• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I like Cerulean Mewtwo.

Hasn't it already been discussed how most of his palettes kind of resemble the RBY palettes?

Pink: Red Version/Fuchsia City
Blue: Blue Version/Cerulean City
Orange: Saffron City
Black: Pewter City
Yellow: Yellow Version/Vermilion City
Light Green: Shiny
Shadow: Shadow Lugia

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I like Cerulean Mewtwo.

Hasn't it already been discussed how most of his palettes kind of resemble the RBY palettes?

Pink: Red Version/Fuchsia City
Blue: Blue Version/Cerulean City
Orange: Saffron City
Black: Pewter City
Yellow: Yellow Version/Vermilion City
Light Green: Shiny
Shadow: Shadow Lugia
The black you speak of is very dark brown, and the yellow makes me think of the classic GB's screen color like in the Dreamland stage for 3DS.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Can I play with some Mewtwo over here on the 3DS? I'm lonely :c
(seriously please i want someone to spar with. please. PLEASE.)

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I use Pink. Our fair lady looks so pretty in pink...

I'm glad the re-balancing staff got their hands on some Carbos.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Now that Mewtwo feels so much better, I'm going to try and make him one of my mains. I always thought he was underrated but till rather bad and felt bad to use. I dropped him pretty quick because of these frustrations despite how much I love the character because of his absolutely massive tail. These changes made him feel fantastic though, and I plan to see if they are good enough for me to truly enjoy using him.

Also I like the Light Blue tail and the white and black Mewtwo

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Now that Mewtwo feels so much better, I'm going to try and make him one of my mains. I always thought he was underrated but till rather bad and felt bad to use. I dropped him pretty quick because of these frustrations despite how much I love the character because of his absolutely massive tail. These changes made him feel fantastic though, and I plan to see if they are good enough for me to truly enjoy using him.

Also I like the Light Blue tail and the white and black Mewtwo
Are you /u/ILoveTails form Reddit?

Pokemon XD is one of my favorite games of all time, so I use the Shadow Lugia skin in hope of an XD2 someday.

Frankly I didn't notice the speed mod when I first tested "Newtwo", but thinking back I also noticed he has more distance on his dash cooldown, which I used kind of like a wavedash would be used in Melee. That's probably the best result of the speedup to me, since speed hadn't really been a factor to me in the past with Mewtwo.
But I think now, with these buffs, Mewtwo can play the way he's supposed to be played: as the true king of all glass cannons.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Nag, I am too. Nice Mewtwo by the way. Not the most steller Bowser performance though.
Bowser? Well, I usually perform a lot better (This isn't a john, I believe it's true) with Bowser. Not that I would beat you or anything, but I could perform better. Probably because of Yoshi xD

Decent Yoshi, I'll say.

Furret24

Smash Master
Bowser? Well, I usually perform a lot better (This isn't a john, I believe it's true) with Bowser. Not that I would beat you or anything, but I could perform better. Probably because of Yoshi xD

Decent Yoshi, I'll say.
Seriously though, you're definetly the second best Mewtwo i've fought (not saying much, but oh well). Those combos man, especially on Battlefield. Those Disable mixups too. I tip my figurative hat to you.

Thanks. Yoshi and Duck Hunt are two of my most used characters outside of Game and Watch, who still needs some work.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Seriously though, you're definetly the second best Mewtwo i've fought (not saying much, but oh well). Those combos man, especially on Battlefield. Those Disable mixups too. I tip my figurative hat to you.

Thanks. Yoshi and Duck Hunt are two of my most used characters outside of Game and Watch, who still needs some work.
Eh. I'm not a very good Mewtwo, in my opinion.
I feel that Disable can be a pretty useful move cause it has a nice range to it.

Thank you for your compliment. :')

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Eh. I'm not a very good Mewtwo, in my opinion.
I feel that Disable can be a pretty useful move cause it has a nice range to it.
Well, you've the basics down pretty well atleast. I don't face too many people outside of FG (sad, I know), so just about anyone with actual skill can beat me good.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Well, you've the basics down pretty well atleast. I don't face too many people outside of FG (sad, I know), so just about anyone with actual skill can beat me good.
Well, I would say I'm a good Mewtwo, just not great.
I actually play FG more than some others because I don't really have many friends I can play with, online nor IRL. Plus, about every FG session I get there's usually going to be that one good player out there that I can tie with or lose to but win sometimes.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
@Teh Epic Anna:
And many more!

Also, activity spike! Awesome! I'm loving all the activity here now. Who knew a few buffs had this kind of magnetic power? I remember when we used to blow through 7 pages every day. Good times. Also, I'm seeing some familiar faces, which is always nice. I imagine the people I'm talking about know who they are. Nice to see you guys back! And, to all the new guys, welcome to the Mewtwo social! I hope you have phenomenal time!

Anyhow, I haven't had the chance to play Smash since the 1.1.3 update, but it'll definitely be the first thing I do come Saturday morning. I'm really excited to see how Mewtwo feels now. The extra speed sounds amazing, and I'm really liking the reduced landing lag that I'm hearing about. I mean, Mewtwo's N-Air's landing lag is now 13 frames. That's on par with Lucas's N-Air! It seems like all of the aerial attacks that Mewtwo needs good landing lag on, namely his N-Air and U-Air, have it now. It's just great! I've always been under the impression that Mewtwo was high-low- or bottom-mid-tier, but maybe now he'll be a good lower-mid tier character, perhaps, dare I dream, higher. Oh, and, two things: has anybody actually figured out what they changed about Confusion? All I know is that its "parameters were changed," but I have no idea what that means. And: I've heard that Mewtwo's U-Air now juggles at low percents and KO's at high ones. Is that true? Because, if so, that's amazing.

