pokken. It just makes sense, not much else to say.

I'm sad that Mewtwo and Charizard are not confirmed yet. They will be... soon... right? pls

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Threads gotten pretty slow, huh?

I guess it is to be expected since the hype for the title character has all but gone away.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910

I guess it is to be expected since the hype for the title character has all but gone away.
It's been like this for the past few weeks. I think it's actually pretty active compared to most social threads, but compared to our old days it's really died down a lot. It's kind of sad... I can really notice the difference. Back then we would get more than 10 pages per day on average, and now it's reduced to about a page. We are literally 10 times less active than before. Following this thread is a lot easier now, but it was still pretty fun to have a lot of people. Lots of things has changed in only a month.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It's been like this for the past few weeks. I think it's actually pretty active compared to most social threads, but compared to our old days it's really died down a lot. It's kind of sad... I can really notice the difference. Back then we would get more than 10 pages per day on average, and now it's reduced to about a page. We are literally 10 times less active than before. Following this thread is a lot easier now, but it was still pretty fun to have a lot of people. Lots of things has changed in only a month.
Indeed, it's a shame. But at least most of the main crowd has stuck around.
@ Steelia Steelia
@ Daybreak Daybreak
@ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon
@Smashbro596

...I miss these guys....

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It still gets enough activity for me to have to skim through posts just to catch up.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

It's about the same as before the DLC announcement or at least the trailer. Like I said during the flood, this board will eventually get into it's own groove, unless people ignored our warnings about Skype. :rolleyes:

The video thread hasn't really started, the match up thread has just started, and the moveset thread is still outlining/starting the main write up of the community guide (if you want in on the PM just ask). There's also no custom moves to talk about...nor are there any real notable mains as of yet.

Browny

Smash Hater
Anyone got any ideas on what happened here?

https://streamable.com/0st7

I've watched it a lot of times and all I can think of is that DeDeDes hammer swing follow-through reflected the gordo back into confusion, so it was triple reflected.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Welcome back, @ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon !

This thread has been going really slow since a few days after the DLC codes were given out I think. I really do miss the hype this thread had though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyone got any ideas on what happened here?

https://streamable.com/0st7

I've watched it a lot of times and all I can think of is that DeDeDes hammer swing follow-through reflected the gordo back into confusion, so it was triple reflected.
Ever watch Shadow Ball break Palutena's Reflect?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
No, no. Best Gen II pokemon is Skarmory/Steelix/Scizor/etc. In fact, I pretty much love every gen II steel type.

Fun fact: Some pokemon like Herecross and Scizor were planned for the original games but couldn't get them in due to space issues.

...But I did.

See Secret Wars #1 & my avatar. I am Ghost Rocket.

rekt

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-9141-7498
Hi everybody!

Didn't play much of Melee, but I'm absolutely in love with Mewtwo! That being said:

I was wondering if any of you guys would be able to point me to someone who could make me a sig with my avatar and mewtwo in it with the text "C.W.R: He's back!" I have not googled for somewhere to request this, but I figured the sub forum of my main would be able to help!

Danke,
rekt

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed

School and being sick has kept me busy for a while. So it's been a bit of catch up since I've got better. I'll start being more active pretty soon as things start to wrap up.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
You realize you main Dark Pit, right?
Nah it's fine I play him to.Pokemon is one of the largest and most popular franchises to exist. I'd say 6 reps is plenty fair.:(
I agree. Pokemon deserves to have that much representation.

Whether or not Sakurai is biased towards KI:U, Palutena honestly deserved to get in. People all over the internet were asking for her before Smash released. Kid Icarus and Kid Icarus: Uprising were both great games too, so I'd say that Palutena 100% deserves her spot. On the other hand, Sakurai probably was a little biased towards Dark Pit.

I love Fire Emblem to death. Awakening, Smash, and ORAS are probably tied for my favorite 3DS titles (don't make me choose one 'cause I can't). I can see the bias towards FE though, honestly. FE isn't exactly the most popular or iconic franchise, but it got 4 reps. I'm not saying it doesn't deserve 4 reps, but compare it to a more iconic series like Donkey Kong or Metroid. DK only has 2 reps and Metroid only has 2, while FE has 4. Sakurai has stated many times that he loves FE. Connect the dots. :p

Honestly though, it doesn't really matter. Dark Pit is cool and I don't mind him getting in the game. I like FE a lot so I like the characters a lot too. I'm just saying that Sakurai was more than likely biased in his choices in making the game. Definitely not a problem though (at least for me).

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I agree. Pokemon deserves to have that much representation.

Whether or not Sakurai is biased towards KI:U, Palutena honestly deserved to get in. People all over the internet were asking for her before Smash released. Kid Icarus and Kid Icarus: Uprising were both great games too, so I'd say that Palutena 100% deserves her spot. On the other hand, Sakurai probably was a little biased towards Dark Pit.

I love Fire Emblem to death. Awakening, Smash, and ORAS are probably tied for my favorite 3DS titles (don't make me choose one 'cause I can't). I can see the bias towards FE though, honestly. FE isn't exactly the most popular or iconic franchise, but it got 4 reps. I'm not saying it doesn't deserve 4 reps, but compare it to a more iconic series like Donkey Kong or Metroid. DK only has 2 reps and Metroid only has 2, while FE has 4. Sakurai has stated many times that he loves FE. Connect the dots. :p

Honestly though, it doesn't really matter. Dark Pit is cool and I don't mind him getting in the game. I like FE a lot so I like the characters a lot too. I'm just saying that Sakurai was more than likely biased in his choices in making the game. Definitely not a problem though (at least for me).
Is it really fair to count Lucina as a 4th rep, though, when she's basically an extension of Marth? ...Eh, with Roy on the way, I guess that doesn't matter much anyway.

Fire Emblem is constantly swapping out the main character. You'll see people arguing in favor of Ephraim, Lyn, Chrom, Hector, Micaiha, or heck, maybe even the Japanese-only Seliph. Even beyond that, people will ask for other characters, like Tiki, Morgan, or even far more obscure ones like Tharja(who is far more popular then she should bee). Fire Emblem just has a case of too many potential characters.

I guess they're trying to strike a balance between how many reps Fire Emblem itself deserves to have and how many specific Fire Emblem characters deserve to get into Smash.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I think that the idea of holding off potential FE newcomers just because it would end up having more characters (don't like to use the word reps) than Metroid and DK would be silly and counter productive for the creative input of any self respecting developer. Not saying that I don't want any DK characters but I've seen people who believe that a fighter from that series or Metroid should have been prioritized above any other possible choice of a newcomer. And that is just wrong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom