• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I go and 'flavour' Mewtwo and lewdness follows. Then again, M2 sounds like a male, has a female sounding counterpart somewhere in the anime and yet is genderless so eating his crotch area would just be eating his tail/belly. Plus, he was made in a lab and I doubt they gave him any artificial flavouring.

I could make a comment on a Pokemon that is yummy but well...leaving that statement alone as is should suffice in creating more discomfort.

To save all the poor individuals who don't like where this is going HOW ABOUT THEM MEWTWO BUFFS? CARBOS AND...CALCIUM? The attack raising one. MMM MMM.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I go and 'flavour' Mewtwo and lewdness follows. Then again, M2 sounds like a male, has a female sounding counterpart somewhere in the anime and yet is genderless so eating his crotch area would just be eating his tail/belly. Plus, he was made in a lab and I doubt they gave him any artificial flavouring.

I could make a comment on a Pokemon that is yummy but well...leaving that statement alone as is should suffice in creating more discomfort.

To save all the poor individuals who don't like where this is going HOW ABOUT THEM MEWTWO BUFFS? CARBOS AND...CALCIUM? The attack raising one. MMM MMM.
More like a bit of Protein for uair, Calcium might have made Shadow Ball bigger though.

Perhaps he's also wearing an invisible Wide Lens for increased accuracy.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
More like a bit of Protein for uair, Calcium might have made Shadow Ball bigger though.

Perhaps he's also wearing an invisible Wide Lens for increased accuracy.
Figured I got it wrong. Been too long since I played Pokemon. Protein on that fsmash too and carbos? on that fair.

Furret24

Smash Master
Jigglypuff tastes like jello.

This was not intended to be...ehh...you know what.
Figured I got it wrong. Been too long since I played Pokemon. Protein on that fsmash too and carbos? on that fair.
You got it.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
No, actually, I'd say it was U-throw :p
Guilty as charged. :p
Do I spy with my little eye an amiibo logo?
It's probably just because of the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of amiibo figurine functionality just yet. Who knows? Also, that's some pretty nice box art, although I feel it could be a little bit busier. There's too much space where nothing is going on, in my opinion.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It's probably just because of the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of amiibo figurine functionality just yet. Who knows? Also, that's some pretty nice box art, although I feel it could be a little bit busier. There's too much space where nothing is going on, in my opinion.
Yeah, I think the Pokken Wii U box art is kinda bland. Not the best idea for a struggling console... you want box art that pops out to catch the eye of shoppers. Especially since Pokken has the potential to be a high-selling game for Wi U.

Personally, I hope that it does have Amiibo functionality. The arcade version already has a somewhat amiibo-like setup with a trainer card. If nothing else, it'd give me something to do with this massive amiibo collection I have, now. I guess that's assuming you could use, say, a Charizard amiibo vs. being forced to buy a Pokken amiibo card.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Pokken I'm very excited for that game, looks super fun. I'm assuming a good number of people here who plan to get the game are going to use Shadow Mewtwo? Me personally am going to use Sceptile, Charizard and Shadow Mewtwo in that order, gotta use the characters with big tails.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
I need to see the full roster for Pokken tbh, everything looks fun
yeah, hopefully they add more, I'm hoping for Flygon (Personal Favorite Pokemon) but it seems unlikely at this point, there are a bunch of Pokemon that I'd like to see playable, all of which share a common trait of course...

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
With the advent of Shadow Mewtwo, Pokkén Tournament's roster is pretty much perfect in my eyes. I look forward to demolishing my opponents with shadow-infused psychic powers! Shadow Mewtwo is definitely going to be my main. However, my second-favorite Pokémon of all time, Dragalge, would also be a welcome addition. I've posted my idea for his playstyle here before, but I'll just do a quick recap for the sake of those that haven't seen it. Basically, Dragalge's long-range attacks would be Poison-type moves that inflict continuos damage on opponents, allowing him to pressure opponents into approaching; while Dragalge's close-range attacks would be Dragon-type moves that pack a serious wallop, allowing him to doll out high amounts of damage after pressuring the opponent into approaching him. However, in order to counteract his powerful pressuring game, Dragalge would probably have to either be really slow or have exceptionally poor HP, or perhaps a milder combination of the two. That's my spin on him, anyhow.

Other neat fighters could be Aegislash, who could utilize its unique Stance Change ability in battle, Magneton, whose three-in-one nature could make him an extremely distinctive fighter, Hitmonlee, whose elastic arms could give his attacks a wide girth and really make him stand out, or Cofagrigus, who would be interesting purely because of his multi-ghost-armed physique and levitating abilities. I suppose Ditto could make for an interesting fighter, as well, provided his transformation abilities are pulled off right, and I'd also like to see Bidoof, if only for the tidal waves of salt that would inevitably follow:p.