By the way, I'm partial to Mewtwo's cyan palette swap, although all of them are rather pretty.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
@Teh Epic Anna:
And many more!

Also, activity spike! Awesome! I'm loving all the activity here now. Who knew a few buffs had this kind of magnetic power? I remember when we used to blow through 7 pages every day. Good times. Also, I'm seeing some familiar faces, which is always nice. I imagine the people I'm talking about know who they are. Nice to see you guys back! And, to all the new guys, welcome to the Mewtwo social! I hope you have phenomenal time!

Anyhow, I haven't had the chance to play Smash since the 1.1.3 update, but it'll definitely be the first thing I do come Saturday morning. I'm really excited to see how Mewtwo feels now. The extra speed sounds amazing, and I'm really liking the reduced landing lag that I'm hearing about. I mean, Mewtwo's N-Air's landing lag is now 13 frames. That's on par with Lucas's N-Air! It seems like all of the aerial attacks that Mewtwo needs good landing lag on, namely his N-Air and U-Air, have it now. It's just great! I've always been under the impression that Mewtwo was high-low- or bottom-mid-tier, but maybe now he'll be a good lower-mid tier character, perhaps, dare I dream, higher. Oh, and, two things: has anybody actually figured out what they changed about Confusion? All I know is that its "parameters were changed," but I have no idea what that means. And: I've heard that Mewtwo's U-Air now juggles at low percents and KO's at high ones. Is that true? Because, if so, that's amazing.

By the way, I'm partial to Mewtwo's cyan palette swap, although all of them are rather pretty.
It's good to be back. Glad to see a familiar face.

I also love the Cyan color. I use Orange Creamsickle a lot. Standard, Pink... just depends on my mood.

I saw someone say Confusion has longer horizontal reach, now, which if true is not the buff we hoped for, but is still nice to have.

No one has confirmed the larger fully charged Shadow Ball with evidence, yet, but that's just one more possible buff on top of all the others.

And yes, huge character buffs do have magnetic powers. I had all but given up on Smash with all the Mewtwo pessimism. I also use Ike and DK, and both of them got massively buffed, but it just never felt right that my favorite character was my weakest one. I like all of these Mewtwo changes, and I hope we might even see more in the future.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It's good to be back. Glad to see a familiar face.

I also love the Cyan color. I use Orange Creamsickle a lot. Standard, Pink... just depends on my mood.

I saw someone say Confusion has longer horizontal reach, now, which if true is not the buff we hoped for, but is still nice to have.

No one has confirmed the larger fully charged Shadow Ball with evidence, yet, but that's just one more possible buff on top of all the others.

And yes, huge character buffs do have magnetic powers. I had all but given up on Smash with all the Mewtwo pessimism. I also use Ike and DK, and both of them got massively buffed, but it just never felt right that my favorite character was my weakest one. I like all of these Mewtwo changes, and I hope we might even see more in the future.
Yeah, I felt that Shadow Ball looked bigger while charging. I don't have two versions to show side by side comparisons though...

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
My favourite palette is the shadow lugia one. I loved that since the moment I saw it on the trailer. Also mint-two and default colours. I don't use the other colours too often.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
All right, I am determined to keep playing Mewtwo. Even ordered his amiibo, today. Btw, I gotta agree with the people here claiming that shadowball is bigger, it definitely feels so

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The excitement in the air! The true paradise opens for us!

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Best day ever. Two of my bestest friends bought me a Wii U and Smash today for Christmas. Love them.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
My cousin came over the day Cloud came out to try him out and the two of us went on FG dubs (awful place for those wondering) but I got to relive my enjoyment of Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Ganondorf and R.O.B. Honestly, didn't even notice the speed buffs or the Shadow Ball buff during my session but then it's been a few months since I legitimately played the game. Glad two of my favourite characters got some buffs.

As for colours, I tend to use lemon and mint, sometimes I'll mix it up and go grape or blueberry or black licorice. Rarely go cherry (though my amiibo is cherry and even named that) and I never go orange or ugly-err 'Shadow'.

And yes, every Mewtwo palette is a flavour to me...except ugly.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
My cousin came over the day Cloud came out to try him out and the two of us went on FG dubs (awful place for those wondering) but I got to relive my enjoyment of Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Ganondorf and R.O.B. Honestly, didn't even notice the speed buffs or the Shadow Ball buff during my session but then it's been a few months since I legitimately played the game. Glad two of my favourite characters got some buffs.

As for colours, I tend to use lemon and mint, sometimes I'll mix it up and go grape or blueberry or black licorice. Rarely go cherry (though my amiibo is cherry and even named that) and I never go orange or ugly-err 'Shadow'.

And yes, every Mewtwo palette is a flavour to me...except ugly.
if you consider each pallet a flavor I really hope you aren't thinking of eating Mewtwo's tail... I would not accept that.

Top Bottom