• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
If you guys have some ideas to generate activity just let me know and I'll do my best to make your dreams come true.

Did start the Weekly Match Up thread, if there's a character you all want to discuss (such as your mains/secondaries compared to M2) just let me know as I'll start the next thread soon.
Could have sworn there was a lot of :4greninja: mains on this board...
Calling @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , pls help ;-;

I would love to participate in matchup discussions, but I'm not a very good player so I feel I would hurt more than helping it.
Well, because we are hurting for topics to talk about,
you guys heard that Shovel Knight Amiibo confirmation? I didn't, because I live under a rock and didn't learn until recently. I know is unnecessary for me to say this but this makes him a likely candidate for Smash. I've never played Shovel Knight before but I'll be sure to pick it up one day.
Personally, I don't think Shovel Knight has a good chance of making it in Smash. He does have an amiibo, but I really can't see it happening. I wouldn't complain if he did though, he looks like a fun character in a fun game. I will buy the game someday... the retro-like feel of the game is amazing.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Calling @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , pls help ;-;

I would love to participate in matchup discussions, but I'm not a very good player so I feel I would hurt more than helping it.

Personally, I don't think Shovel Knight has a good chance of making it in Smash. He does have an amiibo, but I really can't see it happening. I wouldn't complain if he did though, he looks like a fun character in a fun game. I will buy the game someday... the retro-like feel of the game is amazing.
The only way you can hurt the thread is by flaming and complaining, so don't worry! just go and give your opinion. all you have to do is say Mewtwo vs greninja is 60/40 because of this reason and that, as well as this. Any contribution will be a help!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Mewtwo is obviously better than Greninja. Mewtwo has a base speed of 130 and base special attack of 154. He outspeeds Greninja. Greninja also has lower defenses. With EV training, Mewtwo can 1 or 2 hit KO Greninja. Oh wait, we are talking about Smash...

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Lucina and Meta Knight are my mains at the moment. Now, I'm kinda doubting Mewtwo would be a good fit to assist with their bad MUs, but I'm curious as to what you guys think.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Lucina and Meta Knight are my mains at the moment. Now, I'm kinda doubting Mewtwo would be a good fit to assist with their bad MUs, but I'm curious as to what you guys think.
Mewtwo doesn't really help with too many MUs. His relevant good MUs are Villager and ROB, and he has a decent Rosalina MU.

But more than that, Mewtwo doesn't make a good secondary because his margin of error is virtually zero, no matter what the MU is.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Mewtwo doesn't really help with too many MUs. His relevant good MUs are Villager and ROB, and he has a decent Rosalina MU.

But more than that, Mewtwo doesn't make a good secondary because his margin of error is virtually zero, no matter what the MU is.
That's what I thought...and that kinda sucks. :\ Nevertheless, like Peach, he's basically a character that still seem interesting, but I'm unlikely to pick them as a main. However, the 2 that I'm thinking of picking up for my 3rd main are mostly Greninja or Rosalina. Liking both of them and being indecisive doesn't help. :\

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I honestly think Mewtwo does pretty well against every Pokémon in Smash except Pikachu.... and I think he does specially well against Charizard since I think every big character is pretty much an easy MU for him.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Is there anyone left with the audacity to argue against my eloquent claims that Femtwo is our true lord and savior? Do I win simply because I am the few followers who remain devoted and obedient to our fair lady?

Browny

Smash Hater
Literally no one grabs jigglypuffs aerials on your shield anyway and her crouching only allows her dtilt which is pretty much her worst move outside of dsmash.

You've got nothing to fear about a crouching jpuff, because no jpuff main is ever going to play grounded like that.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I would think a well-placed shadow claw could beat out or at least trade favourably with Jiggly's aerials, but a well-spaced bair definitely will, as does preemptively Sparking her. You have options thanks to her lack of range.

The worst thing that can happen here is her baiting out some high commitment that she can punish with rest, but patience will prevent this.

Sonicninja115

I would think a well-placed shadow claw could beat out or at least trade favourably with Jiggly's aerials, but a well-spaced bair definitely will, as does preemptively Sparking her. You have options thanks to her lack of range.

The worst thing that can happen here is her baiting out some high commitment that she can punish with rest, but patience will prevent this.
Her fair definitely out ranges and out prioritizes our fair.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
There is mid-air clashing.... Like DBZ moments... and Mewtwo's fair is like a butterknife compared to a broadsword, size-wise.
Air attacks only clash with projectiles. Though I can't tell if sarcasm.

Edit: Anyway, I've managed to test the range of shadow claw on omega Suzaku Castle and I've determined that it actually DOES outrange Jiggly's fair. If you want evidence, friend me and I'll send you pics.

Last edited:

Gallant Blade

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-1379-3691
Hello people of the low activity Mewtwo boards! I waiting for Shantae to be DLC. Or Shovel Knight! Or Bandana Dee! Although...

If the original Shantae game for the Gameboy was published by Capcom, then wouldn't she be a Capcom character?

Anywho, having trouble against Master Fortress. Only won once with Wii Fit Trainer. Any tips? It is actually getting to the boss fight itself that is difficult. As in, 'CPU gets hammer while bomb spawns next to you' difficult. I HAVE THE WORST VIDEO GAME LUCK EVER!!!
(Sad Face)

Oh, and September conspiracy theories involving black holes, a plethora of coincidences, and the Berenstein Bears... Look it up if you have the time.

That is about it, so may we always be devoted to Mewtwo. Sorry If this is a rambling post. I do not check here often and feel left out of the conversation...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Hello people of the low activity Mewtwo boards! I waiting for Shantae to be DLC. Or Shovel Knight! Or Bandana Dee! Although...

If the original Shantae game for the Gameboy was published by Capcom, then wouldn't she be a Capcom character?

Anywho, having trouble against Master Fortress. Only won once with Wii Fit Trainer. Any tips? It is actually getting to the boss fight itself that is difficult. As in, 'CPU gets hammer while bomb spawns next to you' difficult. I HAVE THE WORST VIDEO GAME LUCK EVER!!!
(Sad Face)

Oh, and September conspiracy theories involving black holes, a plethora of coincidences, and the Berenstein Bears... Look it up if you have the time.

That is about it, so may we always be devoted to Mewtwo. Sorry If this is a rambling post. I do not check here often and feel left out of the conversation...
Just try to pick fights with small amounts of CPUs in Classic. Just about the only thing that can reduce the luck factor.

Real-world issues are generally best left to the Zelda social.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Air attacks only clash with projectiles. Though I can't tell if sarcasm.

Edit: Anyway, I've managed to test the range of shadow claw on omega Suzaku Castle and I've determined that it actually DOES outrange Jiggly's fair. If you want evidence, friend me and I'll send you pics.
I'm sorry, but when you said "friend me" I was immediately reminded of this:

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

And of course when talking about Mewtwo's weird hitboxes people casually forget to mention the ones that work in his favour (jab 2).

Was there anything specific you wanted us to notice otherwise?
Mewtwo doesn't have weird hitboxes... I thought that people have established this beyond a doubt and provided proof.

The only hitboxes that are weird are Uair, Utilt and sometimes Fsmash. but everyone has their janky hitboxes, like Lucina's Usmash for instance.

And why is Jab janky? The psychic puff is the hitbox...

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Mewtwo doesn't have weird hitboxes... I thought that people have established this beyond a doubt and provided proof.

The only hitboxes that are weird are Uair, Utilt and sometimes Fsmash. but everyone has their janky hitboxes, like Lucina's Usmash for instance.

Bruh. C'mon.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I other news, Pokémon Shuffle Mobile got released in the Americas today and I already got a Mew in that event that is happening now....

I never thought I would be playing Candy Crush Saga before.... damn you, brands! Always sucking my life and my dignity!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

I know, I know.

But between @lightningrodc's latest video and series of pics highlighting every single "inaccuracy" in Mewtwo's moveset and @ RayNoire RayNoire 's dogged efforts in taking every chance he can get to smear Mewtwo, it's hard to believe people really know this...

oh, woops and Grab. Grab is the dumbest thing in smashbros. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

I tend to shun grab, but it is still pretty good for killing and damaging.
Well to be fair, it's really only his dashgrab that sucks. Standing is accurate if awkwardly placed, and pivot is a nice improvement.
And I play Palutena and Lucas, both having considerably worse dash grabs than standing so I have experience here.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Positive news then for a change:

We just updated the Wisconsin PR for the fall season, and I moved up from #8 to #6.

http://t.co/4186CIg8C0

So far, looking at this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-power-rankings-directory-project.401710/ there are 3 Mewtwos that have made PRs across all regions: Trela, Mew^2, and I--and I'm the only one who doesn't use a secondary. I don't think I'm near Top 3 or anything since I know lots of Mewtwos are stuck in much tougher regions, but it's still a pretty cool perk of playing a bottom tier to have that exclusive company.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Page 420? 420 blaze it?
In all seriousness though, I feel some buffs are in order for good ol' Mewtwo. I'm unsure of what exactly, but some buffs would be nice.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Positive news then for a change:

We just updated the Wisconsin PR for the fall season, and I moved up from #8 to #6.

http://t.co/4186CIg8C0

So far, looking at this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-power-rankings-directory-project.401710/ there are 3 Mewtwos that have made PRs across all regions: Trela, Mew^2, and I--and I'm the only one who doesn't use a secondary. I don't think I'm near Top 3 or anything since I know lots of Mewtwos are stuck in much tougher regions, but it's still a pretty cool perk of playing a bottom tier to have that exclusive company.
O.O Oh wow! Good on ya!

Gallant Blade

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-1379-3691
I do not think that Mewtwo's hitboxes are unusual, although more disable range and a faster confusion would be nice. If Mewtwo had more power in its attacks, then we would see a better play, I think.

Also, any characters you suggest for me to play against Master Fortress? I got close with Bowser and Lucina, but my luck is the WORST!!! :_( The CPU GETS ALL OF THE GOOD ITEMS!!!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I do not think that Mewtwo's hitboxes are unusual, although more disable range and a faster confusion would be nice. If Mewtwo had more power in its attacks, then we would see a better play, I think.

Also, any characters you suggest for me to play against Master Fortress? I got close with Bowser and Lucina, but my luck is the WORST!!! :_( The CPU GETS ALL OF THE GOOD ITEMS!!!
Try Sonic.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I'm surprised you didn't get punished on the ledge roll. That never, ever works out for me when I do it because she assumes the least practical shape imaginable with the ledge invul being over a bit before the animation is.

Top Bottom