EDIT: Also, Mew. Her vast spectrum of available moves gives her a lot of potential in a game like Pokkén Tournament. I can see her using various types of attacks in battle. Perhaps she could be the "Jack of All Trades"? You know, always bronze, but never gold? I'd like to see something like that, personally.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
With the advent of Shadow Mewtwo, Pokkén Tournament's roster is pretty much perfect in my eyes. I look forward to demolishing my opponents with shadow-infused psychic powers! Shadow Mewtwo is definitely going to be my main. However, my second-favorite Pokémon of all time, Dragalge, would also be a welcome addition. I've posted my idea for his playstyle here before, but I'll just do a quick recap for the sake of those that haven't seen it. Basically, Dragalge's long-range attacks would be Poison-type moves that inflict continuos damage on opponents, allowing him to pressure opponents into approaching; while Dragalge's close-range attacks would be Dragon-type moves that pack a serious wallop, allowing him to doll out high amounts of damage after pressuring the opponent into approaching him. However, in order to counteract his powerful pressuring game, Dragalge would probably have to either be really slow or have exceptionally poor HP, or perhaps a milder combination of the two. That's my spin on him, anyhow.

Other neat fighters could be Aegislash, who could utilize its unique Stance Change ability in battle, Magneton, whose three-in-one nature could make him an extremely distinctive fighter, Hitmonlee, whose elastic arms could give his attacks a wide girth and really make him stand out, or Cofagrigus, who would be interesting purely because of his multi-ghost-armed physique and levitating abilities. I suppose Ditto could make for an interesting fighter, as well, provided his transformation abilities are pulled off right, and I'd also like to see Bidoof, if only for the tidal waves of salt that would inevitably follow:p.

EDIT: Also, Mew. Her vast spectrum of available moves gives her a lot of potential in a game like Pokkén Tournament. I can see her using various types of attacks in battle. Perhaps she could be the "Jack of All Trades"? You know, always bronze, but never gold? I'd like to see something like that, personally.
Funny how the new Street Fighter character F.A.N.G is basically what you describe Dragalge as...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Did they confirm we can play as Shadow Mewtwo yet? In the arcades, he's exclusively a boss character. I mean, I HOPE we can play as Shadow Mewtwo...

So far, the full roster is:
Pikachu, Pika Libre, Charizard, Gengar, Machamp, Weavile, Blaziken, Sceptile, Suicune, Gardevoir, Lucario.

I like the Dragalge idea. My all-time favorite Pokemon is Scolipede, though. That's who I want. Flygon also sounds good, but for me, nothing tops Scolipede.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They said the amiibo card UNLOCKS Shadow Mewtwo from the get go, implying he's playable
Did they confirm we can play as Shadow Mewtwo yet? In the arcades, he's exclusively a boss character. I mean, I HOPE we can play as Shadow Mewtwo...

So far, the full roster is:
Pikachu, Pika Libre, Charizard, Gengar, Machamp, Weavile, Blaziken, Sceptile, Suicune, Gardevoir, Lucario.

I like the Dragalge idea. My all-time favorite Pokemon is Scolipede, though. That's who I want. Flygon also sounds good, but for me, nothing tops Scolipede.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I hope they slightly nerf Shadow Mewtwo, then, because if you fight him on higher than easy difficulty, he's fairly OP. One of his best moves creates an AOE that rapidly charges his mega evolution/burst meter. His "kill everything" super burst is a OHKO, I think.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Yeah, if you pre-order Pokken, you get the Shadow Mewtwo Amiibo card along with the game. I think if you just get the regular game you have to unlock Shadow Mewtwo by completing Arcade mode or something like that.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Played with a friend today, not much, but man my Mewtwo sucks lol, I guess that's what happens when you don't use a character, I think I can eventually learn to use him, so I'm going to give him an honest shot but we'll see where that goes.

Gonna do a little blogpost, at the end of the day I realized that I really shouldn't force myself to use characters just because they have a big tail (it's why I stuck with Charizard and Yoshi for so long, Charizard is really fun but he doesn't get results, Yoshi is good but after a looooong time I finally realize his playstyle just doesn't fit me) So right now focusing on Cloud and Mewtwo till Bayonetta comes out because I LOVE BAYONETTA.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So right now focusing on Cloud and Mewtwo till Bayonetta comes out because I LOVE BAYONETTA.
So, since you like Bayonetta, I must ask: are you familiar with The Wonderful 101? It's another Platinum Game, by Hideki Kamiya, no less. It doesn't play anything like Bayonetta, but I figured that, since you're probably familiar with Kamiya and such, you might be interested in/already own The Wonderful 101. TW101 doesn't seem get as much attention as other Platinum Games, likely because of the Wii U's low install base and the game's atypical controls, so I always ask people familiar with PlatinumGames if they're aware of it. I don't mean to knock on Bayonetta - it's a fantastic duology - so please don't take this as me trying to steal Bayo's thunder. I'm simply asking if you're aware of another phenomenal game from the same developer.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
So i did a Twitch tourney, used Mewtwo for a majority: http://challonge.com/uxtpz6hk
Played Mewtwo 1/2 the time, Lucina 1/4, and MK another 1/4. I didn't use Cloud once, although during the last match, i was REALLY tempted. I feel I did decent for once, which is good. Got knocked into losers because of a Toon Link, and got hammered out by a Cloud player. Maybe I needed more knowledge on the matchups, or maybe I just need to re-learn these characters. *shrug* I don't really know for certain.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
So, since you like Bayonetta, I must ask: are you familiar with The Wonderful 101? It's another Platinum Game, by Hideki Kamiya, no less. It doesn't play anything like Bayonetta, but I figured that, since you're probably familiar with Kamiya and such, you might be interested in/already own The Wonderful 101. TW101 doesn't seem get as much attention as other Platinum Games, likely because of the Wii U's low install base and the game's atypical controls, so I always ask people familiar with PlatinumGames if they're aware of it. I don't mean to knock on Bayonetta - it's a fantastic duology - so please don't take this as me trying to steal Bayo's thunder. I'm simply asking if you're aware of another phenomenal game from the same developer.
Yeah I have wonderful 101, it's a fantastic game that I should most likely play again.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Mewtwo is generally better, and they mention all his buffs in the patch notes invite only thread. With a side by side video showcasing the speed difference.

