• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

C3CC

Smash Lord
Can someone explain to me why a fully charged Shadow Ball sometimes deals 21% and other times 23% or 26% and so?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Can someone explain to me why a fully charged Shadow Ball sometimes deals 21% and other times 23% or 26% and so?
I never noticed it doing anything different from 25%.... but could it be because of the stale system or, lol, because it has sourspots and sweetspot of some sort? :p
Anyway, I just got into Pokémon TCG and I am loving to sweep benches with my Yveltal, I hope Sakurai add him at Smash 5 now :chuckle:

Hey, it is better than ask for Ridley....

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Probably stale move penalty. Keep in mind that it doesn't care how much you charged it with each use, like when zoning with mini balls it will still stale.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I didnt know if i should make a thread for a glitch that happened so im posting it here.
it "start at" 18 seconds in.
Interesting... does it work on other characters besides pit? And is it consistent?

If this is a glitch that we can exploit it would be great, especially if a pit or fox reflects it.

sups48

Smash Rookie
NNID
CharmanderY
Ive been trying to do it again maybe dash attack makes you immune to reflected shadow ball.

Sonicninja115

Ive been trying to do it again maybe dash attack makes you immune to reflected shadow ball.
It doesn't seem so, it looks like Mewtwo activated DA after running through the shadowball. I will test it out in a bit.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Interesting... does it work on other characters besides pit? And is it consistent?

If this is a glitch that we can exploit it would be great, especially if a pit or fox reflects it.
I've seen it happen with Palu's reflector. Mewtwo's too

Sonicninja115

I wasn't able to replicate it, however I didn't have a second player so I will try to test it out this afternoon with my brother.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I love fighting Sonic and stopping his approaches with Mewtwo's jab

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Also, did you know that Mewttwo's jab true combos into Fair and Uair at 500% you learn something knew everyday.
Woah what? That's cool, now I know. One thing I have noticed a lot of people doing when they're being snarky by choosing Mewtwo after I've beaten them or after they've beaten me is that they will tend to overuse the Nair, which I've always found strange.

Sonicninja115

Woah what? That's cool, now I know. One thing I have noticed a lot of people doing when they're being snarky by choosing Mewtwo after I've beaten them or after they've beaten me is that they will tend to overuse the Nair, which I've always found strange.
Nair is an AMAZING move though, it is sorta like Shulk's Backslash, very good, but overused by trolls. And with nair you can get guaranteed 30% combos up until 70ish if you know how to read Nair KB.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Nair is an AMAZING move though, it is sorta like Shulk's Backslash, very good, but overused by trolls. And with nair you can get guaranteed 30% combos up until 70ish if you know how to read Nair KB.
I do enjoy it, I've actually managed to trip up an opponent with it causing them to fall to their death. Can you Up smash after finishing a Nair that's close to the ground?

Sonicninja115

I do enjoy it, I've actually managed to trip up an opponent with it causing them to fall to their death. Can you Up smash after finishing a Nair that's close to the ground?
Maybe, it seems that it would work, but I think that it would not true. However, you can dtilt-nair-dtilt-fair-fair and that will true combo certain characters and will link on most of the cast. as well as nair-dtilt-DJ Weak Uair-Fair which will actually kill.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Maybe, it seems that it would work, but I think that it would not true. However, you can dtilt-nair-dtilt-fair-fair and that will true combo certain characters and will link on most of the cast. as well as nair-dtilt-DJ Weak Uair-Fair which will actually kill.
* takes notes
This is very useful, thank you I have to try this out in the lab.
Have you had any Lucario fights? Because out of the ones I've had I've won without any problem.

Sonicninja115

There is a Nair KB thread and a Combo thread if you want to look at all(most) of mewtwo's known combos.

In regards to Lucario, My brother plays him, and I feel that as long as Mewtwo gets the first stock then your good, however, it is best to start going for the kill at around 80-120, as anything above that signifies a 50% death for Mewtwo. But yeah, I find the MU pretty easy for Mewtwo, especially his ability to easily gimp/stage spike lucario. it is pretty easy to tell if he is going for the ledge, and if you do you can run off bair/fair to quickly end a stock. Even if lucario does go for the stage and you misread it you will probably still have time to punish his recovery.
* takes notes
This is very useful, thank you I have to try this out in the lab.
Have you had any Lucario fights? Because out of the ones I've had I've won without any problem.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Hey all, ksizzle of VitaminZK here. We have a video series detailing a breakdown on the latest patch and we recently released a video for various characters including Mewtwo. Hope you enjoy!

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Hey all, ksizzle of VitaminZK here. We have a video series detailing a breakdown on the latest patch and we recently released a video for various characters including Mewtwo. Hope you enjoy!

Thank you for you and zucco for your YT vids. They're extremely helpful!
EDIT:Sonic music <3

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
In the Mewtwoniverse everything dies young even forum threads.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I miss the days when we were all so hyped and happy and all we could think about was when Mewtwo would be released. It's sad that hypes just gone now and things have past. I guess all we have to look forward to now is the amiibo and whether or not he gets a buff. I doubt custom moves will happen.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If you guys have some ideas to generate activity just let me know and I'll do my best to make your dreams come true.

Did start the Weekly Match Up thread, if there's a character you all want to discuss (such as your mains/secondaries compared to M2) just let me know as I'll start the next thread soon.
Could have sworn there was a lot of :4greninja: mains on this board...

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well, because we are hurting for topics to talk about,
you guys heard that Shovel Knight Amiibo confirmation? I didn't, because I live under a rock and didn't learn until recently. I know is unnecessary for me to say this but this makes him a likely candidate for Smash. I've never played Shovel Knight before but I'll be sure to pick it up one day.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Well, because we are hurting for topics to talk about,
you guys heard that Shovel Knight Amiibo confirmation? I didn't, because I live under a rock and didn't learn until recently. I know is unnecessary for me to say this but this makes him a likely candidate for Smash. I've never played Shovel Knight before but I'll be sure to pick it up one day.
Yeah, it looks great! Shovel Knight is one of my favorite games, it is just so well made and captures the essence of old video games while still having many original elements.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Well, we could start talking about the chances of Yveltal becoming DLC for Smash 4.... or better yet, does someone know what deck/buster/anything I should buy to get a Mewtwo card in TCGO?
Oh, and I hope Mewtwo and Yveltal come together to Pokkén for Wii U too.
And I made sure to check Shovel's box specifically for a Smash Bros. logo there and nothing.... but who knows?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well, we could start talking about the chances of Yveltal becoming DLC for Smash 4.... or better yet, does someone know what deck/buster/anything I should buy to get a Mewtwo card in TCGO?
Oh, and I hope Mewtwo and Yveltal come together to Pokkén for Wii U too.
And I made sure to check Shovel's box specifically for a Smash Bros. logo there and nothing.... but who knows?
No, no and no. Yveltal is too big :troll:

Speaking of something else, when I encounter a Ryu player in For Glory who does nothing but spam Hadoukens I am like "Did I actually mistook Smash for Street Fighter all of a sudden?". Also, that **** may work in SF but in Smash you gonna get destroyed for trying to pull those shenanigans.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I know, though Smash has more movements options to work around projectile spam, just saying. It would probably work against me because I'm not a good SF player.

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
I'm sooooo hyped for the amiibo. It will complete my life :^)
And I still use Mewtwo a crap ton. I think he's my second best character, although not really comparable to my Sonic.

Top Bottom