• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Furret24

Smash Master
Except Villager has the balloons going for him, so it's not THAT easy to gimp. Duck Hunt, on the other hand, has nothing.
Villager also gets more than triple the distance Duck Hunt gets, goes much faster midair, and doesn't take nearly a second to just start ascending.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
All that talk of good f-tilts on the last page and not a single mention of :4link:.
Link's f-tilt is really scary sometimes. Then again Link in general is scary. I don't understand why people say he's bottom tier soley because of his mobility. Luigi has poor mobility, Ness has poor mobility, yet people call them top tier. Link has a strong punish game, powerful spacing and camping, and overall power, yet people say he's bottom tier. Why?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Link's f-tilt is really scary sometimes. Then again Link in general is scary. I don't understand why people say he's bottom tier soley because of his mobility. Luigi has poor mobility, Ness has poor mobility, yet people call them top tier. Link has a strong punish game, powerful spacing and camping, and overall power, yet people say he's bottom tier. Why?
I dunno.

I've never seen a Link do well in tournament, really. Izaw did some amazing things with Link, but he's stuck in Europe, so he doesn't impact our meta much.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I dunno.

I've never seen a Link do well in tournament, really. Izaw did some amazing things with Link, but he's stuck in Europe, so he doesn't impact our meta much.
Izaw having been doing amazing things with Link since Melee and going through Brawl.... it never meant much for it's position in the tier list.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I was lurking the competitive impressions thread, and Blue, a M2, beat Nairo's ZSS on stream.

...it's also apparently "not a serious" tourney, but though I'd share the tidbet anyways.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I was lurking the competitive impressions thread, and Blue, a M2, beat Nairo's ZSS on stream.

...it's also apparently "not a serious" tourney, but though I'd share the tidbet anyways.
LoF|Blue is the truth. That guy just keeps making me into a fan. Thanks for the heads-up! Was it Nairo's stream?

Great job !Blue! !Blue!

Edit: It was during Smash 4 Ever, which is in fact a serious tournament, thank you very much.

Last edited:

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
LoF|Blue is the truth. That guy just keeps making me into a fan. Thanks for the heads-up! Was it Nairo's stream?

Great job !Blue! !Blue!
It was an actual tournament. A bi weekly. Smash4ever. Tho nairo beat me from losers in grand finals. Im happy with my results

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
Dude, still, taking a set off Nairo is no joke. I'm proud of you.
Thank you. I have to keep trying im still learning and everyone here has helped me too. I understand more bc of all mewtwos on here. You guys post and very much active digging and searching for new things it helps give me the drive to press onward

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Great job taking that set off of Nairo !Blue! !Blue!

Nairo won in the end, but I think that's mainly because he adapts faster than just about anyone but ZeRo, and Mewtwo can't afford too many mistakes.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Thank you. I have to keep trying im still learning and everyone here has helped me too. I understand more bc of all mewtwos on here. You guys post and very much active digging and searching for new things it helps give me the drive to press onward
I've been steadily getting better with my Mewtwo. Seeing your play against Nairo has really given me that drive to keep on pushing and getting even better. I would say you're one of my favourite Mewtwo's with Mew^2. It was great seeing you vs Nairo!

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
I've been steadily getting better with my Mewtwo. Seeing your play against Nairo has really given me that drive to keep on pushing and getting even better. I would say you're one of my favourite Mewtwo's with Mew^2. It was great seeing you vs Nairo!
Im honored to hear that. I was very determined and happy it paid off. But its not over yet bc i have to do it again. I will beat nairo again. It wont be easy but i wont sell myself short either. I feel capable and will understand nairo is exceptionally smart so i have to do it again. Btw just a fun tip....power shielding zss arials is the way to go when trying to get in with a strong punish. Ive done it a few times in the set. I now am just seeing that it was bc of power shield i was able to react fast enough

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Im honored to hear that. I was very determined and happy it paid off. But its not over yet bc i have to do it again. I will beat nairo again. It wont be easy but i wont sell myself short either. I feel capable and will understand nairo is exceptionally smart so i have to do it again. Btw just a fun tip....power shielding zss arials is the way to go when trying to get in with a strong punish. Ive done it a few times in the set. I now am just seeing that it was bc of power shield i was able to react fast enough
Great job with your tech skill in that match. You used Dtilt-Bair to get better positioning, platform locked ZSS and used confusion practically perfectly. Though he did. Ait it out once it seems. That was an amazing match! Good job man!

BTW, you accomplished with Mewtwo what most can't say about their high level Shiek.

Last edited:

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
Great job with your tech skill in that match. You used Dtilt-Bair to get better positioning, platform locked ZSS and used confusion practically perfectly. Though he did. Ait it out once it seems. That was an amazing match! Good job man!

BTW, you accomplished with Mewtwo what most can't say about their high level Shiek.
Lol id suppose but i cant sit complacent

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think part of the problem is the fact that Link's poor air mobility is an issue for his recovery. While this can be resolved with the Whirling Leap custom special move, you do not have that luxury at all in default only matches.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I think part of the problem is the fact that Link's poor air mobility is an issue for his recovery. While this can be resolved with the Whirling Leap custom special move, you do not have that luxury at all in default only matches.
Recovery I don't consider that important since nearly everyone can recover if they didn't die (though obviously I'll count bad recoveries), and since Link's recovery is still biable imo, I don't see the whole problem.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I don't want to be a downer or discredit anyone, but people, calm down, he only took one out of six games against Nairo's ZSS....
Yes, it was Nairo, yes, he took a set from him, yes, he did great in game 3 of winners semis, but don't take that victory too out of proportion for Mewtwo.... it's a good character, but not that good.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't want to be a downer or discredit anyone, but people, calm down, he only took one out of six games against Nairo's ZSS....
Yes, it was Nairo, yes, he took a set from him, yes, he did great in game 3 of winners semis, but don't take that victory too out of proportion for Mewtwo.... it's a good character, but not that good.
Most of the people are praising !Blue! !Blue! 's performance with Mewtwo, not the character itself. And it's not like we're running around rubbing this victory in everybody's face.