...really? I haven't seen a video, so I figured I'd make one myself, while doing Kirby's, with the best (crap) quality I could, and the video already exists somewhere in a seekrut club?

Absolutely disgusting!

Anyway, here you go.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.

...really? I haven't seen a video, so I figured I'd make one myself, while doing Kirby's, with the best (crap) quality I could, and the video already exists somewhere in a seekrut club?

Absolutely disgusting!

Anyway, here you go.

Only moderators and known Labbers are allowed to post in it, everyone can see it. It is to cut out the placebo and silliness.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice

Absolutely disgusting!

Anyway, here you go.

I like how he wags his tail faster now

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Only moderators and known Labbers are allowed to post in it, everyone can see it. It is to cut out the placebo and silliness.
If you have proof, in video format, of something that changed, there's no reason not to post it to the public :p

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
If you have proof, in video format, of something that changed, there's no reason not to post it to the public :p
Go to competitive discussion for Sm4sh. There will be a thread called 1.1.3 patch notes, the video and frame data for Mewtwo is in there. Anyone can see it, but only certain people are allowed to post their findings there.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ah, now I see what you mean. That post must've been made after the last time I looked at that thread. After watching the video, it's good to know that mine is at least in a different format that makes it somewhat easier to see side-by-side!

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
alright, sorry if this is a dumb or annoying question, but this is the social topic so I want to ask this, who else loves Mewtwo's tail, as in, it's your favorite part about him? Pretty much the only reason I even consider using Mewtwo is because of his huge tail, he's fun and all but I don't think I would even bother if he didn't have that tail.

Now, to not just be that guy who only talks about one thing only, and to start discussion, what is the most satisfying thing you have done with Mewtwo?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
alright, sorry if this is a dumb or annoying question, but this is the social topic so I want to ask this, who else loves Mewtwo's tail, as in, it's your favorite part about him? Pretty much the only reason I even consider using Mewtwo is because of his huge tail, he's fun and all but I don't think I would even bother if he didn't have that tail.

Now, to not just be that guy who only talks about one thing only, and to start discussion, what is the most satisfying thing you have done with Mewtwo?
I mostly like Mewtwo because of the fleshed-out, interesting character the anime has given him (or her, in one case), and also because he's a really awesome Pokémon to battle with in the Pokémon games themselves. His tail is quite impressive, however.

Eesh... That's a tough question. I don't really know. Probably the time I Disabled a Sheik near the edge of Town and City, knocked her offstage with an F-Smash, Disabled her again as she recovered back onto the stage, and finished her off with another F-Smash. That might have been more a result of my opponent's incompetence than my own skill, but reading her Vanish like that made feel pretty high and mighty. So, I guess that would be the most satisfying thing I've ever with Mewtwo. :)

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735

His tail is the reason he has that badass down tilt. How could you not love his tail? Outside of down throw and forward tilt, of course.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
His tail is the reason he has that badass down tilt. How could you not love his tail? Outside of down throw and forward tilt, of course.
I know Mewtwo's D-Throw is pretty abysmal, but is his F-Tilt really that bad? I seem to recall dolling out some pretty high knockback with it on a few occasions, and its range isn't too poor, I don't think. It's not anything noteworthy, sure, but is it really bad?

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I know Mewtwo's D-Throw is pretty abysmal, but is his F-Tilt really that bad? I seem to recall dolling out some pretty high knockback with it on a few occasions, and its range isn't too poor, I don't think. It's not anything noteworthy, sure, but is it really bad?
Let's just say it's not nearly as useful as his other ground attacks. Down tilt, up tilt and jab are a lot better because they all combo into stuff.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Let's just say it's not nearly as useful as his other ground attacks. Down tilt, up tilt and jab are a lot better because they all combo into stuff.
I love the animation on dthrow though, personally my favorite throw in the game, if only there was a reason to use it...

Top Bottom