• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hello, all. Haven't been in this thread in a while but it's good to be back. I also heard that Mewtwo got a few buffs and they seem decent when I look at the patch notes. Anyone having a better time playing as Mewtwo now after this patch?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bayonetta is the only character in the game I got that I actually wanted.
Corrin is worthless, muh animoo, FE sword, not uni-*cough*
Sorry, had something in my throat. Corrin looks stylish as ****. Literally who else could do this kind of ********? I for one welcome our FE overlords. Especially as FE has almost no representation outside of characters

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
The buffs are a bit more like nerfs... Uair is rather useless as of now and Dthrow might have some rage combos, but has lost all tech chase capability.

REALLY close to giving up Mewtwo...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It's been months since I was here, but, just popping in to say MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my fellow Mewtwo enthusiasts.

I'm glad we got a nice bunch of buffs to celebrate!

Still not sure what to make of Confusion, Uair or Dthrow, but once I get the patch installed I intend to find out.

Buff analysis
1. Up air. A huge repurposing of what once was a spacing combo tool. Now, it can juggle and KO. It's become one of Mewtwo's best high-percent KO options.
2. Back air. Not a super significant change, just fixed a hitbox.
3. Forward air. This might not look it at first, but this is a serious buff. One of Mewtwo's best tools is now even better, dealing more damage per pop while also having increased range.
4. Down throw. It's faster. Now you can reliably use it to start combos. I suggest following up with dash attack or forward air.
5. Confusion. Not noticing anything big.
6. Forward smash. More damage, more range, more more. It's reallybecome one of the strongest forward smashes out there, KO-ing middleweights at around 95 or so.
Definitely some well-deserved buffs that will expand the immense amount of options Mewtwo possesses.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've been so glued to Xenoblade X that I completely forgot about the Smash presentation. Anyway, time for me to share my opinions.

HOLY MOTHER OF MAGIKARP

Bayonetta was the Smash Ballot "winner"? I thought it would of been Tails or K.Rool or something mainstream. Not that I think Bayonetta isn't a popular game, it just never came to my mind as a possibility, and I certainly haven't seen an overwhelming amount of support for her. Anyway, I'm not really a Bayonetta fan, but she looks really good. Those Smash attacks really impressive looking. I still probably wouldn't normally get that DLC, but my sister has a friend who sometimes visits who really wants to play her, so I may end up getting her on the Wii U version just for him.

Corrin was also really unexpected. He was actually pretty high up on my Smash wishlist, but I never really mentioned him because I didn't think he was really that likely and I didn't want to get my hopes up. It seems Sakurai had a very similar vision of Corrin as I did, with him using his transformation abilities for a variety of different attacks to set him apart from the other sword fighters. I had even hoped for him to be able to just sprout wings in reference to the GBA manaketes, and it seems he can do just that.

I'm not getting any of the mii fighters, but I was really surprised to be Geno. I'm sure some fans must be salty about that, but if I were one of them, I'd be thrilled. The Tails and Knuckles costumes just don't look right to me though.

...Wait, Mewtwo's Fair and Bair got buffs? I already loved those moves to begin with, so awesome.
And Uair kills? That's really nifty.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Woah woah woah... apparently Mewtwo got a speed buff. Can anyone confirm how much of a speed buff he got?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
In the patch notes thread I think he went from the 21st fastest character to the 12th fastest.
Yeah, it was pretty cray-cray. I don't know if it's game-changing, but it could seriously help Mewtwo's punishing game. He'll be able to close the distance between himself and his target much quicker now, I think.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I had a feeling that something felt different when playing her lately.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah, it was pretty cray-cray. I don't know if it's game-changing, but it could seriously help Mewtwo's punishing game. He'll be able to close the distance between himself and his target much quicker now, I think.
Or help him evade dangerous situations better.

Meanwhile the added walk speed will do wonders for spacing.

D

Deleted member

Hey, Mewtwos. Thought I'd pop in the social since I've been interested in this character for a fair while now, even if I didn't particularly enjoy playing him in the past. With how dedicated most of the Mewtwo playerbase is and what he's capable of, I wanted to get myself more familiar around here.

So yeah. Hi. :4dedede:

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In the patch notes thread I think he went from the 21st fastest character to the 12th fastest.
What? But I thought movement speed buffs were just a myth!