He knows he still has more work to do. Just let him enjoy this moment. Unless there's something constructive you can say to help him.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Most of the people are praising !Blue! !Blue! 's performance with Mewtwo, not the character itself. And it's not like we're running around rubbing this victory in everybody's face.

He knows he still has more work to do. Just let him enjoy this moment. Unless there's something constructive you can say to help him.
Fair enough, Blue did play very well, props to him, it just seemed people were making too big of a deal for Mewtwo.... maybe it was just me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Frame data is probably a big one. His sword attacks are very powerful, but not very safe. They don't combo well either. Let's not forget to mention his awful grab, even if it has good range. While his strong projectile game really helps make up for these flaws, it doesn't cover them completely.

I wouldn't say he's a bad character, but most characters in Smash 4 aren't bad. I think he's got a low-ish spot on the tier list simply because of the fierce competition he gets from all the other viable and semi-viable characters.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Frame data is probably a big one. His sword attacks are very powerful, but not very safe. They don't combo well either. Let's not forget to mention his awful grab, even if it has good range. While his strong projectile game really helps make up for these flaws, it doesn't cover them completely.

I wouldn't say he's a bad character, but most characters in Smash 4 aren't bad. I think he's got a low-ish spot on the tier list simply because of the fierce competition he gets from all the other viable and semi-viable characters.
I guess that's true, but I still think that he's mid tier, or at least low mid tier.

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
With all due respect i try to be modest about it. I actually played my heart out in winners semi. I also wont sell myself short and discredit my victory nor will i think it will ever be a breeze to do it again. But i know its possible. I work really hard on mewtwo. I wanted to prove to ppl that mewtwo isnt bad. But ultimately i wanted to prove my skill level. I want to enjoy the game win or lose is not important as much as me showing my progress from where i was last tournament. I encourage that we all learn from eachother. I have a long road ahead of me and im gonna enjoy it

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
That was a truly great display, Blue. You showed off what Mewtwo can do to a wider audience and I thank you for that.

Speaking of, Is KillerJawz going to Beast VI? I feel that would be another great opportunity to see High level Mewtwo on a big stage.

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
That was a truly great display, Blue. You showed off what Mewtwo can do to a wider audience and I thank you for that.

Speaking of, Is KillerJawz going to Beast VI? I feel that would be another great opportunity to see High level Mewtwo on a big stage.
Im unsure but i will want to watch it of course

Schilt

Smash Rookie
I'm fairly certain he rarely ever enters tournaments. Maybe he'd make an exception for Beast, but I honestly can't think of any tourney I've seen him in.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
With all due respect i try to be modest about it. I actually played my heart out in winners semi. I also wont sell myself short and discredit my victory nor will i think it will ever be a breeze to do it again. But i know its possible. I work really hard on mewtwo. I wanted to prove to ppl that mewtwo isnt bad. But ultimately i wanted to prove my skill level. I want to enjoy the game win or lose is not important as much as me showing my progress from where i was last tournament. I encourage that we all learn from eachother. I have a long road ahead of me and im gonna enjoy it
I know, sorry if I seemed rude or something, but you did great, you played really well, and honestly, you was modest about, I was talking about the other people.... but I was probably wrong anyway, so don't mind what I said :)

Last edited:

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
I know, sorry if I seemed rude or something, but you did great, you played really well, and honestly, you was modest about, I was talking about the other people.... but I was probably wrong anyway, so don't mind what I said :)
No worries bro and thank you. I have yet to play any matches with other mewtwo players. Im sure there are tons i dont know that you guys do

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Just won my first tournament.

I wish it were as much of an achievement as it sounded but I'll take it nonetheless.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I've been thinking... if there's any point in my time that I'll be a much better M2 player than I already am?
I think some of you have watched a video of my play - if you haven't seen it it's on the critique thread.
Looking back on it...
I actually think that was mediocre.
With the power of learning a bunch of new things and the numerous buffs brought in 1.1.3...
I am probably significantly better now.

I also owe the thanks to some of you guys that lab stuff around here that I can take from. Really helps.

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
Just won my first tournament.

I wish it were as much of an achievement as it sounded but I'll take it nonetheless.
Was it streamed? If so post it. Im sure you did amazing...i mean you did win so its a sight to see i think

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801

I can confirm that he isn't (at least for the time being, this may or may not change) and even if he was he wouldn't enter. He's more of a teacher than a competitor now.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Was it streamed? If so post it. Im sure you did amazing...i mean you did win so its a sight to see i think
It really isn't. It wasn't streamed because it was a pretty quick, last-minute thing at my college.

Like I said I wish it was as much of an accomplishment as it sounded but half the players there weren't exactly "competitive" so to speak. There were some guys fairly close to my level at least.

All in all I'm happy I won a tour despite it being rather anticlimatic. At least I know I've improved greatly since a few months ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom