• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If you'd like, we can play a few and you can show me what a real Megaman player can do. ;)
You'd probably beat me I can say that much. Though maybe I should use that as our next weekly match up for later today...would already know which Mega Men to tag and get opinions. lol

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Cleared 9.0 without customs. Our fair lady's less than ideal survivability allowed no room for error thus many tries were attempted. However my unwavering diligence was rewarded with...a knuckle joe trophy. Oh well lets do it again without losing a stock I'm so sure the RNG will co-operate with me all the way!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Cleared 9.0 without customs. Our fair lady's less than ideal survivability allowed no room for error thus many tries were attempted. However my unwavering diligence was rewarded with...a knuckle joe trophy. Oh well lets do it again without losing a stock I'm so sure the RNG will co-operate with me all the way!
And your reward shall be clothes

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
You're going to need to do that challenge with custom equipment. There's almost no way you can do it with any character unless you really cheese. I personally did it with Bowser.

Igzex

I'm currently trying to learn Marth to see if my vampire critical hit gear can take care of both the marth challenge and the not losing a stock challenge.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I'm currently trying to learn Marth to see if my vampire critical hit gear can take care of both the marth challenge and the not losing a stock challenge.
Aren't customs banned for some of those challenges?

Igzex

There's a clear 9.0 without customs challenge which I cleared with none other than our fair lady. The other 9.0 challenges can be done with equipment and customs.

Igzex

I did the Marth one. Funny thing is I didn't even realize I forgot to pick my custom Marth until I accidentally landed on digestive acid and took only 25%. The power to clear classic on 9.0 without customs under 12 minutes has been within me all along.

My luck so far with clearing 9.0 without losing a stock hasn't been particularly great though. If I don't get stuck in a team battle where a deadly item spawns in front of the opposing team then the bosses find a dumb way to take a stock off me.

"Nice of you to come with defense equipped Ganondorf. Deploy the cheese slices!"
"Hi I'm Master Beast the window for punishing me is as short as I want it to be"
"We're the master edges we can swat you too far off stage in the blink of an eye!"

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I did the Marth one. Funny thing is I didn't even realize I forgot to pick my custom Marth until I accidentally landed on digestive acid and took only 25%. The power to clear classic on 9.0 without customs under 12 minutes has been within me all along.

My luck so far with clearing 9.0 without losing a stock hasn't been particularly great though. If I don't get stuck in a team battle where a deadly item spawns in front of the opposing team then the bosses find a dumb way to take a stock off me.

"Nice of you to come with defense equipped Ganondorf. Deploy the cheese slices!"
"Hi I'm Master Beast the window for punishing me is as short as I want it to be"
"We're the master edges we can swat you too far off stage in the blink of an eye!"
Cheesiest moves in the boss fight:

-Master Hand's card attack
-Master Giant's scream
-Master Beast's pounce

Though projectiles are super effective against Beast. No risk of getting comboed by the leap and you can see his bite or spark attacks coming as he walks towards you.

I beat Classic 9.0 without using customs or losing a life with Megaman. Metal Blades against bosses = win.

Igzex

Master Giant's Grape head bombs move is the one I hate the most because you can't quite predict where the bombs will drift to. I bait the head to where I can run away to a spot for adequate reaction time and hope my shield doesn't break when they all go off.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Originally beat 9.0 without using customs as Ness. Did the not lose a life challenge as Ness with vampiric custom as well. Marth's challenge I did on my first try as him without customs. If I have time and feel like it, I want to get a higher score as Mewtwo.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Master Giant's Grape head bombs move is the one I hate the most because you can't quite predict where the bombs will drift to. I bait the head to where I can run away to a spot for adequate reaction time and hope my shield doesn't break when they all go off.
If you're talking of the ones that are like the x bomb, remember that you can just hang off the ledge while they go off. That way, you won't take any damage from them.

Igzex

I've had the best luck with a balanced auto healing critical hit Ike so far. I just need to stop making mistakes against the bosses that ends with me being dead.

Edit: Ok I beat it with Ike. Have some thoughts that entered my head during my journey

"Why is Sheriff out for so long? Could this assist trophy be any more broken?"
"Sakurai is surprised people online turn off items?!"
"I don't think the AI reaction time is very fair..."
"Please tell me it's pausing on the overworld because the disk is damaged and not because it's loading an intruder."
"How are Jigglypuff's ground normals beating out Ike's?"
"Oh boy the second time in a row I died on stage two to an offscreen poison mushroom"
"Do I pick the lone Lucina or the 3 opponents that don't have a counter?"
"Metal Lucario. Ok..."
"Ever since I won the lottery the AI picked up nothing but chickens."
"Ok sure rollout's hitbox disappears when I try to counter."
"I don't think I like items and banned stages anymore."
"Stuck hanging on the ledge for an eternity while Wario man goes after other people I stopped thinking."
"Is it me or is Takamaru not a terrible assist trophy when he's on the AI's side?"
"I'm pretty sure having more than 4 players on Ryu's stage is something that mayors call for super heroes over."
"Do those Miis have other tactics than to overload your sense of sight and then sandwich you with smash attacks?"
"No mommy I don't want another team battle I just wanna see the second wave"
"Ok no I'm pretty sure that Mii just edge hogged me somehow."
"Was Master Beast always this hard?"
"Aspiring game designers, don't be afraid to make mistakes. Like here for instance we can have a staff led by Sakurai making the mistake of allowing a boss to punish me on punishing it!"
"Ok I just hit the edges I better shield before the instant slash."
"Oh right my shadow copy also has my critical hit sword..."
"Wow the fortress is bloody easy now that I know its layout like the back of my hand after today. Too bad I already lost a stock to Cheese Slices."
"How could you do this to me my fair lady?!"

All that's left is getting all the CDs and custom moves.

Last edited:

Igzex

Luigi seriously doesn't think well of himself. I've been trophy rushing with him for about an hour now and I've gotten about 4 other characters complete custom move sets but Luigi still hasn't gotten quick missile. He's just puttin' everyone else over.

Sonicninja115

Luigi seriously doesn't think well of himself. I've been trophy rushing with him for about an hour now and I've gotten about 4 other characters complete custom move sets but Luigi still hasn't gotten quick missile. He's just puttin' everyone else over.
He should go eat a super mushroom, at least then he would be taller.

Sonicninja115

Y'know @ Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 has that meta thread up if anyone is interested... unless everyone's using Skype.
It's not like not like I put any time or effort into it... On a completely different note I am willing to put a lot of time into the metagame thread. I also completed the Nair KB thread if anyone is interested and have 6 characters done in the combo compendium.

If anyone is willing to check those out and give their opinions that would be great! Also, if you want me to do any specific character next just ask.

Igzex

My devotion to the fair lady is absolute...

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Hey guys, I've fiddled around with M2 a bit and I'm left wondering what he has over heavyweights. I feel like they play a similar style, with similar range and frame data, but have larger reward on hit and live longer. I figured I'd ask this here rather than the Q and A thread as it warrants more of a discussion rather than a one line answer. I figured M2 might have a better disadvantaged state or combo game, but I wanted to get some insight from people who know him better. Thanks in advance.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hey guys, I've fiddled around with M2 a bit and I'm left wondering what he has over heavyweights. I feel like they play a similar style, with similar range and frame data, but have larger reward on hit and live longer. I figured I'd ask this here rather than the Q and A thread as it warrants more of a discussion rather than a one line answer. I figured M2 might have a better disadvantaged state or combo game, but I wanted to get some insight from people who know him better. Thanks in advance.
Better recovery, better air mobility, better projectile, better combo links, better throws, quicker smashes, and he easily escapes combos due to his featherweight.... yeah, he has a lot.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

Also, I just noticed they merged the Dark Pit Forums with Pit's. I wonder why.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Practically the same character. Can't wait for the Lucina and Marth merge. Maybe Mario and Dr. Mario as well.

Do for one means do one for all.
To be fair though, Dark Pit and Pit share everything but two moves, with one tilt simply being a bit stronger for Pit.
As for the others, the attacks may look the same, but they are vastly different in proportion and power and use.

Last edited:

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Mewtwo is basically a heavy that dies early and loses trades. We do have better recovery and a good projectile, but our disadvantage ends up being the same or worse due to our lack of ledge invincibility, inability to land onstage, and inability to escape combos. Our advantage is about as potent but less reliable since it's based on tight, weight-dependent combos. It also doesn't help that every heavy except Ganondorf has amazing grab range, and we...don't.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Practically the same character. Can't wait for the Lucina and Marth merge. Maybe Mario and Dr. Mario as well.

Do for one means do one for all.
I may be a Lucina main, but I don't visit the boards. (I'd probably not like how they go about things, but that's TBD) Nonetheless, I disagree with any of the 3 merging. Their properties are different enough to make strategies, approaches, neutral game, etc. different. Merging any of these boards seems incredibly stupid. They're separate characters for a reason, therefore, they should each have their own board.
To be fair though, Dark Pit and Pit share everything but two moves, with one tilt simply being a bit stronger for Pit.
As for the others, the attacks may look the same, but they are vastly different in proportion and power and use.
Exactly. I'll say that: Dr Mario is the least similar of the 3, but that's due to him being based off of his Melee self. Lucina SEEMS similar, but properties change everything. (After playing both, I've realized they both extensively, I've grown to learn this). Marth = Tippers and Technicalities. Lucina = Balance and Consistency. As for Dark Pit and PIt...I'm not to certain, I've always seen Dark Pit as a powered up Pit, but slower Pit. I could be wrong on that though, don't' use either at all really.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Here are my favorites to used with size relative to frequency.
Smash4_mains.png

Now here are my most used alts.
Smash4_alts_most_used.png

These are some other alts I like using.
Smash4_other_used_alts.png

Then I made one for alts I like of all the other characters. Probably won't post it in this post because I think three images is enough.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Mewtwo is basically a heavy that dies early and loses trades. We do have better recovery and a good projectile, but our disadvantage ends up being the same or worse due to our lack of ledge invincibility, inability to land onstage, and inability to escape combos. Our advantage is about as potent but less reliable since it's based on tight, weight-dependent combos. It also doesn't help that every heavy except Ganondorf has amazing grab range, and we...don't.
I still feel like Mewtwo's disadvantage is heavily exaggerated. He's not like the other heavies who tend to try to trade or armour out of a jam, instead he evades attacks via his good airspeed, airdodge, confusion, teleport and fully charged shadow balls if he has them... really, only the truly fast characters can just afford to play the waiting game and punish the lag of Mewtwo's options. Can you really see someone like Robin or Ganondorf continually abusing Mewtwo as he tries to land the way they can do to Bowser, for example?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If anyone is willing to check those out and give their opinions that would be great! Also, if you want me to do any specific character next just ask.
Specific characters we're good on, if anything I could recommendations for the Weekly Match Up thread. lol

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I can understand the Pit/Dark Pit merger, considering that almost no properties separate them from each other and have exactly same moveset. But Doc and Mario should remain as it is, as someone mentioned before they are the least similar of the clones with Doc having two different moves and even more differentiating properties than the rest.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
I still feel like Mewtwo's disadvantage is heavily exaggerated. He's not like the other heavies who tend to try to trade or armour out of a jam, instead he evades attacks via his good airspeed, airdodge, confusion, teleport and fully charged shadow balls if he has them... really, only the truly fast characters can just afford to play the waiting game and punish the lag of Mewtwo's options. Can you really see someone like Robin or Ganondorf continually abusing Mewtwo as he tries to land the way they can do to Bowser, for example?
It doesn't take much to run him down though. Mario does it easily with his middling run speed, and Ganondorf can catch us with the burst movement from DA or Down-B. Shadow Ball helps a lot, but you can't rely on it being charged and it's also reactable (23 frames).

The only heavies I see having a worse disadvantage than us are DK and maybe Ganondorf. Bowser's disadvantage is really bad but he's got a weirdly fast DJ to escape combos and a good fall speed.

Top Bottom