Oh geez, this is awesome. I better start up my copy of Smash already and see for myself.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Hey, Mewtwos. Thought I'd pop in the social since I've been interested in this character for a fair while now, even if I didn't particularly enjoy playing him in the past. With how dedicated most of the Mewtwo playerbase is and what he's capable of, I wanted to get myself more familiar around here.

So yeah. Hi. :4dedede:
Fancy meeting you here. Welcome.

Sonicninja115

Mewtwo is generally better, and they mention all his buffs in the patch notes invite only thread. With a side by side video showcasing the speed difference.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
All of the Falcons defeated online allowed Mewtwo to crank up his Speed EVs.

It's kinda funny how his run speed is the exact same as Meta Knight's. Is it just coincidence that the two involve gliding above the ground?

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Yo for real though I broke picked and up M2 as one of my mains around a month ago and now with all these buffs he just became even more enjoyable to play.

Though I will say I miss the old Shadow Ball recoil. It was fun to propel yourself across the stage and spike someone, just so satisfying. R.I.P SB recoil you died for the greater good of this character.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Holy **** that's amazing. Looks like Mewtwo's going to be MUCH better with that increased speed and other buffs!
Also, it's my birthday! Mewtwo gave me a psychic hug too I guess
Happy birthday!

I can't wait to try out buffed Mewtwo. I haven't been able to get on Smash much because I've been a bit busy the last couple days but I've got plenty of time to spend in the lab now.

Furret24

Smash Master
Say Mewtwo users here, which pallete of Mewtwo's do you use? Orange is my pallete of choice for him, though I like using green occasionally too.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Well I really don't like any of his color choices so I just stick will ol' default, I really like the purple pallet and shading on it.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
finally, I am having fun playing mewtwo again! This buff was amazing, he feels so much better, now :-)

Also, black/brownish tail, for me

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Yo for real though I broke picked and up M2 as one of my mains around a month ago and now with all these buffs he just became even more enjoyable to play.

Though I will say I miss the old Shadow Ball recoil. It was fun to propel yourself across the stage and spike someone, just so satisfying. R.I.P SB recoil you died for the greater good of this character.
What? SB recoil was removed too? W-why? I still need to see that patch myself.... holidays vacations always put me away from my Wii U....

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
What? SB recoil was removed too? W-why? I still need to see that patch myself.... holidays vacations always put me away from my Wii U....
Well it was reduced...significantly. Overall it's probably a better change cause now we can pressure with SB's in the air. I'll just miss the little niche things you could do with it.

Ohh also SB projectile size was increased!

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Well it was reduced...significantly. Overall it's probably a better change cause now we can pressure with SB's in the air. I'll just miss the little niche things you could do with it.

Ohh also SB projectile size was increased!
I prefer current SB's recoil, since it's better for pressure, especially in the air. The old recoil was a double-edge sword for me. I once used it to get offstage fast and gimp a Mac, but I also once accidentally killed myself by using SB offstage after I used my double jump, putting me too far away from the stage to recover. ;____;

Sonicninja115

SH SB now hits a grounded opponent as well as one on a platform.

The reduced recoil might allow a couple of follow-ups and is generally a good thing, unless you recover with SB, RIP the dream...

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
SH SB now hits a grounded opponent as well as one on a platform.

The reduced recoil might allow a couple of follow-ups and is generally a good thing, unless you recover with SB, RIP the dream...
Maybe that shield break set-up that I was working testing last patch will work with SH SB being a thing.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
For color, I mainly use default while occasionally using the "Shadow" Mewtwo alt. I also enjoy using the bluish green Mewtwo.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Newtwo is so crisp! I finally have the enthusiasm with this character I had back in April again (I never dropped him, but he went from being like a second-in-command to something between a secondary and a pocket). Gonna try and really devote some time into him ^_^

Furret24

Smash Master
Newtwo is so crisp! I finally have the enthusiasm with this character I had back in April again (I never dropped him, but he went from being like a second-in-command to something between a secondary and a pocket). Gonna try and really devote some time into him ^_^
Basically how I feel about him right now. I'm considering making him a secondary of mine now. :)

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Basically how I feel about him right now. I'm considering making him a secondary of mine now. :)
Fun as all living hell. If you enjoy just moving around all the hell you want with great air speed, dash speed and air dodge than he just feels so fluid.

There's a lot more to him. But for me, his top tier mobility is one of the biggest reasons I love Mewtwo.

Pick him up, Furret. Do it. :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom